(Topic ID: 76928)

Anybody in Canada have any pins they want to sell?

By Spencer

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,839 posts
  • 703 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 22 hours ago by Eagles77
  • Topic is favorited by 432 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DumbnDumber (resized).jpg
111111 (resized).jpg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (resized).jpeg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (1) (resized).jpeg
L1000528 (resized).JPG
L1000531 edit (resized).jpg
L1000537 edit (resized).jpg
L1000539 edit (resized).jpg
L1000540 (resized).JPG
L1000542 (resized).JPG
L1000543 (resized).JPG
L1000544 edit (resized).jpg
L1000548 (resized).JPG
L1000549 (resized).JPG
L1000545 (resized).JPG
L1000526 (resized).JPG
There are 24,839 posts in this topic. You are on page 202 of 497.
#10051 5 years ago
Quoted from ryalter:

Hi guys. That is my Mars up for trade in Edmonton, and yes the price is just to dissuade people from making cash offers (which it hasn't). It is HUO according to the person I bought it from, they said they bought it for their kids back in the day. Based on the amount of..... stuff they had at their farm I don't see why it wouldn't be.

What kind of other 'stuff' was there?

I'm always looking for unique things

#10053 5 years ago
Quoted from ryalter:

Hi guys. That is my Mars up for trade in Edmonton, and yes the price is just to dissuade people from making cash offers (which it hasn't). It is HUO according to the person I bought it from, they said they bought it for their kids back in the day. Based on the amount of..... stuff they had at their farm I don't see why it wouldn't be.

See I was missing something, I stopped reading at the price. Most likely because I choked on my rum and eggnog when I saw it

But reading the entire add it makes sense now

#10054 5 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

What kind of other 'stuff' was there?
I'm always looking for unique things

Mostly farm stuff. Guns, quads, semis, cars. Guy had a Willys jeep outfitted with NOS just rusting away in a field...

#10055 5 years ago
Quoted from ryalter:

It is HUO according to the person I bought it from, they said they bought it for their kids back in the day.

looks like there is playfield wear near the right flipper. Do Gottlieb's have an audit for how many games played? What about coins received? That would be a better indicator than a jeep with nitrous! Just sayin!

#10056 5 years ago

Also should mention that I think HUO is a term to describe just how nice the cabinet and playfield are and also suggests low number of plays.. but at almost 40 years old that game is definitely in nice condition. HUO or not! I don't think those warranty cards and other paper work really add that much value to the price of the pin. They do help suggest its hou tho I guess!

#10057 5 years ago
Quoted from ryalter:

Mostly farm stuff. Guns, quads, semis, cars. Guy had a Willys jeep outfitted with NOS just rusting away in a field...

Too bad.

If anyone reading this knows of old antique mechanical slots available, please let me know

#10058 5 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Too bad.
If anyone reading this knows of old antique mechanical slots available, please let me know

Yea me too. Love me some antique mechanical slots. i do not care if they work or are missing parts even. I will take what you got. Cash or trade pinball. Any leads I get or machines I find through pinside . Pinside gets a donation.

#10059 5 years ago
Quoted from jesperpark:

See I was missing something, I stopped reading at the price. Most likely because I choked on my rum and eggnog when I saw it
But reading the entire add it makes sense now

$12345 works nicely so people don't think you are asking crazy amounts.

#10060 5 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

looks like there is playfield wear near the right flipper. Do Gottlieb's have an audit for how many games played? What about coins received? That would be a better indicator than a jeep with nitrous! Just sayin!

Nothing like that on the pin. It's been set up to give free credits at basically plunging the ball. The kids did try to carve their names into the lockbar though. There's obviously some wear around pop bumpers and stuff but it's in really good condition. It also never had a center post installed which most of them did.

#10061 5 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Too bad.

like the ones in twilight zone or newer like triple diamonds?

#10062 5 years ago

Just wanted to say a hearty "thank you" to QuickSilverShelb in Canmore for an amazing visit. He hosted not only myself and my wife, but my father-in-law too. Wonderful passion for pinball. Great to meet new people. Great pinball memory and totally in keeping with the spirit of the season.

#10063 5 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Yup , the kind in twilight zone. Thats what I am looking for. The kind that do not plug in except to light up. 1898 to 1964 pure mechanical slot machines.
Any brand in any condition. The older the better.
Cheers and thanks in advance

#10064 5 years ago
Quoted from wtuttle:

Just wanted to say a hearty "thank you" to QuickSilverShelb in Canmore for an amazing visit. He hosted not only myself and my wife, but my father-in-law too. Wonderful passion for pinball. Great to meet new people. Great pinball memory and totally in keeping with the spirit of the season.

