(Topic ID: 76928)

Anybody in Canada have any pins they want to sell?

By Spencer

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,839 posts
  • 703 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 hours ago by Eagles77
  • Topic is favorited by 432 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DumbnDumber (resized).jpg
111111 (resized).jpg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (resized).jpeg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (1) (resized).jpeg
L1000528 (resized).JPG
L1000531 edit (resized).jpg
L1000537 edit (resized).jpg
L1000539 edit (resized).jpg
L1000540 (resized).JPG
L1000542 (resized).JPG
L1000543 (resized).JPG
L1000544 edit (resized).jpg
L1000548 (resized).JPG
L1000549 (resized).JPG
L1000545 (resized).JPG
L1000526 (resized).JPG
There are 24,839 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 497.
#1001 9 years ago

Spencer's interpersonal skills are just fine in my books. If I had any interest in a Transformers pin I would deal with him in a heartbeat. His price is great, the machine is great and he's been around long enough to have a solid reputation in the pinball community. He's the kind of seller that I know I could trust his word on a machines condition, even without seeing it in person or pics.

I understand that he must come across as hostile, but you probably are unaware of how many tire-kickers and time-wasters there are in this hobby. If you're selling a machine, prepare to waste a lot of time replying to people who will ask tons of questions and then, without explanation, never get back to you (leaving you hanging and possibly missing real sales). If you've ever posted an ad on Kijiji, it's probably worse than what you get there.

So, number one rule: nobody wants to deal with an asshole. Be polite, be nice, be brief,ask the questions you have, and let the seller know if you're going to buy or not. Don't air your dirty laundry out in public, because the people who have been around here longer than you will almost always be favoured by the rest of us, simply because we know them. Spencer wasn't being rude, he was just pointing out that you are probably a tire kicker. I would make the same assumption. Most of us probably would. I get that you're looking for the best deal you can get on a great pin that you'll love, the first pin is a big deal and is a lot of money to plunk down, but understand that you're new to this and don't know what it's like from anyone who's been around a while's end.

Don't be offended, stick around, the canadian pin community needs more enthusiasts.

#1002 9 years ago

EDIT: SOLD!

Well I got more shot for my NGG. I still have to install the side rails. Still up for sale.

Installed the new beer seal last night on the lockdown bar. Just got a few more thing left to do before this puppy leaves.

http://s1344.photobucket.com/user/flashinstinct/library/No%20Good%20Gofers%20Restore

*show off the leds and hard to keep the backglass from reflecting off the playfield LOL*

*show the leds*

#1003 9 years ago

Thanks Aeon, appreciate the positive comments. In this case he is just bitter because he was the tire kicker (and has been to many board members) and excuse maker when it came to buying my TFTC, so I sold it to someone else. Then he decided he would get angry about it.

#1004 9 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Spencer's interpersonal skills are just fine in my books. If I had any interest in a Transformers pin I would deal with him in a heartbeat. His price is great, the machine is great and he's been around long enough to have a solid reputation in the pinball community. He's the kind of seller that I know I could trust his word on a machines condition, even without seeing it in person or pics.
I understand that he must come across as hostile, but you probably are unaware of how many tire-kickers and time-wasters there are in this hobby. If you're selling a machine, prepare to waste a lot of time replying to people who will ask tons of questions and then, without explanation, never get back to you (leaving you hanging and possibly missing real sales). If you've ever posted an ad on Kijiji, it's probably worse than what you get there.
So, number one rule: nobody wants to deal with an asshole. Be polite, be nice, be brief,ask the questions you have, and let the seller know if you're going to buy or not. Don't air your dirty laundry out in public, because the people who have been around here longer than you will almost always be favoured by the rest of us, simply because we know them. Spencer wasn't being rude, he was just pointing out that you are probably a tire kicker. I would make the same assumption. Most of us probably would. I get that you're looking for the best deal you can get on a great pin that you'll love, the first pin is a big deal and is a lot of money to plunk down, but understand that you're new to this and don't know what it's like from anyone who's been around a while's end.
Don't be offended, stick around, the canadian pin community needs more enthusiasts.

Thanks for the feedback. You are right that I am a hard bargainer and you can call me a tire kicker if you want. I don't want to make the same mistake that I made when I bought my TAF seven months ago.

#1005 9 years ago

Hey guys, just wanted to pass on a word about an excellent seller, Al (handle on pinside Algrande) out of Calgary.

I bought his WOZECLE off of him, and it was my first time buying a pin from a long distance. (He's in Calgary, I'm in Wasaga Beach....about an hour and a half north of Toronto), so I had to get the pin shipped.

