(Topic ID: 76928)

Anybody in Canada have any pins they want to sell?

By Spencer

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DumbnDumber (resized).jpg
111111 (resized).jpg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (resized).jpeg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (1) (resized).jpeg
L1000528 (resized).JPG
L1000531 edit (resized).jpg
L1000537 edit (resized).jpg
L1000539 edit (resized).jpg
L1000540 (resized).JPG
L1000542 (resized).JPG
L1000543 (resized).JPG
L1000544 edit (resized).jpg
L1000548 (resized).JPG
L1000549 (resized).JPG
L1000545 (resized).JPG
L1000526 (resized).JPG
There are 24,843 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 497.
#1151 9 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

Creech for 1000.00 on kijiji Calgary today.
Ad was real,friend got the game.

Damn!! Congrats to your friend!

#1152 9 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

I called, emailed after 5 mins of posting, no response. Hope he can fix it up. Im guessing the $800 would be high to someone who knows what they are doing.

#1153 9 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

Damn!! Congrats to your friend!

Pending repairs, should be a good deal but who knows when the seller says it needs $800 in repairs. I would have taken the chance to though.

#1154 9 years ago

800.00 in repairs was parts and labor quote.
So far coil in the trough needs to be replaced.
Don't know what else yet.
He is happy with it

#1155 9 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

He is happy with it

Hope it works out for him, will be a real nice pickup. I saw one last weekend bought from a certain guy in central Alberta that was horrible. Broken ramps, drywall screws, hologram didn't work, playfield wear at the flippers, broken plastics, head touched up with paint runs, re-import with rust, horrible.

One day Ill get one!

#1156 9 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

i hope ur buddy get pinball herpes! actually glad someone from our pinside community got their hands on it.

#1157 9 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

He is happy with it

Nice looks like the Edmonton crew was a little late on this one glad someone in the pinball community got it thou...

#1158 9 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

Hope it works out for him, will be a real nice pickup. I saw one last weekend bought from a certain guy in central Alberta that was horrible. Broken ramps, drywall screws, hologram didn't work, playfield wear at the flippers, broken plastics, head touched up with paint runs, re-import with rust, horrible.
One day Ill get one!

I think that came from Bob in Red Deer,got to love his pins.

#1159 9 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

pics or it didn't happen

#1160 9 years ago

Does anyone know someone in Canada/Calgary that would do some boardwork, for a reasonable rate? Non pinball game, seems easy enough.

#1161 9 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

Does anyone know someone in Canada/Calgary that would do some boardwork, for a reasonable rate? Non pinball game, seems easy enough.

I`ll let you know when I receive my bill from a guy in Ottawa.

#1162 9 years ago

I should add for any help:

I bought a Flintstones egg laying machine for the kiddos. Nice shape, non-working. Wiring was a mess, cut/loose/missing, etc. I connected what looked to be right but its a no-go. The cabinet light comes on but nothing else happens. Board seems simple enough but I cant find any info on it on-line. The transformer also gets hot really fast if that makes any difference.

#1163 9 years ago

Anyone from BC-SK looking to get their WOZ out of the house?
This title wasn't really in my sights but after a few games at the bar the other weekend, my fiance gave me 'the nod'. Know when to take 'em, right boys!?

#1164 9 years ago

I'm considering importing an America's Most Haunted. List price from Spooky Pinball is $6,000 USD. With the exchange rate, I think this takes me to $6,700. Anyone know what duty would be on this purchase?
I have no idea what a fair price for shipping would be from Wisconsin...

#1165 9 years ago
Quoted from wtuttle:

I'm considering importing an America's Most Haunted.

I sent you a PM...I'm hoping to bring one in soon and can share what I've learned.

#1166 9 years ago
Quoted from wtuttle:

I'm considering importing an America's Most Haunted. List price from Spooky Pinball is $6,000 USD. With the exchange rate, I think this takes me to $6,700. Anyone know what duty would be on this purchase?
I have no idea what a fair price for shipping would be from Wisconsin...

There is no duty on anything made in the states, brokerage on a pin coming up here would be brutal, ship to over the border storage in sweetgrass and pick it up yourself, make sure you have paperwork to verify the purchase price of the pin for GST at the border.

#1167 9 years ago
Quoted from misfitdart:

There is no duty on anything made in the states, brokerage on a pin coming up here would be brutal, ship to over the border storage in sweetgrass and pick it up yourself, make sure you have paperwork to verify the purchase price of the pin for GST at the border.

Brokerage isn't too bad, I only pay a flat $75.00 (at least that is how much it was a couple years ago). I'd pay the $75.00 before I would go through the hassle of going down to the border myself.

