(Topic ID: 76928)

Anybody in Canada have any pins they want to sell?

By Spencer

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,839 posts
  • 703 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by Eagles77
  • Topic is favorited by 432 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DumbnDumber (resized).jpg
111111 (resized).jpg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (resized).jpeg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (1) (resized).jpeg
L1000528 (resized).JPG
L1000531 edit (resized).jpg
L1000537 edit (resized).jpg
L1000539 edit (resized).jpg
L1000540 (resized).JPG
L1000542 (resized).JPG
L1000543 (resized).JPG
L1000544 edit (resized).jpg
L1000548 (resized).JPG
L1000549 (resized).JPG
L1000545 (resized).JPG
L1000526 (resized).JPG
There are 24,839 posts in this topic. You are on page 291 of 497.
#14501 3 years ago
Quoted from Twilight1:

I’m going to be shipping a game to Toronto. To pinsider pinwiz69 he wants to do a business paypal transaction. I’m wondering If anyone can anyone Vouch for him here thanks. Tim

Looks like he has zero activity here besides signing up. Always leary of PayPal. Just my 2 cents Tim

#14502 3 years ago
Quoted from Twilight1:

paypal transaction

To easy to be burned by Paypal, I would go direct bank transfer. No offence to your buyer, but months later transactions could be disputed and you will be fighting to get money back !
Sorry just a little bitter as this happened to me and Paypal will not help you at all
GLWS Tim

#14503 3 years ago
Quoted from Twilight1:

I’m going to be shipping a game to Toronto. To pinsider pinwiz69 he wants to do a business paypal transaction. I’m wondering If anyone can anyone Vouch for him here thanks. Tim

Toronto has a pretty close-knit community. I personally don’t think I know him, but if he has done business with others here, ask him who, and I’m sure they can provide some sort of worthiness check, if he deserves it.
Though you might also consider having him send you e-transfers for a few days instead?

#14504 3 years ago

There’s zero reason to use PayPal for a sale within Canada. E transfer only. If he insists on PayPal then walk away.

#14505 3 years ago
Quoted from coinsnpins:

You do realize it's possible that I'm not planning to go across the border right now? Yes?
This is just a general question for the future.

In Ontario, you pay 13% based on the invoice price you have paid. If you stay over 48 hours, you can deduct $800US from the purchase price.

#14506 3 years ago
Quoted from Twilight1:

You can ship the game to my place and once you get paid in full, he can pick it up. Can't you make sure you get paid in full before you ship the game? There is no risk at your end. When I bought two games recently from out west, I paid the sellers in full before they shipped the game.

#14507 3 years ago
Quoted from luch:

putting my Jersey Jack Pirates Limited # 0038 up for sale , mint condition with 119 lifetime plays , 18k Canadian , with free shipping within Canada * pm for details . https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/101864

Seems like a great price for a rare game. The low plays is amazing!

#14508 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

You can ship the game to my place and once you get paid in full, he can pick it up. Can't you make sure you get paid in full before you ship the game? There is no risk at your end. When I bought two games recently from out west, I paid the sellers in full before they shipped the game.

He said he would pay in full that’s not the problem. But he wants to do business PayPal for the transaction. I suggested etransfer but he wants to do PayPal he says we are both protected that way.

#14509 3 years ago
Quoted from Twilight1:

He said he would pay in full that’s not the problem. But he wants to do business PayPal for the transaction. I suggested etransfer but he wants to do PayPal he says we are both protected that way.

I have done PayPal before. If you must do PayPal DO NOT go with business. Go with friends and family.

As others mentioned going PayPal business can screw you if buyer tries to get his money back. You will also be paying a pretty hefty fee.

I have done PayPal before (rarely) but it has always been through F&F.

I suspect if he is legit the reason he wants to use PayPal might be because he can use a credit card to pay instead of cash which you can't do by etransfer.

#14510 3 years ago
Quoted from Twilight1:

I wouldn't trust PayPal. The buyer runs the show and the seller is the only one at risk of getting screwed. F-that! E-Transfer only.

#14511 3 years ago

I've only bought one game that I didn't pick up in person, and I paid using e-transfer. I had to do three e-transfers over three days due to having a $2000 daily cap, but the seller and I both had no problem with that. There's no fees, and its the safest route for the seller. As the buyer, I just made sure to do my due diligence with the seller, though that was easy as I had several other pinsiders message me and vouche for him.
Overall, I couldn't have asked for a better experience for my first time buying a game remotely. Thanks again derekbro .
Hopefully you guys can work out a deal that everyone feels safe with. I just thought I'd chime in that I went the route as a buyer who sent e-transfer, and everything worked out nicely.

#14512 3 years ago
Quoted from Twilight1:

Paypal will protect him as the buyer, will do next to nothing to protect you as the seller. Something goes wrong in shipping, the buyer thinks you misled him on something, he will have all the power, you will be boned.

