(Topic ID: 76928)

Anybody in Canada have any pins they want to sell?

By Spencer

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,635 posts
  • 702 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by transprtr4u
  • Topic is favorited by 432 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DumbnDumber (resized).jpg
111111 (resized).jpg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (resized).jpeg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (1) (resized).jpeg
L1000528 (resized).JPG
L1000531 edit (resized).jpg
L1000537 edit (resized).jpg
L1000539 edit (resized).jpg
L1000540 (resized).JPG
L1000542 (resized).JPG
L1000543 (resized).JPG
L1000544 edit (resized).jpg
L1000548 (resized).JPG
L1000549 (resized).JPG
L1000545 (resized).JPG
L1000526 (resized).JPG

There are 24,635 posts in this topic. You are on page 241 of 493.
#12001 4 years ago

Looking for a TWD. A pro preferably, for $$$ reasons. I'm in Charlottetown, but would drive as far as Ottawa to pick up.

#12002 4 years ago
Quoted from sixtyfourbits:

I just picked up a clean haunted house in a trade, and while the plan is to play it for a while, if anyone here is specifically after one, feel free to let me know. I’d be interested in trading it (+ cash if needed) for a pin higher up on my wanted list. Mostly after a sega, but open to others from my list too. Would prefer to meet up in Manitoba or Saskatchewan, but shipping may be an option too.

Just to add to this. I would be happy to also trade for any of the following Gottlieb system 3s:
Big Hurt, Stargate, Waterworld, Wipe Out, Street Fighter 2, Super Mario Bros Mushroom World, Gladiators.
Or would sell Haunted House for $2700, but would rather trade.

#12003 4 years ago

Still keeping my eyes out for a real nice Williams Blackout in Ontario. Looking to replace the first game I owned so the nicer the machine the better.

#12004 4 years ago

Isn't there one on Kijiji right now in Ottawa??

#12005 4 years ago

Did a quick check....went back 3 pages and didn't see it.
Hrd to tell with all the friggin' "I want to rip you off and flip your machine for big profit" ads.

I hate those guys....

#12006 4 years ago
Quoted from guard:

Did a quick check....went back 3 pages and didn't see it.
Hrd to tell with all the friggin' "I want to rip you off and flip your machine for big profit" ads.
I hate those guys....

I sold mine for $1,100 12mo. ago and the guy I sold it to had the nerve to ask me for $2,700 when i saw he was selling it 3 weeks later.

Meanwhile it sat on kijiji for months when I was asking $1,500 and nobody wanted it. And this was a pristine game.

#12007 4 years ago

Bet his nickname on Kijiji is Pinball Fan....

#12008 4 years ago

Not a pin, but I am selling my buck hunter world arcade. $2200. PM with any questions. Can ship.

#12009 4 years ago

Question: Is there a way to filter the Pinside marketplace to Canada only?

Also, I bought TSPP about two months ago. I’ve been playing it and really enjoying it, but also have the itch for something new. Given the depth of this game I don’t see myself ever getting “sick” of it for years. I can only afford one pin (especially given how much I paid for this one from John’s Jukes ... plus my wife would kill me if I bought a second) so not sure what to do. Just keep playing it for years?

#12010 4 years ago
Quoted from chaz009:

That's a good question. Maybe field it to the mods as a suggestion? Filter by country would be a great idea.

#12011 4 years ago

I think you can filter by miles but not sure about by country.

#12012 4 years ago

Miles makes a lot more sense.....I care more about a pin in Ohio then I do Alberta.

#12013 4 years ago
Quoted from guard:

Miles makes a lot more sense.....I care more about a pin in Ohio then I do Alberta.

Personally I go the other way I would be way more comfortable buying a pin online from someone in Ontario than I would be anywhere the same distance in the US. The exchange rate, shipping, any legal recourse if it went bad, all of these are going to be 10 times the hassle internationally.

#12014 4 years ago

^^this^^
I only look in Canada. Unreliable duty fees always stopped me from buying a pin south of the border.

#12015 4 years ago

Now if there was only a filter to turn off scammers..........

#12016 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

^^this^^
I only look in Canada. Unreliable duty fees always stopped me from buying a pin south of the border.

$50.00 to get a Black Rose across the border!

