(Topic ID: 76928)

Anybody in Canada have any pins they want to sell?

By Spencer

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,768 posts
  • 703 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by aeonblack
  • Topic is favorited by 432 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DumbnDumber (resized).jpg
111111 (resized).jpg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (resized).jpeg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (1) (resized).jpeg
L1000528 (resized).JPG
L1000531 edit (resized).jpg
L1000537 edit (resized).jpg
L1000539 edit (resized).jpg
L1000540 (resized).JPG
L1000542 (resized).JPG
L1000543 (resized).JPG
L1000544 edit (resized).jpg
L1000548 (resized).JPG
L1000549 (resized).JPG
L1000545 (resized).JPG
L1000526 (resized).JPG
There are 24,768 posts in this topic. You are on page 279 of 496.
#13901 3 years ago

Lost way more on the AD&D and Warhammer.

My brother drag races.
May as well flush it.

#13902 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

also since you know your shipping, what are my quote numbers again? Havent shipped in a bit. 30" skid, about 50" tall at around 250lbs is what i feel like im remembering. Sound about right?

All depends how you pack it.

I use industry standard skid 40*48 often height is 60" and weight is 250-300 dependent again on packing and game.

Problem you will find with my dims is they often calculate by cube weight at that point because you are way under.

All depends on who carries and in what direction too.

#13903 3 years ago
Quoted from BMHouze:

Lost way more on the AD&D and Warhammer.
My brother drag races.
May as well flush it.

Crackhammer has destroyed many a wallet. Cars are definitely the bottomless pit of hobbies though.

#13904 3 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

I have lost money on almost every single game I've owned, and I'm okay with that. If you're not, try a GIC and location play.

Yeah, the days of finding steals just don't happen much anymore. I've actually been fortunate and only lost money on a few games but way made up for it with a few others. As others have said, it really is a decent hobby to not loose all your investment.

#13905 3 years ago

Just picked up my JJP Hobbit from the shipping depot that I purchased from Luch and couldn’t believe how well packed and easy he made this purchase for me. I’m in Manitoba so it had to travel half way across the country but I really can’t stress enough how safely this thing was packed.

Extremely stand up guy who went above and beyond facilitating this purchase for me.

Thanks again to Luch for a fantastic experience! Now to get to work trying to break your high scores!

#13906 3 years ago
Quoted from dferg24:

Just picked up my JJP Hobbit from the shipping depot that I purchased from Luch and couldn’t believe how well packed and easy he made this purchase for me. I’m in Manitoba so it had to travel half way across the country but I really can’t stress enough how safely this thing was packed.
Extremely stand up guy who went above and beyond facilitating this purchase for me.
Thanks again to Luch for a fantastic experience! Now to get to work trying to break your high scores!

Glad it got there safe. Not sure if you got my voicemail yesterday. Sorry if it was totally random form the guy behind the curtain

#13907 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Im getting 404 errors on the Manitoulin qoute registration page. Could somebody with an account please check the going rate to ship a pin (early 80s bally) from the Saskatoon, SK depot to the Mississauga, ON depot for me please? Appreciated.

I am shipping a game from Regina to Barrie. They quoted $250 w taxes. Should be pretty close to that.

#13908 3 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Glad it got there safe. Not sure if you got my voicemail yesterday. Sorry if it was totally random form the guy behind the curtain

I did see a call from Ontario but was in a meeting and then was driving down to pickup the pinball machine and totally forgot about it in my excitement! Many thanks to you as well! That thing was unbelievably heavy to get into my basement. Glad I have no plans to move it ever again.

#13909 3 years ago
Quoted from dferg24:

I did see a call from Ontario but was in a meeting and then was driving down to pickup the pinball machine and totally forgot about it in my excitement! Many thanks to you as well! That thing was unbelievably heavy to get into my basement. Glad I have no plans to move it ever again.

Hobbit is a fat ass lol.

Only two things I've moved have been heavier. Slugfest and P3

#13910 3 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Hobbit is a fat ass lol.

Next Gen and WOZ take the trophy for me!

#13911 3 years ago

I just tried lifting a robocop up three stairs by myself on a dolly & Failed! Had to get the neighbors kid to help! DataEast are not light either!

#13912 3 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Hobbit is a fat ass lol.

Dialed In is a monster as well. If I ever move it the head is gonna come off.

#13913 3 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I just tried lifting a robocop up three stairs by myself on a dolly & Failed! Had to get the neighbors kid to help! DataEast are not light either!

Never move a game upstairs by yourself. It's not worth the injury and damage that can happen.

#13914 3 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Hobbit is a fat ass lol.

