(Topic ID: 76928)

Anybody in Canada have any pins they want to sell?

By Spencer

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,642 posts
  • 703 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by cait001
  • Topic is favorited by 432 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DumbnDumber (resized).jpg
111111 (resized).jpg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (resized).jpeg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (1) (resized).jpeg
L1000528 (resized).JPG
L1000531 edit (resized).jpg
L1000537 edit (resized).jpg
L1000539 edit (resized).jpg
L1000540 (resized).JPG
L1000542 (resized).JPG
L1000543 (resized).JPG
L1000544 edit (resized).jpg
L1000548 (resized).JPG
L1000549 (resized).JPG
L1000545 (resized).JPG
L1000526 (resized).JPG

There are 24,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 148 of 493.
#7351 6 years ago

Pinball-Rob I should get you to fix that solenoid issue I still haven't been able to suss out on my TOTAN, as a tinkerer I take joy in fixing things myself, but sometimes you just gotta admit that it's over your head lol.

#7352 6 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

pinball-rob I should get you to fix that solenoid issue I still haven't been able to suss out on my TOTAN, as a tinkerer I take joy in fixing things myself, but sometimes you just gotta admit that it's over your head lol.

Pinball-Rob if you need someone to hold a light I am happy to assist, free all day tomorrow. I just want to play Judge Dread and listen to some records

#7353 6 years ago

Shit, I should probably clean my house. You're welcome over any time puck !

#7354 6 years ago

Wish I had time - too much stuff in the queue now.

But yes, Rob should be able to help.

#7355 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Rob:

Hey there, a shameless plug for my little startup biz here in Edmonton - I've done a few pin cleanups, starting with my own and expanded from there.
http://rpinball.com/

I'm just curious how you got an in with Cyberdyne!

Definitely gonna book mark that just in case I have any issues that come in over my head

#7356 6 years ago
Quoted from noahd42:

I'm just curious how you got an in with Cyberdyne!
Definitely gonna book mark that just in case I have any issues that come in over my head

Yeah, it's groovy to be able to go back in time and 'talk' to the game designers with full prejudice from Pinsiders! You wouldn't believe the alternative timelines I've prevented...
Just doin' my duty.

#7357 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead306:

Who's all headed down with you? Might be hosting a few fellow pinsiders that night for a BBQ and pins. I live close to the stadium so would maybe work out good.

Hey man thx for the invite, don't know if I can make that work, I'm coming down with a buddy and meeting up with another guy, but staying in White City and taking transit from a bar there, burger, beer and two way transportation for like $40 I guess. I'll keep in touch though, it'd be fun!

#7358 6 years ago

To my friends from the great white North I have a couple games I'd be willing to bring over the Border as I've done it before I have a nice unfaded Twilight Zone I'm looking to get $6,500 us and a nice unfaded Indianapolis 500 I'm looking to get $$ 3400 I need us greenbacks none of that plastic money though thank you John

#7359 6 years ago
Quoted from Geddy2112:

To my friends from the great white North I have a couple games I'd be willing to bring over the Border as I've done it before I have a nice unfaded Twilight Zone I'm looking to get $6,500 us and a nice unfaded Indianapolis 500 I'm looking to get $$ 3400 I need us greenbacks none of that plastic money though thank you John

Finally a post listing a game for sale thanks man I was beginning to think this thread had been permanently high jacked . You guys do realize there is a canadian whats up thread ? You don't see a whole lotta Indy !

#7360 6 years ago

Hey
How much would you pay for a 7-8/10 Black hole?
Meaning worst part's on cabinet (Classic dings and minor repaints) but 10/10 backglass and PF?
3000$ right?

#7361 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheese_WizardPQ:

Hey
How much would you pay for a 7-8/10 Black hole?

3000$ right?

nope!

#7362 6 years ago

sold it 2k

Was my asking price.

#7363 6 years ago

Dialed In LE is sold.

#7364 6 years ago

Wondering how much a x-men pro goes for vs x-men le....both have become available to me and trying to decide any help would be appreciated.

#7365 6 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Wondering how much a x-men pro goes for vs x-men le....both have become available to me and trying to decide any help would be appreciated.

Probably $1000-$1200 difference in price.

#7366 6 years ago

6500-7k for le with wolverine version higher then magneto , pro 5000 - 6k

#7367 6 years ago

I'm looking for a TRON Le.
Someone is willing to sell?

