(Topic ID: 76928)

Anybody in Canada have any pins they want to sell?

By Spencer

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,642 posts
  • 703 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 hours ago by cait001
  • Topic is favorited by 432 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DumbnDumber (resized).jpg
111111 (resized).jpg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (resized).jpeg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (1) (resized).jpeg
L1000528 (resized).JPG
L1000531 edit (resized).jpg
L1000537 edit (resized).jpg
L1000539 edit (resized).jpg
L1000540 (resized).JPG
L1000542 (resized).JPG
L1000543 (resized).JPG
L1000544 edit (resized).jpg
L1000548 (resized).JPG
L1000549 (resized).JPG
L1000545 (resized).JPG
L1000526 (resized).JPG

There are 24,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 329 of 493.
#16401 3 years ago

Stern rewards are IFPA top 1000 I believe.

Quoted from MrMikeman:

Stern only deals with individuals for the IFPA Stern Rewards program. You need to be in the top 100 IFPA ranked players worldwide to have access.

#16402 3 years ago

I think you will have a ton of people interested I have been looking for one for 7 years but still no luck.

Quoted from Hawk007:

you interested? Its a nice game. The backglass is incredible and no playfield wear also. When i get some time I will get it set up and everything and you can check it out. Has a funny clear coat on the playfield already that could be leveled better but does not affect play and keeps it protected. Cheers eh

#16403 3 years ago

Looks like 3-4 in this thread alone.

#16404 3 years ago

Hi all. I'm selling an undocumented HUO LOTR of which I'm the second owner. Long story short, picked this up last summer off a guy who bought this NIB from Gilchrist Games back in the day, and it was kept in their cottage the entire time. Although there was a lockbar and hasps installed on the coin door (which I've since removed), the sealed bag of plastics, new condition of the manual, great condition of the cabinet and playfield etc leads me to believe and accept his story without hesitation.

What I've done to it since I received it, powder coated all armour, added eye of Sauron, pinblades, speaker decal, lollipop rails, shaker motor and of course the chips that go with that so the pin thinks it's a LE (and no golden dick that once seen you can't unsee!).

Link to pics if you're interested. No trades, asking $9500.00 http://www.pinballrevolution.com/threads/undocument-huo-lotr-2nd-owner.10953/#post-71398

#16405 3 years ago

That lotr is a steal, just needs a cdmd. Glws.

#16406 3 years ago

Since we talking fathom let’s talk price.

Pinside average is 5-6k usd.

What should cdn pricing be?

#16407 3 years ago

Pins came with a "original security lock bar that goes across the front of the coin door" when they were sold ? to be on route?

#16408 3 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Pins came with a "original security lock bar that goes across the front of the coin door" when they were sold ? to be on route?

From my understanding, all Stern pins came that way regardless if they were destined for routing or not. Not sure when it stopped.

#16409 3 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

From my understanding, all Stern pins came that way regardless if they were destined for routing or not. Not sure when it stopped.

Can someone confirm this, doesn’t sound right to me

#16410 3 years ago
Quoted from mcuzz:Can someone confirm this, doesn’t sound right to me

I believe the only pins that ever came with the security bar from factory were pinball 2000.

#16411 3 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

That's not accurate just judging by the sheer quantity of LOTR pictures without lock bar holes.

#16412 3 years ago
Quoted from Kare9:That's not accurate just judging by the sheer quantity of LOTR pictures without lock bar holes.

Well, many people do restores, they fill in the holes, redecal the cab. Look, I'm just repeating what I was taught/told when I got in the hobby 9 years ago. Certainly not intentionally misleading anyone.

But now I'm intrigued and think its a valid question. I'm going to ask about it in the LOTR thread. MTF

#16413 3 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

Well, many people do restores, they fill in the holes, redecal the cab. Look, I'm just repeating what I was taught/told when I got in the hobby 9 years ago. Certainly not intentionally misleading anyone.
But now I'm intrigued and think its a valid question. I'm going to ask about it in the LOTR thread. MTF

Suggesting the majority of LOTR pictures are absent lock bar holes because they were all "restored" seems foolish to me. GL with your sale either way!

