(Topic ID: 76928)

Anybody in Canada have any pins they want to sell?

By Spencer

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,781 posts
  • 703 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 20 minutes ago by Pin_Fandango
  • Topic is favorited by 432 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DumbnDumber (resized).jpg
111111 (resized).jpg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (resized).jpeg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (1) (resized).jpeg
L1000528 (resized).JPG
L1000531 edit (resized).jpg
L1000537 edit (resized).jpg
L1000539 edit (resized).jpg
L1000540 (resized).JPG
L1000542 (resized).JPG
L1000543 (resized).JPG
L1000544 edit (resized).jpg
L1000548 (resized).JPG
L1000549 (resized).JPG
L1000545 (resized).JPG
L1000526 (resized).JPG
There are 24,781 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 496.
#1201 9 years ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

Yikes, the problem you have this is a real high end game and there are a low amount of people even interested in the title to begin with, your going to take at least a $500 - $1000 hit on this title. I would put it up and be hopeful one of the Edmonton or Calgary guys is interested. Could have went with STLE as that title is more family friendly and has much longer ball times...

Yes I totally understand. I took the chance on a NIB game that I have never played and at the end of the day if I have to keep it then that is fine. It will just not be a big hit with my family. Realistically a five hundred dollar loss for me puts the price at $8300.

#1202 9 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

I'll give you 7000.00,bring it down to me

Ouch. You negotiate like me.

#1203 9 years ago

7.5k if buying. 8.5k if selling.

#1204 9 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

I didn't get a quote, i just went to their web store and punched in the shipping details. Good to know that their quoted prices are cheaper.

For sure. Their prices are not final as you can negotiate. Also, if you are a repeat buyer they are better to deal with.

#1205 9 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

For sure. Their prices are not final as you can negotiate. Also, if you are a repeat buyer they are better to deal with.

Lets keep in mind that this is not the US and SB is the only supplier. SB does very little negotiating, even for repeat buyers.

#1206 9 years ago
Quoted from violinfather:

Thinking of selling my TWD LE. It is a great game but really it is not a hit at all in my current one pin home. My family and even guests just don't get long enough ball times so that they can really enjoy it. Any idea about the hit I will take, if any, now that I have had it for a couple of weeks.

You might do better looking for trades to see if you can swap that for one or two games that would be more suited to what you are after. Don't have to consider the $ so much then and you may get something you're really after

#1207 9 years ago

Golden Axe Arcade up for grabs. Cabinet has been painted solid black. Not sure what treasure paint job might be under that black paint. It's in pretty good shape.

Would like to trade this for a pin.

#1208 9 years ago

Anyone in sasky have a set of leg levellers they could part with. I need a set in less than 2 weeks. Assumed it would be easy to find in the hardware store. Not so.

#1209 9 years ago

Ok fellow Ontarians... i have a few parts ive replaced on my machines.
Space Shuttle backglass .. has some bad flaking at the bottom ....free
2 sets of legs with levelers (not bent but could use painting) ....free
Space Shuttle original ramp. (actually in pretty darn good shape except for a small wear spot on the upper area that could easily be filled....free
Space shuttle decals... missing one piece but other than that new.....free
F14 Blue Beacon top with a piece missing on one of the areas where one bolt goes in. Not noticeable at all when installed ... free
Some other various stuff for F14 and Space shuttle.

Pickup only and must be willing to have a beer and play a game or two before you leave..

#1210 9 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

You might do better looking for trades to see if you can swap that for one or two games that would be more suited to what you are after. Don't have to consider the $ so much then and you may get something you're really after

That is likely what I am going to do.

#1211 9 years ago

That is likely what I am going to do.

XMLE Magneto?

#1212 9 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Ok fellow Ontarians... i have a few parts ive replaced on my machines.
Space Shuttle backglass .. has some bad flaking at the bottom ....free
2 sets of legs with levelers (not bent but could use painting) ....free
Space Shuttle original ramp. (actually in pretty darn good shape except for a small wear spot on the upper area that could easily be filled....free
Space Shuttle decals... missing one piece but other than that new.....free
F14 Blue Beacon top with a piece missing on one of the areas where one bolt goes in. Not noticeable at all when installed ... free
Some other various stuff for F14 and Space Shuttle.

Oh, and one sheet of playfield glass. some scratches but totally usable.

#1213 9 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

Lets keep in mind that this is not the US and SB is the only supplier. SB does very little negotiating, even for repeat buyers.

I found that they would budge quite a bit off of msrp when I bought my first NIB from SB and even more on the second.

#1214 9 years ago
Quoted from RJW:

I found that they would budge quite a bit off of msrp when I bought my first NIB from SB and even more on the second.

What do you mean by "quite a bit off msrp". Can you give a percentage?

