(Topic ID: 76928)

Anybody in Canada have any pins they want to sell?

By Spencer

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 12,502 posts
  • 504 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by Pinball-Pat
  • Topic is favorited by 298 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,237 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DumbnDumber (resized).jpg
111111 (resized).jpg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (resized).jpeg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (1) (resized).jpeg
L1000528 (resized).JPG
L1000531 edit (resized).jpg
L1000537 edit (resized).jpg
L1000539 edit (resized).jpg
L1000540 (resized).JPG
L1000542 (resized).JPG
L1000543 (resized).JPG
L1000544 edit (resized).jpg
L1000548 (resized).JPG
L1000549 (resized).JPG
L1000545 (resized).JPG
L1000526 (resized).JPG

There are 12502 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 251.
#1601 4 years ago
Quoted from robbiedoo:

I've purchased from him - as long as you know going in that he's a business, and some (many) his machines are in players condition, then you're fine.
Bob's actually a really nice guy, and if you hate what you end up with he'll let you come back and swap for something else.
As long as you're educated about what to expect & what you're getting, and you can deal with paying more because he's a business and not a hobbyist, I would say you're fine dealing with him (which seems to be the general consensus!)

Bob is a really nice guy, I just wish he wouldn't misrepresent the quality of his machines in ads and on the phone. I don't know if he understands much of what he wants to sell at high end prices is low end player quality or not, but if he doesn't he should educate himself, and if he does he should just tell it like it is (and price it accordingly).

#1602 4 years ago

Bob is essentially a slick used car salesman - and will push to get max coin for his machines.

I personally have found his definitions of condition greatly different from mine and would never by a machine of his sight unseen. The big thing to remember is that he sells the games on a retail level for profit and basically kicks them out of the door. When he says gone over by his tech, he simply means that the game has been looked over and that it plays (not necessarily well). Basically, broken rubbers are replaced and the playfield maybe blown off with a compressor (which basically gets the loose dust off).

To be fair, I have seen a very small percentage of his machines in great condition.

#1603 4 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

Yes, that is the one. I dealt with the rust by soaking the screws and nuts in CLR, replaced some that wouldn't be salvaged. new ramps plastics and rubbers. Full flipper replacement. Will be polishing the playfield and replacing Mylar in due time. Fully LED and have mikes hologram mod on the way. Ordered the ramps from Australian pinball parts so got a really good price. I would say in the end I will have $3200 in purchase price plus $1500ish in shipping and replacement parts including hologram and tv screen. That leaves me $1000 to grab a replacement playfield down the line and you'll be on target with your $2500 estimate to repair. Gives me a $5700 fully restored cftbl... A little steep but I also paid 5k for my Shadow getting it from the states with shipping and exchange etc. (great condition). So yeah he had no problem ripping me off but as I said I had a feeling it was coming and wanted a project machine for the satisfaction of fixing it anyway.

Glad your happy with it!

#1604 4 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

Your quote is totally wrong. I didn't say that, I have no problem calling a spade a spade but I have no dog in this fight. [...] Another user said that, please make the change.

Oh! Dang! My bad - quoted from the wrong post. I fixed it. Sorry!!!

And please, don't misunderstand... I wasn't intending on my post coming off as if I was arguing with someone, or implying that anyone said something to the opposite of what I said. I was just stating how I felt about dealing with him. I was really just sharing my thoughts!

EDIT:
When I first got into the hobby I bought from him, but it wasn't sight-unseen. The pin (X-Files) was actually in really good shape, and there were zero issues with it. I have gone back since, and have been happy overall with my experiences.

I would argue that he's not out to rip people off, he's a business and will promote his product like one. And if you get something that doesn't work for you, he WILL trade it back for something else. Try getting that from random sellers on Kijijij.

I don't work for him or anything. I just think that comparing him to a rip off artist is a little unfair, especially when you have the option of taking a pin back if something goes wrong.

However, I'm not going to argue this - those are my feelings on the topic, and I wanted to share. I'm sure others will agree or disagree.

#1605 4 years ago

Looking at selling my Sopranos, second owner, always been in private collection, little over 500 total plays. Minty condition. $4,500 Located in Calgary.

#1606 4 years ago

Also looking for Iron man or Iron man vault.

#1607 4 years ago

Putting feelers out for a friend who is looking for a Scared Stiff in the Edmonton area. Also still looking for a reasonably priced Starship Troopers.

#1608 4 years ago

I'm still looking for a good BOP if any of you Canadians feel like parting with one.

