(Topic ID: 76928)

Anybody in Canada have any pins they want to sell?

By Spencer

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,641 posts
  • 703 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by Meegis
  • Topic is favorited by 432 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DumbnDumber (resized).jpg
111111 (resized).jpg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (resized).jpeg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (1) (resized).jpeg
L1000528 (resized).JPG
L1000531 edit (resized).jpg
L1000537 edit (resized).jpg
L1000539 edit (resized).jpg
L1000540 (resized).JPG
L1000542 (resized).JPG
L1000543 (resized).JPG
L1000544 edit (resized).jpg
L1000548 (resized).JPG
L1000549 (resized).JPG
L1000545 (resized).JPG
L1000526 (resized).JPG

There are 24,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 204 of 493.
#10151 5 years ago

Just get the MI pinheads to bring your buy to VFW.
Maybe you could get Brock to 'hold' a purchase for you. There must be a parts building(s) somewhere nearby.

I have also seen threads where Tim Arnold at the PHF in Vegas will hold your order if you are going to Vegas (I am sure a donation would be in order). I am heavily considering ordering a PP bg and shipping it to my wifes holtel while she is there.

You seem like a nice enough guy initially......

#10152 5 years ago
Quoted from BMHouze:

Just get the MI pinheads to bring your buy to VFW.
Maybe you could get Brock to 'hold' a purchase for you. There must be a parts building(s) somewhere nearby.
You seem like a nice enough guy initially......

I could have it get to vfw, but I often don't bring an SUV to that show.

Not sure it would fit in my daily driver. (Sarcasm, it def. won't fit hah)

#10153 5 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Actually if the seller will drive it into canada that is the best possible situation then you don't have to pay tax.

Great idea but very difficult to do.

I’ve tried but most sellers are resistant as they not sure of legalities or simply aren’t allowed to cross.

Also there’s not a lot of good excuses to bring it over other than repair. Most likely will get taxed if game staying in Canada.

Also the seller risks getting himself red flagged for the future.

You really just gotta pay that tax and don’t underdeclare by much as they google the game and it’s value 9/10 times.

#10154 5 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Great idea but very difficult to do.
I’ve tried but most sellers are resistant as they not sure of legalities or simply aren’t allowed to cross.
Also there’s not a lot of good excuses to bring it over other than repair. Most likely will get taxed if game staying in Canada.
Also the seller risks getting himself red flagged for the future.
You really just gotta pay that tax and don’t underdeclare by much as they google the game and it’s value 9/10 times.

Yes sorry I was thinking of a us buyer buying a game in canada and bringing it to the states. They don't get taxed.

#10155 5 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Yes sorry I was thinking of a us buyer buying a game in canada and bringing it to the states. They don't get taxed.

Ahhh yeah they have it lucky. Now if stern had a cdn plant we would be ok.

Several Americans have asked to buy my games and bring it over for them. That’s mostly a no can do, we Canadians can only bring an item worth up to 2,500 over. After that they will charge you a tax rate equivalent to income tax and write it up as a commercial transaction. No work around either ie. having buyer pre pay or pay there, using different ways to pay etc.

#10156 5 years ago

I have an suv.
I brought home Alien Poker from a trip to my techs place.
Can't say for sure about going to VFW this year yet.

#10157 5 years ago

Ahhh yeah they have it lucky. Now if stern had a cdn plant we would be ok.
Several Americans have asked to buy my games and bring it over for them. That’s mostly a no can do, we Canadians can only bring an item worth up to 2,500 over. After that they will charge you a tax rate equivalent to income tax and write it up as a commercial transaction. No work around either ie. having buyer pre pay or pay there, using different ways to pay etc.

I was not aware of that! I thought I could deliver a game to the US without issues, but never have... thank you for the heads up!

#10158 5 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

I was not aware of that! I thought I could deliver a game to the US without issues, but never have... thank you for the heads up!

Another guy I know got turned around at the boarder trying to deliver a game.

#10159 5 years ago

I've tried for several transactions with Americans (even those just over the border) and they often end when they realize the game is in Canada, simply because many Americans don't have a passport and can't come to get the game.

#10160 5 years ago

I’ve delivered a dozen arcade/pinballs to Seattle/Portland over last 3 years and I always bring something back. You can keep it under $2500 us threshold southbound by doing part PayPal and cash for balance on delivery. Just make sure PayPal receipt sez payment in full. Coming back I have craigslist ad or bill of sale for cdn customs usually understating what I’ve paid but still believable.
Non working projects that I buy aren’t really scrutinized versus bringing back a 2 yr old AC/DC pro....last trip I brought back South Park and hurricane pin projects. I paid $150 cdn duty.

#10163 5 years ago

Before I get beat up too much on price, bear in mind the cabinet decals are easily $300 USD after shipping and plastics are unobtanium. There're NOS plastics on eBay asking $400 USD. So technically I've price the game at $2400 + parts.

#10164 5 years ago

I’m not interested in gi but imo I think 3400cdn is a fair price for this game. Now that wpt...

