(Topic ID: 76928)

Anybody in Canada have any pins they want to sell?

By Spencer

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,776 posts
  • 703 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by Saltimbanco
  • Topic is favorited by 432 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DumbnDumber (resized).jpg
111111 (resized).jpg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (resized).jpeg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (1) (resized).jpeg
L1000528 (resized).JPG
L1000531 edit (resized).jpg
L1000537 edit (resized).jpg
L1000539 edit (resized).jpg
L1000540 (resized).JPG
L1000542 (resized).JPG
L1000543 (resized).JPG
L1000544 edit (resized).jpg
L1000548 (resized).JPG
L1000549 (resized).JPG
L1000545 (resized).JPG
L1000526 (resized).JPG
There are 24,776 posts in this topic. You are on page 147 of 496.
#7301 6 years ago

There is free play at luckys lounge in the evening.

#7302 6 years ago

Lucky's 100%
15004 Yellowhead Trail NW
Local pinsider runs it and the machines are always tip top.

#7303 6 years ago
Quoted from wolv3:

There is free play at luckys lounge in the evening.

Whats going on tomorrow night? Must have missed a memo.

#7304 6 years ago

Beercade looks great, Fat Tug draft and pinball, yes please...

Kids allowed during the day? Cant find any info. The youngest wants to come.

Looks like no... Maybe Ron will be around, best host with games!

#7305 6 years ago

I am around actually. Hosting a team hockey party in the evening. So one fridge is jammed full of ice cold beer. Too bad my Star Wars LE won't be here until mid week.

#7306 6 years ago

Beercade opens at 3. Never seen a kid in there ever ever.
Free at Lucky's? Shit!

#7307 6 years ago

Lucky's is the best. Seven reasons:
1. There is parking available and it's free.
2. It's quiet enough to hear the games.
3. You don't have to dick around with tokens.
4. Opens at 10 am!
5. Friendly Staff
6. Across from Costco!
7. Bill takes good care of his machines.

#7308 6 years ago
Quoted from klr650:

Lucky's is the best. Seven reasons:
1. There is parking available and it's free.
2. It's quiet enough to hear the games.
3. You don't have to dick around with tokens.
4. Opens at 10 am!
5. Friendly Staff
6. Across from Costco!
7. Bill takes good care of his machines.

kids allowed?

#7309 6 years ago

Don't think any of our places allow kids..

When are you up? You and your kids are welcome to swing by my place but I won't be home till Monday

#7310 6 years ago

I don't think so, but I don't know for sure.

#7311 6 years ago

No kids I'm pretty sure they have VLT's. the theatre in Reddeer defiantly allowes kids and they have a batman 66 among several others .

#7312 6 years ago

Well that kinda sucks. Thanks for the offer Dustin, one day I will make it there! Im just coming up tonight to pick up something tomorrow. Texted Ron, hopefully he gets back to me.

Every place in Calgary allows kids, I take my family to Craft for bunch on Sundays and enjoy over 100 beers. ( no pinball though ) Guess I could always hit up Red Robin, lol.

#7313 6 years ago

Beercade does allow kids until 8:00 pm I believe. Good mix of games there.

If I recall there is a sign on the front door that says that.

#7314 6 years ago
Quoted from noahd42:

Beercade does allow kids until 8:00 pm I believe. Good mix of games there.
If I recall there is a sign on the front door that says that.

Must be a new rule. They never have let me in with jr.

#7315 6 years ago

If you have the kids I would suggest the Rec Room, there is only two pins there but a bunch of video games and ticket redemption games for kids.

Quoted from Spencer:

Well that kinda sucks. Thanks for the offer Dustin, one day I will make it there! Im just coming up tonight to pick up something tomorrow. Texted Ron, hopefully he gets back to me.
Every place in Calgary allows kids, I take my family to Craft for bunch on Sundays and enjoy over 100 beers. ( no pinball though ) Guess I could always hit up Red Robin, lol.

