(Topic ID: 76928)

Anybody in Canada have any pins they want to sell?

By Spencer

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,776 posts
  • 703 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by Saltimbanco
  • Topic is favorited by 432 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DumbnDumber (resized).jpg
111111 (resized).jpg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (resized).jpeg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (1) (resized).jpeg
L1000528 (resized).JPG
L1000531 edit (resized).jpg
L1000537 edit (resized).jpg
L1000539 edit (resized).jpg
L1000540 (resized).JPG
L1000542 (resized).JPG
L1000543 (resized).JPG
L1000544 edit (resized).jpg
L1000548 (resized).JPG
L1000549 (resized).JPG
L1000545 (resized).JPG
L1000526 (resized).JPG
There are 24,776 posts in this topic. You are on page 272 of 496.
#13551 3 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

I agree with most of what Meegis posted. It is a bit of a straw man though as I don't think anyone was saying Beatles Gold sells at list price, especially used. My problem is you stated it was 7-8k. Basic math does not support that.
I tend to price things out from what it would reasonably cost me to bring it up from the US. For me that would include shipping and brokerage fees, but let's not include that for simplicity. I am going to use today's exchange rates. Maybe some people have USD in the bank they have purchased cheaper, whatever, going by what "Joe Regular" would have access to right now. From TD's site, that is 1.44 when buying US currency.
Scenario 1 - Assuming $5500.00 Beatles Gold (Meegis low)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
5500 * 1.44 = 7920. Add in another 5% here (13% out east) you are looking at $8300-$8949 to bring one up.
Scenario 2 - Assuming $6300.00 Beatles Gold (Pinside "price")
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
6300 * 1.44 = 9072. Add in taxes you are looking at 9500-10250
So range would be $8300 to $9500 to bring one in to Alberta (again not including any shipping/brokerage costs), $8900 to $10200 for out East, most likely somewhere in the middle is where the majority of deals would be at this point in time. Even the extra special "local club" deal you guys can get from P1 is going to put you at 9600 to 10000 theoretically for a NIB once you take tax into account.
If you can get one for $7k-8k like you stated you are definitely getting one hell of a deal, just feels like a number not based in any kind of reality. Of course if exchange swings these numbers change dramatically. If we go up to par then we will all be swimming in pins. Until then I just focus on the what is.

I hear what you're saying, and I can appreciate where you're coming from, but the what is and the what was, and the what can be is just varying degrees of the same thing.

I'm using what has actually sold, not just what's listed.

If I list a game in my collection high, it won't sell, but it will show up in market. If someone else sees my higher price and decides to copy or come close, there's now two in the market.

Did the games value go up? No

If they sell, then sure, we can see the value shift, but sadly, games haven't. With covid19 taking its toll financially, I'm curious to see who's left standing in the end and what people may need to do to scrub up some extra dollars.

You mention the exchange... If it takes a sudden swing for the better (as we all hope) will the value of our games all go down? Will people not be upset that their 'investment' has just plummeted?

We all have to realize, Pinball is a toy. A very expensive one. You buy when you're comfortable to buy and you buy at a price you feel comfortable to pay. It doesn't matter if someone else can buy cheaper or sell higher. I the end, you made the deal at the time, and whatever happens is a rub.

#13552 3 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

I hear what you're saying, and I can appreciate where you're coming from, but the what is and the what was, and the what can be is just varying degrees of the same thing.

Sorry, that's just a bit too zen for me, especially when someone has specifically asked about a reasonable market price for a pin "in the now".

Quoted from Meegis:

I'm using what has actually sold, not just what's listed.

Even at the $5500 number the math doesn't work out to 7-8k CDN, as I showed in my last post. Which is what I am arguing, that number makes no sense. Is $5500 a reasonable number to begin with? Not to me, and I have looked at the archive as well, but that is between a buyer and seller I guess.

Quoted from Meegis:

If I list a game in my collection high, it won't sell, but it will show up in market. If someone else sees my higher price and decides to copy or come close, there's now two in the market.

Did the games value go up? No

If they sell, then sure, we can see the value shift, but sadly, games haven't. With covid19 taking its toll financially, I'm curious to see who's left standing in the end and what people may need to do to scrub up some extra dollars.

Yep, common sense. Supply and demand will for sure impact pricing. And yes, the more recent the comparable the better the value estimate, especially if the location is close. However even with a great comparable, you can only buy what is currently for sale and at a number someone is willing to sell for, which I take into account when I try to figure out my pricing.

