(Topic ID: 76928)

Anybody in Canada have any pins they want to sell?

By Spencer

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,774 posts
  • 703 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 36 minutes ago by Hershy
  • Topic is favorited by 432 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DumbnDumber (resized).jpg
111111 (resized).jpg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (resized).jpeg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (1) (resized).jpeg
L1000528 (resized).JPG
L1000531 edit (resized).jpg
L1000537 edit (resized).jpg
L1000539 edit (resized).jpg
L1000540 (resized).JPG
L1000542 (resized).JPG
L1000543 (resized).JPG
L1000544 edit (resized).jpg
L1000548 (resized).JPG
L1000549 (resized).JPG
L1000545 (resized).JPG
L1000526 (resized).JPG
There are 24,774 posts in this topic. You are on page 271 of 496.
#13501 3 years ago

I know I'd pay that. Especially if there's no clearcoat chipping.

#13502 3 years ago

What's a Beatles Pro worth? Just curious. Doubt anyone is selling, don't recall seeing one for sale.

#13503 3 years ago
Quoted from Edster:

What's a Beatles Pro worth? Just curious. Doubt anyone is selling, don't recall seeing one for sale.

Because there isnt one. They called them I think silver, gold and platinum editions. They are all the same game with different trimmings but I believe premium price point was the start for silver.

#13504 3 years ago

Think Batman 66
Premium
LE
Super LE

#13505 3 years ago

Yea whatever the entry level is. I can't follow Stern's BS naming anymore

#13506 3 years ago
Quoted from Edster:

Yea whatever the entry level is. I can't follow Stern's BS naming anymore

7-8k canadian second hand , i know player one has golds NIB which are the entry level game for I think $9200 Can plus taxes

#13507 3 years ago
Quoted from luch:

7-8k canadian , i know player one has golds which are the entry level game for I think $9200 Can plus taxes

Not when I checked a couple of months ago. They were well over $10k delivered to Alberta. More where taxes are higher.

I don't imagine you'd see a used game less than $9k.

#13508 3 years ago
Quoted from Willathrilla:

Not when I checked a couple of months ago. They were well over $10k delivered to Alberta. More where taxes are higher.
I don't imagine you'd see a used game less than $9k.

Alberta pricing is different then Toronto GTA pricing , i was quoting HUO not retail , and yes P1 was 9200 plus HST 13%

#13509 3 years ago

I know that P1 has at least three of the them NIB as they were going to bring them to YEGPIN, I would call them for pricing.

Quoted from Edster:

#13510 3 years ago

Does anyone in Regina have a white nylon flipper bushing for a modern Stern? A WMS bushing is too short.

Rob

edit: Got one, thanks Shaun!

Rob

#13511 3 years ago

I’ve heard whisperings of nib gold Beatles in America for around 6500usd. Retail is 8000usd.

Pretty sure if a guy pushed hard enough he could get a good price on one.

Old dead stock and the distributors already made their investment back on the diamond and platinum sales, the golds are just the gravy on top.

Haven’t been there in a while but nitro had a few golds left recently. Not sure now though.

#13512 3 years ago
Quoted from luch:

Alberta pricing is different then Toronto GTA pricing , i was quoting HUO not retail , and yes P1 was 9200 plus HST 13%

So $10.4k nib. $7-8k HUO? Not a chance.

$9k HUO would be a steal. It's a great game.

#13513 3 years ago
Quoted from Willathrilla:

So $10.4k nib. $7-8k HUO? Not a chance.
$9k HUO would be a steal. It's a great game.

Yes we get you own one.

#13514 3 years ago

Beatles has taken a beating on resale.

Distros are desperate to sell any remaining stock. Most have golds readily available and discounted. As stated p1 had it listed for public at 9200. Add to that a discount for local clubs.

If you check the market here on pinside, they are not moving, even the ones who are $2k+ below competitive machines.

Trims were gold, platinum, diamond.

All 3 available nib, and they just don't sell well.

I'm half looking for one, but not for a premium price.

Missed out on a sub 10k platinum locally. Though, not upset I didnt get it. Lots of other options in that price range that are just better.

#13515 3 years ago

Wish someone would’ve sent me links to all of the 7k Beatles Gold out there before I bought mine a few days ago. Depreciated faster than my covid hit RRSP.

#13516 3 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Distros are desperate to sell any remaining stock. Most have golds readily available and discounted. As stated p1 had it listed for public at 9200. Add to that a discount for local clubs.
If you check the market here on pinside, they are not moving, even the ones who are $2k+ below competitive machines.
Missed out on a sub 10k platinum locally. Though, not upset I didnt get it. Lots of other options in that price range that are just better.

