(Topic ID: 76928)

Anybody in Canada have any pins they want to sell?

By Spencer

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,642 posts
  • 703 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by cait001
  • Topic is favorited by 432 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DumbnDumber (resized).jpg
111111 (resized).jpg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (resized).jpeg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (1) (resized).jpeg
L1000528 (resized).JPG
L1000531 edit (resized).jpg
L1000537 edit (resized).jpg
L1000539 edit (resized).jpg
L1000540 (resized).JPG
L1000542 (resized).JPG
L1000543 (resized).JPG
L1000544 edit (resized).jpg
L1000548 (resized).JPG
L1000549 (resized).JPG
L1000545 (resized).JPG
L1000526 (resized).JPG

There are 24,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 230 of 493.
#11452 4 years ago

I guess there’s not a lot of maverick sales to track lol. Wasn’t this a 1500 pin a few years ago? Same with Popeye, break shot, sigh

#11453 4 years ago

Would a
Should a
Couldn't afford it then....

#11454 4 years ago

Looking for a very nice example of BSD for the collection if anyone wants a trade or outright sale. Cheers

#11455 4 years ago

I have the following pinball machines for sale.

Cash preferred, but trades towards value considered. Any game offered should be route ready (no projects).

Meteor - $2,5000 OBO - new rectifier board, LED's, rebuilt drops, rebuilt flippers
Seawitch - $3,7000 OBO - new rectifier board, new plastic set, LED's, rebuilt drops, rebuilt flippers, repro mint back glass
World Cup Soccer 94 - $5100 OBO - Clear coated playfield, all LED's, new plastic set, new soccer ball, new soccer ball motor, new WPC-S MPU board, rebuilt flippers.
Total Nuclear Annihilation - $8,800 OBO - All options included except butter cab.

Shoot me a message if interested.

#11456 4 years ago

Looking for MBr
If you are already ready to unload
I will buy looking in Ontario or Quebec
thx

#11457 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjm:

Looking for MBr
thx

I seriously doubt you will find a MBr resale since some are saying they haven't even received it yet. good luck but you might need to look at buying a new one or wait for a while. This will come up eventually. The game is not very deep.

#11459 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjm:

Looking for MBr
thx

There is a new one in the P1AG showroom in MTL

#11460 4 years ago

Thanks, for the feedback on the Maverick. Looks pretty mint so likely can't lose money if I can get it back for under $3k.

#11461 4 years ago

I have read nothing but horror stories about recieving money for a machine theu paypal. I am selling a machine and the only way he will pay me is paypal, for buyers proctection. The machine will be going across the country and is 50 years old. I have reas not to trust paypal.
Thoughts?!?

#11462 4 years ago

Anyone deal with pinsider Drake709?

#11463 4 years ago
Quoted from toasterman04:

I have read nothing but horror stories about recieving money for a machine theu paypal. I am selling a machine and the only way he will pay me is paypal, for buyers proctection. The machine will be going across the country and is 50 years old. I have reas not to trust paypal.
Thoughts?!?

You could use an escrow service instead of PayPal. I did that when I bought a machine from Germany and it went well.

#11464 4 years ago

Thoughts?!?

Send him an invoice and clearly state on it the machine is as is. Have buyer cover the fees. Save all tracking info and shipping receipts to prove you actually sent it.

But still it could be sketch. Some deals just aren’t worth it

#11465 4 years ago

Hey everyone,

Thanks for all of the help. I was able to get a slugfest, MMLE and an Oktoberfest. Big thanks to Smokedog, jesperpark and dirkdiggler for helping point me in the right directions!

I am still on the hunt for a TNA cab. Buttercab would be epic. If anyone in Edmonton or nearby and is looking to sell. Please let me know.

Oh and pat Lawlor machines too.

Earthshaker
Whirlwind.

I am also interested in.

#11466 4 years ago
Quoted from Edster:

I seriously doubt you will find a MBr resale since some are saying they haven't even received it yet. good luck but you might need to look at buying a new one or wait for a while. This will come up eventually. The game is not very deep.

I don't know....I could be persuaded to let my MBLE go I am sure.....

#11467 4 years ago

Thoughts?!?

EMT.

I would only cover my ass as a seller than have the buyer only cover his. Read the PayPal horror stories.

#11468 4 years ago

BIG shout out and thank you to roar for taking time out of his days to put together a gorgeous RunDMD frame for me.

You sir, are a true gentleman and stud! I greatly appreciate your time and generosity, and feel like I've earned myself another great friend in this community!

