(Topic ID: 76928)

Anybody in Canada have any pins they want to sell?

By Spencer

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,634 posts
  • 702 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by KnockerPTSD
  • Topic is favorited by 432 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DumbnDumber (resized).jpg
111111 (resized).jpg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (resized).jpeg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (1) (resized).jpeg
L1000528 (resized).JPG
L1000531 edit (resized).jpg
L1000537 edit (resized).jpg
L1000539 edit (resized).jpg
L1000540 (resized).JPG
L1000542 (resized).JPG
L1000543 (resized).JPG
L1000544 edit (resized).jpg
L1000548 (resized).JPG
L1000549 (resized).JPG
L1000545 (resized).JPG
L1000526 (resized).JPG

There are 24,634 posts in this topic. You are on page 203 of 493.
#10101 5 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

I’ve heard that reason listed before, and I just don’t buy it. I don’t think that’s what it’s about at all.
I think it’s about being negative online. People would rather be negative than positive for some reason, and it’s just an easy outlet.
I don’t buy that it’s about “protecting potentially unsuspecting buyers”. It tends to be more about pissing matches over past deals, and general hard feelings.
It’s VERY easy for a new buyer to search past trades, and ask around for pin values... they aren’t going to discover anything in a pissing match buried deep in a forum thread. I call BS.

While I agree with your post.

I would like to buy your gotgle.

I have $260.28 and a good firm handshake waiting for ya

#10102 5 years ago

It all doesn't matter, its bullshit or fun depending on how you look at it. The game will sell for whats it's worth, PERIOD. One has to ask how important a game is to them. I overpaid for my Spider-man but my daughter wanted one back, looks like I overpaid for my LOtR too but I really wanted it at the time. Any game will sell for whats its worth to the general public, its that simple. Supply/demand always wins when people want a certain title.

#10103 5 years ago

Please tell me if it’s a good price or if you think it’s high.
If your new, who do u ask ?
If your new, how would I know past sales are available?
This is still a for sales forum?

#10104 5 years ago
Quoted from Londonpinball:

If its a good price, it will be sold BEFORE you have time to even ask. Do your research first and know what to pay when it comes up.

#10105 5 years ago

I'm curious what the majority of you in this thread consider a fair price on a very good high speed. Totally shopped (by an actual shop locally, not just some guy saying so)
I've been approached by 2 high speed owners.
2,800 decent shaped, hella far to drive
3,800 the shopped one. Delivered.

#10106 5 years ago

I was looking to spend around 3,000 but I will admit the shop one is very nice. Only seen pictures of the less expensive one

#10107 5 years ago
Quoted from Londonpinball:

The info in this thread is a very poor indicator of what you should pay for a pin. At best it will tell you what was being asked for for a pin at some point in time. The market changes fast. Most of the price policing people do is based off of their own experiences a year ago, or what some beater sold for to some friend of theirs that lives across the country (or in another country). Monitor the sales that go on in your area, keep in touch with other local pinheads, and decide yourself how much you would spend for a particular title and go from there.

There is a whole sub forum dedicated to buying and selling advice where you can ask Pinside in general what they think a price should be, but take it with a grain of salt. If there are 10 examples of one title sellling in California and one near you, the price in California is meaningless unless you want to ship and the seller is willing to.

#10108 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I'm curious what the majority of you in this thread consider a fair price on a very good high speed. Totally shopped (by an actual shop locally, not just some guy saying so)
I've been approached by 2 high speed owners.
2,800 decent shaped, hella far to drive
3,800 the shopped one. Delivered.

From market history here, 1500-2000 USD for very nice ones. As far as "totally shopped", take that with a HUGE grain of salt. I have seen "shopped by an actual shop" machines in pretty bad condition. Get hi-res pics of the playfield, the cabinet, underside, anything that can help you determine condition (if not possible to see in person) and go from there.

#10109 5 years ago

Sorry, to clarify. The shopped one is from my local pinball shop. 40yr old shop and I've dealt with them for new pins. Reliable folks. The machine IS in great shape. Just wasnt looking to pay store pricing. Are these going for over 3,000 in Canada now. I dont have much pricing to work off. At least not Ontario pricing

#10110 5 years ago

for a high speed , 3k seems right give or take 500 up or down depending on condition , the Getaway is more

#10111 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Sorry, to clarify. The shopped one is from my local pinball shop. 40yr old shop and I've dealt with them for new pins. Reliable folks. The machine IS in great shape. Just wasnt looking to pay store pricing. Are these going for over 3,000 in Canada now. I dont have much pricing to work off. At least not Ontario pricing

Don't know, haven't been in the market for one, maybe someone else can chime in. Is it worth over 3k to you personally? I think I have seen some on Kijiji this year for around $2500, but no idea of condition. Have you tried asking on the Pinball Revolution website/forums? Lots of Eastern collectors on there.

