(Topic ID: 76928)

Anybody in Canada have any pins they want to sell?

By Spencer

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,786 posts
  • 703 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 19 minutes ago by Pin_Fandango
  • Topic is favorited by 432 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DumbnDumber (resized).jpg
111111 (resized).jpg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (resized).jpeg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (1) (resized).jpeg
L1000528 (resized).JPG
L1000531 edit (resized).jpg
L1000537 edit (resized).jpg
L1000539 edit (resized).jpg
L1000540 (resized).JPG
L1000542 (resized).JPG
L1000543 (resized).JPG
L1000544 edit (resized).jpg
L1000548 (resized).JPG
L1000549 (resized).JPG
L1000545 (resized).JPG
L1000526 (resized).JPG
There are 24,786 posts in this topic. You are on page 278 of 496.
#13851 3 years ago

Anyone ready to part with their JP Premium or LE?

#13852 3 years ago

my exact thoughts lol

#13853 3 years ago
Quoted from Pauz21:

Anyone have a Spider-Man theyd part with? Likely looking at a trade but you just never see them available

Try extraballingtmc he might still have one.

#13854 3 years ago

Looking at freeing up a spot in the game room. So I am open to selling one of the following:

Transformers LE $7200 CDN - (Combo version #48 of 500). HUO (I bought it NIB) in mint condition. Lots of extras including:

Shaker motor
Mirror blades
McKee Topper
Color DMD
Megatron shooter rod

Spider-man $8900 CDN - HUO (I bought it NIB). This one is better than mint condition IMO and has a ton of great mods including:

Full chrome package including legs, lock-down bar and Steve Ritchie webbed side rails
LEDs throughout
Color DMD
Shaker motor
McKee topper
Target decals
Extra sling shot / inlane plastics
Side decals
Custom shooter rod
Speaker panel spiders

Local pickup only. I only plan to sell one game at this time so if one sells, the other will be pulled.

Not interested in trades at this time (unless you have a JP premium)

You can see some pics in the gameroom thread. Or you can PM me for more pics if you are interested.

#13856 3 years ago

Looking for a T2, local to Calgary would be preferred. Cheers.

#13857 3 years ago

Interested in seeing if anyone has a Batman forever or a Star Wars trilogy they would part with. Preferably in Manitoba, Saskatchewan or Alberta, but may consider other provinces too for the right deal. Thanks!

#13858 3 years ago

*Bump* Have a very nice T2 for sale. Several mods and extra parts. One small ding on the cabinet, otherwise amazing condition and a beautiful game. Email for pics.
$4500 CDN. Located in Langley BC, not able to ship at this time. May consider trades/part trades, check my wishlist!!

#13859 3 years ago
Quoted from Pauz21:Anyone have a Spider-Man theyd part with? Likely looking at a trade but you just never see them available

Quoted from Apollyon:

Spider-man $8900 CDN - HUO (I bought it NIB). This one is better than mint condition IMO and has a ton of great mods including:
Full chrome package including legs, lock-down bar and Steve Ritchie webbed side rails
LEDs throughout
Color DMD
Shaker motor
McKee topper
Target decals
Extra sling shot / inlane plastics
Side decals
Custom shooter rod
Speaker panel spiders
Local pickup only. I only plan to sell one game at this time so if one sells, the other will be pulled.
Not interested in trades at this time (unless you have a JP premium)
You can see some pics in the gameroom thread. Or you can PM me for more pics if you are interested.

Quoted from mymalibu:

Looking for a T2, local to Calgary would be preferred. Cheers.

Quoted from iceman66:

*Bump* Have a very nice T2 for sale. Several mods and extra parts. One small ding on the cabinet, otherwise amazing condition and a beautiful game. Email for pics.
$4500 CDN. Located in Langley BC, not able to ship at this time. May consider trades/part trades, check my wishlist!!

#13860 3 years ago

You need to host a reality game show called “Pinball” Connection. Maybe I am dating myself here lol...

#13861 3 years ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

You need to host a reality game show called “Pinball” Connection. Maybe I am dating myself here lol...

We'll be back in 2 and 2!

#13862 3 years ago

If only aeonblack could find a minty Blackout...

#13863 3 years ago

Quick! Someone post a Blackout for sale! We'll be back from commercials any minute now!

#13864 3 years ago
Quoted from RandomTask:

If only aeonblack could find a minty Blackout...

