(Topic ID: 76928)

Anybody in Canada have any pins they want to sell?

By Spencer

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,772 posts
  • 703 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 hours ago by KnockerPTSD
  • Topic is favorited by 432 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DumbnDumber (resized).jpg
111111 (resized).jpg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (resized).jpeg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (1) (resized).jpeg
L1000528 (resized).JPG
L1000531 edit (resized).jpg
L1000537 edit (resized).jpg
L1000539 edit (resized).jpg
L1000540 (resized).JPG
L1000542 (resized).JPG
L1000543 (resized).JPG
L1000544 edit (resized).jpg
L1000548 (resized).JPG
L1000549 (resized).JPG
L1000545 (resized).JPG
L1000526 (resized).JPG
There are 24,772 posts in this topic. You are on page 220 of 496.
#10951 5 years ago

18 HOUR ROAD TRIP !!

Big thanks to Willathrilla for a smooth transaction and having the game prepped and ready to go; spent less than 5 minutes at his place before heading back home. Game plays great, family is happy to have Avatar in the house.

#10952 5 years ago

My wife recently ordered me the wrong size PDI glass - wide body - brand new sheet should arrive in Waterloo, ON in the next week or so. If someone wants it @ 300 USD no shipping, where I can drive it to you or you can come pick it up, please PM me.

Thanks
Osric

#10953 5 years ago

Ah hello,
She's telling you to buy a wide body.

#10954 5 years ago
Quoted from BMHouze:

Ah hello,
She's telling you to buy a wide body.

That's probably the best solution.

#10955 5 years ago
Quoted from Osric:

My wife recently ordered me the wrong size PDI glass - wide body - brand new sheet should arrive in Waterloo, ON in the next week or so. If someone wants it @ 300 USD no shipping, where I can drive it to you or you can come pick it up, please PM me.
Thanks
Osric

Hello TZ

#10956 5 years ago
Quoted from Osric:

Thanks
Osric

hey - what is it costing you delivered? I am looking for some myself. Does anyone know a good supplier here in Canada?

#10957 5 years ago
Quoted from Osric:

Thanks
Osric

Pm sent

#10958 5 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

hey - what is it costing you delivered? I am looking for some myself. Does anyone know a good supplier here in Canada?

It's quite pricey due to shipping and duty. This shipment hasn't arrived yet, so I only know the cost without duty so far:

$300 PDI Sheet
$300 PDI Widebody
$70 Shipping
$210 Additional Shipping
??? Duty

$880 Total (USD)
$1,175 CAD

I don't know of a cost effective way to buy in Canada other than getting a group together to order all at once to share out the shipping costs.

Osric

#10959 5 years ago
Quoted from Osric:

I'm sorry at risk of being a first-class flake, I am going to retract this from sale. When my wife found out I was offering it without charging for shipping or duty she was pretty unhappy with me.

Maybe I can get a TZ out of it in the end

Or if not once I've sorted a firm asking price, I will repost.

Sorry
Osric

#10960 5 years ago

I think we’ve all realized we rarely if ever, get taxes and duty out of any resale...especially for mods

#10961 5 years ago
Quoted from Osric:

It's quite pricey due to shipping and duty. This shipment hasn't arrived yet, so I only know the cost without duty so far:
$300 PDI Sheet
$300 PDI Widebody
$70 Shipping
$210 Additional Shipping
??? Duty
$880 Total (USD)
$1,175 CAD
I don't know of a cost effective way to buy in Canada other than getting a group together to order all at once to share out the shipping costs.
Osric

Anyone know how the PDI compares to Invisiglass from JJP?

Stern HD definitely isn't as good as the JJP glass. You literally see no glass at all.

And the junk that CGC puts on it's limited edition games might as well be standard glass.

#10962 5 years ago
Quoted from Osric:

$300 PDI Sheet
$300 PDI Widebody
$70 Shipping
$210 Additional Shipping
??? Duty
$880 Total (USD)
$1,175 CAD
Osric

I wonder if a local glass shop can have something similar shipped in. Shirley there must be other companies producing this glass.