#14513 3 years ago

Thanks for all reply’s. Dont want to fill this thread with pins not for sale. Thats all I need to many red flags. And no one Spoke up and his behalf. If he won’t send etransfer I’m out.
Thanks again Tim

#14514 3 years ago

Good call, if a buyer won’t do en etransfer for a Canada - Canada sale.......then they aren’t a buyer.

#14515 3 years ago

Just wanted to give a shoutout to wolffcub who picked up a game from me yesterday. Great buyer, on time, super easy transaction, and fun to chat with! Also be sure to check out his insanely awesome and detailed playfield artwork recreation/restoration on a Stern Dragonfist playfield. It blew me away! https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dragonfist-restore-and-facelift

#14516 3 years ago

De star wars is now sold!

Flash Gordon is still available

#14517 3 years ago

Sorry, not pinball related, but I can't even find these online, let alone locally in any store. I'm looking to find Bigs Simply Salted Pumpkin seeds. Anyone that can find and ship me some bags by expresspost, I'll gladly pay for them by paypal. No, I don't want spitz brand...

Rob

#14518 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

...I'll gladly pay for them by paypal.
Rob

Seems fishy...better demand e-transfer everyone

#14519 3 years ago
Quoted from Aquapin:

Seems fishy...better demand e-transfer everyone

shush!

Rob

#14520 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Sorry, not pinball related, but I can't even find these online, let alone locally in any store. I'm looking to find Bigs Simply Salted Pumpkin seeds. Anyone that can find and ship me some bags by expresspost, I'll gladly pay for them by paypal. No, I don't want spitz brand...
Rob

Seriously? I think they have them at Walmart, of all places...lol

#14521 3 years ago

Just repeating as it’s important. Paypal protects buyer 100% and zero protection for seller. Therefore as a seller you cannot allow paypal payment. There are many threads that will attest to this some where buyer has been fully refunded and even kept the pin.

#14522 3 years ago

A beautiful The Shadow up for sale or will consider trades ...

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
Partially restored (almost original) - “PRICE DROP ... $4750 USD/ $6100 CAD. The Shadow features include: - Nothing to fix/repair/replace ... mechanically or cosmetically ... plug it in and play - Playfield in amazing ...”
2020-09-05
Milton, ON
Archived after: 27 days
Viewed: 772 times
Contributed to Pinside

#14523 3 years ago
Quoted from spinal:

Just repeating as it’s important. Paypal protects buyer 100% and zero protection for seller. Therefore as a seller you cannot allow paypal payment. There are many threads that will attest to this some where buyer has been fully refunded and even kept the pin.

EMT offers the seller 100% protection and the buyer zero. At some point there has to be a leap of faith taken or due diligence with referrals you trust one way or the other.

I’m of the opinion that if the shoe was on the other foot and there was someone here asking for info about an unknown seller people would be saying only use PayPal and that any seller that doesn’t take PayPal is a serious red flag so walk away.

#14524 3 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-in-canada-have-any-pins-they-want-to-sell/page/291#post-5835376

Fantastic looking game from chaz009, if I ever find the time to do my Shadow, I'll improve things along that way! Beautiful job on those metal parts, wow! And it's a great, fun game!

#14525 3 years ago

Thanks so much man! It’s a beauty and even more fun to play.

#14526 3 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Seriously? I think they have them at Walmart, of all places...lol

Not here and not online.

Rob

#14527 3 years ago

For Trade: Star Trek Pro. HUO. 2016 manufacture. Shaker motor.

Mostly interested in trades for other modern pins, +/- cash as needed. Top of list would be JP, IM, and Aerosmith. Would also consider GB, DP, Baywatch, Monopoly or HS2.

#14528 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Not here and not online.
Rob

Then they are out of stock.. If I see some, I'll send you a bag gratis!

#14529 3 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

Just wanted to give a shoutout to wolffcub who picked up a game from me yesterday. Great buyer, on time, super easy transaction, and fun to chat with! Also be sure to check out his insanely awesome and detailed playfield artwork recreation/restoration on a Stern Dragonfist playfield. It blew me away! https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dragonfist-restore-and-facelift

It was great dealing with you. Machine is mint. Next time in Edmonton drop in.

#14530 3 years ago

I know it's not a pin but I'm thinking of selling my Run2DMD animated clock.

Send me a PM if you're interested or have any questions. Cheers!

#14531 3 years ago

Twilight Zone, colour dmd, new clock board, full Cliffys, full plastic protectors, all plastics are perfect, new titan rubbers, Leds, mirror blades, all new Chestnut chrome including legs, bolts, hinges, side rails, lockbar, back glass channels and coin door, p/f 9.5 cab 9 plays perfect. looking for part trades Iron Maiden, Deadpool, Kiss or $10,600 FIRM.

#14532 3 years ago
Quoted from misfitdart:

Twilight Zone, colour dmd, new clock board, full Cliffys, full plastic protectors, all plastics are perfect, new titan rubbers, Leds, mirror blades, all new Chestnut chrome including legs, bolts, hinges, side rails, lockbar, back glass channels and coin door, p/f 9.5 cab 9 plays perfect. looking for part trades Iron Maiden, Deadpool, Kiss or $10,600 FIRM.

