(Topic ID: 76928)

Anybody in Canada have any pins they want to sell?

By Spencer

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,776 posts
  • 703 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by Saltimbanco
  • Topic is favorited by 432 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DumbnDumber (resized).jpg
111111 (resized).jpg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (resized).jpeg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (1) (resized).jpeg
L1000528 (resized).JPG
L1000531 edit (resized).jpg
L1000537 edit (resized).jpg
L1000539 edit (resized).jpg
L1000540 (resized).JPG
L1000542 (resized).JPG
L1000543 (resized).JPG
L1000544 edit (resized).jpg
L1000548 (resized).JPG
L1000549 (resized).JPG
L1000545 (resized).JPG
L1000526 (resized).JPG
There are 24,776 posts in this topic. You are on page 331 of 496.
#16501 3 years ago
Quoted from tp:

I'm not allowed in Canada. Niagra would be the closest I could get. Unless there's a backdoor I could use.

Roxam road. The RCMP will probably even carry your pins for you.

#16502 3 years ago

For multiple pins it is actually fairly reasonable to ship them so as long as you are willing to pack them then I am pretty sure you would have a buyer for them. We just did a six machine deal a month ago with a guy from the US. $1000 CDN all in to ship to terminal.

Quoted from tp:

I would rent a uhaul and bring my whole collection to Niagara falls ny if I could sell them for good price and make it worth my while.

#16503 3 years ago
Quoted from tp:

I would rent a uhaul and bring my whole collection to Niagara falls ny if I could sell them for good price and make it worth my while.

Quoted from tp:

I'm not allowed in Canada. Niagra would be the closest I could get. Unless there's a backdoor I could use.

No idea why your posting in this thread but if now is not the time to get a good price when is?

#16504 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

No idea why your posting in this thread but if now is not the time to get a good price when is?

Thanks for the great question and opportunity to explain.

The idea of posting in this thread is...

I'm looking to sell my collection at market value, and not deal with those looking to lowball.

Checking options and possibilities, while also feeling a little sympathy for my neighbors to the north and the high prices they have to pay.

Being you guys have to pay crazy prices I figure you'll pay FAIR price with a smile.

Ideal situation I take 18 pins to niagra falls ny and meet 18 canadians who hand me good us dollars for good American pins and they drive em back across the border.

(alot of them being 1 owner low play huo and all have color and xtras)

Posting in this thread will hopefully lmk if this is a bad, or good idea or if it's even plausible.

#16505 3 years ago

I don’t think we can cross the border right now... but soon I hope.
Your idea is good... i like it!
Dibs on ACNC!

#16507 3 years ago
Quoted from tp:

Thanks for the great question and opportunity to explain.
The idea of posting in this thread is...
I'm looking to sell my collection at market value, and not deal with those looking to lowball.
Checking options and possibilities, while also feeling a little sympathy for my neighbors to the north and the high prices they have to pay.
Being you guys have to pay crazy prices I figure you'll pay FAIR price with a smile.
Ideal situation I take 18 pins to niagra falls ny and meet 18 canadians who hand me good us dollars for good American pins and they drive em back across the border.
(alot of them being 1 owner low play huo and all have color and xtras)
Posting in this thread will hopefully lmk if this is a bad, or good idea or if it's even plausible.

I could be persuaded to hit the road for either of BM66, TSPP, and TWD.

But as been mentioned there is no border crossing and probably won’t reopen for some time still.

#16508 3 years ago

My garage and basement are full, like ridiculously full.

Road Show $6000
TSPP HUO $10500
Dialed In HUO $10000
Terminator 2 $6000
Indianapolis 500 $5500
Whirlwind $5500
Hot Shot $2200

Atari Tempest $2500
Atari Asteroids Deluxe $1500

I may list more games, I'm not sure yet. All prices are in CAD.

#16509 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

I could be persuaded to hit the road for either of BM66, TSPP, and TWD.
But as been mentioned there is no border crossing and probably won’t reopen for some time still.

Mike, I would be interested if you have room for Stranger Things Prem..