#10165 5 years ago

I’m not interested in gi but imo I think 3400cdn is a fair price for this game. Now that wpt...

+1

#10167 5 years ago

That WPT is VERY nice. Used to be mine. It’s $5200 OBO Canadian Funds, which is $3800 USD.

It’s considered one of KJ’s deepest games. A million drop targets and pretty cool rules.

#10168 5 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

That WPT is VERY nice. Used to be mine. It’s $5200 OBO Canadian Funds, which is $3800 USD.
It’s considered one of KJ’s deepest games. A million drop targets and pretty cool rules.

Has anyone even ever got to The Keefer Invitational? I owned this game last year and didn't even come close.

#10169 5 years ago
Quoted from Shenanigander:

Has anyone even ever got to The Keefer Invitational? I owned this game last year and didn't even come close.

I hear it's not so bad if you take off the playfield glass.

#10170 5 years ago

I owned a wpt for a year and I enjoyed it but there’s really only so much a regular player can do. Drop targets are super cool and I love poker but idk. And yes no one is really going to finish all the tournaments, I think I only made it to 3 or 4.

#10171 5 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

I hear it's not so bad if you take off the playfield glass.

Actually, I think I heard on a podcast that someone took off the glass and just using their hands it still took like an hour to get to the end!

#10172 5 years ago

Actually, I think I heard on a podcast that someone took off the glass and just using their hands it still took like an hour to get to the end!

I am sure that is some sort of exaggeration but yeah there is a lot to do in that game! I have had mine for years and dig it. If WPT came out now it would be a $10K+ game from Stern with the amount of code and toys. All it needed was a LE plaque and to be delayed 5 years and people would have lost their minds when it was released.

It DOES suffer from "TZ syndrome" in that the game is downright confusion to someone who does not know the rules; but UNLIKE some of Keefer's more recent offerings there are at least some easy things to do so noobs can at least luck into a pity multiball or something.

#10173 5 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

I am sure that is some sort of exaggeration but yeah there is a lot to do in that game! I have had mine for years and dig it. If WPT came out now it would be a $10K+ game from Stern with the amount of code and toys. All it needed was a LE plaque and to be delayed 5 years and people would have lost their minds when it was released.
It DOES suffer from "TZ syndrome" in that the game is downright confusion to someone who does not know the rules; but UNLIKE some of Keefer's more recent offerings there are at least some easy things to do so noobs can at least luck into a pity multiball or something.

Sorry but what toys are in wpt??

#10174 5 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

If WPT came out now it would be a $10K+ game from Stern

I remember when these were selling in Canada for $2500 NIB along with wheel of fortune.
Should have grabbed one of each i guess

#10175 5 years ago
Quoted from Malibu-SS:

I remember when these were selling in Canada for $2500 NIB along with wheel of fortune.

One?

#10176 5 years ago

sorry.......$2500 ea

#10177 5 years ago
Quoted from Malibu-SS:

I bought my WPT a couple of years ago for $2,600 Canadian and it was HUO and in great shape. So cheap, a great game and Keefer rules.

I've added a new upper play field, Color DMD, LED's, LED OCD, alternate translite, Flipper Fidelity speakers, Tilt Graphics side blades, InvisiGlass, Pop bumper LED rings and some poker chips to the play field so it looks like I'm in for around $4,400 +/- after all the mods and in my opinion this is a deal. I think that WPT is a huge bargain when compared to some of the absolutely ridiculous prices on new games.

By the way, I have paid an absolutely ridiculous price for some of the new games -----> AFMLE & Alien LE.

I have a problem..... please help

QSS

#10179 5 years ago

Wow, you replaced the upper playfield on a HOU game? Any interest in sending it my way for a relatively cheap price?

Mine was/is previously routed, and the playfield still looks good enough... but I wouldn't mind the opportunity to see what a "newer" one looks like

Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

I bought my WPT a couple of years ago for $2,600 Canadian and it was HUO and in great shape. So cheap, a great game and Keefer rules.
I've added a new upper play field, Color DMD, LED's, LED OCD, alternate translite, Flipper Fidelity speakers, Tilt Graphics side blades, InvisiGlass, Pop bumper LED rings and some poker chips to the play field so it looks like I'm in for around $4,400 +/- after all the mods and in my opinion this is a deal. I think that WPT is a huge bargain when compared to some of the absolutely ridiculous prices on new games.
By the way, I have paid an absolutely ridiculous price for some of the new games -----> AFMLE & Alien LE.
I have a problem..... please help
QSS

#10180 5 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Wow, you replaced the upper playfield on a HOU game? Any interest in sending it my way for a relatively cheap price?
Mine was/is previously routed, and the playfield still looks good enough... but I wouldn't mind the opportunity to see what a "newer" one looks like

Pretty sure it was HUO but the upper playfield was pretty foggy looking and that's why I replaced it. I'll see if I can find it and I if I do, I'll send it to you for nothing.

QSS

#10181 5 years ago

Cool of you! Pm me if you find it and I will shoot you 20 bucks or whatever for shipping.

