(Topic ID: 76928)

Anybody in Canada have any pins they want to sell?

By Spencer

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,844 posts
  • 703 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by pingod
  • Topic is favorited by 432 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DumbnDumber (resized).jpg
111111 (resized).jpg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (resized).jpeg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (1) (resized).jpeg
L1000528 (resized).JPG
L1000531 edit (resized).jpg
L1000537 edit (resized).jpg
L1000539 edit (resized).jpg
L1000540 (resized).JPG
L1000542 (resized).JPG
L1000543 (resized).JPG
L1000544 edit (resized).jpg
L1000548 (resized).JPG
L1000549 (resized).JPG
L1000545 (resized).JPG
L1000526 (resized).JPG
There are 24,844 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 497.
#1551 9 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

So how have NIB prices been affected by the loonie drop? I was thinking about a TWD Premium this spring, but not if it's going to be $9K to the door now...
Anyone think the dollar slides to 70 cents? Good for sellers, bad for buyers...
Rob

No the loonie is pretty well bottomed out I think. All the bad news is failing to drop oil any lower (not for lack of trying) so this is just the worst time to buy. Keep it within Canada and Australia if you want to buy. My advice is save your walking dead dollars. More zombie shit is coming down the pipe.

#1552 9 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

So how have NIB prices been affected by the loonie drop? I was thinking about a TWD Premium this spring, but not if it's going to be $9K to the door now...
Anyone think the dollar slides to 70 cents? Good for sellers, bad for buyers...
Rob

VG has his TWDLE for sale right now.

#1553 9 years ago

anyone have a look at that STTNG on kijiji for 3600.00?
located in shushwap

#1554 9 years ago
Quoted from ls1chris:

anyone have a look at that STTNG on kijiji for 3600.00?
located in shushwap

I spoke to him this morning about some of his redemption games and a couple of his vids. His prices are very reasonable but its a long way to go. Still thinking of making the trip though. (since I cant find anything around here)

#1555 9 years ago

Spence , yea i just pm'd you the link about his redemption stuff.
shit i was in anglemont for 3 weeks this summer, staying just down the road, if i would have known then i would have loaded up.

#1556 9 years ago

Have a nice Frankenstein we maybe interested in trading....I did send you a email on KIJIJI

Quoted from robbiedoo:

Looking to possibly trade my JM... playfield is excellent, LEDs, cabinet a wee bit faded (it's no longer as red as it once was) - overall in very good shape. I like the game but I don't... I dunno, love it - if that makes sense. Just seeing what's out there for a straight trade.
I can take more pics for interested parties.

IMG_20150130_202140.jpg 271 KB

IMG_20150130_202338.jpg 325 KB

#1557 9 years ago

Off market.

#1558 9 years ago

Machine is off the market and is pending sale, looking to replace it in my lineup any of the following machines: Doctor Who, Fathom, Centaur, Flash Gordon

Quoted from pins4life33:

Looking to fund another machine have a Wheel of Fortune that is in good playing shape. 8.5 Backglass, 8.5 Playfield, 7.0 Cabinet, yes I am a tough critic especially when it sits beside my ACDC BIBLE... If you want to improve your overall game this is a great machine...
$3250.00 prefer local sale and pickup would like it gone by the weekend...
The machine has an LED kit installed, new flippers and super bands, superband post rubbers, modfather shooter, plastic and ramps all in good shape...
Yes the machine does work just forgot to turn it on when I took the pitcure, more pictures will go onto Kjijii tonight... Always try to sell to the pinside community first...
Ad is now up with more pictures if interested...
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-toys-games/strathcona-county/wheel-of-fortune-pinball-machine/1038937659?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

IMG_0019.JPG 316 KB

IMG_0021.JPG 339 KB

IMG_0022.JPG 397 KB

IMG_0023.JPG 174 KB

#1559 9 years ago

What's your guys thoughts now about buying pins nib or from the USA with the cnd so low.

I wanted to buy wrestlemania LE but I just got a quote and I have to say no to it now

#1560 9 years ago

The weakness of our dollar has effectively killed any notion of buying anything NIB (well other than my MMRLE which I paid for last July) or used pins from the States for me at least. Shame....cause I see alot of titles I wouldn't mind going after but after figuring out exchange and then customs....just doesn't make it worth it at the moment.