Al assured me of the condition of the pin and that he would make sure to crate the pin and ship. Got the pin yesterday and let me tell you, he packed this thing like it was Fort Knox. Never took me so long to set up a pin, and when I finally got her all set up, everything worked 100% and the pin was exactly as he described it.

If anyone considers dealing with Al, do so with 1000% confidence.

photo 1-1.JPGphoto 1-1.JPG photo 2-1.JPGphoto 2-1.JPG photo 3.JPGphoto 3.JPG photo-5.JPGphoto-5.JPG
#1006 9 years ago

Thanks Reg....I hope you enjoy the game, it's a beauty!

Quoted from Bigbossfan:

Hey guys, just wanted to pass on a word about an excellent seller, Al (handle on pinside Algrande) out of Calgary.
I bought his WOZECLE off of him, and it was my first time buying a pin from a long distance. (He's in Calgary, I'm in Wasaga Beach....about an hour and a half north of Toronto), so I had to get the pin shipped.
Al assured me of the condition of the pin and that he would make sure to crate the pin and ship. Got the pin yesterday and let me tell you, he packed this thing like it was Fort Knox. Never took me so long to set up a pin, and when I finally got her all set up, everything worked 100% and the pin was exactly as he described it.

photo 1-1.JPG 198 KB

photo 2-1.JPG 308 KB

photo 3.JPG 257 KB

photo-5.JPG 327 KB

#1007 9 years ago

Nice

Quoted from algrande:Thanks Reg....I hope you enjoy the game, it's a beauty!

Nice crating job! Did you do that yourself, or did someone else in Calgary? I have been tempted (and attempted) to buy from Calgary previously but the seller(s) were not big on shipping. You seem to have that issue figured out!

#1008 9 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

Wow, makes me want to buy a game from him. Anything else for sale?

#1009 9 years ago

Al is as top notch as a seller as he is a person, real stand up guy.

#1010 9 years ago

Well put if only everyone knew the rules it wouldn't be so much work to sell a pin. With that said I'm thinking about putting my STTNG up for trade or sale. Hoping to get 6000$, but new to the pin community don't Know if that is reasonable.

image.jpgimage.jpg
#1011 9 years ago

6k seems pretty high to me, are there any mods or anything done to it?

#1012 9 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

If that's his game in the picture it looks like it has full leds in the playfeild and back box and color dmd for sure. But I'm just going by what I see in the picture.

#1013 9 years ago

I had the crate from a previous purchase. I wish I built it, but now I know how to build one.

Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Nice

Nice crating job! Did you do that yourself, or did someone else in Calgary? I have been tempted (and attempted) to buy from Calgary previously but the seller(s) were not big on shipping. You seem to have that issue figured out!

#1014 9 years ago

Sorry at work right now but I will put up more pic when I get home. As for extras. Above Playfield fully led, few leds in head, news roms installed, tri coloured plasma ball, green Playfield mod, coloured dmd. Also fully cliffy here is a before and after of the catapult. Only pic I have on me.

image.jpgimage.jpg image-277.jpgimage-277.jpg
#1015 9 years ago

I'm bored need pinball buy/sell trade action not into a road trip either, I'd move JP but will keep all my other games, so no trades for that. maybe.

Would consider : Safecracker, BBB, Joust, Maybe some cool classic Collector Quality Vids also. Ms Pac Man. Galaga, Pac Man, Asteroids.

#1016 9 years ago

Here's a few more pics

image-835.jpgimage-835.jpg image-929.jpgimage-929.jpg image-588.jpgimage-588.jpg image-225.jpgimage-225.jpg image-98.jpgimage-98.jpg image-813.jpgimage-813.jpg
#1017 9 years ago

That STTNG looks good. Thank god those sling plastics are easy to get. You also have the plasma mod, which is really cool.

#1018 9 years ago

Totally subjective. Just because someone bolts, tapes or zip ties on some random mods does not make it worth more. It's a lot of work to remove that stuff. : )

#1019 9 years ago

I will be listing my STLE and maybe AFM if anyone is interested. I am in Toronto.

#1020 9 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

That STTNG looks good. Thank god those sling plastics are easy to get. You also have the plasma mod, which is really cool.

I think it's really nice. As for the sling plastics I have a new set somewhere also a new set of cannon wiring harness.

#1021 9 years ago
Quoted from Twilight1:

I think it's really nice. As for the sling plastics I have a new set somewhere also a new set of cannon wiring harness.