#7368 6 years ago

Wow really? I thought there were less Magnetos than Wolverine models produced. Would have thought the opposite on price.
Sure Wolvie is a more popular character but with the magnets in the machine it seems to fit Magneto.

#7369 6 years ago

The strikes and spares in regina sold. I just phoned the guy. Who picked it up? With the pictures that were on kijiji, was the game in good condition?

#7370 6 years ago

Not sure what condition it was in. The pictures weren't of the actual machine as far as I can tell. One was a pic off of virtual pin.

#7371 6 years ago

Just posted pics of Scared Stiff and my Metallica Pro on Kijiji if any one is interested.

#7372 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheese_WizardPQ:

Why is there so many pinsiders on the West Coast with things to sell/trade and almost nothing on east coast (Ontario is OK but Quebec is a no mans land!)
I should move

My feeling also. All my friends who are into pinball use maaca. I hate that site, feels like going back in 1990.

Maybe we should start a quebec thread for french speaking people than again they would not come on pinside for that 1 specific thread only.

Yup not many things to buy close by

#7373 6 years ago
Quoted from jimbeam42:

Just posted pics of Scared Stiff and my Metallica Pro on Kijiji if any one is interested.

Metallica looks great, id be all over this but I want a premium model. Such a good price! Scared Stiff looks real nice too!

#7374 6 years ago

You should look at the differences in met (sure you have) not much difference, definately not 2-3k difference I wouldnt think anyways, coffin ball lock looks cool though

#7375 6 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

You should look at the differences in met (sure you have) not much difference, definately not 2-3k difference I wouldnt think anyways, coffin ball lock looks cool though

Coffin ball lock is great, the lighting seems alot better and I REALLY want the road case cabinet. Can anybody talk me out of this? The pro price is way better for sure.

#7376 6 years ago

Translite on the pro is better? Roadcase cab is cool though

Ohh, just looked at the prem, for 4k difference - definately the pro

#7377 6 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Translite on the pro is better? Roadcase cab is cool though

Lol, You can say that again. The Premium I'm looking at comes with both translite's, I'll keep the original but would prefer to burn it. The hammer lock is cool too.

#7378 6 years ago

Premium all the way Spencer. Love the hammer and snake mechs. In the words of Wham!, if you're gonna do it, do it right.

#7379 6 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Premium all the way Spencer. Love the hammer and snake mechs. In the words of Wham!, if you're gonna do it, do it right.

Thanks Ron, I agree.

#7380 6 years ago

I think met pro is the one pro that holds its own. 6k pro or 10k premium? I'd take the pro all day long but just my opinion. Throw a few mods on her and good to go. Although that roadcase cab is drooling gorgeous.

#7381 6 years ago

Metallica LE best of them all,by far

#7382 6 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

Coffin ball lock is great, the lighting seems alot better and I REALLY want the road case cabinet. Can anybody talk me out of this? The pro price is way better for sure.

There are a long list of pros vs cons on this debate.

While the lighting is better in the premium, you can get timebandits total lightshow kit for a lot less than 4k

As for the other goodies, they all have their own lists of pros and cons too

Hammer/Coffin lock

pro: cool feature, physical bacll lock, goes under playfield, hammer effect, magnet ball grab

con: prone to fail (a lot), people swap out the metal cube for a captive ball (like the pro), MASSIVE and blocks the view of the playfield, sometimes causes ball stuck issues

Snake functions

pro: very cool when it works, physical ball lock, extra mech bragging rights

con: has been prone to need adjustment a lot (see met club thread), makes snake multiball easier to achieve, looks like a turtle without fangs (not all pros have fangs, and I know, you can always add them)

Rising Cross

pro: also cool, matches dmd animation
con: none really, just another mech to fix if/when it breaks

Spinners

pro: great to have, tied into scoring

con: can be easily added to the pro (however, not tied into scoring)

Cab Art

pro: personal opinion

con: personal opinion

Hoping this helps you a bit. I personally have a pro with a bunch of mods, I wish I had a couple of the perks, but they are not nearly worth the dollar jump to me. Again, personal.