Yeah bud, great to have you, your wife and your father-in-law over. Great times. Thanks for bringing pizza.

HOWEVER,....... I am a little miffed that your wife put up the #1 score on my Attack From Mars . I think she's a ringer. You got yourself a good woman there

QSS

Thank god she wasn't approaching my Grand Champion Score, I might have had to trip some breakers if she was getting close

#10065 5 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Purely mechanical. Don't even want a plug for lights.

I'm talking machines from 1920-1940s

There's a few I have in mind as I don't like all of them.

#10066 5 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

this is in Ohio, but check out this slot machine hidden in a pin mech ebay.com link: itm

#10067 5 years ago

Indy is sold pending pickup

#10068 5 years ago

I have a 1947 Bally Deluxe Draw Bell slot that is pretty decent. Complete and works great. Def needs a restore if you want a pristine piece, but overall pretty awesome. I'd be open to sell/trade for pinball/arcade stuff. shoot me a pm if interested.

#10069 5 years ago
Quoted from yanek2rank:

I have a 1947 Bally Deluxe Draw Bell slot that is pretty decent. Complete and works great. Def needs a restore if you want a pristine piece, but overall pretty awesome. I'd be open to sell/trade for pinball/arcade stuff. shoot me a pm if interested.

those look awesome

#10070 5 years ago

Not pins, but if anyone wants to repurpose or needs a golden tee cab or a buck hunter cab - cheap.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-old-video-games/prince-albert/old-bar-arcade-games/1394398830?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

#10071 5 years ago

600$ Playboy Pinball in Regina on Letgo... Scam scam scam! Buddy called me and said its all wrapped up and ready to sell, just needs coin and can ship. No additional pictures as the machine is already wrapped up... People suck.

#10072 5 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

Hallelujah! Congrats!

#10073 5 years ago

New listing link for Congo on Kijiji.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1406278826

Buy now, play for the new year

#10074 5 years ago
Quoted from yanek2rank:

600$ Playboy Pinball in Regina on Letgo... Scam scam scam! Buddy called me and said its all wrapped up and ready to sell, just needs coin and can ship. No additional pictures as the machine is already wrapped up... People suck.

Same guy who tried to sell me an xmen a couple weeks ago. What name is he using this time?

#10075 5 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

New listing link for Congo on Kijiji.
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1406278826
Buy now, play for the new year

That works to about 5500 US!! And about 1500 US above what they normally sell for. Alot of mods on this machine but not 1500 US in mods.

#10076 5 years ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

That works to about 5500 US!! And about 1500 US above what they normally sell for. Alot of mods on this machine but not 1500 US in mods.

Grabs popcorn, Damn I missed this the last 2 weeks while drinking beer in paradise.

#10077 5 years ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

Bring one into Canada and see what it costs you then.
Game is in great condition, most are not.

I am open to reasonable offers and trades as well.
Save me some popcorn Spencer,lol

#10078 5 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

Good price on that. Wish I had the extra cash, would have loved to buy it off you. Congrats on the sale

#10079 5 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

Bring one into Canada and see what it costs you then.
Game is in great condition, most are not.
I am open to reasonable offers and trades as well.
Save me some popcorn Spencer,lol

All I’d like to add is that I agree that you can’t just do simple currency conversions for price comparisons like that. Some other factors include local supply/demand, PST of your province and shipping costs to name just a few. Not to mention that prices are quite varied across different parts of US.

#10080 5 years ago

Bringing games into Canada just multiply 1.5 times usd price. Plus shipping if you can’t drive to pick it up. I’ve brought several games over, sometimes it’s worth it for hard to find stuff or an emotional purchase but lots of time it’s not especially if game is readily available in Canada.

#10081 5 years ago
Quoted from yanek2rank:

Interesting, but not for me. Too large and I want purely mechanical.

Pre-electricity.

#10082 5 years ago

Time to break up the team. I've got a pair of NBA fast breaks, looking to trade one for a Demolition man, BSD, WCS94, fish tales, RFM, Doctor Who, no fear, etc. Might consider trading both.

#10083 5 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Bringing games into Canada just multiply 1.5 times usd price. Plus shipping if you can’t drive to pick it up. I’ve brought several games over, sometimes it’s worth it for hard to find stuff or an emotional purchase but lots of time it’s not especially if game is readily available in Canada.