#1216 9 years ago

Still looking for a nice CFTBL! Anyone wants to part with one, let me know. Willing to pay a fair price for a nice example!

#1217 9 years ago

Shocked this wasn't answered.

#1218 9 years ago

I doubt it's the same for everyone, so there is no way to answer that question.

Buy a few and let us know how it goes!

#1219 9 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

I doubt it's the same for everyone, so there is no way to answer that question.
Buy a few and let us know how it goes!

Just seems like there is very little discount on NIB pins. I thought there would have been more margin for them to give a discount.

#1220 9 years ago

Just seems like there is very little discount on NIB pins. I thought there would have been more margin for them to give a discount.

There is some wiggle room. Become a regular customer, and there is more. It helps if you buy multiples of the same title.

#1221 9 years ago

There is a TON of wiggle room with the pro's and NO wiggle room at all with the LE's. That's been my experience anyway.

#1222 9 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

There is a TON of wiggle room with the pro's and NO wiggle room at all with the LE's. That's been my experience anyway.

No my experience at all.

#1223 9 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

No my experience at all.

They lower the price of LE's for you?

#1224 9 years ago

The main factor right now is the US dollar, right now it sucks so all NIB machines are going to be more expensive. I got a descent deal on my STLE from Starbust Montreal office but then again the dollar was good back then... I can tell you I phoned around to every distributor in Canada and there was a 300 difference between all of them so really in the end not much margin there for distributors to wiggle with to begin with...

#1225 9 years ago

PM me and we can chat.

#1226 9 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

Shocked this wasn't answered.

I've bought more than one NIB pin, so I'm a repeat customer, therefore I have some first hand
experience of what I'm talking about. I can tell you my second NIB was cheaper than the first
even though MSRP had gone up since the first purchase.

How many NIB pins have you bought?

Are you a repeat customer?

You must be since you seem to be so sure that there is no wiggle room in the price.

Otherwise I'm not sure why you would comment?

This is how rumours and incorrect information is spread.

#1227 9 years ago

I also believe that the title and the timing has a lot to do with the price.

I bought a first run Spiderman right after the software finally got completed.
Before the software was completed it wasn't a highly regarded game and my
particular game had sat at SB for a long time so I'm sure they were more flexible
on the price. Once the software was solidified the game became more popular
and the price went up and they ran it several times afterwards.

Same timing when I bought Tron, it wasn't exactly loved upon release.

Any way, just my 2 cents……. I mean nickel.

#1228 9 years ago
Quoted from RJW:

I've bought more than one NIB pin, so I'm a repeat customer, therefore I have some first hand
experience of what I'm talking about. I can tell you my second NIB was cheaper than the first
even though MSRP had gone up since the first purchase.
How many NIB pins have you bought?
Are you a repeat customer?
You must be since you seem to be so sure that there is no wiggle room in the price.
Otherwise I'm not sure why you would comment?
This is how rumours and incorrect information is spread.

Seem to have struck a nerve lol. Anyways... I didn't say there was no wiggle room, reading comprehension FTW.

You still didn't answer violinfathers direct question to you with any real numbers.

Guessing they also use tactics like "don't post your price in public". Thus my facetious remark regarding anyone giving actual percentages.

#1229 9 years ago

Who's got a nice Flintstones in Calgary?

#1230 9 years ago
Quoted from Hobbypinball:

Who's got a nice Flintstones in Calgary?

Check with pinsonly,I think Dave has one.

#1231 9 years ago

I don't have the dough for one... but I thought I'd ask given our recent banter about games coming in from the states.

Just throwing it out here... anyone know about the availability of America's Most Haunted in Canada. Is there a distributor? Anyone getting one? I'd love to but a NIB is not in the cards for me... probably ever.

#1232 9 years ago
Quoted from Pauz21:

anyone know about the availability of America's Most Haunted in Canada. Is there a distributor?

I contacted them about it, they are looking for a broker in Canada atm, but taking deposits. Said it might be around 150 days to get the pin up here. They will have their systems in place by the time they build your machine.

#1233 9 years ago

* I contacted KT at spooky pinball I mean. There was no mention of any distributor.

#1234 9 years ago
Quoted from Pauz21:

Just throwing it out here... anyone know about the availability of America's Most Haunted in Canada

I'm planning to bring one in. There is no distributor here, but Charlie gave me a great quote on shipping to my door. I just had to figure out a broker which was referenced here earlier. You could also have it delivered to the border for pickup, but the quote was great to get it to my door.

If all goes well it will ship by the end of the year, but they are only putting out 2-3 per week depending on how things go, so that could slip...but hopefully not .

If you are ever in Calgary and want to check it out, just let me know. Hopefully I'll have it!

