(Topic ID: 76928)

Anybody in Canada have any pins they want to sell?

By Spencer

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DumbnDumber (resized).jpg
111111 (resized).jpg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (resized).jpeg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (1) (resized).jpeg
L1000528 (resized).JPG
L1000531 edit (resized).jpg
L1000537 edit (resized).jpg
L1000539 edit (resized).jpg
L1000540 (resized).JPG
L1000542 (resized).JPG
L1000543 (resized).JPG
L1000544 edit (resized).jpg
L1000548 (resized).JPG
L1000549 (resized).JPG
L1000545 (resized).JPG
L1000526 (resized).JPG
There are 24,843 posts in this topic. You are on page 286 of 497.
#14251 3 years ago
Quoted from aFineMoose:

I'm getting my first pin in a week. I seriously doubt it would have happened if places were open and I could have gone on location to play. Instead I needed to become obsessed with something else after an obsession with Covid news. My brain decided it was pinball. I wonder if anyone's like me and just fell into an obsession out of left field.

Welcome, its always nice to see more people in this neck of the woods. What is your first going to be? They breed like rabbits you'll blink and have a several.

#14252 3 years ago
Quoted from Stretch7:

Always been good or me ....I have only 3 experiences over the years but never an issue.
They always sent out in a timely matter.

Well, I can certainly expect delays with the current situation. My game isn't down so I don't mind waiting, but I have now asked them to confirm they actually sent the parts.

Rob

#14253 3 years ago
Quoted from aFineMoose:

I'm getting my first pin in a week. I seriously doubt it would have happened if places were open and I could have gone on location to play. Instead I needed to become obsessed with something else after an obsession with Covid news. My brain decided it was pinball. I wonder if anyone's like me and just fell into an obsession out of left field.

Lol, it's absolutely my case. I had to find something and remembered how I liked arcades, but always found pinballs unapproachable when I was younger. Anyway, COVID hits, we're not doing anything anymore my girlfriend and I, and we've just come back from our trip to Disneyland in February. I got to realize at Disney how much my girlfriend loved arcades. I never really knew this, mostly how she recalled Pac-Man was her 'escapism' when she was younger. So I surprised her with an original Namco Pac-Man, a great survivor barely retouched.

Then a colleague introduced me to a bunch of sites for pinballs, that's in March when I got my first pinball, Hulk LE. Underrated game maybe, but we both love it. After that came a GOT premium then The Shadow. Just got another arcade. Actively searching for a Tron, for whatever it's worth, it's my Grail right now. Took 6 months, lol.

#14254 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Welcome, its always nice to see more people in this neck of the woods. What is your first going to be? They breed like rabbits you'll blink and have a several.

So true, so true!!

#14255 3 years ago

I’m looking for a Bram stokers Dracula anywhere in Ontario, please let me know what you have

#14256 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Well, I can certainly expect delays with the current situation. My game isn't down so I don't mind waiting, but I have now asked them to confirm they actually sent the parts.
Rob

Chaz recently passed so I imagine their parts/customer service department will suffer for a bit

#14257 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

difficulty getting warranty parts

What kind of parts? Small items or like replacement playfields?

#14258 3 years ago

Back in Cowtown.

Thanks to Malibu-SS and Doozie for helping me with my Manitoba pinball ambitions.

#14259 3 years ago

Anyone have a Dialed In LE for sale?

PM me.

#14260 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

What kind of parts? Small items or like replacement playfields?

Small parts like a broken leaper and house plastic on EHOH. I was dealing with a new(?) guy named Pablo all this time. The last dealing I had with Chas was 5 or 6 years ago regarding a warped playfield.

Rob

#14261 3 years ago

Darscot I’m picking up a Shadow. I easily have room (but not money) for more. Maybe in the future I’ll start routing machines so I can have a rotating lineup in my apartment. I think that, but then I’ll probably just be rotating broken ones and I won’t get to play...

Saltimbanco how did you end up so all in so fast? You enjoying your Shadow? If I had an arcade machine I’d definitely go for Ms. Pac Man.

#14262 3 years ago

Saltimbanco I just recognized you. Was that The Shadow pin you were showing me?

#14263 3 years ago

How did you find a Shadow I’ve been searching for one forever. When your ready to mix it up let me know.

#14264 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

How did you find a Shadow I’ve been searching for one forever. When your ready to mix it up let me know.

Not that hard to find, here you go.

http://www.pinballrevolution.com/threads/bally-shadow.10212/#post-67142

#14265 3 years ago

A Maverick went up for auction in Ontario yesterday. Looked to be in good condition. Farm sale.

#14266 3 years ago
Quoted from aFineMoose:

darscot I’m picking up a Shadow. I easily have room (but not money) for more. Maybe in the future I’ll start routing machines so I can have a rotating lineup in my apartment. I think that, but then I’ll probably just be rotating broken ones and I won’t get to play...
saltimbanco how did you end up so all in so fast? You enjoying your Shadow? If I had an arcade machine I’d definitely go for Ms. Pac Man.