#11469 4 years ago

Anyone deal with pinsider Drake709?

Not sure if this will make Drake709 feel any better...........I understand as a buyer what he is feeling,as no one wants to get ripped off

I have bought from Toasterman just recently and he is an honest seller,and very helpful throughout the whole purchase,buy with confidence.
Rick

#11470 4 years ago

Thanks Rick.
i cant see this transaction working. I also understand where he is coming from, but i agree with northerndude.... too many paypal horror stories. Paypal is just not ideal for sellig a 40-50 year old mechanical machine. Paypal will always take the side of the purchaser. I am gonna look into escrow tomorrow as a last resport. Other than that sell er on the prairies!

#11471 4 years ago
Quoted from Aquapin:

You could use an escrow service instead of PayPal. I did that when I bought a machine from Germany and it went well.

Tell me more, I'm looking to buy a game in the UK.

#11472 4 years ago

Want to get some opinions here... I recently entered into discussion with a well known member here about a game. I sent him a $100 EMT, but after discovering there could be some potential/future issues with the game, I decided to back out. He is avoiding my texts about sending my money back.

What do you guys think I should do?

I have a family member that is in the police (fraud department) in his city, and I'm considering that approach.

I really don't care about the money. It's the principle at this point.

I don't rea

#11473 4 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Want to get some opinions here... I recently entered into discussion with a well known member here about a game. I sent him a $100 EMT, but after discovering there could be some potential/future issues with the game, I decided to back out. He is avoiding my texts about sending my money back.
I have a family member that is in the police (fraud department) in his city, and I'm considering that approach.
I really don't care about the money. It's the principle at this point.
I don't rea

Since you asked, a deposit is a deposit and generally not refundable. Exception might be if you were mislead and when you went to get it, it wasn't as described.

So if it's about principle, I wouldn't expect a refund.

#11474 4 years ago

Ya i agree. At the time you sent the deposit, you were all in. Deposit should be expected gone. You should of had all the i formation you needed to feel comfortable enough to make that deposit

#11475 4 years ago

You should of had all the i formation you needed to feel comfortable enough to make that deposit

Yup deposit is non refundable. Your paying for his time if you back out on the sale.

#11476 4 years ago

Could you elaborate on two parts for us please:
-how long ago did you send the deposit (some may say this doesn’t matter, but I know I would react differently if someone changed their mind after a day vs changing their mind after me holding it for two weeks)
-the reason for backing out was due to potentially future issues and not current ones correct?

I do hope things get worked out to a satisfactory level for both parties involved

#11477 4 years ago

Speaking from a more legal sense, a deposit should only be non refundable if specified in writing that this is so. There must be “consideration” on the buyers part... that is, something of value has to have been given in exchange for said money. There are many instances where a deposit is given to show that someone is serious or truly interested. It does not, however, mean that person forfeits the deposit just because it was paid. It’s not assumed a deposit is non refundable at all... in fact it is the opposite.

It really depends on the terms of the deposit. What was said? Why was it given? Was the sale done? Did the seller lose anything (potential other sales, time, money?).

Consider real estate.. a deposit is recommended and usually required with an offer. However there are always conditions prior to that sale being completed and if the sale does not go through the deposit is always returned. In these situations the seller has to hold the property, take time and effort with the conditions, etc but still if not sale, no keepie the deposit.

#11478 4 years ago

Ya i agree. At the time you sent the deposit, you were all in. Deposit should be expected gone. You should of had all the i formation you needed to feel comfortable enough to make that deposit

It depends. The terms of a deposit should be made upfront so both parties agree it's refundable or not. Stuff happens and people change their minds. I'm not going to be a dick and keep someone's money. When selling games I don't take deposits because it's too much hassle. If a person says there are interested I give them time to get things organized and I tell anyone else it may already be sold. Buyers may ask to make a deposit and I say it's not necessary. I'm usually not hell bent on selling anyhow so I don't mind waiting a bit.

But, once sold and the machine has change hands, I would not do a refund.

Businesses may operate differently. It never hurts to ask before placing money down on anything. If an item has to be special ordered, I would understand a non refundable deposit and make sure I really wanted what I am buying.

Rob

#11479 4 years ago

I contacted him the day after sending the deposit to say I didn't feel comfortable with the deal.

Nothing was put in writing.

This isn't like I've entered into a contract with a business. We're all in this community for hopefully the greater good, so sometimes I think you just have to be fair and treat each other respectfully.