I suppose I find it annoying when some sellers add the price of shipping and duty on top of the asking price. How can those costs effect the value of a product that is already INSIDE the country, presumably since the 90's. The taxes and shipping were paid for long time ago by somebody else unless the seller was the original owner. Most cases not..and the machine was bought dirt cheap when operators started unloading them. Look at it this way...the guy at the 7-11 wouldnt make very much money if he was selling cans of coke for 20 dollars a piece because he reckoned it would cost the customer 25 dollars to drive to the closest bordertown to get one. Just saying.

#10084 5 years ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

I suppose I find it annoying when some sellers add the price of shipping and duty on top of the asking price. How can those costs effect the value of a product that is already INSIDE the country, presumably since the 90's. The taxes and shipping were paid for long time ago by somebody else unless the seller was the original owner. Most cases not..and the machine was bought dirt cheap when operators started unloading them. Look at it this way...the guy at the 7-11 wouldnt make very much money if he was selling cans of coke for 20 dollars a piece because he reckoned it would cost the customer 25 dollars to drive to the closest bordertown to get one. Just saying.

Very true but doesn’t mean buyer will pay what seller is asking, but yes super annoying when you find a game you want and buyer wants to add his shipping costs, taxes I can kind of agree on but shipping no.

#10085 5 years ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

Everyone likes money so people sell stuff for what they can get for it and not what they paid for it. When multiple people are interested in selling and buying the same things you have a ‘market’ with ‘supply and demand’.

Example: say there were no MM in Canada except for one which is owned by Fred living in Calgary. Fred was given this new MM as a gift from winning a contest from Williams including free delivery.

Fred wants to sell at today’s prices because he likes money. What he got it for has absolutely nothing to do with what he sells it for. Now what price should Fred sell it for?

The ‘market’ price is not only determined by Fred but moreso by what all the other buyers are willing to pay for it. A Canadian buyer’s only other reasonable alternative is to buy from the US for which he will have to pay at least transportation costs and taxes. Therfore, a Canadian buyer —will be willing— to pay this amount more for Fred’s machine so Fred can then bake-in these costs into his price. Yes, even though he paid zero shipping.

It’s not an explicit charge that’s added, it’s just one of —many factors— that can be invisibly baked into the market price. And I’m not defending it, just trying to explain one part of how economics might factor into pin prices.

In the end, a pin is worth what buyers are willing to pay for it and no more.

#10086 5 years ago
Quoted from spinal:

Everyone likes money so people sell stuff for what they can get for it and not what they paid for it. When multiple people are interested in selling and buying the same things you have a ‘market’ with ‘supply and demand’.
Example: say there were no MM in Canada except for one which is owned by Fred living in Calgary. Fred was given this new MM as a gift from winning a contest from Williams including free delivery.
Fred wants to sell at today’s prices because he likes money. What he got it for has absolutely nothing to do with what he sells it for. Now what price should Fred sell it for?
The ‘market’ price is not only determined by Fred but moreso by what all the other buyers are willing to pay for it. A Canadian buyer’s only other reasonable alternative is to buy from the US for which he will have to pay at least transportation costs and taxes. Therfore, a Canadian buyer —will be willing— to pay this amount more for Fred’s machine so Fred can then bake-in these costs into his price. Yes, even though he paid zero shipping.
It’s not an explicit charge that’s added, it’s just one of —many factors— that can be invisibly baked into the market price. And I’m not defending it, just trying to explain one part of how economics might factor into pin prices.
In the end, a pin is worth what buyers are willing to pay for it and no more.

Well that was...... long
I had to stop halfway for some leven bread and to make sure there weren't any orcs on my trail.

#10087 5 years ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

suppose I find it annoying when some sellers add the price of shipping and duty on top of the asking price. How can those costs effect the value of a product that is already INSIDE the country, presumably since the 90's. The taxes and shipping were paid for long time ago by somebody else unless the seller was the original owner. Most cases not..and the machine was bought dirt cheap when operators started unloading them. Look at it this way...the guy at the 7-11 wouldnt make very much money if he was selling cans of coke for 20 dollars a piece because he reckoned it would cost the customer 25 dollars to drive to the closest bordertown to get one. Just saying.

I usually buy pins out of the States myself, been buying NIB mainly. When I go to sell, I am not going to eat the GST and shipping costs I had to spend to get the pin up here just so a fellow Canadian can get a break. I don't try to get it all back, but I am looking for some of it, how much depends on how long I had the machine here. I use money I get from selling pins to buy other pins. Not looking to make a profit, but trying to keep costs under control so I can keep enjoying the hobby the way I like. I've had to defend my pricing a couple of times, and it sucks.

