(Topic ID: 76928)

Anybody in Canada have any pins they want to sell?

By Spencer

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,772 posts
  • 703 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 hours ago by KnockerPTSD
  • Topic is favorited by 432 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DumbnDumber (resized).jpg
111111 (resized).jpg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (resized).jpeg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (1) (resized).jpeg
L1000528 (resized).JPG
L1000531 edit (resized).jpg
L1000537 edit (resized).jpg
L1000539 edit (resized).jpg
L1000540 (resized).JPG
L1000542 (resized).JPG
L1000543 (resized).JPG
L1000544 edit (resized).jpg
L1000548 (resized).JPG
L1000549 (resized).JPG
L1000545 (resized).JPG
L1000526 (resized).JPG
There are 24,772 posts in this topic. You are on page 325 of 496.
#16201 3 years ago

That is a LOT for a topper!
I have a BKSOR and would LOVE a topper for it but when you start getting over $1,000+ USD...
Yikes.

wcbrandes I'm sure you'll get what you want for it though.... Stern seems to be unwilling to re-run any mods/accessories so you're sitting on a nice upside!

#16202 3 years ago

Brought a Blackrose over from Denver, told the guard I picked up this Pinball, told me to park and go inside. They asked the age of the game and had no idea on its value. He asked if $50.00 CDN was fair.
Paid and hightailed it out of there.

#16203 3 years ago

I just imported a pin this week. It should arrive tomorrow. There is no duty and the value is what is stated on the invoice from the person or vendor that sold it to you. If it was a private sale, just get an invoice/ receipt of the sale from the seller with all his contact info. Otherwise, the invoice from the retailer is fine. (I have imported 10's of millions of dollars of merchandise over the past decade and 99.9% of the time do my own customs clearance and brokerage).

#16204 3 years ago

Also looking for a barb wire in bc. Txs.

#16205 3 years ago
Quoted from luch:

remember it's ebay ! so don't get too excited! lol

thus listing this one new in box for 2k US

#16206 3 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Also looking for a barb wire in bc. Txs.

She’s moving back to B.C. from California!

#16207 3 years ago
Quoted from HoneyBadger:

Ohhh I know, I’m hoping to lure her in with some sweet pinball action!

#16208 3 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

100% incorrect.

PinPickle is definitely right about this. The border having a list of all pins is not feasible. They would have to have a full list of everything that ever existed. Just imagine the logistics. The border would need a massive database to store all this information and have a search more capable than Google. Plus it's government, so the concept is laughable.

#16209 3 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

pinpickle is definitely right about this. The border having a list of all pins is not feasible. They would have to have a full list of everything that ever existed. Just imagine the logistics. The border would need a massive database to store all this information and have a search more capable than Google. Plus it's government, so the concept is laughable.

If you appear organized at the border with the guard, then usually no issues. They always ask if you have brought any other games over, and once you say you have, they just tell you to bring your receipt to the person inside. Once I didn't have a receipt so they actually asked to see my online banking on my phone to show the funds coming out of my account. As long as the paper trail agrees with the receipt, there should be no issues. But always get a receipt, even if you bring one with you and get the seller to initial it.

#16210 3 years ago

Not a game, but have a pinstadium Neo kit I’m just not partial to (no matter how hard I try). Anyone local to Edmonton and surrounding area that’s interested in pickup, let me know (not interested in shipping at this time). Everything included, except a magna mount from pinstadium ($10 USD) or grab a magnet strip from the local hardware store and make your own. Thinking $300 CDN.

#16211 3 years ago

Sooo.... anyone in Saskatchewan have a newer game for sale? I just one. Money is burning a hole in my pocket.

#16212 3 years ago

Anyone in the GTA looking for an old TV for free? Think it is 50 inches, Sony with the original remote. Works perfectly and also had picture in picture. It is NOT a flat screen, one of the original 50" TVs. PM for details. Thanks.