I have a friend who really wanted a Beatles themed pin, just not the one Stern released. I'd rather have almost any other modern Stern than a Beatles, except maybe Whoa Nellie and its derivatives.

Rob

#13517 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I have a friend who really wanted a Beatles themed pin, just not the one Stern released. I'd rather have almost any other modern Stern than a Beatles, except maybe Whoa Nellie and its derivatives.
Rob

I don’t have many games on all the even newish stern pros, but I got some on a Beatles and holy, did I want to keep hitting the start button. It was a blast.

#13518 3 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I just searched Facebook marketplace and put pinball in the search bar.

Thanks dirkdiggler and Dee-Bow for the lead on an RCT. I don’t really go on Facebook, and it wouldn’t let me search outside of a 200km radius from any city I picked. Without your link, I would never have seen it. Seems a bit expensive, and was difficult to gauge condition.

#13519 3 years ago

That RCT is quite expensive. I just traded mine before the Covid shit for a Frankenstein.

But the real question, are you sure you want an RCT? I thought I'll liked it being a Pat Lawlor game and having some good ramp and wireform action, but the truth was that it sucked even after replacing the original troll with an ultimate Trump troll! A positive point though was that it was quite easy to start the wizard mode!

Cheers

#13520 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Rob

Could always try to find an EM for him.

Beat time was 'kind of' Beatles themed.

Err.. bootles

https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/beat-time

#13521 3 years ago
Quoted from ibenaiah:

Thanks dirkdiggler and dee-bow for the lead on an RCT. I don’t really go on Facebook, and it wouldn’t let me search outside of a 200km radius from any city I picked. Without your link, I would never have seen it. Seems a bit expensive, and was difficult to gauge condition.

I find the marketplace area search weird anyways. I have North Battleford, SK as my main location and a 150km search on. When I type a word like arcade or pinball I get results from up to 1000 km away. Calgary, Regina, northern Alberta. Saves you going into each region for searches I guess.

And yeah, way over priced without cdmd and the fact that you'd have to add on shipping to that price.

#13522 3 years ago
Quoted from DodgeThatOne:

That RCT is quite expensive. I just traded mine before the Covid shit for a Frankenstein.
But the real question, are you sure you want an RCT? I thought I'll liked it being a Pat Lawlor game and having some good ramp and wireform action, but the truth was that it sucked even after replacing the original troll with an ultimate Trump troll! A positive point though was that it was quite easy to start the wizard mode!
Cheers

Thanks @dodgethatone, I used to play RCT with my wife in a small arcade on the way home from work. Seemed fun back then... that’s the only reason I want it. I’m sure it hasn’t held up very well... strictly nostalgia.

#13523 3 years ago

Thanks for the info. I'll keep an eye out for an HUO. Not wanting to pay the premium for NiB

Quoted from Meegis:

#13524 3 years ago
Quoted from ibenaiah:

Thanks dodgethatone, I used to play RCT with my wife in a small arcade on the way home from work. Seemed fun back then... that’s the only reason I want it. I’m sure it hasn’t held up very well... strictly nostalgia.

My buddy picked one up about a year ago, and we've really enjoyed it. I feel its held up well, as long as you go in knowing its not a deep game code wise. There's lots of shots to go for, and the theme, music, etc has held up well I feel. We both have young families too, so having another pin that our kids all like gives it extra points too. He paid right around $4000 for it, so I feel if you can get one for around that, you won't be disappointed.

#13525 3 years ago

Seriously though, how does one find the 7-8k CDn HUO Beatles? Is that a hard data number or a “how much I would pay for one” number?

I don’t see any history of sales like that here or on pinrev. I see evidence of some selling around 6k USD on market history on here (Pinside est value is 6300), which is more than 8400 after posted exchange (add another couple percentage points for bank fees) and doesn’t include any shipping or tax.

I felt like I got a decent deal on the one I just bought given the research I did at the time, but now I figure I missed something or there is a secret society pinball market I am not privy to.

Buying/selling a pinball machine is starting to feel like buying/selling a car. All bullshit and manipulation and zero amount of fun

#13526 3 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Seriously though, how does one find the 7-8k CDn HUO Beatles? Is that a hard data number or a “how much I would pay for one” number?
I don’t see any history of sales like that here or on pinrev. I see evidence of some selling around 6k USD on market history on here (Pinside est value is 6300), which is more than 8400 after posted exchange (add another couple percentage points for bank fees) and doesn’t include any shipping or tax.
I felt like I got a decent deal on the one I just bought given the research I did at the time, but now I figure I missed something or there is a secret society pinball market I am not privy to.
Buying/selling a pinball machine is starting to feel like buying/selling a car. All bullshit and manipulation and zero amount of fun

In the end it doesn't really matter how much you paid. Did you feel it was a fair price? Are you enjoying the game?

