(Topic ID: 76928)

Anybody in Canada have any pins they want to sell?

By Spencer

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DumbnDumber (resized).jpg
111111 (resized).jpg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (resized).jpeg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (1) (resized).jpeg
L1000528 (resized).JPG
L1000531 edit (resized).jpg
L1000537 edit (resized).jpg
L1000539 edit (resized).jpg
L1000540 (resized).JPG
L1000542 (resized).JPG
L1000543 (resized).JPG
L1000544 edit (resized).jpg
L1000548 (resized).JPG
L1000549 (resized).JPG
L1000545 (resized).JPG
L1000526 (resized).JPG
There are 24,767 posts in this topic. You are on page 263 of 496.
#13101 4 years ago

It all depends on the boarder guard, just be very well prepared (Listing, email transactions, bank statements, pictures, communications with seller, any proof of price) and don't try to lie about the price (a written note from the seller is not enough), they will look up eBay pricing if they don't believe you.

#13102 4 years ago

Hst on what the border guy thinks you paid , or what you can make him believe even if you tell him the truth , make sure you keep all correspondence with the seller and money transfer paper trail .

#13103 4 years ago

Like the other Mike above says !

#13104 4 years ago

I had a horrible experience bringing a pin across. You get the wrong guy on the wrong day and it can really suck. Like others have said be prepared with everything you can imagine and more.

#13105 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I had a horrible experience bringing a pin across. You get the wrong guy on the wrong day and it can really suck. Like others have said be prepared with everything you can imagine and more.

take it that you didn't enjoy the full body cavity search?

#13106 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I know its.been brought up plenty of times but what kind of drama or fees could one expect bringing a less expensive pin across from the states? I have several games in the 2-4k (cdn) range that I'd like that pop up much more frequently in the US listings. I've always ignored them and stuck to Canadian listings but I can see myself making a couple summer drives down south this year. Thanks in advance for any feedback.

13% tax on amount on your receipt. Have evidence to support it and you are good. I likely brought over 8 games in last couple years.

Shadow/Dr Who/Genie/WPT/Gnr x 2/Pistol Poker

#13107 4 years ago
Quoted from mcuzz:

It all depends on the boarder guard, just be very well prepared (Listing, email transactions, bank statements, pictures, communications with seller, any proof of price) and don't try to lie about the price (a written note from the seller is not enough), they will look up eBay pricing if they don't believe you.

Funny, I would say 80% of the time they haven’t even asked what game I bought. Never had a guard look at a game in my car.

#13108 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I know its.been brought up plenty of times but what kind of drama or fees could one expect bringing a less expensive pin across from the states? I have several games in the 2-4k (cdn) range that I'd like that pop up much more frequently in the US listings. I've always ignored them and stuck to Canadian listings but I can see myself making a couple summer drives down south this year. Thanks in advance for any feedback.

No matter what you bring, get a reciept, convert that to canadain and you pay the 13% Ontario hst on it.

#13109 4 years ago

I’ve brought several games over. Pretty standard. 13% on cdn value. Have receipt with name and number of seller. They will research the title to check value. Don’t let darscot scare you, that was just one time bad luck.

#13110 4 years ago

You will pay the HST on the Canadian value as determined by the exchange rate at the boarder... so if you buy discounted US prepare to pay a couple of more cents on the dollar than then you paid for your US cash.

#13111 4 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

I’ve brought several games over. Pretty standard. 13% on cdn value. Have receipt with name and number of seller. They will research the title to check value. Don’t let darscot scare you, that was just one time bad luck.

I think this is completely fair and don’t put weight on one bad experience out of hundreds of great ones.

#13112 4 years ago

JJP POTC SE
original owner huo. 16000 cdn. has a couple of mods. 270 games lifetime. pics amd video available upon request.

monkey on black pearl
railing on dauntless
cliffys
disk silencer( not installed)
cannon mod
head phone jack
dog on barrel
Kraken
Stern gold collect switch

#13113 4 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I was offered a kiss premium last summer for 8k and my buddy sold a routed pro for $6500 recently. They were selling for 5k not that long ago. Maybe the new code made it popular again?

I guess we should only ever buy Sterns until they've been out for 2+ years

#13114 4 years ago

Thanks for all the feedback guys.
If taxes go in my favour this year maybe I can pick up a couple old SS games this summer.

#13115 4 years ago
Quoted from thc666:

JJP POTC SE
original owner huo. 16000 cdn. has a couple of mods. 270 games lifetime. pics amd video available upon request.
monkey on black pearl
railing on dauntless
cliffys
cannon mod
head phone jack
dog on barrel
Kraken

Was there 3 models of this game?

Do you recall what retail was?

The difference on models was just cosmetic? Or extra game play?

#13116 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

I guess we should only ever buy Sterns until they've been out for 2+ years

This actually would be a pretty good strategy lol with the odd exception.

Kiss actually isn’t that bad now with the new code. A solid average game.

#13117 4 years ago
Quoted from thc666:

JJP POTC SE
monkey on black pearl
railing on dauntless
cliffys
cannon mod
head phone jack
dog on barrel
Kraken

there were 3 models Collectors 200 made limited edition 650 made and standard edition 150 made game play is very similar on all 3 models

#13118 4 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:Was there 3 models of this game?
Do you recall what retail was?
The difference on models was just cosmetic? Or extra game play?

8.5k USD for standard.

Looks like a 5kCAD markup. Ouch.

#13119 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

8.5k USD for standard.

Not so much with tax. My le was 15k all in.

#13120 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

8.5k USD for standard.

8500 usd is 11500 Canadian ad 13% tax is 13k. Not really sure where you are seeing 5k markup.

Plus all the mods and these are all selling above NIB as they are rare.