Yes, really enjoy Shadow.

Quoted from aFineMoose:

darscot I’m picking up a Shadow. I easily have room (but not money) for more. Maybe in the future I’ll start routing machines so I can have a rotating lineup in my apartment. I think that, but then I’ll probably just be rotating broken ones and I won’t get to play...
saltimbanco how did you end up so all in so fast? You enjoying your Shadow? If I had an arcade machine I’d definitely go for Ms. Pac Man.

Yeah, Shadow is a sweet game, quite challenging. Very unique with the ramps and that battlefield. We love it! There's actually a club dedicated to it on Pinside
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-club

#14267 3 years ago

Yup, as I pointed out, that post is a pretty good deal, have you read how much stuff the seller is offering?

#14268 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

A Maverick went up for auction in Ontario yesterday. Looked to be in good condition. Farm sale.

I’d love to know what it went for, agreed limited pictures looked promising. Auction house told me there was lots of interest expressed in it so I didn’t make the 1hr drive to see it. Can’t imagine we will know what it went for but I do expect to see it up for sale in Kijiji in the next couple of weeks.

#14269 3 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Yup, as I pointed out, that post is a pretty good deal, have you read how much stuff the seller is offering?

Seems like a pretty good deal. Of all the games I have ever sold in the past, this game got the most action and interest. Not sure why this hasn't sold yet? I think I sold my last Shadow over $7k CDN a couple years back.

#14270 3 years ago

If you can’t get a deal done with the guy on Pinball Revolution ... I have a pristine condition The Shadow machine (with Aurich art and original translite) that I’d be willing to sell/trade. No shipping though.

Message me if interested.

#14271 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Seems like a pretty good deal. Of all the games I have ever sold in the past, this game got the most action and interest. Not sure why this hasn't sold yet? I think I sold my last Shadow over $7k CDN a couple years back.

Yeah, I'm dumfounded why it's not gone yet. The seller is looking to sell a full package and parts, maybe it's too much stuff for a new buyer. Then I would PM seller and ask what's doable. There was also no interest in that great looking AC-DC Premium that was nicely priced (8k in CAD).. timing is everything when selling, buying!

#14272 3 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Yeah, I'm dumfounded why it's not gone yet. The seller is looking to sell a full package and parts, maybe it's too much stuff for a new buyer. Then I would PM seller and ask what's doable. There was also no interest in that great looking AC-DC Premium that was nicely priced (8k in CAD).. timing is everything when selling, buying!

I love a project pin but not one to pay restored price for one. The math may add up on paper for what he spent but it doesn’t in value. I know I would restore the cabinet, LEDs, ColorDMD. Your looking at $8000 for a Shadow that I’m going to not play for months. That Shadow is at least $2000 high for me. To be fair the pin doesn’t need a full restore but what else do you do with all the extra parts. If I could find a second one that was really beat you could probably sort out the value by restoring them both and selling one. I can’t find one, now I need two!?

8K I can have a Premium AC/DC ready to roll.

#14273 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I love a project pin but not one to pay restored price for one. The math may add up on paper for what he spent but it doesn’t in value. I know I would restore the cabinet, LEDs, ColorDMD. Your looking at $8000 for a Shadow that I’m going to not play for months. That Shadow is at least $2000 high for me. To be fair the pin doesn’t need a full restore but what else do you do with all the extra parts. If I could find a second one that was really beat you could probably sort out the value by restoring them both and selling one. I can’t find one, now I need two!?
8K I can have a Premium AC/DC ready to roll.

Without most of the parts, etc., he's doing $6200 according to the post..

#14274 3 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Without most of the parts, etc., he's doing $6200 according to the post..

It’s still way off on price. This one sat and he was at 5K before it went. I would have bought it if he would have shipped. http://www.pinballrevolution.com/threads/the-shadow.9952/

P.S. I’m not trying to price police the guy all the power to him. I only gave my opinion because it was brought up. I know guys hate carguments but if I’m buying a car and it’s on jack stands with lots of parts in boxes I’m going beat you up on the price. Just the way it goes.

#14275 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

It’s still way off on price. This one sat and he was at 5K before it went. I would have bought it if he would have shipped. http://www.pinballrevolution.com/threads/the-shadow.9952/

I've been looking for a Tron, I can attest to the fact the market frequently changes.. for that same reason, you won't find that many Shadow you can plug and play at those prices. As you said, at that price ($4200-5000), you'll get a project, albeit still quite playable..

#14276 3 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

I've been looking for a Tron, I can attest to the fact the market frequently changes.. for that same reason, you won't find that many Shadow you can plug and play at those prices. As you said, at that price ($4200-5000), you'll get a project, albeit still quite playable..