The fact remains that this is not a game that sells well. They are sitting NIB in a bunch of distributor's stores/warehouses in the US and Canada. They will continue getting discounted until they sell.

The only issue you will run into is when you get bored of it and want to sell/trade it may be difficult to get what you feel is a 'reasonable value' since NIB can still be had, possibly with significant discounts...

Just enjoy the game.

#13527 3 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

At least you have the benefit of living in Calgary, I wish I lived there I would be trading games a lot more often.

I am also looking for a secret society of local Lethbridge collectors who want to trade New titles locally. Please PM me if you are interested.

#13528 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

In the end it doesn't really matter how much you paid. Did you feel it was a fair price? Are you enjoying the game?

The fact remains that this is not a game that sells well. They are sitting NIB in a bunch of distributor's stores/warehouses in the US and Canada. They will continue getting discounted until they sell.

The only issue you will run into is when you get bored of it and want to sell/trade it may be difficult to get what you feel is a 'reasonable value' since NIB can still be had, possibly with significant discounts...

Just enjoy the game.

Of course it matters what I paid. Whether or not I got a fair price is the exact point. I don't know anyone who enjoys feeling like they overpaid for something. Not looking for a philosophical debate though, looking for the data behind this:

Quoted from luch:

7-8k canadian second hand , i know player one has golds NIB which are the entry level game for I think $9200 Can plus taxes

When a community member asks what the prices would be, and someone tosses out that number, it sets an expectation that unless you are getting an HUO Beatles Gold for 7-8k you are getting shafted. My question remains, is this a real number and if so, based on what? Feelings? A deal that someone heard about from their second cousin? Multiple deals in the GTA area in that range?

I know I am coming off a bit salty (cause I am feeling a bit salty), but really just looking to improve my pricing methodologies, set out to learn any secret handshakes, whatever so I can get better deals in the future.

Thanks.

#13529 3 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

I have never seen one or heard of a Beatles selling for $7K CDN in Canada. I have never seen one or heard of a HUO one being listed on PBRev or here on Pinside or on Kijiji in Canada. That isn't to say it didn't happen of course... as others are far more connected than my memory of the public sites but put me firmly in the camp of there is no such thing as a $7K CDN HUO Beatles in Canada.

And a HUO JP has to be $7K+ all day long, I own one so throw that bias in, I paid $7,200 in March for it, no chipping or pooling that I can see on it.

#13530 3 years ago

Yea, but things happen. Look at RZ or Houdini. Those games lost huge in value. Most new games don't hold value like an old classic but getting those are becoming out of reach for most these days.

It's like anything in life, the more motivation you have to buy, the less of a deal you are bound to get. The best deals I have gotten are on games that I was prepared to walk away from or was not actively looking for. I agree no one like overpaying for anything.

Quoted from paul_8788:

Of course it matters what I paid. Whether or not I got a fair price is the exact point. I don't know anyone who enjoys feeling like they overpaid for something. Not looking for a philosophical debate though, looking for the data behind this:

When a community member asks what the prices would be, and someone tosses out that number, it sets an expectation that unless you are getting an HUO Beatles Gold for 7-8k you are getting shafted. My question remains, is this a real number and if so, based on what? Feelings? A deal that someone heard about from their second cousin? Multiple deals in the GTA area in that range?
I know I am coming off a bit salty (cause I am feeling a bit salty), but really just looking to improve my pricing methodologies, set out to learn any secret handshakes, whatever so I can get better deals in the future.
Thanks.

#13531 3 years ago
Quoted from Edster:

Yea, but things happen. Look at RZ or Houdini. Those games lost huge in value. Most new games don't hold value like an old classic but getting those are becoming out of reach for most these days.

It's like anything in life, the more motivation you have to buy, the less of a deal you are bound to get. The best deals I have gotten are on games that I was prepared to walk away from or was not actively looking for. I agree no one like overpaying for anything.

I get market value dropping on some pins. I have felt that pain on multiple occasions (shakes his fist at Avengers LE) and it is something I expect every time I buy a pin. Not one of those folks who expects pins to be constantly appreciating.

However buying a pin and then being informed via the interwebz *days* (not weeks/months/years) later that I may have seriously miscalculated the value of the pin has me asking questions.