Quoted from Meegis:

You mention the exchange... If it takes a sudden swing for the better (as we all hope) will the value of our games all go down? Will people not be upset that their 'investment' has just plummeted?

Yes and yes? But why is that relevant to the current market price of a pin? Exchange rates in the past or future are irrelevant to the price of a pin *right now*. I use the actual current exchange values to calculate the actual current dollar value of a pin. What else should we use as collectors for a specific point in time? Maybe we should just all start pricing in USD in this thread to make things simpler.

Quoted from Meegis:

We all have to realize, Pinball is a toy. A very expensive one. You buy when you're comfortable to buy and you buy at a price you feel comfortable to pay. It doesn't matter if someone else can buy cheaper or sell higher. I the end, you made the deal at the time, and whatever happens is a rub.

Thanks? I've been buying and selling pins for many years now. I get the mechanics.

Someone asked a simple question, got a simple (and imo way out there) answer, I have been trying to get to the bottom of it. I get it now. They made it up based on their feelings, and what exchange rates may be, or have been and/or what covid could do to the market. Almost like they are selling at estimated future pin values. Interesting way to buy and sell a pin, but to each their own.

I really do apologize to everyone about taking things so off tangent and a waste of digital space. My next post will be about selling or buying a pin, I promise.

#13553 3 years ago
Quoted from Sleepy:

I'm looking to buy the following games if anyone has one for sale in or around the GTA. Preferably west end near Oakville/Burlington/Hamilton. They must be at least in good working condition with no playfield wear. Just let me know your price and location.

1972 Williams Olympic Hockey
1980 Williams Firepower
1988 Williams Taxi (Marilyn version)
2019 Stern Jurassic Park (Pro or Premium)

Thanks!

Bump for relevancy

#13554 3 years ago
Quoted from Adib:

Well let's sell something, world cup soccer 94. Great machine. Priced to sell. 3995$

Please view this ad:

worlcup soccer pinball machine,
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-toys-games/edmonton/worlcup-soccer-pinball-machine/1500685703?utm_source=com.google.android.apps.docs&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=socialbuttons&utm_content=app_android

Price: $ 3,995

Bump for relevancy

#13555 3 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

My next post will be about selling or buying a pin, I promise.

Hmmm, I could give you a hint as to what your next Pin to sell should be...

#13556 3 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Sorry, that's just a bit too zen for me, especially when someone has specifically asked about a reasonable market price for a pin "in the now".

Even at the $5500 number the math doesn't work out to 7-8k CDN, as I showed in my last post. Which is what I am arguing, that number makes no sense. Is $5500 a reasonable number to begin with? Not to me, and I have looked at the archive as well, but that is between a buyer and seller I guess.

Yep, common sense. Supply and demand will for sure impact pricing. And yes, the more recent the comparable the better the value estimate, especially if the location is close. However even with a great comparable, you can only buy what is currently for sale and at a number someone is willing to sell for, which I take into account when I try to figure out my pricing.

Yes and yes? But why is that relevant to the current market price of a pin? Exchange rates in the past or future are irrelevant to the price of a pin *right now*. I use the actual current exchange values to calculate the actual current dollar value of a pin. What else should we use as collectors for a specific point in time? Maybe we should just all start pricing in USD in this thread to make things simpler.

Thanks? I've been buying and selling pins for many years now. I get the mechanics.
Someone asked a simple question, got a simple (and imo way out there) answer, I have been trying to get to the bottom of it. I get it now. They made it up based on their feelings, and what exchange rates may be, or have been and/or what covid could do to the market. Almost like they are selling at estimated future pin values. Interesting way to buy and sell a pin, but to each their own.
I really do apologize to everyone about taking things so off tangent and a waste of digital space. My next post will be about selling or buying a pin, I promise.

Dude. Be happy with what you've got. Don't get hung up on you may have paid to much for a game. Make it up on the next one.

3 rules on a purchase. Did I want it? Did I need it? Did I get a good deal? If 2 of 3 rules apply, consider it gravy

#13557 3 years ago

Is this thread anyone in Canada want to talk about the pins they want or debate on the price for them? Good grief!!!

#13558 3 years ago

This is all my fault. I only asked what a Beatles entry level (Gold) is worth. Wow did it set off a chain of events. Kinda funny though...