#1235 9 years ago
Quoted from zero:

I'm planning to bring one in. There is no distributor here, but Charlie gave me a great quote on shipping to my door. I just had to figure out a broker which was referenced here earlier. You could also have it delivered to the border for pickup, but the quote was great to get it to my door.
If all goes well it will ship by the end of the year, but they are only putting out 2-3 per week depending on how things go, so that could slip...but hopefully not .
If you are ever in Calgary and want to check it out, just let me know. Hopefully I'll have it!

I definately wanna check it out. I'll be 100% honest, I don't always get the humor on the podcast but it's a really good informational podcast... I listen every month. and I've exchanged a number of emails with them and Charlie and KT are great people to deal with.

#1236 9 years ago

We are on the same page there . I listen pretty religiously to Nate on the Coast 2 Coast Podcast and the fact that he is buying one had me even more interested based on his reviews. I had been following the development for a while with Ben. Once we got to play it at Expo I was sold.

It wasn't the flashiest new game there, but it was really fun to play and I love the rules/depth. Some of the call outs were pretty great too. Nobody has hit the wizard mode yet and there are quite a few owners out there now.

#1237 9 years ago

I listen to Nate's show... but too be honest... sometimes I can't handle it. But, I spent 17 years in Radio so I guess I'm picky. Nate comes across a little too arrogant for me sometimes. Again... I still listen all the time to his show... but sometimes he's a little too much and I have to dump that episode.

I regularly listen to:

Spooky
Pinball Podcast
Coast to Coast... and just recently... started listening to Gameroom Junkies.

I'm not really an arcade guy but Gameroom Junkies talks plenty about pinball too and to be honest they're VERY polished. Again... radio guy coming out.

#1238 9 years ago

Thinking of selling my TWD LE. It is a great game but really it is not a hit at all in my current one pin home. My family and even guests just don't get long enough ball times so that they can really enjoy it. Any idea about the hit I will take, if any, now that I have had it for a couple of weeks.

Hmmm, I would think that for a one pin home shorter ball times would be better?? Particularly if you have a couple of friends over to check out the new pin, you would want everyone cycling through a 2,3 or4 person game.

I only have 2 pins and when I have friends over I play speed ball (no ball traps) to keep it moving!!

#1239 9 years ago

No ball traps,never thought of that,kinda like the one crystal ball mode in WOZ.That's very interesting,gotta try it.

#1240 9 years ago

This is basic sales. If you have a hot title and the company/sales rep is having a good month/quarter/year then there will be little wiggle room. BUT, if there is inventory sitting around, the month sucked for sales, management want to boost sales for the rep, then things can happen. And then there is exchange rate...

I got a great price on my STLE at the beginning of this year, but the stars aligned for me. Buying used through here or on pinball revolution is the way to go: you save on the tax and on 8k that's 1k. Nice F'in discount if money matters to you!!!!

#1241 9 years ago
Quoted from jms121:

No ball traps,never thought of that,kinda like the one crystal ball mode in WOZ.That's very interesting,gotta try it.

Kinda like speed golf when you want to get in a 3.5 hour round. No practice swings!! ...but keep the JD flowing!!

ball trap = getting control of the ball by trapping it with an actuated flipper. Totally slows a game down - imperative when trying to get a good score, but something i avoid when playing with non-pinhead friends....

#1242 9 years ago

Still looking for a nice CFTBL! Come on....someone must want to part with one!

#1243 9 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

Gerry has a few for sale from his container order.

#1244 9 years ago

Ya, I saw those and thanks for pointing that out. My concern with container pins....is they are very hit and miss, and if I should get a "miss", my tech skills are basically non-existent.....then I'd be screwed!

#1245 9 years ago

Any of you Canucks have a nice DE Time Machine they wanna part with? Looking to buy OR trade my tftc for one.

Thanks

#1246 9 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

Had one but sold it awhile ago always the way it goes

#1247 9 years ago

I have a DP Rollergames coming in if there is any interest.

Link to some pics:
http://s1102.photobucket.com/user/smokedog7777/library/Rollergames?sort=3&page=1

Will be around $1550 OBO.

#1248 9 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Any of you Canucks have a nice DE Time Machine they wanna part with? Looking to buy OR trade my tftc for one.
Thanks

Contact Thunderstorm. He has one and he might be willing to part with it.

Worth a try.

#1249 9 years ago

Bump for adding link to pics of RG (See post above).

#1250 9 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

I have a DP Rollergames coming in if there is any interest.
Link to some pics:
http://s1102.photobucket.com/user/smokedog7777/library/Rollergames?sort=3&page=1
Will be around $1550 OBO.

Dang. That looks like a decent machine. I'd be interested but in the process of picking up a Gotlieb Genie. And kinda excited about it too!

There are 24,781 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 496.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-in-canada-have-any-pins-they-want-to-sell/page/25 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.