I have heard you can't polish those but it seems like a good candidate to see if that is true!

Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

Pretty sure it was HUO but the upper playfield was pretty foggy looking and that's why I replaced it. I'll see if I can find it and I if I do, I'll send it to you for nothing.
QSS

#10182 5 years ago

ISO : Anyone have a BSD, Bram Stokers Dracula they’d want to sell?

#10183 5 years ago
Quoted from PinheadEDM:

Perhaps, I’m looking for more of a straight up trade. If someone else has a machine for sale that matches or is close to the selling price, then I may straight up sell it

#10184 5 years ago
Quoted from PinheadEDM:

There was a nice one posted in the Calgary pinball FB forum last week I believe.

#10185 5 years ago

looking to sell my HUO JJP Hobbit Smaug Gold Edition still trying to downsize a bit more as I have far too many games right now game is mint condition with a few mods custom shooter rod and pingraffix art blades and Cliffys will be listing it soon so if you have any interest let me know looking for $9500 for it not in a panic to sell PM me if interested

#10186 5 years ago

Sooooo what times the pity party for the Americans that now have to pay sales tax on pinball lolol smh

#10187 5 years ago

Sooooo what times the pity party for the Americans that now have to pay sales tax on pinball lolol smh

They can just buy from a state with no sales tax.

Beatles for an American: 7600 USD delivered.

Up here it's 8400 USD + tax, or 9700 delivered. P1 will give you a "deal" if you are in an affiliated league and sell you one for 8000 USD. 9250 delivered.

We are the ones being laughed at.

#10188 5 years ago

Is this a recent change?

#10189 5 years ago

Is this a recent change?

Wait. I was thinking tax at the border not sales tax.

#10190 5 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

They can just buy from a state with no sales tax.
Beatles for an American: 7600 USD delivered.
Up here it's 8400 USD + tax, or 9700 delivered. P1 will give you a "deal" if you are in an affiliated league and sell you one for 8000 USD. 9250 delivered.
We are the ones being laughed at.

Not 100% sure, but I think Nitro can do better than that on a Beatles if you are so inclined!

#10191 5 years ago

In my experience, an American can bring a game up thru the Canadian border and not pay any tax most of the time, had it work that way many times in the past although haven't done it lately.

A Canadian taking a game down can be complicated, especially if high value.

#10192 5 years ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

In my experience, an American can bring a game up thru the Canadian border and not pay any tax most of the time, had it work that way many times in the past although haven't done it lately.
A Canadian taking a game down can be complicated, especially if high value.

They’re a lot stricter on the Americans bringing Games into Canada the past few years, not for the weak of heart, they will break you lol.

Canadian can take a Game over with minimal issue up to 2500usd value. Just go in and pay about 10$ for some paper. Over 2500usd go to commercial and pay 30% or so tax. Not sure if you can apply for refund or not but why chance it.

#10193 5 years ago

It's easier just to pay the monies. That's all I do. Like this thread kind of implicated, asking for taxes, or what you paid, isn't a big deal. I just paid (probably too much) for my AFMLE. There is no way I wouldn't expect to recoup some back - not all but some. If a buyer has an issue with this formula, feel free to bring one in yourself
I have brought roughly 15 over the border...it's not so bad. Living 2 minutes away also helps ease my pain!

#10194 5 years ago

Glad I dont live by the border, looks complicated!

Anyone have some led color dmd's they want to sell? Maybe from an upcoming game your selling to drop the price rather than include? Looking for stern's pref with a clear guard.

#10195 5 years ago

Anyone locally in Alberta interested in a trade - I’ve got a Stern Star Trek Pro with Aurich package, shaker,powder coated legs for a comparable Met or maybe AC/DC Pro? Thanks!

#10196 5 years ago

Not a pin, but anyone know what an original working Street Fighter II arcade cabinet is worth in Sask or western Canada?
Have an eye on one but don't want to overpay.

#10197 5 years ago

I've been looking for a Mortal Kombat 2 or Tekken 2 cabinet. Id pay around $1200 if its really nice, these guys asking $2k are nuts.

#10198 5 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Not a pin, but anyone know what an original working Street Fighter II arcade cabinet is worth in Sask or western Canada?
Have an eye on one but don't want to overpay.

Yeah condition plays a big role. Like spencer said, $1200 max for a very nice one. Players condition $500-800

#10199 5 years ago
Quoted from Spinape:

Yeah condition plays a big role. Like spencer said, $1200 max for a very nice one. Players condition $500-800

Thx, I would say from the limited pics I see, its decent.

If a players is a 6.5-7 and Very nice is a 9-9.5 = I would say this is a 7.5-8 or so. Looks to need a big clean up.

*Edit - looked closer at it, more like a players at best. crappy facebook pics. I saved to desktop and zoomed and saw better detail.

#10200 5 years ago

Or you could buy a Simpsons for $8500 or a Sega Jurassic Park for $4000

There are 24,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 204 of 493.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-in-canada-have-any-pins-they-want-to-sell/page/204?hl=spinape and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.