#12017 4 years ago
Quoted from chaz009:

Also, I bought TSPP about two months ago. I’ve been playing it and really enjoying it, but also have the itch for something new. Given the depth of this game I don’t see myself ever getting “sick” of it for years. I can only afford one pin (especially given how much I paid for this one from John’s Jukes ... plus my wife would kill me if I bought a second) so not sure what to do. Just keep playing it for years?

You need to make room for a second is what I think If you could find a local pinhead who would be interested in trading with you that is one option, but otherwise you're stuck with buying and selling. TSPP is a desirable game, priced right it will sell in a day so you shouldn't have a problem raising funds to buy another one if you get bored and want to move on from it.

Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

^^this^^

I'm good for 4+/- drive for a pin and will drive into Michigan/New York/Ohio to get a pin at the right price. If the price is right even after taxes and duty and a drive a good deal is a good deal and all it is costing is my time. Last one I picked up in Michigan was at VFW and I just met the seller there, played pinball all day and drove home with my TWD... that was about a year ago. Naturally as soon as I got home a couple more showed up locally but even after taxes and duty I was in a good spot.

#12018 4 years ago
Quoted from chaz009:

yes there is.in the marketplace scroll down in countries and chose canada..turn off ebay adds and hit search

#12019 4 years ago
Quoted from Malibu-SS:

yes there is.in the marketplace scroll down in countries and chose canada..turn off ebay adds and hit search

Never saw that before. Thanks for that!

#12020 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

^^this^^

there should be no duty fees.......just taxes...unless you hire a broker

#12021 4 years ago

And sometimes they just waive you through even when you tell them..

#12022 4 years ago

I actually buy a lot of used pins in WA because even after the gas, tax, exchange it’s still cheaper than buying local. Also lots of times what I want isn’t available local. Another upside is I can then flip my game for a small profit when I’m done because most wont do the hassle of importing.

#12023 4 years ago

I have a Metallica Monsters translite signed by Lyman, Borg and Dirty Donnie. I'm thinking of selling it to fund some repairs etc. PM me an offer if you are interested.

#12024 4 years ago
Quoted from chaz009:

You're in Ontario and you bought TSPP from John's Jukes here, I can only imagine how much that set you back!!

#12025 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Personally I go the other way I would be way more comfortable buying a pin online from someone in Ontario than I would be anywhere the same distance in the US. The exchange rate, shipping, any legal recourse if it went bad, all of these are going to be 10 times the hassle internationally.

For me it's a piece of cake to bring one from Canada into the US. No taxes, and a good exchange rate. I always keep an eye out for anything from the Niagara Falls to Toronto area that's worthwhile.

#12026 4 years ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

You're in Ontario and you bought TSPP from John's Jukes here, I can only imagine how much that set you back!!

It was only $300 in shipping.

Really, pennies considering how tough TSPP is to find in Canada (especially in the shape I found it in).

#12027 4 years ago

Great stories guys

#12028 4 years ago

I also have an entire POPULATED Metallica pro playfield still in its original packaging. I might consider selling it if anyone is interested. No rush on that one though

#12029 4 years ago
Quoted from chaz009:

It was only $300 in shipping.
Really, pennies considering how tough TSPP is to find in Canada (especially in the shape I found it in).

Meh I saw 7 or 8 sell in ontario in the last year a few were huo.

#12030 4 years ago

I have a Bronco and a Flip Flop that are all fixed up and working perfectly but have no room for them and I still have a Jacks Open to repair next and then something else has to go.
I'd let them go for 800 each or both for 1500.
What I'd give for a basement that wasn't just 6 feet high.... .old house blues.

#12031 4 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Meh I saw 7 or 8 sell in ontario in the last year a few were huo.

I would be interested in one of the HUO if any one has one for sale

#12032 4 years ago

Wasn’t there just one on pinball revolution? I do see several tspp come up each year, not that hard to find imo

#12033 4 years ago
Quoted from guard:

I have a Bronco and a Flip Flop that are all fixed up and working perfectly but have no room for them and I still have a Jacks Open to repair next and then something else has to go.

I'd really like to take that flip-flop off your hands, timing isn't right though, glws! If you post pictures publicly I'd love to fawn over them

#12034 4 years ago

I'm not 100% certain I want to get rid of this yet ... but since I've entertained a few inquiries already ... I might as well post this here ...