I sold a Sttng in similar condition last year,with laser cannons,custom painted Borg ship,and ColorDMD for 4800.00. No LEDs though.

#1022 9 years ago

4800 is giving it away. I don't 6k is a bad price for a nice example, especially in Canada with the dollar so unfavorable

#1023 9 years ago

Did someone ever deal with Nitro Amusements?They have Butterfly and Dragon Interflip and I would be interested

#1024 9 years ago
Quoted from VGC1612:

Did someone ever deal with Nitro Amusements?They have Butterfly and Dragon Interflip and I would be interested

I bought a Gorgar from Nitro. The game was OK but from a retail store, I'd expect more.
My Gorgar had lock bar holes on each side of the coin door. They should have been filled in and touched up.. The legs for the game had rust spots on them. The plunger spring was shot. Not sure if other retail stores fix things like warped/raised inserts or not but mine has them which throws the ball off course. Cabinet had some chips that were also not ever attempted to have been touched up. And to top that off, the ball itself was not new and had rough spots on it.
If I ever bought another from them, I'd go over it very carefully in person.

#1025 9 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

4800 is giving it away. I don't 6k is a bad price for a nice example, especially in Canada with the dollar so unfavorable

Where were you when I was giving it away then
It still took a couple of months to sell at that price.

#1026 9 years ago
Quoted from Engine09:

Totally subjective. Just because someone bolts, tapes or zip ties on some random mods does not make it worth more. It's a lot of work to remove that stuff. : )

Why would anybody remove a colour DMD and put in a regular one?

#1027 9 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

Yeah I remember that, it wasn't like it flew out the door even though it was a pretty nice machine.

QSS

#1028 9 years ago

Still looking for a LOTR or LOTRLE. I do have a Demolition Man and a Bride of Pinbot I would sell or trade.

#1029 9 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

I kinda thought you were giving it away too. I was shocked it took so long to sell at that price. I guess just bad timing.

#1030 9 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Thanks. And price is not firm. That's what I have into it but I seems you never get back what you put in.

#1031 9 years ago
Quoted from VGC1612:

The times I tried dealing with them I found them very unresponsive to my questions like they couldn't care less about my business. So I spent my money elsewhere.

Rob

#1032 9 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

The times I tried dealing with them I found them very unresponsive to my questions like they couldn't care less about my business. So I spent my money elsewhere.
Rob

I will probably do the same even if i want this Dragon.BTW i'm looking for Gigi,Slick Chick,Square Head and Majorettes

#1033 9 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

Sorry I don't really like that game too much. I'm shocked it took so long to sell

#1034 9 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

I kinda thought you were giving it away too. I was shocked it took so long to sell at that price. I guess just bad timing.

Yeah nothing's selling right now or else people want it for nothing. Too many new games coming out I guess

#1035 9 years ago

Shit would sell if there was stuff worth buying at a fair price.

#1036 9 years ago

Up priced sought after player vancouver.craigslist.ca link

#1037 9 years ago
Quoted from marlboroman:

I'm bored need pinball buy/sell trade action not into a road trip either, I'd move JP but will keep all my other games, so no trades for that. maybe.
Would consider : Safecracker, BBB, Joust, Maybe some cool classic Collector Quality Vids also. Ms Pac Man. Galaga, Pac Man, Asteroids.

I think Aljo (Claude) still has his Joust, and is near you isn't he? If you are seriously looking for that machine, given how rare it is, you really should look into that, as it's nice and close, and both for that title are very tough.

I'm kinda in the market now for a WOZ I think ( due to passing on a sweet deal before, but at least a friend got it from someone here ).

The new code is just reeling me in. Let me know if anyone is thinking of selling. Still looking for a HH as well, possibly a BH... I guess I'm not as done as I thought I was

#1039 9 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

I think Aljo (Claude) still has his Joust, and is near you isn't he? If you are seriously looking for that machine, given how rare it is, you really should look into that, as it's nice and close, and both for that title are very tough.
I'm kinda in the market now for a WOZ I think ( due to passing on a sweet deal before, but at least a friend got it from someone here ).
The new code is just reeling me in. Let me know if anyone is thinking of selling. Still looking for a HH as well, possibly a BH... I guess I'm not as done as I thought I was

It's not likely that you want to pay retail for a hh but they do have one at the pinballexchange in Hamilton. Just thought I'd mention it.

#1040 9 years ago
Quoted from misfitdart:

Shit would sell if there was stuff worth buying at a fair price.

The bubble - she be burst. At least on used games. Still there for A list games, but even there just not where it was a couple years ago. Or whatever and i'm an idiot - but something certainly has changed.