#16414 3 years ago
Quoted from Kare9:

Suggesting the majority of LOTR pictures are absent lock bar holes because they were all "restored" seems foolish to me. GL with your sale either way!

Don't think I said "majority" but I digress, not interested in splitting hairs with you. Moving on.

Posted in the LOTR forum, got one response and they said not aware of any modern Sterns with that lockbar. So, I certainly stand corrected. Again, was not trying to mislead anyone intentionally.

#16415 3 years ago

Lord of the Rings didn't come with a lockdown bar.
I don't think any Sterns came with one.

#16416 3 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

Hi all. I'm selling an undocumented HUO LOTR of which I'm the second owner. Long story short, picked this up last summer off a guy who bought this NIB from Gilchrist Games back in the day, and it was kept in their cottage the entire time. Although there was a lockbar and hasps installed on the coin door (which I've since removed), the sealed bag of plastics, new condition of the manual, great condition of the cabinet and playfield etc leads me to believe and accept his story without hesitation.
What I've done to it since I received it, powder coated all armour, added eye of Sauron, pinblades, speaker decal, lollipop rails, shaker motor and of course the chips that go with that so the pin thinks it's a LE (and no golden dick that once seen you can't unsee!).
Link to pics if you're interested. No trades, asking $9500.00 http://www.pinballrevolution.com/threads/undocument-huo-lotr-2nd-owner.10953/#post-71398

Re-worded............tough crowd.

#16417 3 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

Don't think I said "majority" but I digress, not interested in splitting hairs with you. Moving on.
Posted in the LOTR forum, got one response and they said not aware of any modern Sterns with that lockbar. So, I certainly stand corrected. Again, was not trying to mislead anyone intentionally.
Fuck, no wonder I don't list my pins very often publicly.

SORRY! I was just so curious, I had never heard of that before, my bad!

#16418 3 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

SORRY! I was just so curious, I had never heard of that before, my bad!

You weren't accusatory or insulting in your comments....not directed at you northerndude

#16419 3 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

Re-worded............tough crowd.

I don’t think anyone was trying to get on your case... it’s just the one thing you were using as the proof the game is HUO is actually proof of the opposite. HUO gets thrown around so much it’s lost its meaning anyway. It really doesn’t matter. Your game looks pristine and the condition is what drives the price, not claims of HUO.

If you weren’t so far I’d be seriously tempted. LOTR is on my very short list of wants.

GLWTS.

#16420 3 years ago

That LOTR is nice and priced to sell.... Someone needs to buy it before I'm tempted to

GLWTS Bigbossfan

#16421 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

I don’t think anyone was trying to get on your case... it’s just the one thing you were using as the proof the game is HUO is actually proof of the opposite. HUO gets thrown around so much it’s lost its meaning anyway. It really doesn’t matter. Your game looks pristine and the condition is what drives the price, not claims of HUO.
If you weren’t so far I’d be seriously tempted. LOTR is on my very short list of wants.
GLWTS.

Valid points. Thanks for the constructive feedback.

#16422 3 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

Valid points. Thanks for the constructive feedback.

Wasn't trying to be an asshole, I hope you sell it fast and easy.

#16423 3 years ago

Still a good price on that LOTR by all accounts! If I hadn't bought one this year, I'd be interested.

Agreed that HUO feels like a phrase without much meaning. My favourite thing is to see 90s and older pins where someone says it's HUO. While it's possible, it's extremely unlikely. If anyone is selling a pin and says HUO, I generally assume they are correct until I can see otherwise if it's made after 2013. If it's older than 2013, I assume it isn't HUO until they can prove otherwise. I'm still relatively new to the hobby, but I see 2013 as this turning point where the home market became viable and a destination for many pins from the factory.