#7316 6 years ago

Any idea when the WEM recroom opens and what games?

#7317 6 years ago

Isnt there a canadian whats up thread? Lol

#7318 6 years ago
Quoted from puck:

Whats going on tomorrow night? Must have missed a memo.

Elie's birthday bash

#7319 6 years ago

Was fortunate to hook up with Ron! Thanks again to him and his family for welcoming us in! Great games but, now I have a new wishlist!

#7320 6 years ago

Anybody in here buy that Strikes and Spares in Regina? looked decent at a decent price point.

#7321 6 years ago

Hey guys, there's a Walking Dead on Kijiji in Edmonton I am interested in, any chance someone from Edmonton would check it out for me before I make the drive up?

#7322 6 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Anybody in here buy that Strikes and Spares in Regina? looked decent at a decent price point.

It's on my wish list and the price seemed good - But the seller was using a screen capture from Future Pinball (virtual table) in the kijiji listing - so I didn't bother getting too excited about it.

#7323 6 years ago

Ive got my HUO TWD up for trade. Looking for other optiins. I love the game but the kids are scared of it...

#7324 6 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

Hey guys, there's a Walking Dead on Kijiji in Edmonton I am interested in, any chance someone from Edmonton would check it out for me before I make the drive up?

Saw the ad this morning. Looks fishy to me....

#7325 6 years ago
Quoted from klr650:

It's on my wish list and the price seemed good - But the seller was using a screen capture from Future Pinball (virtual table) in the kijiji listing - so I didn't bother getting too excited about it.

Yeah, we were messaging back and forth about it, i'm heading to Regina next Sunday for G'nR, so I told myself if it was still there I would go look at it/pick it up. He emailed me yesterday to mention thx, it had been sold.

#7326 6 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Yeah, I will report back if I speak with the seller over the phone, and decide if it's legit.

#7327 6 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

Yeah, I will report back if I speak with the seller over the phone, and decide if it's legit.

If he's legit and you need someone to just double confirm let me know. I'm on vacation (pending overtime) until the end of the month. So I don't mind checking it out to let you know if it's on the level.

#7328 6 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

What looked fishy about it ? Ad isn't there anymore .

#7329 6 years ago
Quoted from Lord_of_the_pins:

What looked fishy about it ? Ad isn't there anymore .

Picture and info was very limited. I dunno....if I get that vibe I just stay away. That's just me....but i could be wrong.

#7330 6 years ago

Yeah, we were messaging back and forth about it, i'm heading to Regina next Sunday for G'nR, so I told myself if it was still there I would go look at it/pick it up. He emailed me yesterday to mention thx, it had been sold.

I had contacted the guy right away thinking I could add an early ss to my collection. I lowballed the guy a little but he told me it was already sold. I also noticed the virtual pin picture and I noticed one picture had a few more pins in the picture and a dunkin doughnuts coffee cup in it which we don't have here. He also told me he didn't have any other pins and that he paid over 2000$ for strikes and spares.

#7331 6 years ago

I am now looking for a Metallica Premium, I have no idea on current prices as I never paid attention prior. There is a loaded one on Kijiji right now, is that the going rate?

I would be interested in trading my Hobbit for one as well.

#7332 6 years ago

i'm heading to Regina next Sunday for G'nR,

Who's all headed down with you? Might be hosting a few fellow pinsiders that night for a BBQ and pins. I live close to the stadium so would maybe work out good.

#7333 6 years ago

Dropping the price on my Hobitt to $10K FIRM. You wont find a nicer example, still less than 100 plays.

#7334 6 years ago

Question for Edmonton pinsiders....

I would like to have my pin completely torn down, cleaned & waxed. This is a job that is well beyond my capabilites and I plan on hiring someone for this task.

Anyone have experience dealing with http://videogamerepairs.ca/contact/ in Edmonton?

I called them and they stated that they do what I am requesting and have done it on numerous pins before. (But not mine specifically)

They said it's a task that can range from 12-20 man hours.