#16511 3 years ago

Looking for a Big Indian and possibly an EM gun game.

Thanks!

#16512 3 years ago

Still looking for heavy metal meltdown and mousin around.

#16513 3 years ago

I am looking for a IJ or TAF please me if u have one for sale

#16514 3 years ago

Dan - you're back in business!!

#16515 3 years ago
Quoted from Hammer3246:

Near Mint Star Wars Pro, shaker, falcon, Star Destroyer, art blades, stainless steel action button surround, quiet fan installed in the power supply, e-z slides (not installed), LED lit trough, LED lit speakers.
Asking 7,500.00 No Trades.
It won't be available till the 9th of April as I'll be gone for work.

Sold

#16517 3 years ago

Strange world fs 6000$.

Local sale preferred but will work with nitro or johns jukes for shipping.

Lots of pics out there.

Where’s all the local heavy metal meltdowns and mousin arounds hiding?!

#16518 3 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Dan - you're back in business!!

For Sale, 2000 Bally Revenge from Mars. 5500.00
Monitor fully rebuilt and tube swapped.
Needs to be shopped, currently on location at Flames community Arena.
Selling for a friend

#16519 3 years ago

My documented RUO Tron Pro is still for sale.

$9000 OBO, though I would prefer a machine and cash in trade.

Looking at trades (+ or - cash) for the following:

MMr Standard
IJ 93'
Elvira HoH

Add some cash plus one of the following:
Iron Maiden Pro
AC/DC Vault Pro
SM Vault
Iron Man Vault
GoT Pro
TSPP
LotR
Stranger Things Pro
GotG Pro
BSD

#16520 3 years ago

Welcome back Pinside ,looking for Williams IJ,MM or TAF

#16522 3 years ago

Looking for an empty Gottlieb/Premiere System 3 cab for a project. Anyone got one, in Ontario, taking up room in your garage, basement or attic?

Also looking for Atari cabinet pieces as well.

#16523 3 years ago
Quoted from Smack:

This. I ordered about $100 Canadian in parts and was expecting duty upon arrival. Canada post person just dropped it off, no extra charges.
Bit of a tangent but when did Pinball Life stop shipping USPS? A year ago when Covid hit?

.. PBL stopped during covid after delays ... the number for PST/GST application seems to be $150 now a days (and often that is stretched a little further)

#16524 3 years ago
Quoted from Pauz21:

Missed y’all

How's that Star Wars treating you? Is it everything you hoped for and more?

#16525 3 years ago

Looking for a Hot Wheels if anyone wants to switch things up a bit.

Thanks!

#16526 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

How's that Star Wars treating you? Is it everything you hoped for and more?

It’s great. Have put up some stupid scores on it. Loving it so far

#16527 3 years ago
Quoted from Tuxedomask23:

Looking for a Hot Wheels if anyone wants to switch things up a bit.
Thanks!

I have one available for sale, it’s HUO, will send you a DM.

I’m in BC, John’s Jukes can pick up from me, pack and ship. You arrange with them direct.

#16529 3 years ago
Quoted from mikewalsh:

SOLD! Heading West!!

LOL...West is the only way to go in Canada from where you are

#16530 3 years ago

Hi fellow p-ballers, hope you are all having an amazing weekend

I have a pretty nice STTNG (led's, CDMD, upgraded ships, etc.) that I'm not playing as much as I thought I would. Let me know if anyone has something they'd be interested trading (+ or - cash if needed). Aside from EHOH, not really looking for any modern Sterns but let me know what you've got. Would also sell outright for a fair price. Thanks!

#16531 3 years ago
Quoted from HoneyBadger:

LOL...West is the only way to go in Canada from where you are

Lol, this is true!

#16532 3 years ago

Anyone in Canada have a Rick and Morty they no longer want? or a reservation spot? Someone? Anyone?
thanks!

#16533 3 years ago
Quoted from RandomTask:

Thinking of moving my HUO TSPP for the right trade. I haven't shipped before, but if the purchaser would like to work with me we can do it.
I'm not sure I want to sell/trade it along but I'd consider:
Batman 66
Star Trek Premium
Dialed In LE
Deadpool Pro/Premium

$8,700 for a cash purchase. PM for Photos.