#10112 5 years ago
Quoted from luch:

for a high speed , 3k seems right give or take 500 up or down depending on condition , the Getaway is more

I remember seeing the getaway for 3k 2 years back. Prices change fast.

#10113 5 years ago
Quoted from Spinape:

I remember seeing the getaway for 3k 2 years back. Prices change fast.

So does the exchange rate

#10114 5 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

So does the exchange rate

Ha, that’s true. I haven’t bought from the States in a while now.

#10115 5 years ago

I agree on hs at 2500-3000. I’ll be looking for one next year as well.

#10116 5 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:I don’t think that’s what it’s about at all.

I think it’s about being negative online. People would rather be negative than positive for some reason, and it’s just an easy outlet.

Quite the extrapolation from the 2 or 3 sentences I posted. I know enough about pricing to draw my own conclusions. I don't price police. But it has its merits.

Quoted from MapleSyrup:

I don’t buy that it’s about “protecting potentially unsuspecting buyers”. It tends to be more about pissing matches over past deals, and general hard feelings.

Not sure who you are quoting, nevertheless, that is true for certain forum members that never have anything nice to say. Until you get to know these online personas you have to reserve judgement. This leaves a newbie in a difficult spot.

Quoted from MapleSyrup:

It’s VERY easy for a new buyer to search past trades, and ask around for pin values... they aren’t going to discover anything in a pissing match buried deep in a forum thread. I call BS.

NOT as easy as you think. Few, if any people post their selling price. In some forums the ask price is removed once SOLD. What remains are the price opinions of those in the hobby, be they expressed in private or online.

#10117 5 years ago

3k is full retail on a high speed.

#10118 5 years ago

Pricing is easy .... happy buyer happy seller! It doesnt need to be difficult. If your not happy with the price move on. The price varied so much on title, province and even time. Thats what i love ablut this hobby, it is so variable and exciting

#10119 5 years ago

Still looking for a Fish tales if anyone is looking to let one go.

#10121 5 years ago

3400 for a GI???!!! Wtf. I think that price is too damn high!

Jk glws

#10122 5 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Jk glws

Classic negative pinside!

#10123 5 years ago

Jk glws

BWHAHAHAHA

#10125 5 years ago

I used to think this was one of the worst games out there but I’m coming to appreciate it a bit more lately. I also used to think the same about Popeye. It’s funny how a cdmd can really make a game shine and you come to enjoy it way more.

#10126 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Sold my players High Speed 3 months aho for $2,100.

#10127 5 years ago

i picked up a high speed not too long ago for 1800, it had a few minor issues. i fixed it and cleaned it all up and it works great.

anyone have a creature from the black lagoon for sale??

#10128 5 years ago
Quoted from toasterman04:

Great game! Wish i had one

I know where you can get one

#10129 5 years ago

Looking to buy Ghostbusters Pro in the Vancouver area. Please PM if you have one for sale. Hoping for a HUO with a few mods but let me know what you have available.

I do have some 80’s arcades in collector quality condition to trade if these are of interest to anyone. Moving these out to make space for GB Pro. Donkey Kong, Centipede, Defender and Popeye. PM for details on these if interested.

#10130 5 years ago
Quoted from Canuckgamer99:

Looking to buy Ghostbusters Pro in the Vancouver area. Please PM if you have one for sale. Hoping for a HUO with a few mods but let me know what you have available.
I do have some 80’s arcades in collector quality condition to trade if these are of interest to anyone. Moving these out to make space for GB Pro. Donkey Kong, Centipede, Defender and Popeye. PM for details on these if interested.

I know someone with a pristine LE if you are interested. Stern sent him a fully populated Playfield that he still hasn't put in so essentially you would be getting a brand new in box game. Definitely the best one available out there unless someone still has one in a box.

#10131 5 years ago

Thanks but just looking for GB Pro version at the moment.

Quoted from Damien:

I know someone with a pristine LE if you are interested. Stern sent him a fully populated Playfield that he still hasn't put in so essentially you would be getting a brand new in box game. Definitely the best one available out there unless someone still has one in a box.

#10132 5 years ago
Quoted from Clizifer:

i picked up a high speed not too long ago for 1800, it had a few minor issues. i fixed it and cleaned it all up and it works great.
anyone have a creature from the black lagoon for sale??

Good luck! Ive been trying for a year to trade of buy one. I did find a few in Ontario but wasn't comfortable with a long distance purchase from someone I dint know.

#10133 5 years ago

I picked up a project HS recently for $750 - wish me luck

#10134 5 years ago

Nice score.
I've owned HS. Get freeplay40s clear repo ramp. Much more robust.

Fun to play to get the light/siren going.
Great superbands candidate.

#10135 5 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

I picked up a project HS recently for $750 - wish me luck

I sold a project High Speed for $750 recently . Good luck!! I know you will make it beautiful!

#10136 5 years ago

I wouldn’t mind trading my BSD if anyone Wants to make a trade offer?