This TZ is really nice people

#14533 3 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinballer:

I have a Mr. & Mrs. Pac Man for sale in Ottawa - recent full teardown shop job, all mechs serviced and cleaned or parts replaced, new LED pac-maze board, sound board re-capped, new drop targets, new flipper bats, new pop bumper caps (generic) comes with two uninstalled original undamaged pacman pop bumper caps that are very hard to find not broken. $2,500 Can ship nationwide at buyer's expense. Send PM for pics.

Game is SOLD

#14534 3 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

I know it's not a pin but I'm thinking of selling my Run2DMD animated clock.
Send me a PM if you're interested or have any questions. Cheers!

Sold pending payment!

Added over 4 years ago:

Sold!

#14535 3 years ago

If anyone’s looking to raise some funds to buy an avengers (2020 or 2012, your pick) and wants to sell one of the following games, feel free to shoot me a message!
Guardians of the galaxy (pro or prem)
Lord of the rings (pro or LE)
Simpsons pinball party
Ghostbusters (pro or prem)

#14536 3 years ago

Looking for a Monster Bash SE or LE

#14537 3 years ago
Quoted from Lou-E-Gee:

Looking for a Monster Bash SE or LE

How about an original, with a new playfield installed.
Where are you located.

#14538 3 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

How about an original, with a new playfield installed.
Where are you located.

Sorry, looking for a remake. I'm in Ontario.

#14539 3 years ago

Hi all,

It is with a heavy heart that I am putting up my damn near flawless Medieval Madness remake pinball machine for sale. This was from the MMr Standard release put out by CGC. Manufacture date is Septemebr 22, 2017. Since purchasing, I have re-clear coated the playfield, installed the color chip ($300 US mod), installed a full set of Cliffys and Mantis protectors, installed Pin-stadium Fusions (which are $400 US - willing to sell separate but it adds so much to the game), installed a shaker motor, a few eye pleasing mods (Catapult, Dragon, Wizard, Swords on Flipper, Metal Castle Decal, and flipper button protectors), Shaker Motor, and last but not least, the limited edition Alternate back glass from Flyland Designs (I also have the original trans-light as well). Any questions please do not hesitate to contact. Want $12,500 obo. Not willing to move too much on this one. Thanks

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1522788187

#14540 3 years ago

BSD with new radcal decals (SP playfield) - $6400

Willing to prep and drop off at a D/R depot. Pics and mods listed in ad.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1522311070&siteLocale=en_CA

#14541 3 years ago
Quoted from Ripshill:

Hi all,
It is with a heavy heart .......

I'm curious. With a "heavy heart" you're selling your toy. How do you actually function on a day to day existence in the world as we know it?

QSS

#14542 3 years ago

It’s one of the things I’ll never understand that some people put in fs ads. Makes me cringe every time I see it.

Funny enough every time I see it it’s followed by an ask that imho is too high.

For example if someone put 2K of mods into a game not realizing that they don’t necessarily add value you might say this in an attempt to recoup your mod money.

Don’t hate. Just my opinion and also pet peeve.

#14543 3 years ago
Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

I'm curious. With a "heavy heart" you're selling your toy. How do you actually function on a day to day existence in the world as we know it?
QSS

I do not want to sell it all but I need the cash for home renovations. I am guessing further elaboration was needed.

#14544 3 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

It’s one of the things I’ll never understand that some people put in fs ads. Makes me cringe every time I see it.

I also hate when ads put things like "Very rare, sought after <insert very common C-list machine> pinball machine" or when they throw in over-the-top flowery language to try and sell to you.

#14545 3 years ago
Quoted from Ripshill:

I do not want to sell it all but I need the cash for home renovations. I am guessing further elaboration was needed.

You guess incorrectly.

You don’t need to tell people why you selling.

Just post the game, info about it and price or trades.

Also skip the heavy heart stuff.

#14546 3 years ago
Quoted from Ripshill:

Ignore the haters man. Lots of real tough guys in here lining up to buy cartoon super hero pins. lol.

#14547 3 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:Ignore the haters man. Lots of real tough guys in here lining up to buy cartoon super hero pins. lol.

#14548 3 years ago

TIL pinball purchasing decisions define a persons character. Who knew?

#14549 3 years ago

I'm adding TMNT pro to my wanted list now too. Though I'm guessing it makes most sense just to buy this one new still. But here's my updated wanted list:
Guardians of the galaxy (pro or prem)
Lord of the rings (pro or LE)
Simpsons pinball party
Ghostbusters (pro or prem)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (pro)

#14550 3 years ago

That's a very nice list indeed!

There are 24,839 posts in this topic. You are on page 291 of 497.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-in-canada-have-any-pins-they-want-to-sell/page/291?hl=soulstoner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.