(Topic ID: 76928)

Anybody in Canada have any pins they want to sell?

By Spencer

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,839 posts
  • 703 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 hours ago by Eagles77
  • Topic is favorited by 432 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DumbnDumber (resized).jpg
111111 (resized).jpg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (resized).jpeg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (1) (resized).jpeg
L1000528 (resized).JPG
L1000531 edit (resized).jpg
L1000537 edit (resized).jpg
L1000539 edit (resized).jpg
L1000540 (resized).JPG
L1000542 (resized).JPG
L1000543 (resized).JPG
L1000544 edit (resized).jpg
L1000548 (resized).JPG
L1000549 (resized).JPG
L1000545 (resized).JPG
L1000526 (resized).JPG
There are 24,839 posts in this topic. You are on page 216 of 497.
#10751 5 years ago

The shipping cost is not part of the value. 4500 in your house isn’t a terrible price if it’s in great shape although I imagine you could find one easy enough in Canada.

#10752 5 years ago
Quoted from Geteos:

Yea for sure. I'm at $4100CDN before taxes right now.
When you import, do you claim the price with inter US shipping? Or just the pin itself?
Figured I would print out the ad showing $2700USD to use as my "receipt". RBC only lets me send $2500 per day, so my bank statements won't reflect the price correctly. Thoughts?

I would just go to Allentown and get it, he said he'll bring it if its presold.

#10753 5 years ago
Quoted from Geteos:

Anyone have a Getaway:HS2 for sale?
I have a lead on one in the US, but factoring in shipping I'm looking at around $4500CDN with the exchange rate to get it to Toronto.
Want to see if there's any in Canada available right now. LMK.

Here's one for a nice price if its all legit:
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-toys-games/city-of-toronto/getaway-high-speed-ii-pinball-williams-arcade-machine/1420239959?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

edit: looks like its been taken off kijiji already. Hopefully it went to you? Fingers crossed for you.

#10754 5 years ago

I have had a pin shipped to a depot in the USA and then I traveled to pick up. Returning to Canada the customs officer informed me that all goods and services paid for in the USA for the item and delivery are taxable and forced me to pay tax on everything.

#10755 5 years ago

Wow that’s bs. I’ve been shipping and buying from America for many years and I’ve never been told or charged this.

I’ve even paid the tax on a nib pin at the border and they didn’t add the shipping charge.

#10756 5 years ago

I messaged him 2 minutes after he posted it. Not sure if it's legit but I'm trying to go see it today. The ad has since been taken down.

#10757 5 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinballer:

I have had a pin shipped to a depot in the USA and then I traveled to pick up. Returning to Canada the customs officer informed me that all goods and services paid for in the USA for the item and delivery are taxable and forced me to pay tax on everything.

Yea I had the same happen to me 10 years ago when I bought a bicycle in the US. I had the bike shipped overnight to my hotel and when I went to pay the taxes at the Detroit border they taxed me on the shipping charge saying its Goods and SERVICES tax...

Was wondering what everyone else's experiences were like, it seems like it's highly dependent on the agent.

#10758 5 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

The shipping cost is not part of the value. 4500 in your house isn’t a terrible price if it’s in great shape although I imagine you could find one easy enough in Canada.

I've been looking for about a month now and no dice.

I'm not sure if that's a long time to be looking for a pin in this hobby though, haha. I've only been in it since the beginning of Feb.

#10759 5 years ago
Quoted from Geteos:

I'm not sure if that's a long time to be looking for a pin in this hobby though, haha. I've only been in it since the beginning of Feb.

I'm getting a junk yard in a couple weeks. Been looking for about a year. I've also been looking for an xmen pro on and off for a year. A month is a blink in pinball

#10760 5 years ago
Quoted from Geteos:

I had an ad up wanting a Monopoly for a year. Someone offered me a picture of the monopoly man from the ad, that was
my only bite

#10761 5 years ago

I have to learn patience with this hobby too. I was heavily into retro videogames before coming over to pinball, and unless you were after something really, really rare, it was always pretty easy to quickly find and buy what you were after. With pinball, not so much lol.