#10963 5 years ago

Yea seems strange that no one would offer this in Canada. I'll swing by Flintstone Glass in Etobicoke on my way home today and see what they offer for anti reflection glass. Whats the standard pin size, 21 x 43 x 3/16? I need replacement glass for my 3 machines, so hopefully the price isn't exorbitant.

#10964 5 years ago
Quoted from Geteos:

Yea seems strange that no one would offer this in Canada. I'll swing by Flintstone Glass in Etobicoke on my way home today and see what they offer for anti reflection glass. Whats the standard pin size, 21 x 43 x 3/16? I need replacement glass for my 3 machines, so hopefully the price isn't exorbitant.

Please let us know what you find out; in prior years for whatever set of reasons this was really hard to find in small quantities (if you could at all).

Jersey Jack once remarked that when he first entered the high end glass game he was surprised that his first order of however many hundred or thousands of sheets was considered "nothing" in the glass world (e.g. you think that is a VOLUME order; get a load of this guy!).

I am surprised this has not come down in price really at all over the last 8 years or so?

#10965 5 years ago

Still for sale - Local pick up in Mississauga.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/75776

RBioN - $4200.

It's working great. Sitting in garage for easy pickup.

#10966 5 years ago
Quoted from GoodManners:

RBioN - $4200.

Great price! Glwts

#10967 5 years ago
Quoted from Osric:

Maybe I can get a TZ out of it in the end

Have a nice one available in K/W if you're serious.

#10968 5 years ago

Looking for a nice GnR or Maverick in Ontario thanks

#10969 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Anyone know how the PDI compares to Invisiglass from JJP?

I have compared and I considered them equivalent in terms of being truly invisible / a big step up from anything else.

However I had some reason I ultimately preferred PDI which I don't crisply remember -- a concern about coatings and/or cleaning of the JJP glass that I didn't have for the PDI glass. I do not remember well enough whether this concern was valid or not and the JJP owners I know have never complained about it.

Osric

#10970 5 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Please let us know what you find out; in prior years for whatever set of reasons this was really hard to find in small quantities (if you could at all).
Jersey Jack once remarked that when he first entered the high end glass game he was surprised that his first order of however many hundred or thousands of sheets was considered "nothing" in the glass world (e.g. you think that is a VOLUME order; get a load of this guy!).
I am surprised this has not come down in price really at all over the last 8 years or so?

No luck from the two glass places near me, neither of them carry anti-reflective glass. It seems it is more common on the archival/museum side, so I'm going to reach out to some framing companies to see if they will sell just the glass.

#10971 5 years ago
Quoted from Geteos:

No luck from the two glass places near me, neither of them carry anti-reflective glass. It seems it is more common on the archival/museum side, so I'm going to reach out to some framing companies to see if they will sell just the glass.

So to be clear it isn't just about anti-reflective coatings. Glass comes in different clarities - e.g. starphire glass is very much sought after for aquariums (I believe Phoog's is starphire) - and different hardnesses. Getting glass that's actually clear (as opposed to the green-tinted glass that is almost univerally used) as well as anti-glare should produce the best results.

Nobody really knows what PDI glass is, nor what JJP is selling, in terms of sourcing the same glass from a regular glass supplier. It'd be great to know exactly what it was to search for the best deal.

#10972 5 years ago

I thought that I read years ago that the PDI or invisiglass was made with a proprietary process and only that one company made the stuff.

#10973 5 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

I thought that I read years ago that the PDI or invisiglass was made with a proprietary process and only that one company made the stuff.

you are correct - its made by a company in Germany

#10974 5 years ago

I believe it is a coating that they put on the glass after the tempering. This is why you can not use any glass cleaning product with ammonia as it will damage the coating. You also can very easily scratch the coating off.

