(Topic ID: 76928)

Anybody in Canada have any pins they want to sell?

By Spencer

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,772 posts
  • 703 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 hours ago by KnockerPTSD
  • Topic is favorited by 432 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DumbnDumber (resized).jpg
111111 (resized).jpg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (resized).jpeg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (1) (resized).jpeg
L1000528 (resized).JPG
L1000531 edit (resized).jpg
L1000537 edit (resized).jpg
L1000539 edit (resized).jpg
L1000540 (resized).JPG
L1000542 (resized).JPG
L1000543 (resized).JPG
L1000544 edit (resized).jpg
L1000548 (resized).JPG
L1000549 (resized).JPG
L1000545 (resized).JPG
L1000526 (resized).JPG
There are 24,772 posts in this topic. You are on page 332 of 496.
#16551 3 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Ouch. I find when some people ship, they forget that the game is more fragile than the Industrial machinery it costs to be, while also still an art piece to the new owner. Even projects.
It really isn't that hard to wrap a game well, and prep it for transport.
Makes me sad.

I’m a little OCD when it comes to my machines and shipping.
I received a machine that I paid extra to have prepped by a tech. Received it with half a shipping blanket and the rest with cling wrap For protection. The legs were also attached to the art side of the cabinet and had worn thru the wrap and wore into the artwork! Not the end of the world but totally unnecessary and disappointing. When I pointed it out he said that’s how I always do it. He didn’t understand why I was upset.
My bad, I assumed a tech would know better! Lesson learned! Especially when it’s a pricey game!
Shipping a game is definitely a risky process on so many different
Levels. Ask lots of questions, speak up and never assume! It’s your money!!

#16552 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

That's the good news: seller paletted like an absolute pro. Moving blankets and wrap. I'm enjoying the game otherwise. If I ever ship again, I'll be more diligent. Thanks for the insight guys.

Yes of course a few issues you don't expect is normal but this case sounds worse than that. You don't miss or forget to take photos of an obviously damaged area like that. This is poor communication on the seller's end from what you've said and not cool. I hope you get it resolved without having to just take a bath on the repairs. There is nothing wrong with selling a beat up pin, just be open and honest with what you are selling, right?

#16553 3 years ago

New Pinball Virtual Machine was bought to see build quality opened and never used. Time to sell need the space.
You will be paying what I paid to bring it over from overseas. This is the cream of the crop in Virtual Pinball.

Based in VANCOUVER, BC We are willing to pallet wrap and ship at buyers expense. We have a shipper we have been using for 15 years.
Here is the link if anyone interested.

Might be willing to trade for a Data East or Sega Pinball, tell me what you got.

vancouver.craigslist.org link

#16554 3 years ago

I’m selling my ‘92 Gottlieb Cue Ball Wizard.

Message me for pics and details.

#16555 3 years ago

When shipping a pin with a gun instead of a shooter rod, have the gun taken off unless you want it snapped off by shipping donkeys

#16556 3 years ago

American Pinball Hotwheels, home used only, topper, shaker, art blades, approx 200 plays $8000 CAD

John’s Jukes will pick up from me, pack, paletize and ship to most places in Canada for about $600 or so.

#16557 3 years ago

Sold

Quoted from Canuckgamer99:

American Pinball Hotwheels, home used only, topper, shaker, art blades, approx 200 plays $8000 CAD
John’s Jukes will pick up from me, pack, paletize and ship to most places in Canada for about $600 or so.

#16558 3 years ago

That was quick. Well done

#16559 3 years ago

Friend of mine is opening a new arcade here in town. Global news has a story on it tonight if anyone's interested.

#16560 3 years ago

I've got a players condition Cyclone for 3k.

Has mylar lifting in some places but plays well (I think). Brand new LED score displays. New set of plastics and rubbers (not installed).

#16561 3 years ago
Quoted from rwmech5:

Friend of mine is opening a new arcade here in town. Global news has a story on it tonight if anyone's interested.

Awesome, where is the location?

#16562 3 years ago

The old Average Joe’s location. Going retro back to The Place

#16563 3 years ago
Quoted from rwmech5:

The old Average Joe’s location. Going retro back to The Place

Awesome!

#16564 3 years ago
Quoted from rwmech5:

Wow I didn’t see that coming, great news for sure! I haven’t heard a thing until now, and I own a retail shop a couple blocks away. I had three games in my shop for about a year until COVID. I wonder how he’s getting around the restrictions? Wish him all the best, I will help spread the word.

#16565 3 years ago

He will have to wait a bit, but hopefully things will open up soon. A good time to do reno's and get the place up and running it took us 6 months to open our arcade, so if he times it right should be able to operate.