#13559 3 years ago

Anyone in BC area have Star Trek TNG or BK2K for sale? If so please let me know - thanks!

#13560 3 years ago

Pretty sure there’s a sttng on local club site. Not sure if it sold yet or not.

Quoted from Dreadreaper:

Anyone in BC area have Star Trek TNG or BK2K for sale? If so please let me know - thanks!

#13561 3 years ago
Quoted from Edster:

This is all my fault. I only asked what a Beatles entry level (Gold) is worth. Wow did it set off a chain of events. Kinda funny though...

It sure did become a Hard Day's Night. But don't worry, Here Comes the Sun. We Can Work it Out, Come Together, and Get Back to selling pins.

#13562 3 years ago
Quoted from Edster:

Welcome to pinside... Lol

#13563 3 years ago

So you're the trouble maker!

#13564 3 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

You didn't overpay for TWD LE.

I paid for it in sadness when I had to sell it to make room for new stuff lol

#13565 3 years ago

Wow thought there would be 25 new pins for sale, just turned out to be price bitching

#13566 3 years ago
Quoted from dos_reboot:

WTB Bally Viking.

Found.

#13567 3 years ago

Machine - For Sale
HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) - “HUO Attack From Mars LE in perfect shape looks like it did the day it came out of the box plays perfect will miss this game but have to make room for new one i am willing to ship...”
2020-05-08
Sherwood Park, AB
11,000 (OBO)
Archived after: 160 days
Viewed: 756 times
Still for sale

#13568 3 years ago

WTB..good example of pinbot or taxi and / or jp stern
GTA toronto

#13569 3 years ago

I'm growing tired of reading dissertations (Even my own!) on the theoretical ranges of sale prices on games that aren't for sale in Canada. I genuinely look forward to seeing a Beatles go up for sale in Canada... until then none of this matters.

#13570 3 years ago
Quoted from Liakos:

WTB..good example of pinbot or taxi and / or jp
GTA toronto

http://pinballrevolution.com/threads/jurassic-park-de.9829/

#13571 3 years ago

I’m looking for a Walking Dead Premium or LE pinball machine. If anyone has any leads on this game for sale I would be interested in hearing the details .... thanks!

#13572 3 years ago

Thnx mcuzz.. my bad.. meant a stern
So jurrasic park stern or pinbot..
Thanks in advance

#13573 3 years ago

ACDC and DILE have a new home. Elvira LE on the way!

Rob

#13574 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Rob

Oh man! Elvira will be sick. Congrats Rob!

#13575 3 years ago

Anyone know the status of shipping right now? Can you drop off and receive games currently from Day and Ross depots? Thanks for the help. Jim

#13576 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Anyone know the status of shipping right now? Can you drop off and receive games currently from Day and Ross depots? Thanks for the help. Jim

yes they are still open and moving freight. got a quote from them the other day. just make sure u use class 70. when getting a quote for a pin.

#13577 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

I called Day and Ross two days ago and they said that they are not doing Depot to Depot and no pick ups or drop offs unless it is new products.

I called Mantoulin and they said all operations are up and running so Depot to Depot and curbside drop off and pick ups are still happening with them.

#13578 3 years ago
Quoted from thc666:

yes they are still open and moving freight. got a quote from them the other day. just make sure u use class 70. when getting a quote for a pin.

Could you explain class 70.
What is this? I have usually had quotes based on dimensions and weight. Thanks

#13579 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Rob

You are going to love Elvira!

#13580 3 years ago
Quoted from thc666:

Quoted from mikewalsh:

Could you explain class 70.
What is this? I have usually had quotes based on dimensions and weight. Thanks

Class is based in dimensions and weight.

Class 70 is quite wrong depending on what you ship and how.

For example, using a standard skid (40*48")

You'll likely have a machine quoted at 40*48*60 - 300lb

This will actually give you a class 200

If you use a small we skid, say a 36*36 (keeping height and weight the same) you'd be a class 150

A class is lower the more sense a shipment becomes. So if you're using a standard skid of 40*48", to be a class 70, you'll need to cross 1000lb

#13581 3 years ago

New price

Machine - For Sale
HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) - “HUO Attack From Mars LE in perfect shape looks like it did the day it came out of the box plays perfect will miss this game but have to make room for new one i am willing to ship...”
2020-05-08
Sherwood Park, AB
11,000 (OBO)
Archived after: 160 days
Viewed: 756 times

#13582 3 years ago

Called Day & Ross, both the Regina and Brampton depots are closed so no way to use them to ship games currently.