I'm interested in trading my showcase quality TSPP. I bought this John's Jukes about two months ago. You can still see it on their site flippers.com. It is basically brand new condition. Definately HUO. I paid a handsome amount for it, as I did not know when the next time I'd see one in such nice quality. To better describe the quality I'll quote John (hope he doesn't mind):

THE SIMPSONS PINBALL PARTY! (built June 16, 2004)

One of STERN PINBALL's most popular games, highly sought after and this one is one of the best of the HUO games. Owned since 2006 by a rock star (privacy rights preclude naming him) here in Vancouver, BC we have maintained this game in prestine condition. Now back in our shop for sale, we are cleaning it (dust happens!) and getting it back in tip-top shape to end up in a special collectors hands...lighting is original incandescent bulbs except for the hard to reach areas where we are installing daylight LEDs.

Look at the entrance flap on Moes Ramp - how many plays has this game had? 1,000? 750? 500? Perhaps 2,000 games at the most. No long term game bookkeeping counts remain so no real way of knowing (battery had died in recent past - no leakage - NVRAM installed now that it is in the shop), it is pretty obvious that this game has had very few plays!

The games I'm looking for are the follows:
Pirates of the Caribbean
Wizard of Oz
Scared Stiff
Twilight Zone
White Water
Batman 66 - Catwoman edition
Metallica - Pro or Premimum
Iron Maiden - any but prefer the LE
Monster Bash - remake limited edition

Obviously money will need to be involved to make the trade fair. Please PM me if you are interested.

#12035 4 years ago

Why you trading it away so soon?

How much was it? 7k usd?

#12036 4 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Why you trading it away so soon?
How much was it? 7k usd?

Approximately.

I’m sure I’ll regret getting rid of it but I can only afford one pin. So if I want to own something else (again, specifically from my short list above) I need to trade for it.

Life is short. If someone wants TSPP and has something I want, why not swap it? I can’t be more honest behind my reasoning than that.

#12037 4 years ago

So many good pins out East we miss out on, Flip Flop and Jacks Open are awesome, wish you lived near Edmonton I would have snagged them.

Quoted from guard:

#12038 4 years ago

I’d love a jacks open one day!

#12039 4 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

I’d love a jacks open one day!

I had 1..I liked it more then abra ca dabra!

#12040 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I also have an entire POPULATED Metallica pro playfield still in its original packaging. I might consider selling it if anyone is interested. No rush on that one though

You never had to send your old playfield back - for warranty??? I think you are supposed to....

Rob

#12041 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

You never had to send your old playfield back - for warranty??? I think you are supposed to....
Rob

Who said it was warranty related? I just have a backup populated playfield and I might sell my Metallica soon so i wont be needing it down the road anymore. I have some weird crap I hoard. Mostly old arcade parts in my basement.
Hell, there is a 4ft long Xwing from the 80s down there lol

#12042 4 years ago

Also, I didn't realize I have a maximum of 20 messages per day so to anyone who contacted me but didnt hear back, please be patient. I will respond to the rest of my messages tomorrow. It's never been an issue before

#12043 4 years ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

So many good pins out East we miss out on, Flip Flop and Jacks Open are awesome, wish you lived near Edmonton I would have snagged them.

Pins can always be shipped

#12044 4 years ago

I'd pay $2500 for a met populated playfield if that interests you

Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

#12045 4 years ago

Anyone in Ontario looking to sell or trade one of the following?
-Jungle Queen
-Fast Draw
-Blackout
-Swords of Fury
-World Cup Soccer

Blackout was my first game. I'd really like to replace that one soon.

#12046 4 years ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

They go fast though. There was a Hokus Pokus the other day. I responded 24min after it was posted. Never heard anything back and the ad was down shortly after. Same happened with a Blackout and a Target Alpha recently. I swear some pinball collector in my area just leaves kijiji open at all times ready to pounce lol

#12047 4 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I'd pay $2500 for a met populated playfield if that interests you

Noted

#12048 4 years ago

Anybody in this area that could help take a peek and pack up a game for me?
Lindenwoods, Winnipeg R3P 2G1
The seller is not familiar or comfortable with shipping a pin. I would compensate the good soul who can lend a hand.

#12049 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

The seller is not familiar or comfortable with shipping a pin. I would compensate the good soul who can lend a hand.

I might know somebody.

#12050 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I had one palleted and shipped from Winnipeg. ...friend of Mitch on here.

There are 24,635 posts in this topic. You are on page 241 of 493.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-in-canada-have-any-pins-they-want-to-sell/page/241?hl=chaz009 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.