I got smashed on some crème de menthe last weekend. Talk about a minty blackout.

#13866 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman66:

Wow!m that seems like a really good price!

#13868 3 years ago

Wow steal price on Atlantis

#13869 3 years ago

Have A Spider-Man red and A huo twd pro with cdmd for 7200 each. Only TradeS huo dead pool or Imdn.

Local deals only.

#13870 3 years ago

BC Gambit, I can charge you more if you like, not a problem...LOL!! I just try to price pins fairly, its a sweet game

#13871 3 years ago

Hey iceman66. I sent you a couple text's yesterday about your T2 pin.

QSS

#13872 3 years ago
Quoted from Ripshill:

Good day all,
Knocking a $1000 off my original asking price. This is the cost of all the mods I have into the game so you'll be getting a very solid game with damn near every mod out there. Now asking $11,500 obo. Trades as still very much welcome. Thanks!
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1508753619&posted=true&adActivated=true&edited=true

Knocking another $1000 off the price. Final price drop as I am now losing money on this machine. Now asking $10,500 obo. Trades are still very much welcome. Thanks!

#13873 3 years ago
Quoted from Ripshill:

Final price drop as I am now losing money on this machine. Thanks!

Are you new to buying nib? Only a handful of games don't depreciate in value.

#13874 3 years ago

I know someone who made money.
But he bought when the dollar was par nib.

You have to be truely careful on what you buy if you are trying to make money. Especially NiB.
I stuck to Aerosmith, only because music pins go rather fast, it has many good features learned from earlier machines, my wife and other women like the music better than say Iron Maiden (don't get me wrong I like IM the band).
I did see the ball flying everywhere and anywhere. I just bought plenty of spare parts. Plan to hold this one at least 5 years.

#13875 3 years ago

For most NIB machines now you are going to lose money on. If you have as extra mods you are lucky to get back 50% of investment on them. The more expensive the machine is the less buyers you have and that will affect what you can actually get for the machine. It goes title by title too, one bad code update or lack of one, or layout and playability of machine can affect value. There are ton of choices out there now so I think this will be a trend moving forward, buyer beware new pins are no longer a cash cow.

Quoted from dirkdiggler:

#13876 3 years ago

Anyone near Ontario have a Batman Forever they're interested in parting with?

#13877 3 years ago

While I walked around the showroom I saw plenty of hemmorage titles.
Kept wondering what 'sucker' or 'rube' is going to buy that?

If I have seen it or its LE on the sale threads already, a few times, trouble.

#13878 3 years ago

Here Blackout, Blackout, Blackout (Whistles)

#13879 3 years ago
Quoted from BMHouze:

You have to be truely careful on what you buy if you are trying to make money. Especially NiB.

If you're trying to make money you're in the wrong hobby.
If you want to spend some dough, play some amazing pinball for a few years, and then sell your machine for like 80% of what you put into it, pinball is for you.

#13880 3 years ago
Quoted from JohnJN:

Anyone near Ontario have a Batman Forever they're interested in parting with?

Pinhead on MAACA had one a while ago...don't know if he sold it or not.

#13881 3 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

If you're trying to make money you're in the wrong hobby.

Bingo!

#13882 3 years ago
Quoted from guard:

Pinhead on MAACA had one a while ago...don't know if he sold it or not.

Thanks!

#13883 3 years ago

I believe his Batman Forever is currently rented out.

#13884 3 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

This was my first NIB machine. I brought it in from California 6 months ago. Honestly I was hoping to break even; see that is not possible.

#13885 3 years ago
Quoted from Ripshill:

This was my first NIB machine. I brought it in from California 6 months ago. Honestly I was hoping to break even; see that is not possible.

Unfortunately, with most NIB games especially in Canada, we will hardly ever break even. When buying NIB for me personally I assume that I will most likely lose money on it when I eventually sell...unless you bought a NIB alien.

#13886 3 years ago
Quoted from Ripshill:

You can usually break even on used games if you didn’t over pay to start with. Add-ons(mods) are usually a right off. You almost never get that back. The taxes are the killer on NIB.

It’s kind of funny that pinball people think like that though. Would you think of buying a new car and then getting 100% of that money back including taxes a year or 2 later when you sell it?

#13887 3 years ago

If you don’t want to lose your ass don’t buy nib and don’t add mods. People don’t really pay extra for mods and some even see them as a negative on a game.