The one I posted is nice not a project at all and sold in June at 5k. So My search continues I’m targeting 5K and will move up and down from there. I have the DE and Sega Jurassic Parks I would trade or move as a pair for something interesting. Would not go two for one on a Shadow without cash coming back.

#14277 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

The one I posted is nice not a project at all and sold in June at 5k. So My search continues I’m targeting 5K and will move up and down from there. I have the DE and Sega Jurassic Parks I would trade or move as a pair for something interesting. Would not go two for one on a Shadow without cash coming back.

If the border can re-open you may be able to get one priced reasonably.

#14278 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

If the border can re-open you may be able to get one priced reasonably.

Yeah I keep my eye out in the PNW thread and when the border opens I’ll grab something of the next container.

#14279 3 years ago

Darscot I’ll give more info when the deal is 100% done, but long story short somebody in Seattle responded to my wanted ad. After a month I had no hits for anything in BC or Alberta, so I reconnected with him. It’s a real pain with the shut border, but I got a ton of pics and it’s a reputable guy.

#14280 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Yeah I keep my eye out in the PNW thread and when the border opens I’ll grab something of the next container.

How does that work actually, that 'container' thing? I read it all the time, but have no idea other than it's obviously shipped..

#14281 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

P.S. I’m not trying to price police the guy all the power to him. I only gave my opinion because it was brought up. I know guys hate carguments but if I’m buying a car and it’s on jack stands with lots of parts in boxes I’m going beat you up on the price. Just the way it goes.

Oh, I know you're not trying to price police anyone. We're just talking here! Plus, a guy offers a game, a buyer gets it. To me, it ends there and people can charge gold ingots if a buyer is willing to pay. The only thing I would say is that I find it odd sometimes to read people saying 'oh, saw this game a few months ago at x price, thus I won't pay more because that's the value', but I get what you're saying and that this is not what you're doing here.

But trying to get a Tron, I've been getting a earful of 'see how it sold, that's the price it goes at'..

#14282 3 years ago

Tron is 9k these days. Know of a few sales this past year at that price.

Shadow for 7k is bonkers. So many better games for the cash.

#14283 3 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Tron is 9k these days. Know of a few sales this past year at that price.
Shadow for 7k is bonkers. So many better games for the cash.

9k is doable on a Tron, but I've seen most go north of 10 (in Ontario, Quebec) different regions will affect sale prices.

Also, Tron is a rare animal for a couple reasons. Most are modded but a lot of people want them modded. A stock Tron is rare, but when they come up, they are often cheaper than modded. (Lit ramps, arcade mod, Flynn sign, etc)

#14284 3 years ago

I think the reality is also that people think "dmd game" and put 90's pins in with games all the way up to spike, when the only thing they really have in common (for the most part) is that modes exist on them. My rule is generally this: the deeper the rules, the higher the price, when comparing similar games. Obviously lots of things factor in to that; do you care about visual mods/are you willing to pay for them? do you care what condition the exterior artwork is in? etc.

Maybe I'm the oddball, but I don't give a shit what the exterior artwork looks like save for the front of the machine. I care about the condition of the rails, lockdown bar and coin door more than what the sides look like. I'm also willing to pay more for mods, because I like my games to look good (inside the cab) as well as play good. I don't care how nice a game is on the outside if the inside has a rough pf and weak flippers with bare sideblades and a barren playfield.

I think everyone deep in this hobby would be happier if they followed the mantra of "it should leave nicer than it arrived" (and if they just accepted that things cost money, and nicer things cost more money, lol).

#14285 3 years ago
Quoted from aFineMoose:

darscot I’ll give more info when the deal is 100% done, but long story short somebody in Seattle responded to my wanted ad. After a month I had no hits for anything in BC or Alberta, so I reconnected with him. It’s a real pain with the shut border, but I got a ton of pics and it’s a reputable guy.

Ah you put up the wanted adds, I saw those and thought damn I should have thought of that first.

Quoted from Saltimbanco:

How does that work actually, that 'container' thing? I read it all the time, but have no idea other than it's obviously shipped..

It's a company in Italy that gathers pins, I don't know how he acquires them but he has a warehouse. There is a spreadsheet with pics and prices. There is a group of guys that arrange things. You just pick the pin you want from the list and once they get enough they load a container full and ship them all together. The guys that run it all great and super helpful, the whole thing runs pretty smoothly. There might be delays and you do have to put money up front, stuff happens. The truck was hours late and I was pretty stressed my first time wondering if someone just drove away with a container full of pins. In the end it was all completely upfront and awesome, I will do it again. I got hassle at the border but that was just me not knowing exactly what was expected the first time bringing a pin across. There are pretty good deals to be had, but at the same time you may get a pin that needs a lot more work than you expect. I got a BSD and with all the restoration I'm probably into for a around $5500 and she is a beauty. I don't think the container buys are profitable or worth flipping. I like it because I was starting at around $3750 for a game with solid bones so you have some room to put money in. My BSD ended up needing an MPU board, I had it working but then shorted a damn coil through a switch and just had enough. With the container your can still make out alright in that situation. When your starting at $7000 you just don't have any room for anything.