#1609 4 years ago

Not pins, but a nice surprise from UPS, they only tagged me for $30 brokerage on delivering 3 pieces of JJP glass from last sale! not bad

#1610 4 years ago

Looking for a nice Stern Cheetah. I have a ton of trade bait. If there is a game you are looking for I most likely have it for a Cheetah!

#1611 4 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

Not pins, but a nice surprise from UPS, they only tagged me for $30 brokerage on delivering 3 pieces of JJP glass from last sale! not bad

Nice. How much was shipping, if you don't mind sharing?

#1612 4 years ago

So im on a game voyage in Edmonton, out for dinner with the kids at Red Robin and they actually have an Elvira! It's a POS mind you but never thought I'd see an eatpm in a restaurant.

#1613 4 years ago

Big Txs to redketchup who very generously gave me an mystery when lit gnr plastic for free. He even paid the postage!

#1614 4 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Nice. How much was shipping, if you don't mind sharing?

#1615 4 years ago

kijiji, someone in Sherwood Park selling an MM 10900. With current exchange that's not bad if its VG shape

#1616 4 years ago

That's pretty reasonable considering. I remember hearing it was several hundred dollars several years ago, it is nice to know they found a better way to ship!

#1617 4 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

kijiji, someone in Sherwood Park selling an MM 10900. With current exchange that's not bad if its VG shape

And it's sold..... That did not last long at all.

#1618 4 years ago

A-list games don't last too long. TZ sold here in Toronto in 2 hours.

#1619 4 years ago

Looked to be in awesome shape cant believe one was so close without me knowing it, lol

#1621 4 years ago

That's funny. Quite the backglass. She must be his special valentine if that's what it will take to part with her.

#1623 4 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

The problem is that some fool will pay that for it. Then all Diamond Ladies will be worth $5000

Did he add a zero by mistake wow... Think he will be hanging onto the lady a little longer.

#1624 4 years ago
Quoted from bcrage88:

Did he add a zero by mistake wow... Think he will be hanging onto the lady a little longer.

I was thinking of buying it to flip. Think I'd be good for losing about $3800.

#1625 4 years ago

Still have an X-Men LE Magneto that I'm looking trade. Let me know what you have...

20141215_112941.jpg
#1626 4 years ago

So I had to go to a wedding in Sundre. Stopped at Cross Iron Mills mall in Calgary. Is that store owner on glue at Sml? A completely trashed kiss machine left with the power on and credits on it so it can get trashed more... With a 7k price tag on it?? Of course I played a game. Drop targets missing. No sound. Rough play field. Get real.

#1627 4 years ago
Quoted from Pauz21:

So I had to go to a wedding in Sundre. Stopped at Cross Iron Mills mall in Calgary. Is that store owner on glue at Sml? A completely trashed kiss machine left with the power on and credits on it so it can get trashed more... With a 7k price tag on it?? Of course I played a game. Drop targets missing. No sound. Rough play field. Get real.

I think Southern Music would refer to that as "a deal"
QSS

#1628 4 years ago

SML is the only seller I would not hesitate to trash outright in every capacity possible, have it be 100% true and accurate, and in no way feel bad about having said it. They are the worst of the worst as far as pinball goes. But I sugar coat it - ask me how I really feel.

#1629 4 years ago
Quoted from Hobbypinball:

SML is the only seller I would not hesitate to trash outright in every capacity possible, have it be 100% true and accurate, and in no way feel bad about having said it. They are the worst of the worst as far as pinball goes. But I sugar coat it - ask me how I really feel.

No need for sugar coating, 100% the worst/biggest rip off store I have ever been to. Last time I was at the mall, I went in for a laugh and the sales guy gave me attitude like I couldn't afford anything. Nice customer service.

#1630 4 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

Last time I was at the mall, I went in for a laugh and the sales guy gave me attitude like I couldn't afford anything. Nice customer service.

Of course you can't afford over priced crap. Who can?

QSS

#1631 4 years ago

was looking to buy a LOTR to add to my collection would outright buy or would consider a trade if anyone knows of one in good condition for sale let me know. It is really interesting reading all of the posts of some the buying experiences people have had i have to agree that SML is out to lunch on their prices.

#1632 4 years ago
Quoted from glauses:

was looking to buy a LOTR to add to my collection would outright buy or would consider a trade if anyone knows of one in good condition for sale let me know. It is really interesting reading all of the posts of some the buying experiences people have had i have to agree that SML is out to lunch on their prices.