#13583 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Called Day & Ross, both the Regina and Brampton depots are closed so no way to use them to ship games currently.

Maybe try something like uship.ca

I haven't used them but did get quotes a couple years ago. Seemed like one way to go.

The way it worked when I tried it is you post what you need and carriers with extra space quote. Not sure if they changed anything since then.

Some of the carriers are sketchy and were quoting me by PM outside of the uship system. Cheaper but not sure I'd trust that. Probably they fixed that by now anyway.

#13584 3 years ago

Manitoulin !!!

#13585 3 years ago

pinballjah There's a depot in Regina...

#13586 3 years ago

Yup. I got a quote from Manatoulin from Edmonton to Ottawa depot to depot. Reasonable price and no problems.

#13587 3 years ago

Day & Ross picked up two games from me, at my house on April 26th.
I guess it depends on where you are and where it's going.

#13588 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Can always ship from a business dock or home.

#13589 3 years ago

Metallica LED Pro For sale. HUO, I bought it NIB. Has shaker and snake mods. Under 500 plays, will consider trades for Bally/Williams, or 7500 Canadian pesos.

#13590 3 years ago
Quoted from ballykissfan:

pinballjah There's a depot in Regina...

Thanks, I will give them a call to see if they can ship to Mississauga or Barrie.

#13591 3 years ago

Hello,

I have a HUO Stranger Things Pro in Vancouver, BC.

Looking to trade for a Guardians of the Galaxy Pro in similar condition.

Thanks!

#13592 3 years ago

Nice Last Action Hero $4000. I can pack and pallet if necessary. Shipping available at buyers expense.

#13593 3 years ago

Bell Ringer, fully working with ticket dispenser. $500.

#13594 3 years ago
Quoted from blowback1976:

Bell Ringer, fully working with ticket dispenser. $500.

Sold pending pick up.

#13595 3 years ago

Will have a Rocky & Bullwinkle available for sale/trade in the next few weeks. Will be asking $3500 or trade + cash for one of the following Stern Pros: Munters, Black Knight SOR, Deadpool, Star Wars, Game of Thrones, Ghostbusters, Aerosmith, Iron Maiden.

Game has new backglass and plastics from CPR, old ones included. New legs and side rails, inside art blades, Cointaker LED kit, TNT battery board, new Nell Log stepper motor with LCD read out, rebuilt flippers, rebuilt VUKs, new WABAC ramp, cliffy protectors, updated game ROMs. New cabinet decals also included. Game is fully working. Just waiting for a few parts to show up before it goes out the door.

Any questions, just ask.

#13596 3 years ago
Quoted from blowback1976:

Will have a Rocky & Bullwinkle available for sale/trade in the next few weeks. Will be asking $3500 or trade + cash for one of the following Stern Pros: Munters, Black Knight SOR, Deadpool, Star Wars, Game of Thrones, Ghostbusters, Aerosmith, Iron Maiden.
Game has new backglass and plastics from CPR, old ones included. New legs and side rails, inside art blades, Cointaker LED kit, TNT battery board, new Nell Log stepper motor with LCD read out, rebuilt flippers, rebuilt VUKs, new WABAC ramp, cliffy protectors, updated game ROMs. New cabinet decals also included. Game is fully working. Just waiting for a few parts to show up before it goes out the door.
Any questions, just ask.

R&B is sold.

#13597 3 years ago

Your on a role Tony....what next up for sale? lol

#13598 3 years ago
Quoted from Stretch7:

Your on a role Tony....what next up for sale? lol

Lol, need to buy more before selling more.

#13599 3 years ago

HUO Stern Stranger Things for sale $7500 CAD.

Or trade for Guardians Pro, Munsters Pro (even trade) or Stern Batman, DI Standard or Wonka standard plus cash to you.

May consider other trades, PM me your offer. Prefer newer LCD games. Thanks!

#13600 3 years ago

Hi guys! Just made a video talking about advices for the first pinball machine. Maybe it could help some of the users of this topic.
Hope you like it. Seeya!

There are 24,776 posts in this topic. You are on page 272 of 496.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-in-canada-have-any-pins-they-want-to-sell/page/272?hl=indusguys and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.