#16213 3 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

100% incorrect.
You pay the value on the invoice. They don’t know if you buying a cabinet and legs or a full functioning pin. They do not have a list. I just shipped a Pin across and discussed this before in this thread if your willing to look. I will send you a PM beegeemtl

Shipping a pin is different than bringing it across yourself. Believe me. There is no "master list" but they have access to inflated sites (eBay) and they will charge you what they deem it is worth regardless of what a seller claims it to be. If it is an operator or registered distributer, they go by that price. With an individual personal transaction, it ALL depends on the mood of the border guard. It sucks as there are good deals to be had on estate machines, uneducated sellers etc. It doesn't matter what you paid, it matters on what they deem it is worth.

I have brought over many many pins. Believe me, it saves to tell the truth. I am lucky to live where I do and some friends that may or may not work in border services.

#16214 3 years ago

I agree shipping and transporting is different but You pay the value of the invoice. Every time. I have had a mailbox in Lewiston for the last 12 years and have brought many things across.

If it’s bnib I claim that price. If it’s used... you pay invoice price. Someone brings a fair condition Wayne Gretzky rookie card they are not going to check the news and see that a rookie card just sold for $1mil.

That being said, if you make a fake invoice and they contact the seller and he has a different story. That would be an issue.

#16215 3 years ago

Anybody have a Medievel Madness they want to sell or trade? I’m interested in any version. Also would consider a Monster Bash or Willy Wonka. Happy Spring flippin!

#16216 3 years ago

Trading TSPP + cash or Dialed in LE for WOZ/Wonka. Prefer cash on glass local. Not interested in selling at this time. Thanks!

#16217 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

thus listing this one new in box for 2k US

I would like to buy it and can send you payment via Paypal. I also sent you a message regarding this. Thanks!

#16218 3 years ago

PayPal - naw-

EMT- yah

Edit- just my opinion. I definitely am not trusting of PayPal or trusting of a newcomer using it.
Non stop scammer threads popping up. Not saying you are.

#16219 3 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

PayPal - naw-
EMT- yah
Edit- just my opinion. I definitely am not trusting of PayPal or trusting of a newcomer using it.

Yes, I asked for a wire and to ask here on the site if anyone can vouch for me, here or the US it wouldn't matter, however he won't do that and says I am ripping him off already by the price and I should ship then expect him to transfer the money! If more than two or three can vouch for this NEW guy then maybe will look at a mutually agreeable way other wise please take caution of this member. Cheers Bill

#16220 3 years ago
Quoted from HoneyBadger:

honestly, good for her. <3

#16221 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Yes, I asked for a wire and to ask here on the site if anyone can vouch for me, here or the US it wouldn't matter, however he won't do that and says I am ripping him off already by the price and I should ship then expect him to transfer the money! If more than two or three can vouch for this NEW guy then maybe will look at a mutually agreeable way other wise please take caution of this member. Cheers Bill

I so wanted to post the Monty Python Run Away gif, damn image restrictions.

#16223 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I so wanted to post the Monty Python Run Away gif, damn image restrictions.

#16224 3 years ago

I was thinking this one

#16225 3 years ago

This is what comes to mind, you old goats...

#16226 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Ok, so you want our payment method disagreement to be made public;
1- you are already gouging community members with your price, which is a reflection of the type of person you are.
2- you want payment done in a method that offers ZERO protection to the buyer.

You are right, I AM a new guy. I don't know you, you don't know me, yet you think I should blindly trust you and send you $2K US and HOPE you send me the item, YET, you will not offer the same such trust to do the opposite. Nor will you do the transaction in a way that protects BOTH of us. I don't care if you have been on this site for 100 years and have 1000 people vouch for you, I would STILL have NO protection. Are those people that are vouching for you willing to pay me back if you steal my money?

I guess I would offer the same warning to other community members about you;
Take EXTREME caution from a seller that refuses to sell to you in a way that offers you, the buyer, ANY protection from being ripped off.