#16534 3 years ago

Anyone have a four million bc for sale?

#16535 3 years ago
Quoted from Pauz21:

It’s great. Have put up some stupid scores on it. Loving it so far

Nice. Ive played it enough to know how to play it but not enough to fully understand it.

#16536 3 years ago
Quoted from Pauz21:

Watched a few you tube videos on a repair of one. That’s a really cool looking em.

#16537 3 years ago

I would love to have one of those too, there was one in Ottawa a while back but you don't see them around often.

Quoted from Pauz21:

#16538 3 years ago

So I've only ever bought pins in person, but I finally decided to try shipping for a title that I really wanted. For those of you who ship often, what do you tolerate in the way of unreported damage etc? Have any of you had bad experiences shipping?

The pin I received has front corner damage (visible chipped ply going down well past the front of the lackdown bar) and the PF does not raise properly, so much so that the PF has gouged into the side of the cab. I'm pretty sure it's taken a pretty good impact on the corner, which has caused the PF issue. There's also a GI sector out and what looks to be board work related to the DMD. That aside, the glass is scratched to crap (I can deal with that), the game is filthy, which I can get over easily, but "needs a good shop" would have been nice. My main issue is that the damage was clearly cut out of the pictures (no pic of area of under lockdown) and not mentioned in numerous texts and exchanges of photos. I would never sell a game in this condition without explaining the damage, issues and filth to the buyer. My bad for not asking for more photos, but we did exchange a lot. I didn't think to cover every inch of the game.

I requested a refund with both of us splitting the shipping. The seller just told me that I was looking for collector's quality, not "nice players" condition. He was only willing to send me a replacement DMD if I need one. The really strange thing was that when I told him that he didn't include images of the most significant damage to the machine, he said that he posted ads elsewhere on the internet. He never mentioned these in his ad on here nor to me in our texts... I guess I was supposed to randomely search for ads to get the correct images...

Anway, I'm willing to take my lumps (what I see as $500-1k loss) and learn from the experience. Any of you experienced anything like this?

#16539 3 years ago

Had a nightmare on a kitty cat snowmobile i bought and got shipped from sudbury and my tftc as well in the same area.

Pictures taken a an angle, zoom out. I also did a facetime for my tftc. Some leds in the backbox, at least 10 colors and 5 different brand.
Playfield had more damages that i thought. Etc

Not easy to buy local sometime when there is no inventory

#16540 3 years ago

There will always be undisclosed issues and things that aren't to your liking when buying sight unseen. I bought 2 WPCs like that and both had surprises. 1 more than the other. Pics avoided showing the extent of wear/damage. Bent legs, stripped leg holders (3 of 4), broken leveler nuts(normally welded to the legs but all 4 were broken and loose which gave the game a 1-2 inch circular wobble. This game was obviously transported on all legs at one point which caused that damage. It also had a damaged lockbar full of amateur electric welding holes (never in pics), plate glass instead of tempered (never in pics), and a few non-working things on my "fully working game".

The second game wasn't that bad - sort of. A few lighting add-ons by someone who doesn't understand how the lamp matrix works which caused matrix issues. That was easy to fix once I found the offending diodeless LED strips. However I had to replace the MPU as it was hacked beyond repair and not working right.

So yeah it happens.