#1561 9 years ago

We have no choice but to wait for dollar to come back close to par. The games aren't going anywhere. Buying a huo in a year will save you even more money too. Just be happy with what you have or buy local used pins in the meantime.

#1562 9 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

We have no choice but to wait for dollar to come back close to par. The games aren't going anywhere. Buying a huo in a year will save you even more money too. Just be happy with what you have or buy local used pins in the meantime.

Of course this requires patience...Not our strong suit!

#1563 9 years ago

Yes NIB LE purchases are going to be a tough sell in Canada right now due to the low dollar. If you are patient thou you can still get some good deals. I just got my Mustang LE for a little lower then what I bought my STLE and that was 12 months later. The chance you take is that they might sell out of LE's but everyone is in the same boat with these NIB's now until the dollar goes down. I have also made a pact I will not buy a NIB until the code is mature after the MET and STLE fiasco's...

Quoted from pinballophobe:

What's your guys thoughts now about buying pins nib or from the USA with the cnd so low.
I wanted to buy wrestlemania LE but I just got a quote and I have to say no to it now

#1564 9 years ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

Yes NIB LE purchases are going to be a tough sell in Canada right now due to the low dollar. If you are patient thou you can still get some good deals. I just got my Mustang LE for a little lower then what I bought my STLE and that was 12 months later. The chance you take is that they might sell out of LE's but everyone is in the same boat with these NIB's now until the dollar goes down. I have also made a pact I will not buy a NIB until the code is mature after the MET and STLE fiasco's...

Speaking of which......I'm looking for a Mustang Premium or LE if anyone is thinking of selling. TWD Premium or LE is on my want list too.

#1565 9 years ago

looking for an gnr mystery when lit/axl plastic and an wh20 left boulder if any of you Canadians have these kicking around and don't need them, txs

#1566 9 years ago

axl_decor_superieur.jpgaxl_decor_superieur.jpg

#1567 9 years ago

looking for an gnr mystery when lit/axl plastic and an wh20 left boulder if any of you Canadians have these kicking around and don't need them, txs

P'med

#1568 9 years ago
Quoted from violinfather:

My TWD LE is up for sale. Great condition except needs new Well Walker pants decal. Some minor wear under Bicycle Girl ramp. Stern fix is being sent to me. $7800. Has Bicycle Girl lighting mod however I will likely remove because LED keeps coming off the sticky backing. I would also consider trades. I am interested in AC/DC however would consider many other options including pins from the 90's.

Bump. Price now $7500.

#1569 9 years ago

7500cdn is a pretty good price for this considering the exchange rate.

#1570 9 years ago

7500cdn is a pretty good price for this considering the exchange rate.

Yes it is......but he won't ship. So for that reason, I'm out!

#1571 9 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

Yes it is......but he won't ship. So for that reason, I'm out!

Haha... dragon's den.

#1572 9 years ago

I prefer shark tank lol

#1573 9 years ago

Those show's are great, I don't miss an episode.

#1574 9 years ago

still hoping to find the left boulder for wh2o, the one where the mine is. anyone got one kicking around they can let go?

#1575 9 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

The weakness of our dollar has effectively killed any notion of buying anything NIB (well other than my MMRLE which I paid for last July) or used pins from the States for me at least. Shame....cause I see alot of titles I wouldn't mind going after but after figuring out exchange and then customs....just doesn't make it worth it at the moment.

Indeed. The one time when paying the full value in advance saved a pile of toonies. 20% extra for shipping I can live with for MMR.

#1576 9 years ago

WTB: Been trying to track down a nice 8 Ball Deluxe Standard Edition.

#1577 9 years ago

Figured I would post in here too as people may not check other threads

WTB - 7 Digit numeric display for a millionaire.

I think its standard center nipple but i will confirm when i get home. I'm sure i can drill a hole regardless since its on the botton of the board, don't think there are any traces there. either way i am hoping someone has one before I hit up MAD when they get some in stock.

Thanks,

#1578 9 years ago

Apollo 13 for sale. Players machine. Pinsiders discount: $300. See kijiji for more pictures and description.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-toys-games/regina/sega-apollo-13-pinball-machine/1050284120?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

apollo13JPG.JPGapollo13JPG.JPG

#1579 9 years ago

WOF is sold to a new pinball family!!!! Cash in hand to buy one of these machines on this list!!!!

