(Topic ID: 76928)

Anybody in Canada have any pins they want to sell?

By Spencer

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DumbnDumber (resized).jpg
111111 (resized).jpg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (resized).jpeg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (1) (resized).jpeg
L1000528 (resized).JPG
L1000531 edit (resized).jpg
L1000537 edit (resized).jpg
L1000539 edit (resized).jpg
L1000540 (resized).JPG
L1000542 (resized).JPG
L1000543 (resized).JPG
L1000544 edit (resized).jpg
L1000548 (resized).JPG
L1000549 (resized).JPG
L1000545 (resized).JPG
L1000526 (resized).JPG
There are 24,838 posts in this topic. You are on page 146 of 497.
#7251 6 years ago

Just post what you need on uship and see what comes up.

#7252 6 years ago

I have comparable quotes from Same Day, Day & Ross, and FedEx Freight.

Wondering what company you guys would suggest out of the bunch?

#7253 6 years ago
Quoted from dyno:

Hey guys, I am new to the Canadian forum. I am on the hunt for a Nightmare on Elm Street pin, would rather buy in Canada than from the US. If anyone has one they want to sell , please let me know. If it needs work I don't mind. Trying to find any pin out here for sale on the west coast is slime pickings, going to try to get to the flip out in Vancouver but depends my work schedule. I have never been, are there usually pins for sale there? Good score on the Class of 1812 !

Welcome aboard. There were a few machines for sale at YEGPIN, so I would assume the same would apply to the Vancouver show.

#7254 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I have comparable quotes from Same Day, Day & Ross, and FedEx Freight.
Wondering what company you guys would suggest out of the bunch?

They are all the same. If you don't pack this thing like it could survive a nuclear attack you'll be shit out of luck either way if something happens. + Make sure you pack this thing in front of the guy that picks it up. Or pack it at the depot. Take a shitload of pictures from all angles.

And do yourself a favor:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-create-the-ultimate-palette

#7255 6 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

They are all the same. If you don't pack this thing like it could survive a nuclear attack you'll be shit out of luck either way if something happens. + Make sure you pack this thing in front of the guy that picks it up. Or pack it at the depot. Take a shitload of pictures from all angles.
And do yourself a favor:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-create-the-ultimate-palette

Crazy and unnecessary overkill. All the power to crating, but not worth the time or cost depending on what you're shipping. No matter how much protection you put, it will never be enough to stop damage from a fork lift. With proper padding (i.e. blankets, cardboard, etc.) you'll be safe from any minor rubbing, and small tumbles of other items being shipped; but in the case of forks, you'll never stop them.

A forklift weighs (on average) between 9000 and 16000 pounds. The forks are reinforced steel, and will basically go through anything in it's path. I work with them everyday, and have been around them my whole life.

Another issue with overkill, is over thought. Some people stuff the glass and head with blankets, but Ive seen backglasses, and once a playfield glass 'pop' from too much pressure. You dont want to stress these machines beyond necessary means.

Kudos to those who take the insane time, however, it is often not worth it.

Also, to the packing it in front of the pick-up driver comment. Most drivers will charge a wait time, and dont want to be stuck waiting on you anyway. Make sure you pack well, and you shouldnt have an issue. Pictures are great to keep tabs, and proper labeling is always a good idea, but again, overkill is not a necessity.

Insurance through carriers is notoriously shit, but there are ways to protect yourself, and those who have spoken with me are well aware of it.

Good luck to anyone who ever decides to ship stuff.

#7256 6 years ago

Quick question about Playdium. I have a AFM LE on order, and I inquired about what the final price would be since the converted quote was given to me when the US dollar was higher.

Adam gets back to me saying I can pay US dollars, but it would be $8299. I've emailed him back to ask how he's charging that while everyone else is at $7999, but he says he's waiting to hear back from his sales manager.

Getting tired of dealing with their bullshit... My next order goes through Nitro!

#7257 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Quick question about Playdium. I have a AFM LE on order, and I inquired about what the final price would be since the converted quote was given to me when the US dollar was higher.
Adam gets back to me saying I can pay US dollars, but it would be $8299. I've emailed him back to ask how he's charging that while everyone else is at $7999, but he says he's waiting to hear back from his sales manager.
Getting tired of dealing with their bullshit... My next order goes through Nitro!

Cancel it and do it now if he has them.

#7258 6 years ago
Quoted from wolv3:

Cancel it and do it now if he has them.

They have $1000 in a non-refundable deposit.

If he does not honor the $7999 suggested price, I'll contact my credit card to dispute.

I'm done with Playdium!