That said, I don't care if any pin I buy is HUO if it's clean and maintained. You can route and still care for your games. There are folks local that are a testament to that.

#16424 3 years ago
Quoted from kyriel:

Still a good price on that LOTR by all accounts! If I hadn't bought one this year, I'd be interested.
Agreed that HUO feels like a phrase without much meaning. My favourite thing is to see 90s and older pins where someone says it's HUO. While it's possible, it's extremely unlikely. If anyone is selling a pin and says HUO, I generally assume they are correct until I can see otherwise if it's made after 2013. If it's older than 2013, I assume it isn't HUO until they can prove otherwise. I'm still relatively new to the hobby, but I see 2013 as this turning point where the home market became viable and a destination for many pins from the factory.
That said, I don't care if any pin I buy is HUO if it's clean and maintained. You can route and still care for your games. There are folks local that are a testament to that.

Agreed on the huo term vs condition. I've seen way too many huo only games look and play like garbage where as routed games that have been cared for can be top notch.

However, I'd say a turning point would be earlier than 2013... Maybe just my experience, but a lot of the early 2000s games were purchased well after arcades died for home use ownership.

Again, huo is a loose term at best. I've always said that. A lot of people who buy them don't even know how to see the menu.

#16425 3 years ago

My documented RUO Tron Pro is still for sale.

$9200 OBO, though I would prefer a machine and cash in trade.

Looking at trades (+ or - cash) for the following:

MMr Standard
IJ 93'
Elvira HoH

Add some cash plus one of the following:
Iron Maiden Pro
AC/DC Vault Pro
SM Vault
Iron Man Vault
GoT Pro
TSPP
LotR
Stranger Things Pro

#16426 3 years ago

RUO ?

#16427 3 years ago

Routed Use Only....my guess
Rural Use Only.....little old farmer only used it on Sundays after church?

#16428 3 years ago

Scooby Doo saying Home Use Only. Ruh roh Raggy.

#16429 3 years ago

Route Use Only, Documented.

It's my own sarcastic dig at HUO. As has been mentioned, the term doesn't mean a thing. Condition is king.

#16430 3 years ago
Quoted from mikewalsh:

I have for sale a PARTIAL set of STTNG Decals. Included are the two side cabinet decals and the two head decals. Missing is the front door decal. These decals are approx 6 months old and are purchased from Mr. Pinball in Australia. I’m looking for $200 with shipping included to a Canadian address. Decals will be shipped in a protective tube. Please PM me with any questions.
Mike

Added today: PRICE DROP $150 DELIVERED!!!!

PTICE DROP $150 DELIVERED

#16431 3 years ago

How much does an Ice Cold Beer arcade go for these days?

#16432 3 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

Route Use Only, Documented.
It's my own sarcastic dig at HUO. As has been mentioned, the term doesn't mean a thing. Condition is king.

Sincere apologies about the drama gents.

Quoted from Bigbossfan:

LOTR is sold.....sorry about the drama fellow pinheads!

#16433 3 years ago

LOL... RUO

Reminds me of when eBay was more popular and the acronym NIB started appearing. I didn't know when the letters represented at first and always assumed that NIB meant NOT IN BOX. Now, when I see NIB I can't help but think that first.

#16434 3 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

LOL... RUO
Reminds me of when eBay was more popular and the acronym NIB started appearing. I didn't know when the letters represented at first and always assumed that NIB meant NOT IN BOX. Now, when I see NIB I can't help but think that first.

I like when people started popularizing NOB.

New out of box. Which essentially means it isn't new.

#16435 3 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Now, when I see NIB I can't help but think that first.

All I think about are little liquorice bites...

#16436 3 years ago

Still taking trade offers on my Avengers (AIQ) Pro. Only 350 plays. Shaker installed. Perfect condition.

This machine just won the TWIPY award for best rules, as well as the award for the best design and layout.