Sorry to have taken the thread so far off topic. Will stop now.

#13532 3 years ago

Agree Ed, but there are examples of both those games selling... and sitting on the Canadian market so throwing a price out with public information is easy enough to do. I just don't remembering seeing Beatles getting listed anywhere to determine a value. $7K just doesn't seem like a thing.

#13533 3 years ago

Yea i hear you. If I could find one for $7k I would buy it right away. $10k+, don't think so.

Quoted from roar:

Agree Ed, but there are examples of both those games selling... and sitting on the Canadian market so throwing a price out with public information is easy enough to do. I just don't remembering seeing Beatles getting listed anywhere to determine a value. $7K just doesn't seem like a thing.

#13534 3 years ago

I always take ballpark pricing with a grain of salt... at best the information is harmless at worst it is reckless. I don't see anyone reading this who may be thinking of selling their Beatles all of sudden inspired to sell at $7K so I'd chalk this one up as harmless. I hope I'm wrong though, cause I'd love for Ed to score a $7K Beatles

#13535 3 years ago

Quoted from roar:

I always take ballpark pricing with a grain of salt... at best the information is harmless at worst it is reckless. I don't see anyone reading this who may be thinking of selling their Beatles all of sudden inspired to sell at $7K so I'd chalk this one up as harmless. I hope I'm wrong though, cause I'd love for Ed to score a $7K Beatles

#13536 3 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

I get market value dropping on some pins. I have felt that pain on multiple occasions (shakes his fist at Avengers LE) and it is something I expect every time I buy a pin. Not one of those folks who expects pins to be constantly appreciating.
However buying a pin and then being informed via the interwebz *days* (not weeks/months/years) later that I may have seriously miscalculated the value of the pin has me asking questions.
Sorry to have taken the thread so far off topic. Will stop now.

It's all just average demand. Beatles has had low demand, so most assume prices should be lower. All I can see with your purchase is that you might have to wait a bit longer to sell at the price you want. It's like real estate: don't freak out when your house doesn't sell in a week. I thought I got into the pinball market way too late, but it's gone crazy since then. However, I do see a severe downturn coming. Who knows though. Pinheads seem to be driven by an unfettered, curious desire to acquire overpriced toys however they can. But RCT for 5k? ugh...

#13537 3 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

At least you have the benefit of living in Calgary, I wish I lived there I would be trading games a lot more often.
I am also looking for a secret society of local Lethbridge collectors who want to trade New titles locally. Please PM me if you are interested.

No secret society that I know about unfortunately. I think there's about four active owners in town and most sit on their games long term. We used to have a league with about 20 members, with about half actively participating in all events. I've been thinking of starting that thing back up when Covid goes away, but location pinball sucks here. The machines are never rotated, and they're broken half the time. Maybe we could do a route setup like they did at the Trap in Calgary? I have a big tournament (16-30 ppl, depending) about every three months if you're interested. PM me your FB, and I'll add you to the invite list. I'd be interested in temp trades in the future and might be selling a few to make room.

#13538 3 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Of course it matters what I paid. Whether or not I got a fair price is the exact point. I don't know anyone who enjoys feeling like they overpaid for something.
Thanks.

I totally understand. I do feel like Geographical location matters a LOT. I don’t even mean us/can or east-vs west here. Even Toronto-Mtl-Ottawa has very disparate pricing for the same titles. Definitely a “local” phenomenon it seems.

Didn’t mean to come off as a db. It Just doesn’t sound like you overpaid. Most likely You just paid around market value and didn’t get as much of a deal as you thought? Been there and done that too...

Kinda shocked about the 7k JP though. Game is still in production and selling like hot cakes. Seems odd it goes so cheap on the used market. Yes I have one lol.

#13539 3 years ago

We all overpaid for every single pin we own, in one way or another. Welcome to the hobby. It never gets easier, it only gets harder.

#13540 3 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

I wish it was that cheap. 12000 us to cad is 17000 canadain plus tax at the boarder more like 19000

If you're dropping 17k on a toy, what's 2k more at that point?

#13541 3 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

You just need the secret password to get in the club. The secret password is....

#13542 3 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

You just need the secret password to get in the club. The secret password is....

#13543 3 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

We all overpaid for every single pin we own, in one way or another. Welcome to the hobby. It never gets easier, it only gets harder.

You didn't overpay for TWD LE.

#13544 3 years ago

Topic is in fire, 43 new posts...not a damn machine listed in the bunch.

Anybody have a machine they want to sell?