Try moving Crusin USA. Brutal. If I move it, gonna be with a chainsaw.

#13915 3 years ago
Quoted from Tuxedomask23:

Have a sttng and have moved a few woz's. Hobbit is heavier, but still nothing on a p&b and P3 is next level nuts.

#13916 3 years ago
Quoted from Edster:

Let me help when you're ready

#13917 3 years ago
Quoted from Edster:

Dialed In is a monster as well. If I ever move it the head is gonna come off.

Dialed in isn't so bad, but it has razor sharp cab edges

#13918 3 years ago
Quoted from Ripshill:

Knocking another $1000 off the price. Final price drop as I am now losing money on this machine. Now asking $10,500 obo. Trades are still very much welcome. Thanks!

Sold pending pickup

#13919 3 years ago
Quoted from Edster:

Most awkward thing I remember moving is Nicks Star Wars cockpit... that was a bear.

#13920 3 years ago
Quoted from Ripshill:

Sold pending pickup

Congrats on the sale.

#13921 3 years ago
Quoted from roar:

Most awkward thing I remember moving is Nicks Star Wars cockpit... that was a bear.

Oh yea, that was a beast for sure.

#13922 3 years ago
Quoted from Tuxedomask23:

True hobbit comes to mind... Beasts, and MDF cabs are heavier than plywood like TZ or IJ

#13923 3 years ago
Quoted from roar:

I don't even understand how you guys can move either of those. Too big for dollies, or even forklifts. Star wars is the size of a small car.

#13924 3 years ago
Quoted from EvanDickson:

I don't even understand how you guys can move either of those. Too big for dollies, or even forklifts. Star wars is the size of a small car.

It weighed a ton, there were 3 or 4 of us I think, it was years ago, are there wheels on it maybe? No way we lifted it, we rolled/pushed it up the side of the house for sure... I've blocked most of that from my memory

#13925 3 years ago

I'm looking into shipping a pin from Calgary to Mississauga Ontario -- curious if anyone has any suggestions for who to go with? or perhaps if anyones coming in this direction that I could piggy-back transport with?

#13926 3 years ago
Quoted from JohnJN:

I'm looking into shipping a pin from Calgary to Mississauga Ontario -- curious if anyone has any suggestions for who to go with? or perhaps if anyones coming in this direction that I could piggy-back transport with?

We should start a Canadian shipping thread.

Read a bit in this thread, search shipping, the topic comes up frequently.

#13927 3 years ago
Quoted from JohnJN:

I've used Day and Ross with no problems. I've shipped a couple pins during COVID and they do residential to business or business to business from my last experience about a month or two ago.

#13928 3 years ago

Found an old Canadian Shipping thread, I added a tidbit of info and revived it.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/canadian-shipping-recommendations#post-5731737

Quoted from JohnJN:

#13929 3 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Found an old Canadian Shipping thread, I added a tidbit of info and revived it.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/canadian-shipping-recommendations#post-5731737

There was a bunch of threads started a while back. Someone was tired of everyone talking about shipping options, weights of pins, and cost of border duties. Looks like they were all ignored to keep everything here, instead of talking about selling pins

#13930 3 years ago

Apologies, I’m a newbie to shipping within Canada - thanks for the advice guys

#13931 3 years ago

If anyone needs some assistance with shipping, I'm always happy to help answer questions.

I also help facilitate packing and shipping games in and out of the GTA (greater Toronto area).

I've helped people in every province, one territory and also USA (but I don't like doing USA stuff often).

A lot of people here have had my help both directly and indirectly, and can vouch for me if you are new or just don't know who I am.

There are a lot of questions and certainly fears, but this is a small community and we mostly like to help each other out.

So, if you're reading this relatively close to me posting, feel free to message. If you're reading this from searching the thread for advice, feel free to message.

If it's 2029 and somehow we are still in this thread, feel free to message me.

If you don't have any shipping questions, but just want to message someone, feel free to message me.

#13932 3 years ago

I've used Meegis many times .

#13933 3 years ago
Quoted from roar:

It weighed a ton, there were 3 or 4 of us I think, it was years ago, are there wheels on it maybe? No way we lifted it, we rolled/pushed it up the side of the house for sure... I've blocked most of that from my memory

Imagine going up or down stairs... Ahhhhhhhhh!

#13934 3 years ago
Quoted from luch:

I've used meegis many times .

Lol. Sounds so dirty

#13935 3 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Lol. Sounds so dirty

It is. Evey time

#13936 3 years ago

Anyone selling a WOZ Ruby Red or Deadpool Pro or Premium?

Send me a PM.