With that said, if anyone has a movie/tv show based data east or sega pin in Manitoba or Saskatchewan they would like to sell, please let me know. A demolition man would be cool too. Budget would be 3000-3500 at the moment.

#10762 5 years ago
Quoted from Geteos:

Yea I had the same happen to me 10 years ago when I bought a bicycle in the US. I had the bike shipped overnight to my hotel and when I went to pay the taxes at the Detroit border they taxed me on the shipping charge saying its Goods and SERVICES tax...
Was wondering what everyone else's experiences were like, it seems like it's highly dependent on the agent.

Living so close (I can see Detroit), I cross all of the time to get my pins - not so much with the current dollar, but I don’t ever recall paying any more than the normal tax (13% HST) though I believe there may be a 2.5% additional charge for customs?
I will have to look for my customs receipt as I recently just crossed with a shipped AFMLE. I don’t think I was taxed on the shipping - though, what’s an extra 40$ when you spend 12k?!

#10763 5 years ago

A few months is nothing to look for a game. I’ve looked for a year or two for a pin in certain condition or at right price.

Good idea is to have a short list of games you always looking for cuz you never know when and where one might fall in your lap.

#10764 5 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

Living so close (I can see Detroit), I cross all of the time to get my pins - not so much with the current dollar, but I don’t ever recall paying any more than the normal tax (13% HST) though I believe there may be a 2.5% additional charge for customs?
I will have to look for my customs receipt as I recently just crossed with a shipped AFMLE. I don’t think I was taxed on the shipping - though, what’s an extra 40$ when you spend 12k?!

In September last year (I think it was September?) I brought back a TWD and only paid HST. I did however pay that 13% on what the boarder's exchange rate, not discounted rate I paid for my US cash. If making a bigger purchase in US dollars take a look at knightsbridgefx. In the end I didn't end up going with them as I was able to get a more competitive price from my bank than posted rate but if you are going to spend a bunch it's an option.

#10765 5 years ago

In Edmonton for medical appointments tonight... pinball???

#10766 5 years ago

I'm not hearing back from that Getaway seller anymore. Was probably to good to be true but I'm close enough I was willing drive it. Oh well, would have been a nice grab for my small collection.

#10767 5 years ago

There is a league night at Lucky's Lounge for the Multiballers Club I believe. DHPL League is tomorrow unfortunately or else you could have for sure played in that there is usually around 40 people that show for that event.

Quoted from Pauz21:

In Edmonton for medical appointments tonight... pinball???

#10768 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I'm not hearing back from that Getaway seller anymore. Was probably to good to be true but I'm close enough I was willing drive it. Oh well, would have been a nice grab for my small collection.

Sorry to hear that. Did you have a bit of communication before they stopped responding? I’m guessing someone offered a couple hundred bucks more than their asking price to get them to take down the ad and give them dibs on it over everyone else.

#10769 5 years ago

A SMB showed up on Kijiji in Toronto which is another game on my want list, but he’s asking $4K, which feels a bit high for a Gottlieb, it’ll also wipe out my pinball funds for a few months. Decisions!

#10770 5 years ago
Quoted from Geteos:

A SMB showed up on Kijiji in Toronto which is another game on my want list, but he’s asking $4K, which feels a bit high for a Gottlieb, it’ll also wipe out my pinball funds for a few months. Decisions!

I saw that one too. It’s not immaculate, but it’s pretty clean. It has the usual gottlieb hole wear, but the playfield art is in good shape, which isn’t always the case with these.
Most people say it’s too easy of a pin, but I quite enjoy mine. I wouldn’t/didn’t pay $4000 for mine though. Usually people ask a fair bit for this pin based on theme alone, so it can sometimes fall out of the usually gottlieb price norm.
One nice thing about gottliebs is they are pretty bulletproof pins.

#10771 5 years ago
Quoted from sixtyfourbits:

I saw that one too. It’s not immaculate, but it’s pretty clean. It has the usual gottlieb hole wear, but the playfield art is in good shape, which isn’t always the case with these.
Most people say it’s too easy of a pin, but I quite enjoy mine. I wouldn’t/didn’t pay $4000 for mine though. Usually people ask a fair bit for this pin based on theme alone, so it can sometimes fall out of the usually gottlieb price norm.
One nice thing about gottliebs is they are pretty bulletproof pins.