#13545 3 years ago

lol i seen that....figured it exploded with sales

#13546 3 years ago

Well let's sell something, world cup soccer 94. Great machine. Priced to sell. 3995$

Please view this ad:

worlcup soccer pinball machine,
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-toys-games/edmonton/worlcup-soccer-pinball-machine/1500685703?utm_source=com.google.android.apps.docs&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=socialbuttons&utm_content=app_android

Price: $ 3,995

Download the application from the Google Play Store.
https://tinyurl.com/9x9f4jd

#13547 3 years ago

Holy wildfire. I didn't expect a frenzy to erupt, but I feel like some people are running with it.

In short, look at pinside ads (USD of course)

Current: gold pricing from $6-6.5k, most not selling.... Platinum $7.5-10k, diamond, some crazy high, one as low as $12.5k (imagine how the people who spent $25k feel)

Archive: keep in mind the exchange was closer to 1.32-1.35 when these were selling

Golda were all $6-6.3k, but most say not sold, the ones that did are listed at $6300 or less and prefer not to say sale price (so you can assume less than asking)

There was a couple that sold closer to $5500. Using the pre pandemic math, you're in the $7's

If p1 has it listed at 9200 + tax, but offers a local club discount, you are in the mid to high 8s. They are still sitting on nib units.

The list price in usd is $7999, but a handful of machines are listed at $6200-6500 asking. So call it $1800 usd below new unit.

It's the reality of the game unfortunately.

As I said, id to own one.......eventually. I'm happy to wait for it though.

#13548 3 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Holy wildfire. I didn't expect a frenzy to erupt, but I feel like some people are running with it.
In short, look at pinside ads (USD of course)
Current: gold pricing from $6-6.5k, most not selling.... Platinum $7.5-10k, diamond, some crazy high, one as low as $12.5k (imagine how the people who spent $25k feel)
Archive: keep in mind the exchange was closer to 1.32-1.35 when these were selling
Golda were all $6-6.3k, but most say not sold, the ones that did are listed at $6300 or less and prefer not to say sale price (so you can assume less than asking)
There was a couple that sold closer to $5500. Using the pre pandemic math, you're in the $7's
If p1 has it listed at 9200 + tax, but offers a local club discount, you are in the mid to high 8s. They are still sitting on nib units.
The list price in usd is $7999, but a handful of machines are listed at $6200-6500 asking. So call it $1800 usd below new unit.
It's the reality of the game unfortunately.
As I said, id to own one.......eventually. I'm happy to wait for it though.

well said ! bravo !

#13549 3 years ago

I'm looking to buy the following games if anyone has one for sale in or around the GTA. Preferably west end near Oakville/Burlington/Hamilton. They must be at least in good working condition with no playfield wear. Just let me know your price and location.

1972 Williams Olympic Hockey
1980 Williams Firepower
1988 Williams Taxi (Marilyn version)
2019 Stern Jurassic Park (Pro or Premium)

Thanks!

#13550 3 years ago
Quoted from luch:

well said ! bravo !

I agree with most of what Meegis posted. It is a bit of a straw man though as I don't think anyone was saying Beatles Gold sells at list price, especially used. My problem is you stated it was 7-8k. Basic math does not support that.

I tend to price things out from what it would reasonably cost me to bring it up from the US. For me that would include shipping and brokerage fees, but let's not include that for simplicity. I am going to use today's exchange rates. Maybe some people have USD in the bank they have purchased cheaper, whatever, going by what "Joe Regular" would have access to right now. From TD's site, that is 1.44 when buying US currency.

Scenario 1 - Assuming $5500.00 Beatles Gold (Meegis low)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
5500 * 1.44 = 7920. Add in another 5% here (13% out east) you are looking at $8300-$8949 to bring one up.

Scenario 2 - Assuming $6300.00 Beatles Gold (Pinside "price")
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
6300 * 1.44 = 9072. Add in taxes you are looking at 9500-10250

So range would be $8300 to $9500 to bring one in to Alberta (again not including any shipping/brokerage costs), $8900 to $10200 for out East, most likely somewhere in the middle is where the majority of deals would be at this point in time. Even the extra special "local club" deal you guys can get from P1 is going to put you at 9600 to 10000 theoretically for a NIB once you take tax into account.

If you can get one for $7k-8k like you stated you are definitely getting one hell of a deal, just feels like a number not based in any kind of reality. Of course if exchange swings these numbers change dramatically. If we go up to par then we will all be swimming in pins. Until then I just focus on the what is.

There are 24,774 posts in this topic. You are on page 271 of 496.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-in-canada-have-any-pins-they-want-to-sell/page/271?hl=mrmikeman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.