I've returned a deposit before on a game, and didn't ask any questions. It just felt right to do.

#11480 4 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

In these situations the seller has to hold the property, take time and effort with the conditions, etc but still if not sale, no keepie the deposit.

You are correct but only because these real estate sales are conditional to financing, inspections, etc. If you wrote a non conditional purchase contract and backed out because it occurred to you that down the road something might happen to the property, you would lose your deposit. That would be your due diligence prior to committing to the purchase.

Quoted from Damien:

Tend to think your family member will tell you it's a civil matter. Doesn't sound like any fraud took place unless he were unwilling to complete the sale as agreed.

I think if you found he misrepresented the machine then he owes you the money. Otherwise what is the point in a deposit if it can be taken back at any point without good reason.
It would also be an issue if a seller takes a deposit but then returns it because he sold it to someone else for more money. There is a mutual commitment in place with the deposit in my opinion.

#11481 4 years ago

Real Estate is a separate matter, whether renting or buying; different rules apply regarding deposits.

The Consumer Protection Act covers this explicitly.

#11482 4 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I contacted him the day after sending the deposit to say I didn't feel comfortable with the deal.
Nothing was put in writing.
This isn't like I've entered into a contract with a business. We're all in this community for hopefully the greater good, so sometimes I think you just have to be fair and treat each other respectfully.
I've returned a deposit before on a game, and didn't ask any questions. It just felt right to do.

Well the whole purpose of a desposit is to secure the purchase of the game. Unless otherwise stated, it would entirely be up to the goodwill/kindness of the seller to refund your deposit if you later changed your mind on the purchase.

If it didn't cost me much in terms of inconvenience I'd refund it because I'm nice that way, but I wouldn't expect my own deposit to be returned when if I waffled on a purchase myself. If you weren't comfortable with the purchase you shouldn't have put a deposit down. If it makes you feel any better $100 isn't much for the peace of mind gained if if you feel like you dodged a bullet by backing out of the deal.

#11483 4 years ago

I’ve been given deposits a couple times, 100$, and guy has bailed. Told me to keep it for my time. If it’s only 100$ I think it’s fair to keep it. I’ll sometimes spend 1-2 hours with a buyer showing him my collection and talking shop.

#11484 4 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

For sale, Avengers LE ($6700 CDN). Its the blue version with a lot of mods / extras including:
- Flipper Fidelity backbox and sub speakers
- Topper
- Shaker motor
- Captain America shield shooter rod
- improved see-through inlane plastics installed
- Hawkeye EL ramp lighting
- Upgraded Tesseract
- Lit and interactive Loki figure (tesseract in his hand lights up when then lock is lit)
- Lit and interactive Ironman figure (light in his chest and hand)
- new Loki lock plastic with lights
- Changed GI lighting to be less christmasee (green - other than by Hulk - changed to warm white which looks way better)
- extra pro translite signed by George Gomez
- extra Hulk arms included
Games is mint and I am the original owner. Not willing to ship at this time. Local cash sale only. PM me for pictures if you are interested.

Price drop on HUO mint modded Avengers blue LE. $6500 CDN

#11485 4 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

there could be some potential/future issues with the game

To me this is always a given in this hobby

#11486 4 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I recently entered into discussion with a well known member here about a game. I sent him a $100 EMT, I decided to back out. He is avoiding my texts about sending my money back.
I have a family member that is in the police (fraud department) in his city, and I'm considering that approach

Everyone, he’s referring to me.

Dear Sean, @Damien, or @wizardscastle,

Unreal, now you’ve threatened me via text to call everyone at the company I work at to tell them I ripped you off?! And now publicly saying you’re going to get the Police involved? I’ve done nothing wrong, short of not replying promptly enough for your liking.

After hounding me for WEEKS via kijiji, pinside and text. I finally agreed to ship, take many rounds of pictures. You’ve honestly been the absolute worst buyer I’ve ever dealt with on kijiji or pinside. I’ve never met a more impatient, pushy and demanding stranger. You’ve wasted way too many hours of my time.

I’m a fair and honest guy, I was never intending to keep your deposit, I’ve just been through an insanely busy week at work and home (and I warned you of that). But after the shit you’ve pulled consider it gone. I hope this turns out to be a cheap $100 lesson for you about being a nice, decent and respectful human.

If you were going to lose your nut, why not just call me like an adult?

And why do you have 2 pinside accounts?