#16541 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

So I've only ever bought pins in person, but I finally decided to try shipping for a title that I really wanted. For those of you who ship often, what do you tolerate in the way of unreported damage etc? Have any of you had bad experiences shipping?
The pin I received has front corner damage (visible chipped ply going down well past the front of the lackdown bar) and the PF does not raise properly, so much so that the PF has gouged into the side of the cab. I'm pretty sure it's taken a pretty good impact on the corner, which has caused the PF issue. There's also a GI sector out and what looks to be board work related to the DMD. That aside, the glass is scratched to crap (I can deal with that), the game is filthy, which I can get over easily, but "needs a good shop" would have been nice. My main issue is that the damage was clearly cut out of the pictures (no pic of area of under lockdown) and not mentioned in numerous texts and exchanges of photos. I would never sell a game in this condition without explaining the damage, issues and filth to the buyer. My bad for not asking for more photos, but we did exchange a lot. I didn't think to cover every inch of the game.
I requested a refund with both of us splitting the shipping. The seller just told me that I was looking for collector's quality, not "nice players" condition. He was only willing to send me a replacement DMD if I need one. The really strange thing was that when I told him that he didn't include images of the most significant damage to the machine, he said that he posted ads elsewhere on the internet. He never mentioned these in his ad on here nor to me in our texts... I guess I was supposed to randomely search for ads to get the correct images...
Anway, I'm willing to take my lumps (what I see as $500-1k loss) and learn from the experience. Any of you experienced anything like this?

Sometimes buying sight unseen is a risk, but I think the biggest thing here is everyone has a different idea of what defines quality.

I'm not saying you are over expecting and I am not saying the seller is understating.

It could be a case of seller may not have the knowledge or experience of what they have or what may be done.

Over the years, I ignore a lot of the descriptive terms because they only apply to the person describing.

Huo is a pet peeve as has been discussed previously. But players game could mean playable, but has wear.

I've come across games that had major hacks but the seller isn't knowledgable enough to know.

Maybe I trust people too much, but I also know that any game being bought unseen has to be done with a massive grain of salt. I can only expect with hope that I get what I intended. I've even run into it in games I've bought in person. Found stuff I missed when I looked, only because I wasn't going digging deep while in the excitement of making the purchase.

I feel bad you had this experience, and I hope it can all be mended. Sounds like a lot of it can be repaired.

I do want to commend you that you havent personally blasted another user publicly and have left the game and seller anonymous.

Hopefully it all work out in the end

#16542 3 years ago

Bottom line if you are shipping a machine then the risk is all on you. Hopefully you have someone on the other end that has a good reputation, but honestly most of the shipping deals I have made there is always stuff to do to get it going the way I want it to play. I believe most people are honest, however some stuff the seller just doesn't see the issues or think it is a big deal and when you get it is like hmm wish I would have known about that. I don't hold it against anyone as my fault for not asking for more pictures, or not asking enough questions and if you think you were not dealt with honestly then don't buy again from that person. I don't think I have had one that played perfectly out of the box when getting it shipped, it is hard on machines and there is always something that has to be done when you get it. As well, we have shipped many machines and stuff happens along the way out of our control, even thou it played perfectly when it left our hands. We have had shipping companies that break glass, or do a bit of damage on transport no matter what you do to tell them that it is a fragile piece they are hauling. So just be prepared to do work on a machine that gets transported, if it actually comes to you with no adjustments you got really lucky through the process.

Quoted from Tranquilize:

#16543 3 years ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

Bottom line if you are shipping a machine then the risk is all on you. Hopefully you have someone on the other end that has a good reputation, but honestly most of the shipping deals I have made there is always stuff to do to get it going the way I want it to play. I believe most people are honest, however some stuff the seller just doesn't see the issues or think it is a big deal and when you get it is like hmm wish I would have known about that. I don't hold it against anyone as my fault for not asking for more pictures, or not asking enough questions and if you think you were not dealt with honestly then don't buy again from that person. I don't think I have had one that played perfectly out of the box when getting it shipped, it is hard on machines and there is always something that has to be done when you get it. As well, we have shipped many machines and stuff happens along the way out of our control, even thou it played perfectly when it left our hands. We have had shipping companies that break glass, or do a bit of damage on transport no matter what you do to tell them that it is a fragile piece they are hauling. So just be prepared to do work on a machine that gets transported, if it actually comes to you with no adjustments you got really lucky through the process.

Yeah, I'm fine with working on machines. I actually like it. This is just... way more work than I had hoped for.

I guess my major gripe is that I would never misrepresent something this way. Leaving out the most obvious damage is just dishonest to me.