#10975 5 years ago
Quoted from Osric:

So to be clear it isn't just about anti-reflective coatings. Glass comes in different clarities - e.g. starphire glass is very much sought after for aquariums (I believe Phoog's is starphire) - and different hardnesses. Getting glass that's actually clear (as opposed to the green-tinted glass that is almost univerally used) as well as anti-glare should produce the best results.
Nobody really knows what PDI glass is, nor what JJP is selling, in terms of sourcing the same glass from a regular glass supplier. It'd be great to know exactly what it was to search for the best deal.

I've also dabbled in planted tanks so I'm familiar with starphire glass.

From my understanding you can get anti-reflection from either a coating or from using low-iron glass (starphire).

Apparently the highest clarity would be obtained with a combination of low iron glass and optical coatings. This company says they ship worldwide, but they're US based so I'm thinking that won't be cheap. https://www.waterwhiteglass.com

Now that I'm starting to understand the terminology I'm going to prod around some more and see if anyone offers low-iron glass around here.

#10977 5 years ago

Anyone else tired of this glass talk? Isn't this a pins for sale thread? Why not take it to the What's Up Canada thread? Lol

#10978 5 years ago
Quoted from GoodManners:

RBioN - $4200.

Ya great price for a RBION!

#10979 5 years ago
Quoted from toasterman04:

Ya great price for a RBION!

Could use some sweet new glass though...

#10980 5 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Anyone else tired of this glass talk? Isn't this a pins for sale thread? Why not take it to the What's Up Canada thread? Lol

I like the glass talk.

I will have some pics of a 2007 era Stern spiderman for sale in Victoria tonight to satisfy your sales needs

Hopefully someone around here wants it!

#10981 5 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

I like the glass talk.
I will have some pics of a 2007 era Stern spiderman for sale in Victoria tonight to satisfy your sales needs
Hopefully someone around here wants it!

Oh i’d LOVE to have her back but we just went all out with a Deadpool.

#10982 5 years ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

Oh i’d LOVE to have her back but we just went all out with a Deadpool.

Nice score! Definitely a lot of nice games released lately.

#10983 5 years ago

Here are the pics from my Spiderman; asking 7k, game is located in Victoria:

I just took a (possibly crazy) amount of pics and uploaded them here:
https://1drv.ms/f/s!Aou7HguTl0JigbhKnl59mVvvE2LZcg

It was routed for a time years ago, but the outside cabinet is in great shape. I am sure the inside could be touched up with a paint pen here and there, I tend to keep stuff like that original.

The good: It is is in pretty good shape. I upgraded to comet LED's soon after I bought the game years ago, added an LED OCD board so you can still tell where the 2x and 3x multipliers are (as well as maintaining the light show), added a shaker motor and upgraded to flipper fidelity speakers. I wanted a players game I could rock out to, and that is what this is.

The bad: There is some playfield wear near the doc oc magnet (I would consider this normal wear, but it is there). The plastics on this game seem to take a beating; if needing perfect plastics is your thing replacements are available at pinball life, I just never felt like dropping the cash on those, just to keep them in the bag in the cabinet. There are some tiny white dots on the translite; it almost looks like something from the factory as the back of the translite looks fine.

I swear I bought a replacement sandman plastic (those are broken basically 100% of the time; mine has been upgraded with some spring steel, which has worked and been durable. If/when I remember where my sandman plastic is I will include it. I have a paper manual to include as well (I know where that is ).

#10984 5 years ago

Hey all

Total Nuclear Annihilation. $9,000 OBO (Trades considered, select titles below, or anything interesting).

This unit is fully loaded with full RGB LEDs throughout, laser-cut custom side rails, 4-player digital displays, and an LCD screen. It also has all the extras available, including pinblades, speaker light diffusers, shaker motor, knocker, and vinyl sticker set (not installed, still brand new!).

This is a low production game, with less than 500 having been built so far, making it very collectable (it is the only one in SK!). No more will be built for a while.

$9,000 OBO

Trades considered (in any order):
Batman 66
AfMr SE
MBr SE
Shadow
Doodle Bug
IJ 93'
Guardians of the Galaxy

Pin is on location at the cafe if interested in checking it out. Thanks!