What do you think a fair price would be for a SMB? Like 3k?

#10772 5 years ago
Quoted from sixtyfourbits:

Sorry to hear that. Did you have a bit of communication before they stopped responding? I’m guessing someone offered a couple hundred bucks more than their asking price to get them to take down the ad and give them dibs on it over everyone else.

More likely a scam. I live an hr away. I responded 2min after the post and he ghosted when we started talking about a good time for me to come to his house. He was working until 5pm apparantly and I was free all day with my son who is on March break. Hopefully someone got lucky but the kijiji account was brand new, the price was REALLY low and he disappeared after realizing I could just drive there.

#10773 5 years ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

There is a league night at Lucky's Lounge for the Multiballers Club I believe. DHPL League is tomorrow unfortunately or else you could have for sure played in that there is usually around 40 people that show for that event.

Isn’t DHPL Thursday?

#10774 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

More likely a scam. I live an hr away. I responded 2min after the post and he ghosted when we started talking about a good time for me to come to his house. He was working until 5pm apparantly and I was free all day with my son who is on March break. Hopefully someone got lucky but the kijiji account was brand new, the price was REALLY low and he disappeared after realizing I could just drive there.

Screams of a scam. Anytime a game is priced well under value and the user registered the same day it is a scam 99.9% of the time.

#10775 5 years ago

You never know with Canada Customs. Had a WOZ coming in years ago & had all the brokerage done. I still got hit with a $200 additional bill from Day & Ross when they wanted a special inspection of the game (from the truck).

#10776 5 years ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

You never know with Canada Customs. Had a WOZ coming in years ago & had all the brokerage done. I still got hit with a $200 additional bill from Day & Ross when they wanted a special inspection of the game (from the truck).

I paid $80 duty just for one colordmd to Ontario in May 2018. Its almost a random thing

#10777 5 years ago

Oh ya thought it was Wednesday today lol... Don’t mind me just losing my mind.

Quoted from RumRunner9:

Isn’t DHPL Thursday?

#10778 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I paid $80 duty just for one colordmd to Ontario in May 2018. Its almost a random thing

That sucks, I just ordered $180 worth of leds from comet and didn’t pay any taxes or duties. The box was tiny though so it probably didn’t warrant a second glance.

#10779 5 years ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

Oh ya thought it was Wednesday today lol... Don’t mind me just losing my mind.

You're just a man ahead of your time

#10780 5 years ago
Quoted from Geteos:

That sucks, I just ordered $180 worth of leds from comet and didn’t pay any taxes or duties. The box was tiny though so it probably didn’t warrant a second glance.

Sometimes it depends what the American sellers write as the contents value on the box. Most understand and seem willing to help.

#10781 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

That was probably shipped UPS. They throw bullshit import charges on stuff, usually about 1/3 the value of the item. If getting stuff shipped to me from the USA, I'll only take USPS shipping.

#10783 5 years ago

Great! I just sent him a message if he’s willing to ship to Toronto if I arrange it. Anyone local that would be willing to check it out for me to make sure it’s not a scam?

#10784 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

If it was the $2,850 Getaway posted yesterday it most certainly was a scam... I asked him if the pictures were of his actual machine and he said they were then I asked him why they were the same pictures in this ad: https://www.homeleisuredirect.com/pinball-machines/vintage-pinball-machines/getaway-high-speed-ii-pinball-machine-2.html

I also asked him if the game was converted to 110 because it appears to be plugged into a 220 outlet... he stopped responding to me too

#10786 5 years ago

Another one was posted for $3,500 in Toronto area. Wonder if it was that cheaper one but now posted at a higher price.

#10787 5 years ago
Quoted from Murphelman:

Another one was posted for $3,500 in Toronto area. Wonder if it was that cheaper one but now posted at a higher price.

Looks kinda sketchy too, only one pic of the back glass. Private seller, only ad on Kijiji, less than one day active.

What's the deal with this game and scams?

I messaged him for some more pics of the machine. Don't want to go somewhere with $3500 cash and get shanked.

#10788 5 years ago

I brought a Whitewater over and didn’t pay a single cent as buddy was just so stoked to see a ‘new’ pinball.

