(Topic ID: 76928)

Anybody in Canada have any pins they want to sell?

By Spencer

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,839 posts
  • 703 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by Eagles77
  • Topic is favorited by 432 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DumbnDumber (resized).jpg
111111 (resized).jpg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (resized).jpeg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (1) (resized).jpeg
L1000528 (resized).JPG
L1000531 edit (resized).jpg
L1000537 edit (resized).jpg
L1000539 edit (resized).jpg
L1000540 (resized).JPG
L1000542 (resized).JPG
L1000543 (resized).JPG
L1000544 edit (resized).jpg
L1000548 (resized).JPG
L1000549 (resized).JPG
L1000545 (resized).JPG
L1000526 (resized).JPG
There are 24,839 posts in this topic. You are on page 308 of 497.
#15351 3 years ago

rock rock rockin rollergames
rock rock rockin rollergames

ahhhhhhhh! (great game tho!)

#15352 3 years ago

Hi,a buddy of mine who isn’t on here is in the market to buy a pinball machine,looking for something in pretty nice condition, anything from 90’s till now ,he wants to spend up to 7000.00$.I told him I would ask around for him.Would be ok to get one shipped from another province for the right game.Send a PM or post or repost on here if you still have pins for sale.Thanks

#15353 3 years ago
Quoted from jms121:

Hi,a buddy of mine who isn’t on here is in the market to buy a pinball machine,looking for something in pretty nice condition, anything from 90’s till now ,he wants to spend up to 7000.00$.I told him I would ask around for him.Would be ok to get one shipped from another province for the right game.Send a PM or post or repost on here if you still have pins for sale.Thanks

There's a walking dead on Facebook for 6500. Been posted for a while. Could probably get it even cheaper. It's in Edmonton. $2500 Police Force Beau in cold lake has also.

#15354 3 years ago

Stranger Things Pro
7800 cash but more interested in working out a trade for one of the following: JP pro, deadpool pro, met pro, twd pro or tmnt pro.

Ontario only, no shipping, details and pics on pin rev
http://www.pinballrevolution.com/threads/stranger-things-pro.10534/

Added over 3 years ago:

Sold - ppu!

#15355 3 years ago

Some good news for Canadian collectors, US dollar below $1.29 today. Let's get back to par!

#15356 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Some good news for Canadian collectors, US dollar below $1.29 today. Let's get back to par!

It's good news if anything will cross the border. I ordered a bunch of parts during black Friday from Marco and Titan. Titan has informed me they're being held hostage at the border. Can't wait to find out home much it's going to cost me to get this shit released.

#15357 3 years ago

In some other crazy news, I got a mod shipment from US with frickin’ UPS this week. And it’s the first time in years, years, that I didn’t get a brokerage fee or fuck all. I couldn’t believe it.

I would have saved probably almost a couple G’s CAD on my NIB pin I bought in spring with this dollar exchange

#15358 3 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

In some other crazy news, I got a mod shipment from US with frickin’ UPS this week. And it’s the first time in years, years, that I didn’t get a brokerage fee or fuck all. I couldn’t believe it.
I would have saved probably almost a couple G’s CAD on my NIB pin I bought in spring with this dollar exchange

Wow, that is shocking. UPS brokerage fees are nothing but bullshit. They must have just forgot or someone pushed the wrong button on their computer. I'm sure you'll get a bill a couple years down the road.

#15359 3 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

I'm sure you'll get a bill a couple years down the road.

I've definitely received a bill a month or two later.

#15360 3 years ago

My Marco order (sent usps and then Canada Post) hit Montreal on the 2nd, and then stayed there for a full day in the "item has arrived in Canada and will be presented for review" stage. After 24 hours it was processed and on its way. So I'm not sure if it sat for 24 hours due to a logjam of parcels coming in, or if I will be hit with duty fees. It was packaged to resemble a Christmas gift, was marked as gift, and was sent from a friend's home address, but we did declare its value in case we needed for insurance purposes. I should get it middle of next week and find out.

#15361 3 years ago
Quoted from sixtyfourbits:

My Marco order (sent usps and then Canada Post) hit Montreal on the 2nd, and then stayed there for a full day in the "item has arrived in Canada and will be presented for review" stage.

Too funny...mine (also via USPS/Canada Post) hit Montreal on the 2nd also and is still showing as held. I guess I drew the short straw!

#15362 3 years ago

My daughter ordered a hoodie from a site in the UK. Hoodie cost $54; delivery $11. Then she gets a bill for $33 for duty/HST/Customs fee/Etc to get it released. Scam.

#15363 3 years ago

How much are UPS brokerage fees usually? I recently ordered from Pinball Life via FedEx and the fee was $10 for brokerage which I didn't think was too bad.

Perhaps this is best case scenario?

#15364 3 years ago

Why don't these companies just use USPS?

#15365 3 years ago
Quoted from Cobra:

Why don't these companies just use USPS?