Price Policing sucks in general and I wish we could keep it out of this thread. Pingod is a great guy, an asset to the pin community, especially here in Calgary. You will not find another guy who is more willing to help out another pinhead and pinball in general. If his machine is priced higher than you would like, don't buy. Don't come in here and slag on someone because their price isn't to your liking. I am sure his Congo (haven't seen it) is nicer than 90% of them out there and is priced accordingly.

#10088 5 years ago

People are allowed to post their opinions on internet forums, whether others like it or not is irrelevant.

#10089 5 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

People are allowed to post their opinions on internet forums, whether others like it or not is irrelevant.

Yes? I am allowed to fart in public too, whether others like it or not is irrelevant. I try not to do it around others though, just to be polite.

#10090 5 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

True. People have the right to comment on prices. They also have the right to post it at whatever value they want.

#10091 5 years ago

Thank You, Paul
You are one of the good guys to.

Quoted from paul_8788:

I usually buy pins out of the States myself, been buying NIB mainly. When I go to sell, I am not going to eat the GST and shipping costs I had to spend to get the pin up here just so a fellow Canadian can get a break. I don't try to get it all back, but I am looking for some of it, how much depends on how long I had the machine here. I use money I get from selling pins to buy other pins. Not looking to make a profit, but trying to keep costs under control so I can keep enjoying the hobby the way I like. I've had to defend my pricing a couple of times, and it sucks.
Price Policing sucks in general and I wish we could keep it out of this thread. Pingod is a great guy, an asset to the pin community, especially here in Calgary. You will not find another guy who is more willing to help out another pinhead and pinball in general. If his machine is priced higher than you would like, don't buy. Don't come in here and slag on someone because their price isn't to your liking. I am sure his Congo (haven't seen it) is nicer than 90% of them out there and is priced accordingly.

I did bring this game in from the US about 8 months ago. FYI
Again, if someone wants it make an offer.
I will look at trades as well, need more games for on location.

Quoted from yellowghost:

#10092 5 years ago

Does anyone have Shawn's number? ( lord of the pins ) I lost my phone and his number with it. I sent him a PM, no response. Please PM me, if you can. Thanks.

#10093 5 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Yes? I am allowed to fart in public too, whether others like it or not is irrelevant. I try not to do it around others though, just to be polite.

Farting in public is not subjectively offensive like price policing, so that's not a great analogy.

#10094 5 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

Farting in public is not subjectively offensive like price policing, so that's not a great analogy.

It was funny though. At least I thought so. My sense of humor can be off. Or you might not have one. Not sure which is which.

PS-> I Googled it, and farting IS subjectively offensive! Hah!

#10095 5 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

It was funny though. At least I thought so. My sense of humor can be off. Or you might not have one. Not sure which is which.

I think it was your scent of humor that was a lil off!

#10096 5 years ago

To get back on topic, I am looking for a GoT Premium (wish I had the cash to buy Aeonblack's when it was for sale), or a nice WMS IJ (Pingod won't sell me his even after I said nice things about him ). Please PM if you have something, would prefer within driving distance of Calgary.

#10097 5 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Price Policing sucks in general and I wish we could keep it out of this thread.

I hope it remains. Newer collectors should have a point of reference.

If it's ok to state that the asking price for a machine is a great price, more than fair,... etc., then so is stating that you think it's too high.

#10098 5 years ago

Does anyone in Ontario have a High Speed they would part with?

#10099 5 years ago

which high speed ?

#10100 5 years ago
Quoted from superJackpot:

I hope it remains. Newer collectors should have a point of reference.
If it's ok to state that the asking price for a machine is a great price, more than fair,... etc., then so is stating that you think it's too high.

I’ve heard that reason listed before, and I just don’t buy it. I don’t think that’s what it’s about at all.

I think it’s about being negative online. People would rather be negative than positive for some reason, and it’s just an easy outlet.

I don’t buy that it’s about “protecting potentially unsuspecting buyers”. It tends to be more about pissing matches over past deals, and general hard feelings.

It’s VERY easy for a new buyer to search past trades, and ask around for pin values... they aren’t going to discover anything in a pissing match buried deep in a forum thread. I call BS.

There are 24,839 posts in this topic. You are on page 202 of 497.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-in-canada-have-any-pins-they-want-to-sell/page/202?hl=jesperpark and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.