#10137 5 years ago

I played the BSD at Yegpin this year and found it to be pretty much one of the best B/W games! Almost bought it but it went to a lucky Calgary buyer.

Tough! - unforgiving even but could not stop playing it. Also known for making you a better pinball player - heard this on more than one podcast from pros. Trying to get all three multiballs going is super fun and mist multiball is unlike anything in pinball. Art struck me as basic/cheesy at first but now I just love the whole package. Sound package creates a mood unlike other games and it tries to be actually spooky rather than campy which is a nice change (not for the kiddies).

Anyway, I don’t know Spinape but just had to post for any Albertans who don’t know just how great this game is!

“Thiiiirrrtttyyy milliiiiiioonnnnn!”

Someday I will own this but not good timing for me now.

#10138 5 years ago
Quoted from Spinape:

I wouldn’t mind trading my BSD if anyone Wants to make a trade offer?

Pmed

#10139 5 years ago
Quoted from superJackpot:

Quite the extrapolation from the 2 or 3 sentences I posted. I know enough about pricing to draw my own conclusions. I don't price police. But it has its merits.

Not sure who you are quoting, nevertheless, that is true for certain forum members that never have anything nice to say. Until you get to know these online personas you have to reserve judgement. This leaves a newbie in a difficult spot.

NOT as easy as you think. Few, if any people post their selling price. In some forums the ask price is removed once SOLD. What remains are the price opinions of those in the hobby, be they expressed in private or online.

Sorry, Bud. Wasn’t trying to say YOU were a problem or THE problem.

There is nothing wrong with price discussions either. “Price Policing” is a different animal though. That’s all I was getting at.

I’m just always wishing the discourse was more civil. I get a lot of, “Relax Dude, it’s just a Forum. People can say whatever they want!”... and I know that’s true.

I just tire of the negativity. I’m always up for constructive criticism, be that about games, prices, or anything.

I certainly wasn’t trying to start a beef about it. Cheers.

#10140 5 years ago

Found and purchased a very nice GB pro. Thanks!

#10142 5 years ago

Haha thanks Kev good to be back. My basement has been sad without pins

#10143 5 years ago

Just curious from some of the guys here who have bought out of the states....

Ive done many long distance deals and have no qualms shipping games; but it's always been within Canada. Only usa games I've purchased we're drive able and I paid cash on pickup.

What about games too far to drive for? What do you guys do for payment? Just curious as I can't seem to find what I'm looking for north of the border.

Any advice appreciated

#10144 5 years ago

Could find a reputable pinsider near the game you want. Have em make the deal and ship the game to a border town (on US side) for you to pick up and cross back with. Or met them in A Town if you plan on going. I’ve done that for friends back home in Canada (i’m Canadian livin in ‘murica). I bet there are lots of pinsiders with a good reputation willing to help out.

#10145 5 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Just curious from some of the guys here who have bought out of the states....
Ive done many long distance deals and have no qualms shipping games; but it's always been within Canada. Only usa games I've purchased we're drive able and I paid cash on pickup.
What about games too far to drive for? What do you guys do for payment? Just curious as I can't seem to find what I'm looking for north of the border.
Any advice appreciated

Just make sure its someone on here thats been around a while, pay with paypal if they will take it (offer to pay the fees) if not bank transfer which is fine but you cant get it back if they screw you over (ask me know I know lol)

#10146 5 years ago
Quoted from Willathrilla:

Time to break up the team. I've got a pair of NBA fast breaks, looking to trade one for a Demolition man, BSD, WCS94, fish tales, RFM, Doctor Who, no fear, etc. Might consider trading both.

Both are now spoken for.

#10147 5 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Any advice appreciated

Not much difference from dealing long distance in Canada and how you would pay for that, just cannot really do interac e-transfer. Payment wise I have sent a bank draft, done bank to bank wire transfer, did Paypal for one but that was because it was off of ebay. Other difference would be you need a customs broker to handle the HST at the border unless you are just going to get it shipped US side and pick it up yourself.

#10148 5 years ago

I’ve done a few deals cross border. I’ve driven and picked up games which is best if possible. I’ve also shipped a few to wa and picked up there. Used fastenal, super cheap, easy to deal with. I’ve paid PayPal and had seller send me invoice and I pay extra to cover their fees.

#10149 5 years ago

I’ve driven and picked up games which is best if possible

Actually if the seller will drive it into canada that is the best possible situation then you don't have to pay tax.

#10150 5 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Actually if the seller will drive it into canada that is the best possible situation then you don't have to pay tax.

Yes you will. Customs will still charge the person coming in, unless you get super lucky. Those border guards are ruthless at times! At the very least they give the person delivering a super hard time, dissuading people from doing exactly this.

There are 24,634 posts in this topic. You are on page 203 of 493.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-in-canada-have-any-pins-they-want-to-sell/page/203?hl=murphelman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.