#1168 9 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

I only pay a flat $75.00

The broker quotes I'm getting are $250.00 and up these days. I'm thinking about figuring out how to get down to Sweet Grass to bring it across myself.

Spooky Pinball has been great to work with those and I have a great shipping price to my door or the border...just no brokerage.

#1169 9 years ago
Quoted from zero:

The broker quotes I'm getting are $250.00 and up these days. I'm thinking about figuring out how to get down to Sweet Grass to bring it across myself.
Spooky Pinball has been great to work with those and I have a great shipping price to my door or the border...just no brokerage.

You can probably broker it yourself.

Hurry up, I want to play this again!

#1170 9 years ago
Quoted from algrande:

Hurry up, I want to play this again!

I'm trying to figure out the best way to do it. I got a great shipping price from Spooky if I can find a decent broker...or friend with a truck that wants a road trip .

#1171 9 years ago
Quoted from zero:

I'm trying to figure out the best way to do it. I got a great shipping price from Spooky if I can find a decent broker...or friend with a truck that wants a road trip .

Hey Al

#1172 9 years ago

When I imported my SOF from Virginia I paid $541.99 USD for the shipping using Echo Global Logistics, and I used Livingston International as my broker, and paid $362 USD.

Dave (schwarz) referred me to both of those and I had a smooth experience, and I referred someone else to use them as well. It aint cheap to bring games up here, so if you're going to do it, make sure it's a game you want (and you preferably get a good deal on it, hah).

#1173 9 years ago

I'm only paying $75 to the broker for customs clearance. Are people lumping the GST into broker cost?

#1174 9 years ago
Quoted from Willathrilla:

I'm only paying $75 to the broker for customs clearance

So, Livingston International was quoting higher fees. I have a call into Baycity Brokers now as someone recommended them and had a cheaper rate. I'm just waiting for them to get back to me. Who are you using? This information should help a bunch of us out. The shipping that Charlie (Spooky Pinball) quoted me was pretty reasonable to my door, I just have to figure out the broker stuff.

Thanks all!

#1175 9 years ago

Brokerage is based on the price of the product, the weight, the class of product, country of origin, etc. It's not a fixed rate that will be the same for everything. I'm sure it is also different if you are picking up the machine at the border/taking it across yourself.

I'm also curious though as to who you are using that it is only costing you $75

#1176 9 years ago

The quote I just got was $95 plus the GST on the game of course. FYI

#1177 9 years ago
Quoted from zero:

The quote I just got was $95 plus the GST on the game of course. FYI

From where?

#1178 9 years ago

I think those are just brokerage fees on top of the shipping.

#1179 9 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Brokerage is based on the price of the product, the weight, the class of product, country of origin, etc. It's not a fixed rate that will be the same for everything. I'm sure it is also different if you are picking up the machine at the border/taking it across yourself.
I'm also curious though as to who you are using that it is only costing you $75

There is no brokerage when you are bringing anything across yourself. All you pay at the border is GST

#1180 9 years ago

If anyone is looking for a Creech or STTNG send me a PM and I can put you in touch with my friend who is selling them who should be back from vacation later this week. I have pics if you would like me to forward you of either machine.

#1181 9 years ago
Quoted from misfitdart:

There is no brokerage when you are bringing anything across yourself. All you pay at the border is GST

Didn't think so, but I've never brought anything large/expensive over so I'm not too sure. Thanks for clearing that up.

#1182 9 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Didn't think so, but I've never brought anything large/expensive over so I'm not too sure. Thanks for clearing that up.

It doesn't matter what you bring over. You will pay your provincial tax when you bring it in. You can also save a few bucks if you stay more than 48 hours in the states. You can deduct $700 or $800 CDN (not sure which one) from the price before they apply tax.

Ex. You buy Pin X for $3500.... you stay in the states for 48 hours. You get to the border and this is what they do

$3500US convert to CDN (at the conversion rate of the day of sale) ---> $3954CDN
Then they take off $800..so you are down to $3154 * provincial tax.

That's it.

#1183 9 years ago

Makes sense, good to know. Thanks guys! Unfortunately I won't be doing any trips across the border myself, so I'm stuck with shipping and brokerage. I'm hoping it won't absolutely destroy me when my TBL ships.

#1184 9 years ago

Now back on topic....anyone know of a routed ACDC Pro anywere with a crappy playfield that someone wants to sell?

#1185 9 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

aeonblack said:

From where?

I think those are just brokerage fees on top of the shipping.

Yup, broker fees on top of the shipping. Best quote I've had from a broker though. Bay City Brokers.

#1186 9 years ago

For anyone interested, I've used Joseph Verhaeghe with Atlantic Custom Brokers here in Halifax to clear quite a few pins coming across the border for me. Flat rate of $100 every time (plus the applicable taxes of course). Smooth sailing every time and easy to work with. His office number is 902-422-1225.