Another time I brought a SM over and had to pay 12% of the cost as well as the shipping.

Then one time I simply checked my US mail, brought back an REI catalog and got my vehicle stripped.

They do whatever they want

#10789 5 years ago

Watch out for the Toronto Getaway seller. He is looking to rob people. He vanished as soon as I purposely stayed saying WE will be there soon. Ive been speaking to another user on pinball revolution who recieved fake pics AND pics from the Calgary ad. This is getting out of hand. Always be wary if sending money electronically but I should have to worry as much going to look at a local pin. Being worried about getting stabbed over a pin has never been an issue in the past. Geez

#10790 5 years ago

Yea, that's me! This is getting ridiculous! The Calgary guy sent me pics of a machine with a UK plug, when questioned he said he changed the plug... The pics he used were clearly not taken by him. I blocked and deleted him. I bet it's the same person running the scam, just post in multiple cities and hope for a deposit.

When I bought my house last year, someone took the MLS pictures and posted a kijiji ad saying my house was for rent for $1600/month (which if you know rental prices in Toronto, is impossible for a whole house).. I then had several days of people wandering around my property saying they had paid one months rent to a guy online. I ended up having to post a sign on my door telling people to contact Toronto Police cause they were scammed.

Crazy world!

#10791 5 years ago

and now he is in Timmons lol

#10792 5 years ago
Quoted from Geteos:

Yea, that's me! This is getting ridiculous! The Calgary guy sent me pics of a machine with a UK plug, when questioned he said he changed the plug... The pics he used were clearly not taken by him. I blocked and deleted him. I bet it's the same person running the scam, just post in multiple cities and hope for a deposit.
When I bought my house last year, someone took the MLS pictures and posted a kijiji ad saying my house was for rent for $1600/month (which if you know rental prices in Toronto, is impossible for a whole house).. I then had several days of people wandering around my property saying they had paid one months rent to a guy online. I ended up having to post a sign on my door telling people to contact Toronto Police cause they were scammed.
Crazy world!

Yeah guy in calgary sent pics pulled from a website. pretty crazy a lot of these ads are floating around.

#10793 5 years ago

I’m glad I’m after pins that aren’t popular/valuable enough for these guys to make fake ads for lol.

#10794 5 years ago
Quoted from roar:

If it was the $2,850 Getaway posted yesterday it most certainly was a scam... I asked him if the pictures were of his actual machine and he said they were then I asked him why they were the same pictures in this ad: https://www.homeleisuredirect.com/pinball-machines/vintage-pinball-machines/getaway-high-speed-ii-pinball-machine-2.html
I also asked him if the game was converted to 110 because it appears to be plugged into a 220 outlet... he stopped responding to me too

Lol good catch bud. Also it's not a Getaway HSII, he says its a Getaway HP. I never knew HP made pins.

#10796 5 years ago
Quoted from luch:

is this the same game back at a new price ?https://www.kijiji.ca/v-toys-games/city-of-toronto/getaway-high-speed-ii-pinball-williams-arcade-machine/1420340639?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Yes, same scam. Both me and graysons dad contacted the seller. The guy stopped responding when pressed for more info.

#10797 5 years ago
Quoted from luch:

is this the same game back at a new price ?https://www.kijiji.ca/v-toys-games/city-of-toronto/getaway-high-speed-ii-pinball-williams-arcade-machine/1420340639?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Gone

#10798 5 years ago

That might be because i sent him pictures of dicks lol

#10799 5 years ago

I know of a Getaway in Ottawa if anyone is still interested- sorry I lost track in this thread who was looking. May be able to get it back to the GTA, but likely not soon. Price will likely be a bit over $4k.
PM if interested.

#10800 5 years ago

Hey guys. Was wondering what RGB light strips you are buying for mods (ie undercab lighting).
I had bought some from our Chinese friends only to have them quit working after a few weeks. I though maybe I bought the wrong “plug”, or power supply they come with (as there are options).
Any ideas which ones work over here?
Thanks for the tips!

There are 24,839 posts in this topic. You are on page 216 of 497.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-in-canada-have-any-pins-they-want-to-sell/page/216?hl=murphelman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.