#7383 6 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

There are a long list of pros vs cons on this debate.
While the lighting is better in the premium, you can get timebandits total lightshow kit for a lot less than 4k
As for the other goodies, they all have their own lists of pros and cons too
Hammer/Coffin lock
pro: cool feature, physical bacll lock, goes under playfield, hammer effect, magnet ball grab
con: prone to fail (a lot), people swap out the metal cube for a captive ball (like the pro), MASSIVE and blocks the view of the playfield, sometimes causes ball stuck issues
Snake functions
pro: very cool when it works, physical ball lock, extra mech bragging rights
con: has been prone to need adjustment a lot (see met club thread), makes snake multiball easier to achieve, looks like a turtle without fangs (not all pros have fangs, and I know, you can always add them)
Rising Cross
pro: also cool, matches dmd animation
con: none really, just another mech to fix if/when it breaks
Spinners
pro: great to have, tied into scoring
con: can be easily added to the pro (however, not tied into scoring)
Cab Art
pro: personal opinion
con: personal opinion
Hoping this helps you a bit. I personally have a pro with a bunch of mods, I wish I had a couple of the perks, but they are not nearly worth the dollar jump to me. Again, personal.

Do what it's worth, I have had METLE since new and only every had a minor switch issue with my snake. It seemed a major issue until I realized it was just the switch.

Other than that, hammer and snake have worked flawlessly for thousands and thousands or plays. Locking a ball in the snake during multiball is a major feature IMO. Gives you 2X playfield (like the pro) but also keeps a ball safe for 20 seconds. Get two mulitballs going at the same time and you can do it twice. That alone is worth $4000 to me!! Ok maybe $3K but add the hammer, coffin lock, cross and lightshow and easy to justify the value.

Otherwise guys with premium and LEs would sell and just get a pro. That ain't happening.

#7384 6 years ago

Couldn't agree more Pinchamp. I'm very happy with my Premium.

#7385 6 years ago

According to the qoute I got, its no where near $4K more.

Now, who wants a mint Smuag Gold Hobbit?

#7386 6 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

According to the qoute I got, its no where near $4K more.

How much more is it?

#7387 6 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

How much more is it?

I was told $9300 plus tax.

#7388 6 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

I was told $9300 plus tax.

And what is a Pro going for these days?

#7389 6 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

And what is a Pro going for these days?

I didn't ask but there is a used one for $6200 I few posts up and I'm guessing new is right around $7K?

#7390 6 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

I didn't ask but there is a used one for $6200 I few posts up and I'm guessing new is right around $7K?

New Met Pros retail around $7495 + tax and maybe shipping. give or take 100 depending who you're buying from. A year ago it was $6995!!

#7391 6 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

New Met Pros retail around $7495 + tax and maybe shipping. give or take 100 depending who you're buying from. A year ago it was $6995!!

So there you go. $2k difference. Makes it an easy choice.

#7392 6 years ago

The dollar is fluctuating right now, so you might be able to get better deals out there right now but you are in the range for sure.

Quoted from JoshODBrown:

#7393 6 years ago

Yeah, I'd be tempted to spend another 2K if you're already in for $7K+ for the Premium if you can swing it. The Pro is awesome as is, but Met Prem is one case where there is real value in the incremental cost vs some other games.

#7394 6 years ago

Just saw a Medieval Madness remake on kijiji 4 sale in lethbridge.

Ad only has one pic tho...hes asking 10k. Just fyi

#7395 6 years ago

Shout out to pinchamp and jms121 for helping move the TWD pro and TWD LE. Can't wait to play the LE now. Thank you guys. enjoy your 2nd tour of duty with the Pro Darren.

#7396 6 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Just saw a Medieval Madness remake on kijiji 4 sale in lethbridge.
Ad only has one pic tho...hes asking 10k. Just fyi

If it turns out that this is a legit seller I can go check it out for fellow pinsiders.

#7397 6 years ago

Hello
What's going rate for a data east royal rumble and f14 tomcat nowadays. Thinking of bringing one or both to sell at Vancouver flipout.....

#7398 6 years ago

I want the royal rumble! I'll be there

#7399 6 years ago
Quoted from TBatti:

Shout out to pinchamp and jms121 for helping move the TWD pro and TWD LE. Can't wait to play the LE now. Thank you guys. enjoy your 2nd tour of duty with the Pro Darren.

Thanks to you TBatti for helping haul my AFMLE to my house while I hauled TWD and to algrande for getting me a sweet AFMLE and use of his truck. That was one hell of a day of hauling pins around... still gotta set them up!

#7400 6 years ago

Hmmm....crickets on my Whirlwind bottom page 146. no shipping kills any interest? Price out of line? I may head to the lower mainland in September, so if anyone is interested please let me know.

There are 24,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 148 of 493.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-in-canada-have-any-pins-they-want-to-sell/page/148?hl=noahd42 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.