Because before the election a certain administration took actions to slow down the mail in an effort to sabotage the election. So USPS shipments were becoming unreliable and very slow. Hopefully things will improve in the near future.

#15366 3 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Because before the election a certain administration took actions to slow down the mail in an effort to sabotage the election. So USPS shipments were becoming unreliable and very slow. Hopefully things will improve in the near future.

ridiculous....USPS first class is faster and way cheaper then priority. I just had 2 toppers come USPS, fast, no GST or brokerage. This parts companies need to stop listening to the privileged left.

#15367 3 years ago
Quoted from algrande:

ridiculous....USPS first class is faster and way cheaper then priority. I just had 2 toppers come USPS, fast, no GST or brokerage. This parts companies need to stop listening to the privileged left.

Agreed. Usps and Purolator are killing it but fexed and ups can eat a d!ck

#15368 3 years ago
Quoted from Smack:

How much are UPS brokerage fees usually? I recently ordered from Pinball Life via FedEx and the fee was $10 for brokerage which I didn't think was too bad.
Perhaps this is best case scenario?

UPS brokerage fees are some of the highest in the industry. I paid $80 on a used $300 iPod. That was nearly 20 years ago. Yes, I'm still bitter about it.

#15369 3 years ago

Worst UPS brokerage happned to a buddy of minei when he bought new control arms for his car.

Thought he scored a deal with the US parts supplier being about 70% less than CAD retail.

$400 + tax CAD

He paid $120 USD; after exchange was about $160 CAD.

He got hit with HST (moot, as either would have), but he was slapped with $113 brokerage/duties.

Still saved a bit, but not the score he thought he made out with.

#15370 3 years ago

I had this happen to me as well recently....$500 order...nothing from UPS when they dropped it off.
Yesterday...one month later and bill from UPS shows up for $67.00
Surprisingly,the bill was mostly tax....UPS only charged $10 brokerage

#15371 3 years ago

I had DHL rape me once, then they had the audacity to send me a bill for more money a month later. First charge was over $100. Then they wanted 20 more.

I just threw the bill away along with any hope of accepting the company as my carrier for anything. Fuck ups (worst) and DHL (horrid).

FedEx and USPS have been fine. Purolator in Canada is the cat's meow.

#15372 3 years ago

I refused a package from ups driver because he wanted 85$ in fees.
Called the company and said i wanted the forms to broker it myself. Forms arrive,and they said, in bold letters, that i had 3 days to complete and deliver in person at customs office, or else my item would be sent back to the U S. Had to work so could not get there in time, so I thought that wa that. 3 weeks later ups calls and say they still had my package! I asked for a supervisor/ manager and freaked on him, and my package was delivered the next day, no fees.
I won’t order from a company that uses ups anymore.

#15373 3 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

UPS brokerage fees are some of the highest in the industry. I paid $80 on a used $300 iPod. That was nearly 20 years ago. Yes, I'm still bitter about it.

That seems insane but perhaps the import rules were different back then. Seems now there is no duty on most items coming from the US but there is GST + PST (or HST) applied. At least that is what this calculator is telling me.

https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/travel-voyage/dte-acl/est-cal-eng.html

Quoted from Malibu-SS:

Surprisingly,the bill was mostly tax....UPS only charged $10 brokerage

Thanks for the info. $10 doesn't seem too bad for convenience of not having to broker it yourself.

#15374 3 years ago

Ups and fedex will never have my business... bunch of thieves.....I prefer to pay more (wich is not the case) to encourage other options.

#15375 3 years ago
Quoted from tominator:

I refused a package from ups driver because he wanted 85$ in fees.

My best was a $26 US item where they wanted $360 Cdn in fees. The driver was mad that I rejected it as it made his life difficult. No good experiences with UPS in this or any of my other hobbies that involve shipments coming in from US.

#15376 3 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

Ups and fedex will never have my business... bunch of thieves.....I prefer to pay more (wich is not the case) to encourage other options.

A couple times I didn't know it was UPS, especially the time I chose usps shipping from Stern, and they sent it UPS, I emailed and refused it before it even came. I do whatever I can to avoid UPS from US like the plague (covid)

UPS in canada to canada is actually awesome fast and reasonable

Quoted from TDK-WPG:

My best was a $26 US item where they wanted $360 Cdn in fees. The driver was mad that I rejected it as it made his life difficult. No good experiences with UPS in this or any of my other hobbies that involve shipments coming in from US.

UNREAL!!!

#15377 3 years ago

Got nailed with the UPS brokerage fees after fighting on the phone trying to get someone to explain all the extra charges I paid the bill 2 days before package arrived.
The driver gets to the door and won't give me the package that was paid for,so made him call into the company to confirm payment. 45 minutes he was at my door step till he got the info, dropped the package off and then called the credit card company and charged it back!
Haven't heard from then since.
UPS sucks... guessing they use brown as a company color to reflect the crap service.
Told the company it was shipped from and he no longer uses them

#15378 3 years ago

After continuing to hear about some of the ridiculous fee's charged ....Nitro has decided to expand our parts inventory for Canada. Although, we intended to focus largely on modern era ....we'll still bring in less common stock if requested.