#13937 3 years ago

Pretty sure there is a DP pro in the P1 showroom.
If you really want it.

#13938 3 years ago

Anyone know of where I can acquire a dmd clock?

#13939 3 years ago
Quoted from Edster:

Imagine going up or down stairs... Ahhhhhhhhh!

I moved a single Crusin USA down my stairs. I cut it up before moving it back out. LOL. NBA Jam was a nightmare as was my Tron Cabinet. I said when we moved, walkout was a must. Didn't get one.

#13940 3 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Looking at freeing up a spot in the game room. So I am open to selling one of the following:
Transformers LE $7200 CDN - (Combo version #48 of 500). HUO (I bought it NIB) in mint condition. Lots of extras including:
Shaker motor
Mirror blades
McKee Topper
Color DMD
Megatron shooter rod
Spider-man $8900 CDN - HUO (I bought it NIB). This one is better than mint condition IMO and has a ton of great mods including:
Full chrome package including legs, lock-down bar and Steve Ritchie webbed side rails
LEDs throughout
Color DMD
Shaker motor
McKee topper
Target decals
Extra sling shot / inlane plastics
Side decals
Custom shooter rod
Speaker panel spiders
Local pickup only. I only plan to sell one game at this time so if one sells, the other will be pulled.
Not interested in trades at this time (unless you have a JP premium)
You can see some pics in the gameroom thread. Or you can PM me for more pics if you are interested.

Price drop.
$6800 for Transformers LE
$8400 for Spider-man

#13941 3 years ago
Quoted from Ripshill:

Sold pending pickup

I see this is on Kijiji again. Buyer back out?

#13942 3 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

I moved a single Crusin USA down my stairs. I cut it up before moving it back out. LOL. NBA Jam was a nightmare as was my Tron Cabinet. I said when we moved, walkout was a must. Didn't get one.

Been saying the same or an elevator.

#13943 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I see this is on Kijiji again. Buyer back out?

He is picking up Saturday or Sunday. He is driving from Northern Quebec so bit of a road trip. Added sold pending pickup to title on Kijiji.

#13944 3 years ago

Wow. That's a road trip. Definitely the longest pickup I've heard of. I couldn't even start to figure out how many tanks of gas that it would take to drive from Quebec to Saskatchewan and back. Probably spending 3x to 4x what it would cost to ship at a minimum.

Quoted from Ripshill:

He is picking up Saturday or Sunday. He is driving from Northern Quebec so bit of a road trip. Added sold pending pickup to title on Kijiji.

#13945 3 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Wow. That's a road trip. Definitely the longest pickup I've heard of. I couldn't even start to figure out how many tanks of gas that it would take to drive from Quebec to Saskatchewan and back. Probably spending 3x to 4x what it would cost to ship at a minimum.

Wow! I thought my Charlottetown / Ottawa round trips were as extreme as it got!

#13946 3 years ago

I drove to Kentucky for a game. That was a long drive. It was for a mint CV. Not ever doing that type of ride again for a game.

#13947 3 years ago

Looking for help in Saskatoon.

Hi guys. Ive been talking to a guy in Saskatoon and im going to buy his Skateball. The issue is he is not a pinball guy nor does he have any ties to the community. Hes just owned the one game for the last 6yrs and doesnt know anything about it other than he bought it from Devron and its been fun.
I need some one who can pick it up, pack it up and take it to the Manitoulin depot for me. I would compensate this person for their help obviously. My other concern was with the seller having no ties to the community and a long distance payment. If someone (more reputable) is going to get the game for me i can either
a) send payment to the seller once you arrive at his home
or
b) send the transfer to the person picking the game up and have them hand over the cash. Either way if someone is picking it up for me it puts the whole thing at ease in my mind again. The seller does seem legit though.

Long winded. Anyway, if you can help me here, id appreciate it. Please PM me

Edit: Monday July 13th pre 6pm would be the seller ideal meet time. Thats just ideal. We'll work out whatever is necessary to make it happen.

#13948 3 years ago

Ive been trying to email Jason (Pokey?) and Luc at Sapp pinball but no luck.
I was told by a friend they might be willing to help. You guys on here??

#13949 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Ive been trying to email Jason (Pokey?) and Luc at Sapp pinball but no luck.
I was told by a friend they might be willing to help. You guys on here??

smokedog

#13950 3 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

That is one of the reasons I bought a walkout last year among others. I'm not an active buy/sell guy but if you are, make your next home purchase a walkout. You'll never go back.

There are 24,768 posts in this topic. You are on page 279 of 496.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-in-canada-have-any-pins-they-want-to-sell/page/279 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.