Zero offense to Twilight1 - STTNG will sit there for a while at 6. At least if will in Calgary. 2 years ago - you might have had a bidding war.

#1041 9 years ago
Quoted from Hobbypinball:

The bubble - she be burst. At least on used games. Still there for A list games, but even there just not where it was a couple years ago. Or whatever and i'm an idiot - but something certainly has changed.
Zero offense to Twilight1 - STTNG will sit there for a while at 6. At least if will in Calgary. 2 years ago - you might have had a bidding war.

No offence taken and ya I bought it in the boom. And It's still a awesome game. Won't be sorry if it don't sell may be if it does. But can't get a different game unless I sell one.

#1042 9 years ago
Quoted from jms121:

Why would anybody remove a colour DMD and put in a regular one?

because that's the way people like their games?

I hate mods on games myself, so when someone says "oh i got this wicked scoop light and these extra action figures I threw in and this topper" i say... who cares? Non-functional toys mean nothing to me.

I sold my TNG for 4,200 to a friend in Edmonton. I sold my DMD and painted ship to pingod because the guy I sold TNG to didn't care 1 bit about the parts and wouldn't pay for them. I didn't mind and understood he wanted it original.

#1043 9 years ago
Quoted from boris_37:

because that's the way people like their games?
I hate mods on games myself, so when someone says "oh i got this wicked scoop light and these extra action figures I threw in and this topper" i say... who cares? Non-functional toys mean nothing to me.
I sold my TNG for 4,200 to a friend in Edmonton. I sold my DMD and painted ship to pingod because the guy I sold TNG to didn't care 1 bit about the parts and wouldn't pay for them. I didn't mind and understood he wanted it original.

That's interesting, that's the same price I sold my TNG to pingod for. He bought your mods and put them on and played the game for a few months then he sold the game with mods for about what he paid for everything. Seams like a fair deal for all involved.

QSS

#1044 9 years ago
Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

That's interesting, that's the same price I sold my TNG to pingod for. He bought your mods and put them on and played the game for a few months then he sold the game with mods for about what he paid for everything. Seams like a fair deal for all involved.
QSS

Yes worked out well all around
Plus I added laser cannons,and a few other things.

#1045 9 years ago

Off the market for a while,I will let you know when I put it back up.

Freshly shopped out,CC playfield,new complete LEDs.
New G Ramp,new plastics,new pop bumper assemblies.
NOS snake plastic,new flipper coils and rebuild flippers.
New sheet of invisaglass.
Really nice condition.
Playfield looks like glass.
7500.00 CAN

image-406.jpgimage-406.jpg
image-280.jpgimage-280.jpg
image-319.jpgimage-319.jpg
image-140.jpgimage-140.jpg
image-295.jpgimage-295.jpg
image-40.jpgimage-40.jpg

#1046 9 years ago

This GNR is about the nicest you'll see. The playfield has been completely restored and everything looks /plays amazing!

#1047 9 years ago
Quoted from boris_37:

I sold my DMD and painted ship to pingod because the guy I sold TNG to didn't care 1 bit about the parts and wouldn't pay for them. I didn't mind and understood he wanted it original.

That makes sence that you took it out and sold it separate because he was not willing to pay the extra it is worth money.If he didn't want the DMD he could have took it out and sold it for 475.00$ and that's not fair to you.I agree that lot of mods don't add much value ,LEDs and such.I think having a colour DMD adds a little value to your game and you agree because you wanted more money for it,like having a clear coated playfield or something like that.He wasn't interested in those mods and didn't want to pay so you took them off which makes sense to me.Some people like the colour DMD and some people don't but clearly there is a market for it because they are still in business and they are being made for new games all the time like for LOTR.

#1048 9 years ago
Quoted from Hobbypinball:

I agree, prices have dropped a lot in the last few months. I cant believe someone hasn't picked up your FishTales yet. That said, I have excellent offers on a couple of my A list games, just not sure I want to part with them.

#1049 9 years ago

Price Drop - Orbitor 1 - $1600 CDN
Delivery available to GTA on Saturday Nov. 8 for $100.

#1050 9 years ago
Quoted from Twilight1:

No offence taken and ya I bought it in the boom. And It's still a awesome game. Won't be sorry if it don't sell may be if it does. But can't get a different game unless I sell one.

Hey - if you're in no rush - leave it at that price. I'm not gonna price police anyone - just making general observations that the market has slowed. Hope you sell it regardless.

There are 24,839 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 497.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-in-canada-have-any-pins-they-want-to-sell/page/21 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.