Quoted from pins4life33:

Machine is off the market and is pending sale, looking to replace it in my lineup any of the following machines: Doctor Who, Fathom, Centaur, Flash Gordon

#1580 9 years ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

WOF is sold to a new pinball family!!!! Cash in hand to buy one of these machines on this list!!!!

Congrats, I sure would like to see/play/own a Fathom some day.

#1581 9 years ago

I have a Bally City Slicker for sale in Ottawa. PM for price and pics if interested.

#1582 9 years ago

Looking to buy a set of Mario Kart Arcade GP DX for my gameroom. Please let me know if anyone has leads.

Thanks mariokart.jpgmariokart.jpg

#1583 9 years ago

Wrong forum

#1585 9 years ago
Quoted from marlboroman:

Looking to buy a set of Mario Kart Arcade GP DX for my gameroom. Please let me know if anyone has leads.
Thanks

mariokart.jpg 69 KB

I thought GAP had a pair of these posted for sale recently; can't comment on price or how reasonable shipping or picking them up would be, but FWIW...

I thought they looked cool.

#1586 9 years ago

4200usd for the pair plus exchange plus 12% at the border U.S. maybe $500 shipping.

#1587 9 years ago

hey thanks - this is my ad

Pinside users can PM me here as well if they're interested

#1588 9 years ago

Thanks Guys for the leads but looking for the DX version.

Are you kidding me?!

#1589 9 years ago

Pretty sure it was a joke, hence the smiley.

#1590 9 years ago

Lets all get mad at each other like every other forum.

#1591 9 years ago

In case there's anyone out there who doesn't know Bob from Red Deer yet, I bought a CFTBL off him and had to replace basically everything on the playfield. All the plastics looked like someone had gone at the machine with a hammer. Scorch marks on the playfield and some warped parts where the ball ejects from ramps.

Plus no creature hologram. It was "Marked down" to 3200, but really should have been 2500 max. And I hate getting the machine with no hologram because I have no idea if he just took it out and sold it separately. But I'm sure it just went black and got thrown out, as is common.

He warned me it wasn't cleaned or shopped at all and the middle ramp had been glued. But literally everything needed replacing. Fortunately I bought it expecting a project machine (having heard stories of Bob) so I was happy to rescue it from him. And the game plays great so my friends and I love it.

Cabinet is in good condition so it looks great in my collection. No regrets for me, just want to give another heads up about Red Deer, make sure you see and test the machines there before buying.

#1592 9 years ago
Quoted from marlboroman:

Thanks Guys for the leads but looking for the DX version.

Are you kidding me?!

Yep,kidding

#1593 9 years ago

Hi Guys! Long time reader, first time writer... I need a new pin! I have a really nice STTNG and an impeccable LOTR (thanks Al!). There's room for one more, and the wife says 'go ahead'... I need to strike while the iron is hot. I've been spoiled by these two great machines, so I'm looking for something equally as nice. I'm not fixed on anything in particular, but something from the top 20 would be preferred (AFM & IJ would be near the top). Any thoughts/offers would be appreciated!

BTW... great forum! So many helpful people... I've had to make a few tweaks to my pins and the info on this site has been invaluable. Thanks again!

#1594 9 years ago
Quoted from NEOphyte:

Hi Guys! Long time reader, first time writer... I need a new pin! I have a really nice STTNG and an impeccable LOTR (thanks Al!). There's room for one more, and the wife says 'go ahead'... I need to strike while the iron is hot. I've been spoiled by these two great machines, so I'm looking for something equally as nice. I'm not fixed on anything in particular, but something from the top 20 would be preferred (AFM & IJ would be near the top). Any thoughts/offers would be appreciated!
BTW... great forum! So many helpful people... I've had to make a few tweaks to my pins and the info on this site has been invaluable. Thanks again!

PM sent

#1595 9 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

In case there's anyone out there who doesn't know Bob from Red Deer yet, I bought a CFTBL off him and had to replace basically everything on the playfield. All the plastics looked like someone had gone at the machine with a hammer. Scorch marks on the playfield and some warped parts where the ball ejects from ramps.
Plus no creature hologram. It was "Marked down" to 3200, but really should have been 2500 max. And I hate getting the machine with no hologram because I have no idea if he just took it out and sold it separately. But I'm sure it just went black and got thrown out, as is common.
He warned me it wasn't cleaned or shopped at all and the middle ramp had been glued. But literally everything needed replacing. Fortunately I bought it expecting a project machine (having heard stories of Bob) so I was happy to rescue it from him. And the game plays great so my friends and I love it.
Cabinet is in good condition so it looks great in my collection. No regrets for me, just want to give another heads up about Red Deer, make sure you see and test the machines there before buying.