#16227 3 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

PayPal - naw-
EMT- yah

Can you offer a way that protects the buyer?
EMT does not.
Keep in mind we are on different sides of the country so meeting in person and doing a cash deal is impossible.

#16228 3 years ago

It is tough when your new but the reality is no one in their right mind would ever ship anything pinball related without cash in hand. What I have always done is researched the person on here. You can tell pretty quick if they are legit. Then I transfer 100% of the funds then they ship. That is the expected norm.

If my memory serves back in the FlipNOut days wcbrandes invited people to his home to play his collection. He his been on here forever. I have never had dealings with him directly but he is someone I would have no hesitation buying from.

P.S. No one is gouging anyone, he is not scalping this topper. My impression was he realized he had an object that is worth more to someone else than it is to him so he offered to sell it.

#16229 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

It is tough when your new but the reality is no one in their right mind would ever ship anything pinball related without cash in hand. What I have always done is researched the person on here. You can tell pretty quick if they are legit. Then I transfer 100% of the funds then they ship. That is the expected norm.

This is the way..!

#16230 3 years ago
Quoted from JustAnotherYoyo:

Can you offer a way that protects the buyer?
EMT does not.
Keep in mind we are on different sides of the country so meeting in person and doing a cash deal is impossible.

There are people here that can vouch for others. The problem is trust, and unfortunately it falls on the new user to be the questionable one.

It is not a reflection of you personally, but rather a reflection of having no backup to claim.

If you are willing to take the leap with someone in person local, you will have to take the faith of trusting other members on this site.

For example, you are about 40 mins away from me, I have (I believe) a fair reputation. If you research me, and trust me, I could offer an escrow type service. Though, Id still have to pay upfront before I would expect anyone to ship to me. It can be a real tough squeeze.

#16231 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I wish I could be trusting, but unfortunately I am not.
You state above that you only send the money ONCE THEY SHIP, which means you do not trust anyone either and want the seller to take all the risk.
-What recourse does the seller have if you decide NOT to send them the money AFTER they have already shipped?
-What recourse do YOU have if they ship you an empty box?

I own a very large online store and have seen every trick in the book...
I am not asking the seller to take any risk.
I am just trying to protect myself against loss.
I see nothing wrong in that.
Unfortunately, despite it's flaws, Paypal is still the BEST way to protect BOTH parties.

#16232 3 years ago

The only possible way I can see this working with some for of protection is to get a retailer involved.

*****THIS IS PURELY AN EXAMPLE, ALL PARTIES INVOLVED WOULD HAVE TO AGREE*****

If he sells the topper to Nitro (possibly used as trade against future purchase) and then Nitro sells it to you. They are a business and reputable.
You will then have to incur taxes, as well as a profit to be made by the business involved, as nothing in life is free.

If this offers you protection, maybe try to see if they are willing to do it.

Just remember, it comes at a cost and this is only an example of something that may OR MAY NOT be possible.

#16233 3 years ago

You state above that you only send the money ONCE THEY SHIP, which means you do not trust anyone either and want the seller to take all the risk.

Re-read his post. He pays and THEN it gets shipped.

#16234 3 years ago

Ok, so you want our payment method disagreement to be made public;
1- you are already gouging community members with your price, which is a reflection of the type of person you are.
2- you want payment done in a method that offers ZERO protection to the buyer.
You are right, I AM a new guy. I don't know you, you don't know me, yet you think I should blindly trust you and send you $2K US and HOPE you send me the item, YET, you will not offer the same such trust to do the opposite. Nor will you do the transaction in a way that protects BOTH of us. I don't care if you have been on this site for 100 years and have 1000 people vouch for you, I would STILL have NO protection. Are those people that are vouching for you willing to pay me back if you steal my money?
I guess I would offer the same warning to other community members about you;
Take EXTREME caution from a seller that refuses to sell to you in a way that offers you, the buyer, ANY protection from being ripped off.