I guess I'll have to go back to buying in person. Too bad, as the actual shipping experience was excellent.

#16544 3 years ago

Have someone interested in my AC/DC Pro. So gauging if anyone has an AC/DC LUCI that they would consider a trade for a JJP GnR SE. Not interested in any other trades at this time. PM if you have a LUCI you are willing to trade or potentially sell outright. Thank you.

#16545 3 years ago

I have found that obvious is in the eye of the beholder, what I would think it obvious is sometimes not to another. I have had cases where we have worked those issues and been compensated for the parts for repair or just educated the person on the other side that next time they might want to tell people about these things if selling again. Either way it always comes down to be that I didn’t ask for enough pics or questions in that process as I was too eager to get machine in my hands. You are right thou there are a small sample of people out that, flat out misrepresent a machine to maximize its value, fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me!

Quoted from Tranquilize:

Yeah, I'm fine with working on machines. I actually like it. This is just... way more work than I had hoped for.
I guess my major gripe is that I would never misrepresent something this way. Leaving out the most obvious damage is just dishonest to me.
I guess I'll have to go back to buying in person. Too bad, as the actual shipping experience was excellent.

#16546 3 years ago

Royal flush 4 player EM in very good condition
Prefer local sale (Vancouver)
$1300 or Trade

#16547 3 years ago

I don't mind buying a pin remotely, or I guess I should say I used too not mind. I always expect issues, either from shipping or just other people don't like their pins the way I like my pins. Any pin I buy is getting completely gone over and I am sure I will find lots of stuff. I accept I am OCD about shit other people don't care about but that is on me. The only thing I really care about is the playfield, everything else is easy enough to fix. All that being said pin prices are so out of control now it has changed things a lot. It seems like everyone expects dime piece price on just your average machine. I just can't justify paying what people are asking.

One big thing that does drive me crazy is how to package a pin to have it shipped. The last pin I bough I paid an extra $100 to have it properly palleted. It arrived cling filmed to a pallet and the head must have been up against something and it rubbed through and took the decal off. I didn't complain but I was kinda pissed. At least it was on a pallet, but sandwich wrap does not count as properly palleted to me.

#16548 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I don't mind buying a pin remotely, or I guess I should say I used too not mind. I always expect issues, either from shipping or just other people don't like their pins the way I like my pins. Any pin I buy is getting completely gone over and I am sure I will find lots of stuff. I accept I am OCD about shit other people don't care about but that is on me. The only thing I really care about is the playfield, everything else is easy enough to fix. All that being said pin prices are so out of control now it has changed things a lot. It seems like everyone expects dime piece price on just your average machine. I just can't justify paying what people are asking.
One big thing that does drive me crazy is how to package a pin to have it shipped. The last pin I bough I paid an extra $100 to have it properly palleted. It arrived cling filmed to a pallet and the head must have been up against something and it rubbed through and took the decal off. I didn't complain but I was kinda pissed. At least it was on a pallet, but sandwich wrap does not count as properly palleted to me.

Ouch. I find when some people ship, they forget that the game is more fragile than the Industrial machinery it costs to be, while also still an art piece to the new owner. Even projects.

It really isn't that hard to wrap a game well, and prep it for transport.

Makes me sad.

#16549 3 years ago

That's the good news: seller paletted like an absolute pro. Moving blankets and wrap. I'm enjoying the game otherwise. If I ever ship again, I'll be more diligent. Thanks for the insight guys.

#16550 3 years ago

Shipping is a coin toss. Expert wrapped, perfectly honest member of this great community with everything as described

OR...

don’t-give-a-fark, tell-you-anything-you-want-to-hear-and-hide-damage, no-honor scammers.

And very rarely someone who doesn’t have a clue. But mostly one of the two categories above.

Protect youself by have a facetime/zoom call on phones so he can show you every detail you want to see and answer your questions. I’ve been burned big-time and have learned my lesson. Newbs beware.

There are 24,776 posts in this topic. You are on page 331 of 496.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-in-canada-have-any-pins-they-want-to-sell/page/331?hl=jesperpark and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.