You can get it done cheaper if you know someone that regularly uses a custom broker that will let you use their account. A good friend who used to manage tractor-trailer loads crossing the border daily got the fee down to $10 per load at one point. So it's worth asking if you've got any acquaintances that are in the shipping business. (That friend is no longer in that line of work, hence the $100 I have to pay now.)

#1187 9 years ago

It's Bay City Brokers I use as well.

If anyone's looking to ship a machine to the shipping depot in Sweetgrass Montana and then bringing it across yourself, I wouldn't let it sit at that depot more than a day or two. I had a TFTC shipped there that they stacked another pallet on top of. Luckily the box TFTC was in was solid.

#1188 9 years ago

I think a 48 hour road trip to the US to save some $$$ is totally worth it. Count me in.

Winston.

#1189 9 years ago
Quoted from wtuttle:

I think a 48 hour road trip to the US to save some $$$ is totally worth it. Count me in.
Winston.

I don't understand how you will save big bucks *on the tax* when you factor in your expenses for two days in the states. Even in BC it would be what, $800 x 0.12 = $96. Whee. To actually make it out ahead what is the plan? Eat endless fries and camp out at Denny's?

Unless you have the time and are doing it just for the heck of it

#1190 9 years ago

Looking for a DE Time Machine

#1191 9 years ago

Looking to trade my Star Trek Pro for your Metallica Pro.

#1192 9 years ago

This is the breakdown of what Livingston quoted me back in march of 2013. Obviously the exchange rate has gone to shit, and looking over it again, $105 of that was (I believe) a one-time fee to set up my account with Livingston.

-------------------------------------------

Value of Goods: $ USD 1,200.00

Exchange Rate: 1.0314

Value in CDN: $ CDN 1,237.68

Duty Rate: 0.0% NAFTA:

Duty*

: $ -

GST (on Value for Tax): $ 61.88 Tax Rate: 5.0%

PST on Value for Duty $ - Tax Rate: 0.000%

Brokerage Fee*: $ 147.30

Priority HS Fee: $ 6.35

One-Time Processing Fee*: $ 105.00

Canadian Bond Fee $ 25.00

Other Fee: $ 6.85 (OGD)

GST on services: $ 14.53

PST on services: $ -

Estimated Total in CDN will be: $ 366.91

#1193 9 years ago

Thinking of selling my TWD LE. It is a great game but really it is not a hit at all in my current one pin home. My family and even guests just don't get long enough ball times so that they can really enjoy it. Any idea about the hit I will take, if any, now that I have had it for a couple of weeks.

#1194 9 years ago
Quoted from violinfather:

Thinking of selling my TWD LE. It is a great game but really it is not a hit at all in my current one pin home. My family and even guests just don't get long enough ball times so that they can really enjoy it. Any idea about the hit I will take, if any, now that I have had it for a couple of weeks.

Min $500.

#1195 9 years ago

The hit you will take will depend entirely on what hit you're willing to take. The value of pins is completely set by what people will sell them for. There is a guy in Wisconsin asking 7650 USD, with exchange rate and shipping and stuff, I'm gonna be up near 8300, at that point I would just buy new, and I can get one shipped from Playdium for $9200, all in.

#1196 9 years ago

I am just testing the water on this sale. I think $900 off for a two week old game is to much however the market will dictate the price for sure. I would also consider trades or trades plus cash. I think that $8500 is probably fair. Lets hear what people think as I am sure it will be interesting to say the least.

#1197 9 years ago

Yikes, the problem you have this is a real high end game and there are a low amount of people even interested in the title to begin with, your going to take at least a $500 - $1000 hit on this title. I would put it up and be hopeful one of the Edmonton or Calgary guys is interested. Could have went with STLE as that title is more family friendly and has much longer ball times...

#1198 9 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

The hit you will take will depend entirely on what hit you're willing to take. The value of pins is completely set by what people will sell them for. There is a guy in Wisconsin asking 7650 USD, with exchange rate and shipping and stuff, I'm gonna be up near 8300, at that point I would just buy new, and I can get one shipped from Playdium for $9200, all in.

Not sure who you are dealing with at Playdium but you would be getting hosed at $9200 all in, especially for a sale to an AB resident. I got a quote that was way lower than that.

#1199 9 years ago

I'll give you 7000.00,bring it down to me

#1200 9 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Not sure who you are dealing with at Playdium but you would be getting hosed at $9200 all in, especially for a sale to an AB resident. I got a quote that was way lower than that.

I didn't get a quote, i just went to their web store and punched in the shipping details. Good to know that their quoted prices are cheaper.

There are 24,843 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 497.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-in-canada-have-any-pins-they-want-to-sell/page/24 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.