Quoted from Meegis:

There are people here that can vouch for others. The problem is trust, and unfortunately it falls on the new user to be the questionable one.
It is not a reflection of you personally, but rather a reflection of having no backup to claim.
If you are willing to take the leap with someone in person local, you will have to take the faith of trusting other members on this site.
For example, you are about 40 mins away from me, I have (I believe) a fair reputation. If you research me, and trust me, I could offer an escrow type service. Though, Id still have to pay upfront before I would expect anyone to ship to me. It can be a real tough squeeze.

Pretty much anyone here would vouch for Meegis.. and that's how you build that trust factor, talking to people, asking questions. Checking for references and getting help when needed.

#16235 3 years ago

-What recourse does the seller have if you decide NOT to send them the money AFTER they have already shipped?
-What recourse do YOU have if they ship you an empty box?
I own a very large online store and have seen every trick in the book...
I am not asking the seller to take any risk.
I am just trying to protect myself against loss.
I see nothing wrong in that.
Unfortunately, despite it's flaws, Paypal is still the BEST way to protect BOTH parties.

It's just the reality, pinball is a sellers market. You will find it very hard to make deals using paypal for anything bigger than a simple mod.

Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Pretty much anyone here would vouch for Meegis.. and that's how you build that trust factor, talking to people, asking questions. Checking for references and getting help when needed.

So true I made my first long distance deal with him.

#16236 3 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

If I bought from someone local, cash and E-Transfer is not a problem. I just purchased a Hobbit machine from a very nice gentlemen on Saturday and paid him that way. The machine did not leave his house until I paid and he received the transfer. However, as per above, I can not go to Vancouver to pick up this topper and I believe it is unreasonable for the seller to ask me to send him $2K US with absolutely no protection in place. I sell millions of dollars of merchandise every year using Paypal. Both parties are protected using this method and it is entirely why the platform was created.

#16237 3 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

The only possible way I can see this working with some for of protection is to get a retailer involved.
*****THIS IS PURELY AN EXAMPLE, ALL PARTIES INVOLVED WOULD HAVE TO AGREE*****
If he sells the topper to Nitro (possibly used as trade against future purchase) and then Nitro sells it to you. They are a business and reputable.
You will then have to incur taxes, as well as a profit to be made by the business involved, as nothing in life is free.
If this offers you protection, maybe try to see if they are willing to do it.
Just remember, it comes at a cost and this is only an example of something that may OR MAY NOT be possible.

I own a retail store that has been in business for 13 years that is known nationwide.
I offered to have him ship there. He refused.

#16238 3 years ago

I own a retail store that has been in business for 13 years that is known nationwide.

Name ONE thing that gets shipped, THEN the buyer pays??

Time to build trust, ask around. We’re all pretty much great around where and have had to make that question about reputation, I’ve asked about guys in Ontario, I paid, they sent.
I’ve sold to Alberta, I’ve sold to Saskatchewan. Build it, they will come.

#16239 3 years ago

As a retailer, have you ever shipped something to a new, unknown customer without payment?

Unfortuately paypal doesnt hold much value on here, iys not going to win any arguments.

#16240 3 years ago

Anyway, as even you pointed out, PayPal has its flaws. The seller didn't want to go that route, pm the seller to find another option or simply walk away.

#16241 3 years ago

At this point, I think enough has been said about the trust a lot of us have in eachother. If it isn't enough for you, then maybe walk away from the deal. Arguing about it will only make things more tense and less amicable.

If you dont want to take the suggestions from us, thats fine, it is your choice to do what you choose.

I even offered a potential solution to mitigate with some protection, if those involved are willing to oblige.

No need to drag this out anymore.

Take a step back, think about your options, and do what makes you feel comfortable.

I cant say anything else.