#14286 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Ah you put up the wanted adds, I saw those and thought damn I should have thought of that first.

It's a company in Italy that gathers pins, I don't know how he acquires them but he has a warehouse. There is a spreadsheet with pics and prices. There is a group of guys that arrange things. You just pick the pin you want from the list and once they get enough they load a container full and ship them all together. The guys that run it all great and super helpful, the whole thing runs pretty smoothly. There might be delays and you do have to put money up front, stuff happens. The truck was hours late and I was pretty stressed my first time wondering if someone just drove away with a container full of pins. In the end it was all completely upfront and awesome, I will do it again. I got hassle at the border but that was just me not knowing exactly what was expected the first time bringing a pin across. There are pretty good deals to be had, but at the same time you may get a pin that needs a lot more work than you expect. I got a BSD and with all the restoration I'm probably into for a around $5500 and she is a beauty. I don't think the container buys are profitable or worth flipping. I like it because I was starting at around $3750 for a game with solid bones so you have some room to put money in. My BSD ended up needing an MPU board, I had it working but then shorted a damn coil through a switch and just had enough. With the container your can still make out alright in that situation. When your starting at $7000 you just don't have any room for anything.

I would definetly like to check out this option, is there a link to the games list and prices?

#14287 3 years ago

Looking for a Guardians of the Galaxy, Wonka or a Batman 66. Please DM if you have one for sale. Prefer home used only please.

#14288 3 years ago
Quoted from Magno:

I would definetly like to check out this option, is there a link to the games list and prices?

http://container.proludio.com/

This is the latest list but they just did a buy so anything that was reserved is probably gone. It will give you an idea of pricing.

#14289 3 years ago

I was going to do a pin from the container buy, but backed out after figuring in the $CDN - Euro exchange, shipping in $US, border taxes, and of course the hassle of getting it across right now, just didn't make sense. It's a way to go if you just can't find a certain game any other way, but know you might overpay when it's all said and done.

#14290 3 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

I think everyone deep in this hobby would be happier if they followed the mantra of "it should leave nicer than it arrived" (and if they just accepted that things cost money, and nicer things cost more money, lol).

^^this is how I roll

#14292 3 years ago
Quoted from aFineMoose:

darscot I’ll give more info when the deal is 100% done, but long story short somebody in Seattle responded to my wanted ad. After a month I had no hits for anything in BC or Alberta, so I reconnected with him. It’s a real pain with the shut border, but I got a ton of pics and it’s a reputable guy.

Maybe try reaching out to Nitro pinball for getting the game across the border. Maybe he could help cause he is a business and business can ship stuff across (i would beleive)

#14293 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

http://container.proludio.com/
This is the latest list but they just did a buy so anything that was reserved is probably gone. It will give you an idea of pricing.

How do you get on the mailing list when this list is updated, or is it updated regularly and you just need to keep checking back?

#14294 3 years ago

Where do the machines get shipped to? Somewhere in the US I’m assuming?

#14295 3 years ago

wait, why are we talking about containers again? I thought we all agreed that ceased to be a viable strategy 5-10 years ago?

#14296 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Fwiw, when covid hit i considered selling my Shadow (with colordmd and Aurich package). I had a buyer at 6k and someone else trying to scoop his deal. Luckily for me, covid lockdown gave me time to change my mind.

#14297 3 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

wait, why are we talking about containers again? I thought we all agreed that ceased to be a viable strategy 5-10 years ago?

Hard to find games, mainly. Not even hard to find old games. You find me a CSI somewhere in Canada that I can meticulously duplicate to create a Sandman homebrew and i'll change my mind. Not even to retheme, just to copy. Seriously, if anyone has a CSI, let me know.

#14298 3 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Hard to find games, mainly. Not even hard to find old games. You find me a CSI somewhere in Canada that I can meticulously duplicate to create a Sandman homebrew and i'll change my mind. Not even to retheme, just to copy. Seriously, if anyone has a CSI, let me know.

Kirby had one out west for sale forever. I was considering it but never pulled the trigger.

Not sure if it's still around though.

#14299 3 years ago

and there was a CSI in Ottawa for the longest time. I thought it was a blast.

#14300 3 years ago

Also last time I was at Absolute Pinball shop He had a CSI for sale.

There are 24,843 posts in this topic. You are on page 286 of 497.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-in-canada-have-any-pins-they-want-to-sell/page/286?hl=magno and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.