#16437 3 years ago
Quoted from chaz009:

This machine just won the TWIPY award for best rules, as well as the award for the best design and layout

Yeah, but not game of the year, clearly a dud, offload that thing ASAP!

#16438 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

Yeah, but not game of the year, clearly a dud, offload that thing ASAP!

TWIPY hahaha... Wasn't Munsters on the list?

I got a badge for a colouring contest when I was 6 that means more.

#16439 3 years ago

Hello all, long time since I’ve visited, good to see many pages of pins being sold and traded, and kept in Canada!

I have a very original STTNG here running original boards except a new tray opto that I installed. The tie-back mod is done. Original DMD, no LEDs etc no other mods ... (boo??!!) lol anyways I was hoping to get a sense of fair market value , I want to put it up on Kijiji and FB groups for sale , looking for $6500 as is where is. I hope this seems reasonable. It is not pristine but really never saw heavy plays I don’t think no drill holes for a route lock. It plays well, just never was my dream theme.

Look forward to your constructive feedback!

Added over 3 years ago:

Edit: HAS lock bar holes sorry.

#16440 3 years ago
Quoted from BCpinhead:

Hello all, long time since I’ve visited, good to see many pages of pins being sold and traded, and kept in Canada!
I have a very original STTNG here running original boards except a new tray opto that I installed. The tie-back mod is done. Original DMD, no LEDs etc no other mods ... (boo??!!) lol anyways I was hoping to get a sense of fair market value , I want to put it up on Kijiji and FB groups for sale , looking for $6500 as is where is. I hope this seems reasonable. It is not pristine but really never saw heavy plays I don’t think no drill holes for a route lock. It plays well, just never was my dream theme.

I think your 1k low

#16441 3 years ago
Quoted from Twilight1:

I think your 1k low

Wow, OK thank you Twilight!! , If I get close to that, beers are on me for sure! If anyone is interested hit me up here. I can provide references.

#16442 3 years ago
Quoted from BCpinhead:

I’m just super pumped about your avatar. Man I wish I had my lizard still

#16443 3 years ago
Quoted from BCpinhead:

need to see pictures . condition is king

#16444 3 years ago
Quoted from Twilight1:

I think your 1k low

Without a Color DMD, LEDs and a 90% chance of a crispy GI section and who knows what for the cpu board battery area?
Plus there is zero info on cabinet and playfield condition, flippers rebuilt ever?. Being nearly 30 years I personally
don't have high hopes for it hitting 7500 IMO. Soooo many questions.

#16445 3 years ago
Quoted from WW2GURU:

Without a Color DMD, LEDs and a 90% chance of a crispy GI section and who knows what for the cpu board battery area?
Plus there is zero info on cabinet and playfield condition, flippers rebuilt ever?. Being nearly 30 years I personally
don't have high hopes for it hitting 7500 IMO. Soooo many questions.

For reference, there's one on MAACA, seems in pretty good shape, color DMD, mods, $7200. Been there for a short while..
https://www.maaca.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=27040&p=229384&hilit=STTNG#p229384

#16446 3 years ago

I feel 6500 is very accurate.

#16447 3 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Maybe even a little high.
Last one I know of sold for 5800.00 with colourdmd and mods.

#16448 3 years ago

Fair enough just the way prices are these days thought it would look like a steal on Kijiji at 6500$. And if I remember correctly I got 5800$ for mine 3 years ago it did have color dmd tho.

#16449 3 years ago
Quoted from Pauz21:

I’m just super pumped about your avatar. Man I wish I had my lizard still

I do love my GL. It was one of my first machines. One of these day I will get the mod original? Backglass.. looks SO good!!
Cheers buddy

#16450 3 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Thanks EBT, that’s what I’m going to list at. Appreciate your feedback. I know it’s shitty asking price thoughts without posting pics.
I know the machine history from new and it all involves low play numbers over the years with basic maintenance.

There are 24,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 329 of 493.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-in-canada-have-any-pins-they-want-to-sell/page/329?hl=ochofosho and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.