I hope its not the one he had previously traded to someone else who quickly returned it. That one was a re-import and everything had rust on it. Plus there was flipper wear on the playfield, right side flipper. Cabinet wasn't bad but the head, especially the left side was horribly touched ( painted, lol ) up.

The most important thing is your happy! The one I saw, needed easy $2500-3000 worth of work and had no idea if the hologram was working or not.

Id buy from him but Id inspect it with a fine tooth comb first. I actually attempted to make a purchase of a Mrs Pacman, things started great and then he just stop replying?!? Oh well, I bought something else instead.

#1596 9 years ago
Quoted from blowback1976:

I'll post this here as well. I have a Barb Wire pinball machine available.
Looking to trade for one of the following Sega pinball machines:
Starship Troopers (working or not)
X Files (working or not)
Jurassic Park: Lost World
Goldeneye
South Park
Independence Day
Only open to trades, not looking to sell.

I couldn't convince the guys I know with South Park or Golden Eye to sell/trade for this. I would like to have it if the price is right. If anyone can work out a trade to get it, Ill buy it from you.

#1597 9 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

In case there's anyone out there who doesn't know Bob from Red Deer yet,

I've purchased from him - as long as you know going in that he's a business, and some (many) his machines are in players condition, then you're fine.

Bob's actually a really nice guy, and if you hate what you end up with he'll let you come back and swap for something else.

As long as you're educated about what to expect & what you're getting, and you can deal with paying more because he's a business and not a hobbyist, I would say you're fine dealing with him (which seems to be the general consensus!)

Post edited by robbiedoo: Accidentally re-quoted a quote!

#1598 9 years ago
Quoted from robbiedoo:

As long as you're educated about what to expect & what you're getting

so... we should be okay he takes advantage of people trying to get into the hobby and leaves a sour taste in their mouth because they have literally no way to know what to expect? Trust me, i've seen how he describes his machines, they are to swindle the uneducated, not most of us.

Gimme a break....

#1599 9 years ago
Quoted from robbiedoo:

I've purchased from him - as long as you know going in that he's a business, and some (many) his machines are in players condition, then you're fine.
Bob's actually a really nice guy, and if you hate what you end up with he'll let you come back and swap for something else.
As long as you're educated about what to expect & what you're getting, and you can deal with paying more because he's a business and not a hobbyist, I would say you're fine dealing with him (which seems to be the general consensus!)

Your quote is totally wrong. I didn't say that, I have no problem calling a spade a spade but I have no dog in this fight. Another user said that, please make the change.

#1600 9 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

I hope its not the one he had previously traded to someone else who quickly returned it. That one was a re-import and everything had rust on it. Plus there was flipper wear on the playfield, right side flipper. Cabinet wasn't bad but the head, especially the left side was horribly touched ( painted, lol ) up.
The most important thing is your happy! The one I saw, needed easy $2500-3000 worth of work and had no idea if the hologram was working or not.
Id buy from him but Id inspect it with a fine tooth comb first. I actually attempted to make a purchase of a Mrs Pacman, things started great and then he just stop replying?!? Oh well, I bought something else instead.

Yes, that is the one. I dealt with the rust by soaking the screws and nuts in CLR, replaced some that wouldn't be salvaged. new ramps plastics and rubbers. Full flipper replacement. Will be polishing the playfield and replacing Mylar in due time. Fully LED and have mikes hologram mod on the way. Ordered the ramps from Australian pinball parts so got a really good price. I would say in the end I will have $3200 in purchase price plus $1500ish in shipping and replacement parts including hologram and tv screen. That leaves me $1000 to grab a replacement playfield down the line and you'll be on target with your $2500 estimate to repair. Gives me a $5700 fully restored cftbl... A little steep but I also paid 5k for my shadow getting it from the states with shipping and exchange etc. (great condition). So yeah he had no problem ripping me off but as I said I had a feeling it was coming and wanted a project machine for the satisfaction of fixing it anyway.

There are 24,844 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 497.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-in-canada-have-any-pins-they-want-to-sell/page/32 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.