Quoted from Indusguys:

Wow I didn’t see that coming, great news for sure! I haven’t heard a thing until now, and I own a retail shop a couple blocks away. I had three games in my shop for about a year until COVID. I wonder how he’s getting around the restrictions? Wish him all the best, I will help spread the word.

#16566 3 years ago

He was saying august earlier this week but might be June/July depending on the govt. We’re putting 3 pinballs to start along with all the other arcades/ skeeball/ basketball etc

#16567 3 years ago
Quoted from rwmech5:

He was saying august earlier this week but might be June/July depending on the govt. We’re putting 3 pinballs to start along with all the other arcades/ skeeball/ basketball etc

Seems like the hobby is quite strong in Lethbridge (seems like every second CDN pinsider I see these days is from Lethbridge), so wishing for all the best on this endeavour!

#16568 3 years ago
Quoted from JPloof:

Seems like the hobby is quite strong in Lethbridge (seems like every second CDN pinsider I see these days is from Lethbridge), so wishing for all the best on this endeavour!

There are quite a few collectors, but we couldn't keep a public league alive. Maybe this place can!

#16569 3 years ago
Quoted from rwmech5:

Who owned the machines that were there when it was AJs?

#16570 3 years ago

McLennans from Coaldale.

#16571 3 years ago

Cool, thanks! Do you know which ones are going to be there?

#16572 3 years ago

Aerosmith, looking for another ghostbusters and Jurassic park DE or stern or fingers crossed a new back to the future if stern releases it!

#16573 3 years ago

Sounds good, I played GOT and GB a lot when they were there. Some good craft beer and it'll be my second home!

#16574 3 years ago

If you run a good well organized league and have a descent amount of pins at location they will come

Quoted from Tranquilize:

There are quite a few collectors, but we couldn't keep a public league alive. Maybe this place can!

#16576 3 years ago
Quoted from rwmech5:

Aerosmith, looking for another ghostbusters and Jurassic park DE or stern or fingers crossed a new back to the future if stern releases it!

I have a couple machines I'd be interested in routing if he's interested. I repaired machines for Doran (McLennans), so I can do repairs, board work and maintenance on my machines as well.

#16577 3 years ago

Selling my 94 World Cup Soccer. Nice example, clean playfield and body. Full LED, mirror blades, brass legs and bolts, newer glass.

Has two small broken plastics, but replacements will be included.

Willing to ship at buyers expense.

Message me for info.

#16578 3 years ago

Thinking of shaking up my line up and moving a Sega The Lost World, Jurassic Park 2. Would trade +- cash or sell. It’s in nice shape, plays 100%, has the topper, LEDs.

#16579 3 years ago

I have a trade pending in the US for a G&R LE for my really nice IJPA plus $2k cash. I’d rather do this deal in Canada, less hassle with the border and Covid. Anyone out there interested in this trade? I’d also do the trade plus cash for a POTC LE too. Thx for your consideration! Feel free to PM me

#16580 3 years ago

Can someone Enlighten me on the game play of G&R LE please. I haven’t had the pleasure of playing it yet so some feedback would be great. Is it a family friendly game? Worth the the purchase? I’m of the old era and enjoy my 90’s Bally’s/Williams classics. I’m a little worried with what I’m seeing in the US and people getting rid of G&R with low plays. Thx!

#16581 3 years ago

Very fun game, lots of multi balls to build up your song jackpots.
Nothing like a 90's game though.

Lighting, sound and game play is well beyond them.

#16582 3 years ago

Ill likely get roasted for this but as beautiful as GNR is to look at, i didnt enjoy the style of gameplay it offers. A little too stop and go for my tastes and the ball times seemed really long considering i dont fancy myself the best player. Very impressive to look at but not a game id personally own but again, im not big on stop and go style gameplay.

#16583 3 years ago

Thanks for your opinions gentlemen. Greatly appreciated!

#16584 3 years ago

sold mine and do not miss it. Very pretty game for sure.

Quoted from gblgbl:

Can someone Enlighten me on the game play of G&R LE please. I haven’t had the pleasure of playing it yet so some feedback would be great. Is it a family friendly game? Worth the the purchase? I’m of the old era and enjoy my 90’s Bally’s/Williams classics. I’m a little worried with what I’m seeing in the US and people getting rid of G&R with low plays. Thx!

#16585 3 years ago

I am also in the process of selling my CE, I wrote a review if you want to know my opinion. To make things short, I love GNR, but I like fun games that have that “one more game” appeal. I don’t think this game was made for me. I need another rock pin though, If any wants to trade me their IMDN for my MBrLe I would be interested.