The new Metallica seemed to be priced what I thought would be reasonable but anything used was in rough shape and high priced. That said I can't really "trash" them since I know nothing about their customer service and have never purchased from them... I just couldn't believe the condition and price on that Kiss machine. What I do find funny is I've seen many people on Kijiji including here in Sask using SML as a tool in their add to raise their price. Just saw one the other day... can't remember what it was but it did the ol' "I only want $X for this great pin... this pin has sold for $XXX at SML." Like we're getting a special deal.

Sorry if that's someone's add on here but I hate comparing yourself to stuff you know is grossly overpriced like Ebay.

#1633 4 years ago

yes i went to buy new balls for a machine i traded for the balls were old and worn and needed to be replaced before they started to wear the play field i only needed 6 balls so i thought how bad could it be to buy them local so i went to SML here in Calgary and for regular balls they wanted 12 each or 72 for 6 balls, i was a bit shocked and they did not seem to care what i thought and told me to go online if i did not like the price so i followed their directions and went online as there was no way i was paying 72 bones for 6 balls
combined it with some other things i could use and made my order for $3 per ball(premium) landed in calgary

#1634 4 years ago

i agree that you should not use southern music to set your prices as they don't seem to care if they sell machines and just pick prices out of the air and hope someone who does not know or care about prices comes through the door.

#1635 4 years ago

Well... what the hell. Just decided about 1 minute ago that I'm going to sell my Golden Axe Arcade. Works... is set to free play and to the hardest game play level. I have no idea what to ask for it and since I decided about 2 seconds ago to sell it haven't taken pictures yet but if you're interested let me know and I'll see if I can get some pics and maybe a video of game play.

Cabinet is solid black. Looks to have been lime green once before based on the scratches.

#1636 4 years ago

golden axe... sweet game

#1637 4 years ago

Golden Axe is a classic. I wish I had some coin to make you an offer.

#1638 4 years ago
Quoted from ballykissfan:

Still have an X-Men LE Magneto that I'm looking trade. Let me know what you have...

That Wolverine you have on the game looks 1 million times better than the original. God that thing is way too big .... (That's what she said!).

Unlimited space and funds I'd pick this up. Fun game.

#1639 4 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

That Wolverine you have on the game looks 1 million times better than the original. God that thing is way too big .... (That's what she said!).
Unlimited space and funds I'd pick this up. Fun game.

Hmm. Throw the ACDC on the table. I'm sure we can work something out.

#1640 4 years ago

13 ball multiball anyone!? 3k or best offer. More pictures available if interested.

image.jpg

#1641 4 years ago

WTB Stern Star Trek Pro or Prem... please PM if you have one for sale.

#1642 4 years ago

Anyone has a nice Taxi in good player's condition in Quebec or ready to ship over here?

#1643 4 years ago
Quoted from ballykissfan:

Hmm. Throw the ACDC on the table. I'm sure we can work something out.

It's back to being my biggest earner! PotC fits well in the line up on location. Back to 5 pins there.

#1644 4 years ago

Finally found an excellent HUO Super Chexx and bought it today, couldn't be happier. Kids love it too!

#1645 4 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

Finally found an excellent HUO Super Chexx and bought it today, couldn't be happier. Kids love it too!

next week that super chexx will be a lovely coat hanger. The kids will love that too.

#1646 4 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

next week that super chexx will be a lovely coat hanger. The kids will love that too.

Dare I say " there is more than just pinball in a games room"........while preparing to be destroyed, lol.

#1647 4 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

Dare I say " there is more than just pinball in a games room"........while preparing to be destroyed, lol.

I think if there is room,there are some different cool stuff you can put in it,one nice thing about a super chexx you can put it in the middle of a room,but save some of your walls for pins.

#1648 4 years ago

Congrats Spencer!! You'll love it.
We love ours, and play ours quite a bit with friends or just the kids and I.

Quoted from jms121:

one nice thing about a super chexx you can put it in the middle of a room,but save some of your walls for pins.

Soooo true, I love that about them!

#1649 4 years ago
Quoted from Cam:

Congrats Spencer!! You'll love it.
We love ours, and play ours quite a bit with friends or just the kids and I.

Soooo true, I love that about them!

Thanks! Still trying to find a space for it, the pool table occupies most of the center room. That said, I just ordered my custom board decals. Guy let me choose any 20 logos I wanted, should look really great. ( going all the way around, not just the boards on the sides )

#1650 4 years ago

That's awesome, sure didn't take you long to start buying mods I've been meaning to order some for mine as well, I just havent decided if I'm going to go all out with all of the on-ice, dasher, scoreboard and cabinet decals he offers too....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 7.95
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
€ 9.95
Playfield - Other
Multigame
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
£ 80.00
Playfield - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 269.00
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 9.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 9,599.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Texas Pinball
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
There are 12502 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 251.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside