(Topic ID: 76928)

Anybody in Canada have any pins they want to sell?

By Spencer

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DumbnDumber (resized).jpg
111111 (resized).jpg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (resized).jpeg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (1) (resized).jpeg
L1000528 (resized).JPG
L1000531 edit (resized).jpg
L1000537 edit (resized).jpg
L1000539 edit (resized).jpg
L1000540 (resized).JPG
L1000542 (resized).JPG
L1000543 (resized).JPG
L1000544 edit (resized).jpg
L1000548 (resized).JPG
L1000549 (resized).JPG
L1000545 (resized).JPG
L1000526 (resized).JPG
There are 24,838 posts in this topic. You are on page 197 of 497.
#9801 5 years ago

Hello Pinside. I'm looking to have an Xmen Pro shipped from Calgary. I've been talking to a gentleman through Kijiji. Yikes.
Has anyone in the Calgary area had dealing with a guy named Hany? Maybe even seen/played his Xmen before? He seems nice enough but I'd like to verify hes a trustworthy guy before I commit.
Hany from Calgary? Thanks

#9802 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Hello Pinside. I'm looking to have an Xmen Pro shipped from Calgary. I've been talking to a gentleman through Kijiji. Yikes.
Has anyone in the Calgary area had dealing with a guy named Hany? Maybe even seen/played his Xmen before? He seems nice enough but I'd like to verify hes a trustworthy guy before I commit.

Never heard of him

#9803 5 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

Never heard of him

That makes two of us.

#9804 5 years ago

me either you should ask him for references locally

#9805 5 years ago

Is this the 1 mentioned by eagles77 from 4 days ago on here?

#9806 5 years ago

Dont know a Hany

#9807 5 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

Never heard of him

Neither have I but I'm not as active in leagues and tournaments. Just get one of the Calgary guys to go check it out/help out with the deal.

#9808 5 years ago

I haven’t seen an xmen pro on Calgary kijiji recently and I watch that thing like a hawk.

#9809 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead306:

I haven’t seen an xmen pro on Calgary kijiji recently and I watch that thing like a hawk.

When eagles77 posted about listing his 4 days ago a xmen pro popped up on kijiji Calgary a few hours later. Just assumed it was his but guess not

#9810 5 years ago

Thanks all. Not eagle77. Non pinside from kijiji. Hence my apprehension. Nice enough guy with a nice machine but............internet fraud happens all the time

#9811 5 years ago

Is it still on kijiji? I would be worried too unless someone knew him, or someone can go lay eyes on it first

#9812 5 years ago
Quoted from jesperpark:

Is it still on kijiji? I would be worried too unless someone knew him, or someone can go lay eyes on it first

Agreed I’m sure someone would be willing to have a look at it, if it can be arranged.

#9814 5 years ago
Quoted from jesperpark:

Is there anyone in the area of Edgeridge Pk Calgary who may be willing to check this out for me. As it stands I would have to back out. He responded to my kijiji wanted ad but I have too little information about him right now to buy with any confidence. Thank you

#9815 5 years ago

People responding to a want ad have a higher chance of being a scammer. They hope your desire and emotions will make you miss red flags and do a risky deal.

#9816 5 years ago

Quoted from extraballingtmc:People responding to a want ad have a higher chance of being a scammer. They hope your desire and emotions will make you miss red flags and do a risky deal.

Yep, it's getting so a want ad is just an open invitation to scammers. Recently got a reply to my ad for a game, sent me pictures and a price which was too high, when I replied that it was worth about half of what he wanted he immediately agreed to sell it too me at that price! Of course I was suspicious of the too easy price drop, so a quick Google search turned up the pics he sent me from an auction almost a decade ago!(at least he wasn't stupid enough to use IDPB pictures!) The cherry on top is he used the same email address to respond to another ad I ran for a different game a couple of days later

#9817 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I'm also from Calgary but don't know the name.

#9818 5 years ago

Easiest thing to do is tell "Hany" that you have a buddy in Calgary who wants to go over and verify the game's condition for you. If he goes silent you know it's a scam.

#9819 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Is there anyone in the area of Edgeridge Pk Calgary who may be willing to check this out for me. As it stands I would have to back out. He responded to my kijiji wanted ad but I have too little information about him right now to buy with any confidence. Thank you

That's actually near me.. Tuxedomask23 and I could go tonight. hit me with a pm!

#9820 5 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

That's actually near me.. tuxedomask23 and I could go tonight. hit me with a pm!

Goon squad

#9821 5 years ago

Please keep this thread on the topic of buying and selling, thank you

#9822 5 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

That's actually near me.. tuxedomask23 and I could go tonight. hit me with a pm!

Hey Boat I was thinking the same thing as its close to me as well, can't go until tomorrow night though, let me know and we could go together. Cheers.

#9824 5 years ago

Anyone local interested in my Dr Who? I am looking it to move it for around $4500.00.

#9825 5 years ago

New price on Ripleys is 5800 shipped.

Still has small sound issue and tabs on temple plastic are broken.

Other than that game is super nice and possibly huo.

Has color dmd as well.

#9826 5 years ago

Looking to sell my Star trek pro, need to make room for a new game. Huo and well taken care of. Plays super fast and smooth

List of mods

Color lcd dmd
Shaker motor
Aurich decals and translite
Mirror blades
Interactive vengeance mod
Interactive backglass lighting
Comet color leds
All blue Titan rubbers

7000 or will remove the color dmd and sell for 6500.

Would rather sell locally. Pm me for details or pics

#9827 5 years ago

WARNING!!!
Beware this pinball predator.
Hany Makram Hanna Shehata
Goes by Hany Makram
Calgary resident.
Balding man. Brown hair. Born December 1969. 180cm tall. 76 kg. Brown eyes.
Email [email protected]
Responded to my wanted add on Kijijii.
Has no ties to any pinball communities. Acted suspiciously. I mentioned having someone come look at the pin and he is now in the wind. His kijiji account has been closed and he no longer answers his phone.
Watch out for people like this out there. Thank you to those who helped or offered to help in this debacle. Super bummed though. His ghost pin was too good to be true.

#9828 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

WARNING!!!
Goes by Hany Makram
Calgary resident.
Email [email protected]
Has no ties to any pinball communities. Acted suspiciously. I mentioned having someone come look at the pin and he is now in the wind. His kijiji account has been closed and he no longer answers his phone.
Watch out for people like this out there. Thank you to those who helped or offered to help in this debacle. Super bummed though. His ghost pin was too good to be true.

We all need to help each other when it comes to douch bags.

#9829 5 years ago

I got a bit of the Hobbit bug tonight......just another game to keep me eyes out for now lol

#9830 5 years ago

Wow that sounds like a SUPER nice ST!

Quoted from jesperpark:Looking to sell my Star trek pro, need to make room for a new game. Huo and well taken care of. Plays super fast and smooth
List of mods
Color lcd dmd
Shaker motor
Aurich decals and translite
Mirror blades
Interactive vengeance mod
Interactive backglass lighting
Comet color leds
All blue Titan rubbers
7000 or will remove the color dmd and sell for 6500.
Would rather sell locally. Pm me for details or pics

#9831 5 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Wow that sounds like a SUPER nice ST!

Nicest st pro I've seen and played. All those mods were added since I owned it. Legit huo with low plays. Don't hesitate to deal with jesperpark.

#9832 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

WARNING!!!
Goes by Hany Makram
Calgary resident.
Email [email protected]

Okay I have to ask, how do you know what he looks like?
Also if anyone needs a person to check out a pin and take some pics in and around Edmonton, i have no problem doing it.

#9834 5 years ago
Quoted from jesperpark:

Okay I have to ask, how do you know what he looks like?

Somehow he got a copy of his drivers license.

#9835 5 years ago
Quoted from Stretch7:

Somehow he got a copy of his drivers license.

This

#9837 5 years ago

FYI there's a know scammer out in Calgary by the name of Ivo Jensen. He is notorious for using fake names.

#9838 5 years ago

Anybody with an Alien they would like to sell?

#9839 5 years ago
Quoted from pinball_customs:

FYI there's a know scammer out in Calgary by the name of Ivo Jensen. He is notorious for using fake names.

This guy
http://user.xmission.com/~daina/blacklist.html#IvoJebsen

#9840 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

WARNING!!!
Goes by Hany Makram
Calgary resident.
Email [email protected]

I also have had recent dealings with "Hany".

I posted an ad on Kijiji for a Back To The Future Pin.
He contacted me, said he was from Calgary, and that he could ship it. We talked for a bit, he came across friendly. When I asked for some kind of assurance from him, he sent me "his" drivers license. Then he asked for mine.

I didn't send it to him. Then he asked for my full mailing address to get a shipping quote. I gave him my address only. No name is associated with my email account.

Something still didn't feel right, so I waited a few days to reply. He suddenly seemed rushed to get this done. I asked him if we could use PayPal, he said he doesn't use that as he doesn't trust it. Asked him for Social Media links, said he doesn't use that either because of trust issues of privacy with Facebook.

Did a search for his "FREE" email address, and came upon this thread.

So thank you. Thank you for this info, it solved my dilemma immediately, and, it made me sign up and pay to be verified.

Once I got here, I did a search for a BTTF pin, and stumbled upon this ad: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fsft-back-to-the-future-the-pinball-1

Imagine my surprise when EVERY image in this ad from a year ago matched the images "Hany" sent me.

So um, I guess now my question is... Anyone got a BTTF pin in Southern Ontario?
- mike

#9841 5 years ago
Quoted from BHmike:

I also have had recent dealings with "Hany".
I posted an ad on Kijiji for a Back To The Future Pin.
He contacted me, said he was from Calgary, and that he could ship it. We talked for a bit, he came across friendly. When I asked for some kind of assurance from him, he sent me "his" drivers license. Then he asked for mine.
I didn't send it to him. Then he asked for my full mailing address to get a shipping quote. I gave him my address only. No name is associated with my email account.
Something still didn't feel right, so I waited a few days to reply. He suddenly seemed rushed to get this done. I asked him if we could use PayPal, he said he doesn't use that as he doesn't trust it. Asked him for Social Media links, said he doesn't use that either because of trust issues of privacy with Facebook.
Did a search for his "FREE" email address, and came upon this thread.
So thank you. Thank you for this info, it solved my dilemma immediately, and, it made me sign up and pay to be verified.
Once I got here, I did a search for a BTTF pin, and stumbled upon this ad: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fsft-back-to-the-future-the-pinball-1
Imagine my surprise when EVERY image in this ad from a year ago matched the images "Hany" sent me.
So um, I guess now my question is... Anyone got a BTTF pin in Southern Ontario?
- mike

What a piece of shit!

#9842 5 years ago

It's also possible the driver's license is stolen and someone is impersonating this person. If you sent a picture of your license, they would then be impersonating you later on.

Rob

#9843 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

It's also possible the driver's license is stolen and someone is impersonating this person. If you sent a picture of your license, they would then be impersonating you later on.
Rob

That's exactly what he's doing.

I had a cop friend run his license, it's super clean. No tickets, arrests, nothing.

#9844 5 years ago

HOLY SHIT.
Graysons Dad, I know you.
I know you from Ottawa Street North. LOL.

Small world where we're both almost screwed over by the same dickhead!
-Mike

#9845 5 years ago

Does anyone know if "Jimmys" met pro on kijiji Calgary is legit?

#9846 5 years ago

Who sends their drivers license to anyone? Red flags would be going off instantly if someone sent me their license

#9847 5 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Who sends their drivers license to anyone? Red flags would be going off instantly if someone sent me their license

BHmike was wise not to send his... you'd have to assume this scammer is going to use any other driver license's he has been given in subsequent fraud attempts... so if anyone is reading this and has sent their license to this guy you should probably replace it for starters and then start doing some other investigating into remedies to identity theft.

#9849 5 years ago
Quoted from BHmike:

HOLY SHIT.
Graysons Dad, I know you.
I know you from Ottawa Street North. LOL.
Small world where we're both almost screwed over by the same dickhead!
-Mike

I'm not sure what you mean about knowing me from Ottawa st? It's in my city but it's not like I've ever lived there.....

#9850 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I'm not sure what you mean about knowing me from Ottawa st? It's in my city but it's not like I've ever lived there.....

Bounty Hunter Toys.

There are 24,838 posts in this topic. You are on page 197 of 497.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-in-canada-have-any-pins-they-want-to-sell/page/197?hl=mymalibu and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.