Buy used games at stable prices to not lose money.

As for nib we are years past breaking even or making money on a game.

Last game I made money on was metle, solid game and dollar was near par.

Fwiw I sold my huo gb premium about a year in for 9200 no mods

#13888 3 years ago
Quoted from Tuxedomask23:

Unfortunately, with most NIB games especially in Canada, we will hardly ever break even. When buying NIB for me personally I assume that I will most likely lose money on it when I eventually sell...unless you bought a NIB alien.

I bought a HUO JP Pro earlier this year from the original buyer for $7,200, assuming they paid $8,500 after taxes and delivery they took about a 14% hit to have a NIB game for 6 months give or take. Game had no mods on, just the way I like it so there wasn't any further investment on it and JP is a really strong title for resale. I also bought a HUO IMDN Prem last year from the original owner for $9,200 I believe, where he was likely into it for $10.5K, so a 13% hit to own NIB.

I think both those titles have really strong re-sale value to them and you're still looking at 10%+ premium to go NIB. I'm going to do it one day as I want to have that experience of being the first to open the box, I'll do so with the understanding I'm going to likely be looking at a >10% hit to do so.

#13889 3 years ago

I just got my very first NIB, had to go nib on this one, but I friggin love it. I don't know if i'll ever take a hit as who knows if i'll ever sell it. The dollar is shit, but this (R&M) title might hold up very in the long run, never knoe.

#13890 3 years ago

I have lost money on almost every single game I've owned, and I'm okay with that. If you're not, try a GIC and location play.

#13891 3 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

I just got my very first NIB, had to go nib on this one, but I friggin love it. I don't know if i'll ever take a hit as who knows if i'll ever sell it. The dollar is shit, but this (R&M) title might hold up very in the long run, never knoe.

Uhhh you should check the resale on every other spooky...

In the meantime enjoy your game. It is special to buy nib, update the code, learn new tricks before others etc

#13892 3 years ago

With all this NIB losses talk.

Anyone order a tmntle? Ill give you $6000CAD

But you gotta deliver to me, or the deal is off.

Cash in hand

#13893 3 years ago

*crosses fingers that people actually get the joke and dont get butthurt*

btdt

#13894 3 years ago

Im getting 404 errors on the Manitoulin qoute registration page. Could somebody with an account please check the going rate to ship a pin (early 80s bally) from the Saskatoon, SK depot to the Mississauga, ON depot for me please? Appreciated.

#13895 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Im getting 404 errors on the Manitoulin qoute registration page. Could somebody with an account please check the going rate to ship a pin (early 80s bally) from the Saskatoon, SK depot to the Mississauga, ON depot for me please? Appreciated.

Have you tried calling in?

I always find calling is easiest

#13896 3 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Have you tried calling in?
I always find calling is easiest

Trying to get a qoute while im suppossed to be working. Shh. Lol
Ill have to call Monday if i cant figure it out online.

#13897 3 years ago

also since you know your shipping, what are my quote numbers again? Havent shipped in a bit. 30" skid, about 50" tall at around 250lbs is what i feel like im remembering. Sound about right?

#13898 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

also since you know your shipping, what are my quote numbers again? Havent shipped in a bit. 30" skid, about 50" tall at around 250lbs is what i feel like im remembering. Sound about right?

More lb’s

#13899 3 years ago
Quoted from roar:

I bought a HUO JP Pro earlier this year from the original buyer for $7,200, assuming they paid $8,500 after taxes and delivery they took about a 14% hit to have a NIB game for 6 months give or take. Game had no mods on, just the way I like it so there wasn't any further investment on it and JP is a really strong title for resale. I also bought a HUO IMDN Prem last year from the original owner for $9,200 I believe, where he was likely into it for $10.5K, so a 13% hit to own NIB.

If you buy a brand new game, play it for a year, and only lose 15% or less during resale, that's AMAZING.
There aren't really many other hobbies where you can do that.

#13900 3 years ago

Lots of guys put their nib games on route to earn a little back. If it can earn a couple hundred a month for 6 months you don't lose your shirt when you go and sell it.

HUO your definitely taking a loss unless it's jjpotc or aliens it seems

There are 24,786 posts in this topic. You are on page 278 of 496.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-in-canada-have-any-pins-they-want-to-sell/page/278?hl=boat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.