#16586 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Ill likely get roasted for this but as beautiful as GNR is to look at, i didnt enjoy the style of gameplay it offers. A little too stop and go for my tastes and the ball times seemed really long considering i dont fancy myself the best player. Very impressive to look at but not a game id personally own but again, im not big on stop and go style gameplay.

Totally agree....I looked at Jerry at Player One and asked if my ball was ever going to end.

#16587 3 years ago
Quoted from gblgbl:

I don’t think it’s worth the purchase. I had it for a few weeks and loved it for the artwork and the music. Not so much for the gameplay and pinball aspect of it.

#16588 3 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

I don’t think it’s worth the purchase. I had it for a few weeks and loved it for the artwork and the music. Not so much for the gameplay and pinball aspect of it.

Darren, did you have the SE G&R. Same as Algrande.
I do find the LE,CE models to have better game play.

You also need to figure out the rewards for building up the jackpots, I find.

#16589 3 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

Darren, did you have the SE G&R. Same as Algrande.
I do find the LE,CE models to have better game play.
You also need to figure out the rewards for building up the jackpots, I find.

Yes I did and I understood the rewards. I played around 200 games. Upper play field was not gonna fix it for me. It felt like one big game of 5 ball multi ball for a lot of it. Couldn’t focus on hitting any shots because the game kept spitting out balls. Haha. I’m sure it’s great for many. For me the price/gameplay experience was not there.

Oh and to keep the focus on games for sale... I’d still like to get an Elvira for my mint Batman 66. I’d do an outright sale but don’t offer me less than $10K please. This one is good as new.

#16590 3 years ago

Vendors don’t know how to setup games, I wouldn’t let that discourage you. Ours plays great, and ball times are pretty short on it.

Quoted from guard:

Totally agree....I looked at Jerry at Player One and asked if my ball was ever going to end.

#16591 3 years ago

Jerry knows games....

#16592 2 years ago

No more Batman 66

#16593 2 years ago

We have a real nice Silverball Mania we are interested to trade would rather get the machine in the hands of a collector that is looking for one. Not really looking to sell outright, however, we would consider selling if someone really wanted it. Pm if you got some interesting trades.

#16594 2 years ago

There is one (SM) near Woodstock.
I got the old playfield out of.
Cabinet was fresh out of paint, will be hitting the market in Ontario soon.
CPR was going in.

#16595 2 years ago

Couple recent games shipped depot to depot:

Regina to Mississauga (2,600 km) - $88 plus tax with Manitoulin
Darmouth, NS to Brampton (1,800 km) $153 plus tax with Day and Ross

Prices are so cheap compared to the US. Cheaper to ship a game from Saskatchewan than take a cab to the airport What is most impressive, they both arrived within 48 hours of being dropped off at the depots. I still prefer Manitoulin, more for the convenience as the depot is a lot smaller so takes considerably less time to pick up the game.

#16596 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Prices are so cheap compared to the US. Cheaper to ship a game from Saskatchewan than take a cab to the airport What is most impressive, they both arrived within 48 hours of being dropped off at the depots. I still prefer Manitoulin, more for the convenience as the depot is a lot smaller so takes considerably less time to pick up the game.

Something is off with these prices. I'm gonna guess the dimensions are understated and you've been lucky up to this point.

If you under quote the shipment, the freight company has full right to reevaluate and recharge based on volume.

Just a heads up for those out there who may try.

#16597 2 years ago

Also, keep in mind, anything inbound to the greater Toronto area is considerably cheaper to ship, as they have regular haul lines that don't always fill up.

So essentially, they are saving airspace and you're paying for it (even at a reduced rate)

Outbound is a different ballgame.

#16598 2 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Something is off with these prices. I'm gonna guess the dimensions are understated and you've been lucky up to this point.
If you under quote the shipment, the freight company has full right to reevaluate and recharge based on volume.
Just a heads up for those out there who may try.

The Day and Ross price is actually higher than it should be. I was quoted $122 plus tax but for some reason they put the weight down as 577 pounds instead of around 280. We think they put 280 Kg by mistake. I tried to get it fixed, long story, I just paid the extra $30 so I didn't have to wait a couple extra days to pick up the game.

Manitoulin I had 31x31x56 280 pounds.

#16599 2 years ago

I wish I could get shipping rates like that, would’ve saved me a pretty penny for sure!

#16600 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Surrey to Woodstock $166 Day & Ross

There are 24,772 posts in this topic. You are on page 332 of 496.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-in-canada-have-any-pins-they-want-to-sell/page/332?hl=boat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.