Please msg. us or send email to [email protected]

Let us know what you need.

#15379 3 years ago

Good to hear Tommy,

I'll give you a list next time I'm looking for a bulk shipment.
The parts I just got off you are good for a bit

#15380 3 years ago
Quoted from FlipperFreak:

After continuing to hear about some of the ridiculous fee's charged ....Nitro has decided to expand our parts inventory for Canada. Although, we intended to focus largely on modern era ....we'll still bring in less common stock if requested.

Fuckin' eh.

I've also heard that your doing Canada shipping for $14.99 up to $250, and free shipping in canada over $250!! Sweet

#15381 3 years ago

I got a cheque a few years back from a class action lawsuit against UPS for their excess fees. That was a nice surprise.

https://www.siskinds.com/class-action/ups/

#15382 3 years ago

Fuckin' eh.
I've also heard that your doing Canada shipping for $14.99 up to $250, and free shipping in canada over $250!! Sweet

Haha your funny.

#15383 3 years ago
Quoted from Smack:

That seems insane...

You could've stopped right there. It was insane. I've avoided UPS ever since. I'm actually in Logistics now so they can stick it up their arses.

#15384 3 years ago

Does anyone here know the Sheldon in Calgary who is selling a xmen pro? I’m interested in it, but thought I’d ask for a reference check before I move too far forward with it. First impressions are that He seems like a nice person though.
Feel free to pm me if you’d rather not post here.

#15385 3 years ago

How does this work? Don't you still get charged duty, etc? Can you bring in other stuff like toppers, side blades, etc? Have a bunch of stuff I like to order but waiting for the border to reopen so I can pick it up on the US side and avoid a lot of these charges. Thanks for the help.

#15386 3 years ago

Anyone know the Beau that has the Police Force for sale? Or are you on here?
By buddy is looking into getting his first pin and PF is a nice starter pin to begin with.

#15387 3 years ago

By buddy is looking into getting his first pin and PF is a nice starter pin to begin with.

I bought a dark knight off of him earlier this year, was a straight up guy and easy to do business with. I thought about buying that one off oh him as well, but I'm out of space

#15388 3 years ago

Looking for Medieval Madness remake, ok to ship. Only looking for nice home used machine, not interested in new in box. Not looking for Royal edition.

Thanks!

#15389 3 years ago

Does anyone here know the Sheldon in Calgary who is selling a xmen pro? I’m interested in it, but thought I’d ask for a reference check before I move too far forward with it. First impressions are that He seems like a nice person though.

Sheldon is very involved in the pinball community here in Calgary. A great guy and super genuine. I would buy with confidence. His IFPA ranking is pretty good too...a seriously good player.

#15390 3 years ago

It was $2500 a few months back so I'm pretty sure it can be bought for that price.

He's not on here. He's more of a arcade guy but seemed like a good dude when I met him.

#15391 3 years ago

Great guy, easy to deal with.
Very active in our local pinball leagues here.

#15392 3 years ago

Flintstones is SOLD. Oh wait I didn't advertise that one yet, lol.
HUO Game of Thrones pro for sale next. 7000.00

#15393 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

How does this work? Don't you still get charged duty, etc? Can you bring in other stuff like toppers, side blades, etc? Have a bunch of stuff I like to order but waiting for the border to reopen so I can pick it up on the US side and avoid a lot of these charges. Thanks for the help.

No duty. We can bring in whatever you need for your game. Here's a link to toppers, art blades, side armour etc. currently in stock:

https://nitropinball.com/collections/stern-shop

#15394 3 years ago

No duty. We can bring in whatever you need for your game. Here's a link to toppers, art blades, side armour etc. currently in stock:

Good to know. Didn't realize you carried other stuff besides the machines.

#15395 3 years ago

I just wish the Black Knight SOR topper was on the list...

#15396 3 years ago

Doing a temp trade instead.

#15397 3 years ago

Game of Thrones Kijiji ad link.
It looks like brand new.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1539735089

#15398 3 years ago

What's a price check on a clean Rocky & Bullwinkle?

#15399 3 years ago
Quoted from trueno92:

What's a price check on a clean Rocky & Bullwinkle?

4k tops

#15400 3 years ago

Deadpool Pro sold to an extremely nice fellow Pinsider from Saskatchewan.

As a newbie to the hobby, I want to add that everyone I’ve dealt with in the Canadian pinball community has been incredibly nice and super helpful. It has made this shitty year a little bit more tolerable.

Thanks everyone!

There are 24,839 posts in this topic. You are on page 308 of 497.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-in-canada-have-any-pins-they-want-to-sell/page/308?hl=sixtyfourbits and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.