#16242 3 years ago

Guys, I completely agree that the item should not be shipped without payment. That would be simply ludicrous. The only reason I suggested it was to illustrate how ludicrous it would be to ask for payment without any protections in place for the buyer. I simply will not do it. The discussion was over. It should have ended there. There was no need to drag this into the forums and I do not understand why wcbrandes felt the need to.

I have to say, I rather envy this communities faith in each other and reputation.
It simply does not exist in the "real world".
Unfortunately, someone on here is eventually going to get burned BIG time and maybe then you will appreciate my perspective on the matter.

At this time, I don't even want the topper anymore as this whole experience has completely turned me off of it...

#16243 3 years ago

Guys, I completely agree that the item should not be shipped without payment. That would be simply ludicrous. The only reason I suggested it was to illustrate how ludicrous it would be to ask for payment without any protections in place for the buyer. I simply will not do it. The discussion was over. It should have ended there. There was no need to drag this into the forums and I do not understand why wcbrandes felt the need to.
I have to say, I rather envy this communities faith in each other and reputation.
Unfortunately, someone on here is eventually going to get burned BIG time and maybe then you will appreciate my perspective on the matter.
At this time, I don't even want the topper anymore as this whole experience has completely turned me off of it...

People have been burned before. Some more than others. This is why we reference check.

This is not "the real world" It is a TINY spec of a TINY hobby in a TINY population. That counts for something.

Hopefully you don't feel ganged up on, it was never my intention (or others Im sure).

If local suits you best, you arent alone, and should not be upset about it.

#16244 3 years ago

People get burned all the time, endlessly people try and scam and not pay. That is exactly why he mentioned it and the situation would ring alarm bells for pretty much everyone here. You coming into a group fairly new and trying to dictate how things should be. Instead of telling the experienced people how it should be, take advantage of the experience of the guys that have been around. In the pinball world if you bring up paypal people are going to be suspicious.

#16245 3 years ago

I would never even consider buying a used machine sight unseen, so I will be buying those local.
I didn't think buying a topper would be this dramatic.

I'm not upset, but honestly, making fun of a new member by posting videos attacking their integrity is a pretty pathetic way in welcoming new members...
(Maybe that is why this community is so TINY.)

#16246 3 years ago

I would never even consider buying a used machine sight unseen, so I will be buying those local.
I didn't think buying a topper would be this dramatic.
I'm not upset, but honestly, making fun of a new member by posting videos attacking their integrity is a pretty pathetic way in welcoming new members...
(Maybe that is why this community is so TINY.)

The videos are not an attack on you and no one is making fun of you. Everyone is trying to help you out, maybe you made the mistake and not all of us. It's an honest mistake for someone new.

#16247 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

People get burned all the time, endlessly people try and scam and not pay. That is exactly why he mentioned it and the situation would ring alarm bells for pretty much everyone here. You coming into a group fairly new and trying to dictate how things should be. Instead of telling the experienced people how it should be, take advantage of the experience of the guys that have been around. In the pinball world if you bring up paypal people are going to be suspicious.

I did not dictate anything nor did I tell anyone how it should be.
From MY experience, anyone that refuses to use Paypal is an immediate red flag.
Anyone that wants an EMT upfront is an immediate scam.
I guess we just come from different "worlds".

#16248 3 years ago

I did not dictate anything nor did I tell anyone how it should be.
From MY experience, anyone that refuses to use Paypal is an immediate red flag.
Anyone that wants an EMT upfront is an immediate scam.
I guess we just come from different "worlds".

How can you still not get that you came into the pinball culture and all cultures have different conventions. You are still dictating how it should be in this "world". I give up.

#16249 3 years ago

We're a bunch of Canadians with games in our basements. We have to work hard at building a reputation among the group to do business. It's just the way it is. I've shipped games across the country and it always takes a bit of trust.

#16250 3 years ago

People DO get burned, typically by people with no reputation or references...

There are 24,772 posts in this topic. You are on page 325 of 496.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-in-canada-have-any-pins-they-want-to-sell/page/325?hl=guard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.