I'm just curious if anyone has any experience with them. I want to make sure my pin is well treated and restored properly....thats all.

Or is there somewhere/someone else who is highly recommended?

Thanks

#7335 6 years ago

___

#7336 6 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Anyone have experience dealing with http://videogamerepairs.ca/contact/ in Edmonton?

I can't speak to their work on pins, but they have never let me down with repairs in regard to consoles. They always seem to have a few arcades there in queue to be serviced.

#7337 6 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Question for Edmonton pinsiders....
I would like to have my pin completely torn down, cleaned & waxed. This is a job that is well beyond my capabilites and I plan on hiring someone for this task.
I called them and they stated that they do what I am requesting and have done it on numerous pins before. (But not mine specifically)
They said it's a task that can range from 12-20 man hours.
I'm just curious if anyone has any experience with them. I want to make sure my pin is well treated and restored properly....thats all.
Thanks

I would recommend getting some examples of their work. I think everyone has a different opinion on what shopped or restored is and the quality of the service could be different depending where you go. It doesn't sound like you are looking for a high end restore but its better to be safe!

#7338 6 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Hey there, a shameless plug for my little startup biz here in Edmonton - I've done a few pin cleanups, starting with my own and expanded from there.
http://rpinball.com/

#7339 6 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

I would recommend getting some examples of their work. I think everyone has a different opinion on what shopped or restored is and the quality of the service could be different depending where you go. It doesn't sound like you are looking for a high end restore but its better to be safe!

^^ This

I plan on going in to speak with them today for a little Q&A.

Ask if they can show me some of their previous work (I'm sure they kept tear down pics from the past), what their actual process of a tear down consist of, price, turnaround time, what products they use to clean/wax, etc.

Quoted from robbiedoo:

I can't speak to their work on pins, but they have never let me down with repairs in regard to consoles. They always seem to have a few arcades there in queue to be serviced.

Thanks for the information

#7340 6 years ago

Why is there so many pinsiders on the West Coast with things to sell/trade and almost nothing on east coast (Ontario is OK but Quebec is a no mans land!)

I should move

#7341 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheese_WizardPQ:

Why is there so many pinsiders on the West Coast with things to sell/trade and almost nothing on east coast (Ontario is OK but Quebec is a no mans land!)
I should move

I would call it regional perspective. I see lots from On and qc try pinball republic

#7342 6 years ago

is there a way to know how many canadian pinsiders are from each provinces?

#7343 6 years ago

is there a way to know how many canadian pinsiders are from each provinces?

Pinmaps

But its not a perfect count

#7344 6 years ago

maybe the language is a big factor. lots of quebekers between 40-70yo don't speak/write in english.

#7345 6 years ago

Also see french language ads on kijiji. Often pretty high end games. And maaca.org must have listings in quebec.

#7346 6 years ago

I should move

I have a twd pro for trade.

#7347 6 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Rob knows his stuff, I've had Retroactive do some work too, not sure if they still do pins. Beyond that, what you'll pay them, you could dive in yourself. Daunting at first, but usually is a good skill set to develop. I came in with no idea about these games, but when you own any its good to start learning. A lot of locals probably willing to help too. Keys are power off, and many pictures and ziplock bags.

#7348 6 years ago

I'm thinking of trading my Gottlieb quick draw..she's clean and works great. I'd like to get a cyclone, taxi or a joker poker + $..maybe a jungle princess...

#7349 6 years ago

I can vouch for Robert his work is impeccable and he is one of those good guy collectors in the community. He does most of the work on my machines as I am quite useless as a fixer

Quoted from Pinball-Rob:

Hey there, a shameless plug for my little startup biz here in Edmonton - I've done a few pin cleanups, starting with my own and expanded from there.
http://rpinball.com/

#7350 6 years ago

PM Sent Pinball-Rob

There are 24,776 posts in this topic. You are on page 147 of 496.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-in-canada-have-any-pins-they-want-to-sell/page/147?hl=boat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.