Ps. If you really need the $100 back to help pay for the hot water tank that you used for an excuse to get out of the deal, call me.

Cam

#11487 4 years ago
Quoted from Cam:

Why do you have two accounts Sean?

#11488 4 years ago
Quoted from Cam:

Everyone, he’s referring me.
Dear Sean, Damien, or wizardscastle,
Unreal, now you’ve threatened me via text to call everyone at the company I work at to tell them I ripped you off?! And now publicly saying you’re going to get the Police involved? I’ve done nothing wrong, short of not replying promptly enough for your liking.
After hounding me for WEEKS via kijiji, pinside and text. I finally agreed to ship, take many rounds of pictures. You’ve honestly been the absolute worst buyer I’ve ever dealt with on kijiji or pinside. I’ve never met a more impatient, pushy and demanding stranger. You’ve wasted way too many hours of my time.
I’m a fair and honest guy, I was never intending to keep your deposit, I’ve just been through an insanely busy week at work and home (and I warned you of that). But after the shit you’ve pulled consider it gone. I hope this turns out to be a cheap $100 lesson for you about being a nice, decent and respectful human.
If you were going to lose your nut, why not just call me like an adult?
Ps. If you really need the $100 back to help pay for the hot water tank that you used for an excuse to get out of the deal, call me.
Cam

Hahaha. This is often why I consider stepping away from this hobby, or at least the social part of it.

You've changed the price 3 times on this game trying to rope suckers it. I took the bait, stain on me

You say I hounded you, but you reply with a one liner and disappear.

I have met a lot of excellent people in this hobby, and I've done bought and sold my share of games. Everyone who knows me, knows I am completely honest and fair.

I don't change price, I don't go MIA when someone is talking to me about a game, and I don't keep a deposit because I took 10 photos for someone that ch aged his mind the next day.

Keep the money. I dodged a real bad deal here, and if it only cost me $100, I made out well.

#11489 4 years ago

I get it all here and I enjoy all the good stuff about this forum, one guy went public, then the nxt with a retort, which is TOTALLY fair.

Please let's not let this good thread become one of those "Best of Pinside" locked threads...... please...

#11490 4 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Hahaha. This is often why I consider stepping away from this hobby, or at least the social part of it.
You've changed the price 3 times on this game trying to rope suckers it. I took the bait, stain on me
You say I hounded you, but you reply with a one liner and disappear.
I have met a lot of excellent people in this hobby, and I've done bought and sold my share of games. Everyone who knows me, knows I am completely honest and fair.
I don't change price, I don't go MIA when someone is talking to me about a game, and I don't keep a deposit because I took 10 photos for someone that ch aged his mind the next day.
Keep the money. I dodged a real bad deal here, and if it only cost me $100, I made out well.

I’ve personally bought multiple pinball machines from Cam. Smooth easy transaction every time. He asked for deposit then I picked up the machine after. Unsaid rule but I stand by it, deposit is gone if you back out. Time is money. Don’t waste people’s time.

#11491 4 years ago

*insert popcorn gif of choosing*

#11492 4 years ago

Been a while since I posted but still looking for early 80's project pins.

#11493 4 years ago

Glad I don't have to deal with more than my $100 loss.

I'm done here.

#11494 4 years ago

Isn't there a pinside rule that you can't have duplicate accounts?

#11495 4 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Isn't there a pinside rule that you can't have duplicate accounts?

EDIT - Found it.

Only Register Once

We don’t allow members to open multiple accounts, nor do we allow members to create accounts designed to impersonate others. Please only sign-up once using a legitimate email address.

#11496 4 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

EDIT - Found it.
Only Register Once
We don’t allow members to open multiple accounts, nor do we allow members to create accounts designed to impersonate others. Please only sign-up once using a legitimate email address.

Isn’t there a rule about quoting yourself

#11498 4 years ago

is his wizard castle a 'business' account?

#11499 4 years ago

well look at that... you can quote yourself!

#11500 4 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

I don't go MIA when someone is talking to me about a game

Except for last month when you told me you were interested in my Dialed In and, after I sent pictures and got a shipping quote and went over everything with you, you went quiet for 2 days, then replied you would get back to me that week and then ghosted me for 10 days only to tell me "I've had a lot of things come up and unfortunately I'm going to have to put pinball off for a while."....and then you struck up a deal with Cam immediately after. Cooool story bro.

There are 24,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 230 of 493.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-in-canada-have-any-pins-they-want-to-sell/page/230?hl=pkrobin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.