#10985 5 years ago

Up for sale 1979 Gottlieb Genie pinball machine

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1425087141

I can bring it to Yegpin, asking 2250.00

#10986 5 years ago

I just sold the first pin I owned (luckily, I still have another one) to shake things up and help fund the purchase of something new and exciting. If anyone is taking something to yegpin that will be for sale, send me a message! I'd be interested to hear about any pins that are 90's and newer. Thanks!

#10987 5 years ago

Have the following for sale:

- Dialed In playfield (NIB)
- Medieval Madness Remake playfield (NIB)
* works with MM, but needs some drilling *
- Coin Taker shaker motor (lightly used)

PM if interested.

#10988 5 years ago

Just to be clear, I imagine these are unpopulated playfields?

#10989 5 years ago

I hope some project machines show up and yegpin. Wish it was also a pin swap meet.

#10990 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Just to be clear, I imagine these are unpopulated playfields?

The Dialed In pf has the t-nuts and wooden rails installed, as well as all mylar. These are not available for sale thought JJP, so a pretty rare fine.

The Medieval Madness one is just the playfield itself. It was made for MMR, but can also be used for MM. Much nicer than the Mirco repros, as these were made by the same company that did the original pfs back int he day. I purchase this from PPS for $800 USD before shipping/taxes/duties.

#10991 5 years ago

Considering selling my Walking Dead Premium. Bought brand new Dec, 2017.
Very low plays. Has mostly just sat unplayed. No mods.
If I sell, I think $9000 is a fair price.
Anyone in Victoria looking for one?

#10992 5 years ago
Quoted from kyriel:

I just sold the first pin I owned (luckily, I still have another one) to shake things up and help fund the purchase of something new and exciting. If anyone is taking something to yegpin that will be for sale, send me a message! I'd be interested to hear about any pins that are 90's and newer. Thanks!

If I don't sell it before then, my Dialed In LE will be up for sale at yegpin.

#10993 5 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

If I don't sell it before then, my Dialed In LE will be up for sale at yegpin.

I probably haven't developed a proper appreciation for it, but the one I've played locally has not yet made me fall in love with DI.

#10994 5 years ago

I think DI plays best in a home environment because setting the game up right is key. On location it never seems set up as good as mine, or maybe I am just being to picky.

#10995 5 years ago

Put my Breakshot up on Kijiji for $2900.
I'm not looking for trades but I also wasn't looking for most of the machines I have bought..

#10996 5 years ago

Any Pinside brothers near Mimico, Ontario.
I would like to buy a game from a guy there who doesn't know how to pack and ship.

I would need the game dropped off at Day & Ross depot.

Cheers

#10997 5 years ago

Cactus Canyon for Sale in Langley BC.

vancouver.craigslist.org link

#10998 5 years ago

Anybody looking for a barely played Munsters LE? If so pm me

#10999 5 years ago

If anyone is headed down to yegpin and has 1 or more good used dmd's that they have replaced with a color one (or just spares kicking around) pm me, as I need to purchase a couple replacements.

#11000 5 years ago
Quoted from blowback1976:

I have a fully working F-14 Tomcat Pinball machine for trade. Playfield is in excellent shape with no fading on the blue/red arrow inserts. No insert wear, full LED's, a blue X-Pin LED display. Also has updated plastics for the top left and right side of the playfield. Topper fully works as well, and includes manual.
Looking to trade for one of the following games, working or not: Hook, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Maverick, Cue Ball Wizard, Street Fighter 2, Wipeout, Rescue 911, Rocky and Bullwinkle, Freddy: Nightmare on Elm Street, Bone Busters, Frankenstein,Barb Wire, Roller Coaster Tycoon, Robocop.
Some pics on kijiji:
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1422987446

F-14 Still available.

Added over 5 years ago:

Game is gone.

There are 24,772 posts in this topic. You are on page 220 of 496.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-in-canada-have-any-pins-they-want-to-sell/page/220?hl=zpinman370 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.