#13121 4 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

8500 usd is 11500 Canadian ad 13% tax is 13k. Not really sure where you are seeing 5k markup.
Plus all the mods and these are all selling above NIB as they are rare.

Yup.

#13122 4 years ago

Yeah the price actually seems to be fmv. Wish I bought one nib in hindsight.

Oh well see how gnr looks

#13124 4 years ago

Yeah I’m pretty curious about turtles too. Could be some very cool stuff

#13125 4 years ago

Probably listing my Xenon.
Nicest one I’ve seen.
PM if interested.

#13126 4 years ago

Has a new turtles pin been officially confirmed?

#13127 4 years ago

Kiss Pro sold for $8k. Will keep looking at those prices. Rather buy a NIB IM for this amount. Found a routed Kiss in the US for $4,100US.

#13128 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Kiss Pro sold for $8k. Will keep looking at those prices. Rather buy a NIB IM for this amount. Found a routed Kiss in the US for $4,100US.

I had a friend just get a quote on a NIB stern with leauge discount it was 8400 tax in not shipped.

#13129 4 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

I had a friend just get a quote on a NIB stern with leauge discount it was 8400 tax in not shipped.

If that's Player One, they've either bumped their price up a few hundred or he didnt get the lowest price yet. My league price for Maiden was $7190+tax ($8,125) during Christmas of 2018. (Delivered)
I'd heard prices had been bumped by $100 for 2020 but that's closer to $300.

#13130 4 years ago

Duplicate post Oops

#13131 4 years ago

I've been keeping an eye on this silly kijiji listing. It's reasonable now but it was listed at 6k, then went to 5.5k, then jumped up to 7k, back down to 6k and now he at 4.5k
It's been a fun ride lol.
I sure do wish Centaur 2 didnt have that ugly cabinet though. 2 is so much more affordable than a 6k proper Centaur.

#13133 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

If that's Player One, they've either bumped their price up a few hundred or he didnt get the lowest price yet. My league price for Maiden was $7190+tax ($8,125) during Christmas of 2018. (Delivered)
I'd heard prices had been bumped by $100 for 2020 but that's closer to $300.

As our dollar goes down price goes up. And our dollar is down.

#13134 4 years ago

Dialed In LE (DILE)
HUO - Original Owner
No issues or damage
$10K CAD (FIRM)
Prefer Local Sale (Vancouver)

#13135 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I've been keeping an eye on this silly kijiji listing. It's reasonable now but it was listed at 6k, then went to 5.5k, then jumped up to 7k, back down to 6k and now he at 4.5k
It's been a fun ride lol.
I sure do wish Centaur 2 didnt have that ugly cabinet though. 2 is so much more affordable than a 6k proper Centaur.

This was my old CII. For the record, it's very nice!

#13136 4 years ago
Quoted from sixtyfourbits:

Has a new turtles pin been officially confirmed?

no nothing yet.... but man oh man I cant wait to throw my money away on a NIB stern... gonna be worth it this time!

#13137 4 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Yup it's a bit of a blood bath on the market..

#13138 4 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

No, I mean all these price adjustments have been in the last 3 weeks lol. But yeah, stupid dollar

#13139 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

No, I mean all these price adjustments have been in the last 3 weeks lol. But yeah, stupid dollar

I dont understand where 3 weeks come from.

You only quoted a price from 2018

#13140 4 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

I dont understand where 3 weeks come from.
You only quoted a price from 2018

Sorry for the confusion. I didnt see who had posted the response, skimmed it and thought it was in reference to the Centaur I mentioned. Carry on lol

#13141 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Sorry for the confusion. I didnt see who had posted the response, skimmed it and thought it was in reference to the Centaur I mentioned. Carry on lol

Oh ya that centaur guy is a idiot

#13142 4 years ago

centaur guy is allover with pricing up down then up again i think his 4500 is the lowest i've seen

#13143 4 years ago
Quoted from c2scanada:

Dialed In LE (DILE)
HUO - Original Owner
No issues or damage
$10K CAD (FIRM)
Prefer Local Sale (Vancouver)

Wow! That is a really good price! I would have picked that up had I been more patient. My DI came with a Crap tonne of mods I value so i have that going for me. Good luck!

#13144 4 years ago
#13145 4 years ago

Grand Prix is on hold and off the market, thanks for all the interest.

Quoted from pins4life33:

We have a Williams Grand Prix 1976 EM available for purchase. It has a rough backglass, the playfield is okay but has been touched up, right now there are a couple of issues that need be addressed with it such as the scoops not registering points, all in all it will be a players machine once it is up and running. We would sell as is right now if someone is looking tinker with it to get it playing. Feel free to PM me, can send pictures if anyone is interested the price will be reflect the condition and non-working status.

#13146 4 years ago

I can do this pin shipped anywhere in Canada . Will wrap and palletize and send collect if you want a better price 4750. super clean PF is 9/10 cabinet is real clean as well 8.5/10

#13147 4 years ago
Quoted from luch:

centaur guy is allover with pricing up down then up again i think his 4500 is the lowest i've seen

Up to 5k again lol.
What's the consensus on a Centaur 2? About 4k? I know there is a lot of hate for those cabinets making them WAY cheaper than a "proper" Centaur

#13148 4 years ago

yes in the toronto market , around 4k

#13149 4 years ago
Quoted from luch:

yes in the toronto market , around 4k

While I have your attention (you seem to keep a close eye on the markets) What would be a fair price for a players Black Knight these days? (the original)
There was a nice one on kijiji for $1,600 but it sold immediately. 2k?

There are 24,767 posts in this topic. You are on page 263 of 496.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-in-canada-have-any-pins-they-want-to-sell/page/263?hl=localspeedshop and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.