#7259 6 years ago
Quoted from dyno:

Hey guys, I am new to the Canadian forum. I am on the hunt for a Nightmare on Elm Street pin, would rather buy in Canada than from the US. If anyone has one they want to sell , please let me know. If it needs work I don't mind. Trying to find any pin out here for sale on the west coast is slime pickings, going to try to get to the flip out in Vancouver but depends my work schedule. I have never been, are there usually pins for sale there? Good score on the Class of 1812 !

Hey dyno, I'm new to the forum and I'm in the process of working out how to PM... Try as I might despite verification I'm drawing a blank. ANYWAY, I saw one for sale the other day, you may already have seen it but shoot me a message and hopefully I can reply with the link. It's in New York state though.

#7260 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

They have $1000 in a non-refundable deposit.
If he does not honor the $7999 suggested price, I'll contact my credit card to dispute.
I'm done with Playdium!

They are very poor. Tommy is great to work with. I hope stern wakes up one day and makes nitro a dealer!

#7261 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

That was always the price here, $300 for freight from the US. You'd be paying at least that much getting it shipped direct from any other seller. You won't be paying $7999 US landed (+ hst) from anyone.

#7262 6 years ago

Thanks Apostle, got your PM

#7263 6 years ago

Ghost Busters LE for sale,no trades.
No play field ghosting,lots of mods.
Comes with Hot Wheels car and guys,for a topper.
Plus angry stay puft guy,and a carpet.
Stern inside decals,not installed.
Ghost busters car over left ramp,lights up.
Green flipper rubbers
Lane extenders,no more rail hops.
Invisaglas,will sell without it to.

#7264 6 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

Ghost Busters LE for sale,no trades.
No play field ghosting,lots of mods.
Comes with Hot Wheels car and guys,for a topper.
Plus angry stay puft guy,and a carpet.
Stern inside decals,not installed.
Ghost busters car over left ramp,lights up.
Green flipper rubbers
Lane extenders,no more rail hops.

I will bid $500. Or is there a price you are looking for?

#7265 6 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

I will bid $500. Or is there a price you are looking for?

Crap forgot that

#7266 6 years ago

And the actual retail price is........ *bob barker voice*

#7267 6 years ago

Scroll back up to the previously edited post! How much longer til Alien goes up for sale Dan?!? Haha, dare to dream!

#7268 6 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Scroll back up to the previously edited post! How much longer til Alien goes up for sale Dan?!? Haha, dare to dream!

Alien = paperweight. At least that's the last I heard. Any update Dan? Can it actually be functional or are u still waiting for a replacement game?

#7269 6 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Alien = paperweight. At least that's the last I heard. Any update Dan? Can it actually be functional or are u still waiting for a replacement game?

Still waiting Darren,but the new one has been updated with sound and game code.
Installed the Alien Mech last week.

#7270 6 years ago

Thinking of posting either my original (non-led)Metallica Pro or Scared Stiff up for sale locally and need help with pricing. I haven't seen either up for sale recently. Metallica has been huo with a couple cliffys but pretty much stock. Scared Stiff was routed but in decent shape. Added dancing boogie men and skull pile leds. Any help in price range is appreciated. Thanks

#7271 6 years ago

Listed my Hobbit on Kijijji. Only trade is CFTBL, no longer have any interest in Indy after my last experience. I think I will list Champion Pub tomorrow as well. I bought it from a scumbag liar seller, I will be looking for close to what I paid, except I will actually disclose what it needs. ( I already have the parts in hand )

#7272 6 years ago
Quoted from jimbeam42:

Thinking of posting either my original (non-led)Metallica Pro or Scared Stiff up for sale locally and need help with pricing. I haven't seen either up for sale recently. Metallica has been huo with a couple cliffys but pretty much stock. Scared Stiff was routed but in decent shape. Added dancing boogie men and skull pile leds. Any help in price range is appreciated. Thanks

Might have a buyer for the scared stiff. There is guy in town that wants one.

#7273 6 years ago

Probably a long shot but is anyone in Vancouver, specifically Whiterock area able to help me out on a Wheel of Fortune deal that I am trying to put together. Thank you

#7274 6 years ago

There was an LED Metallica Pro listed in Chilliwack (just outside Vancouver) for $7100 then $7000. The ad was up for at least 4 weeks. It was HUO and had low plays allegedly

#7275 6 years ago

GBLE is sold
Up next is Dialed In LE,New out of box.
Already set up the theatre magnet,loops around back in most modes now.
Titan flipper rubbers. Cliffy's on the way.
Shaker motor,Invisaglas.
No play field chipping at Sim card hole.

#7276 6 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

GBLE is sold
Shaker motor,Invisaglas.

Games that good huh?

#7277 6 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

Games that good huh?

yikes. Good thing I've already played it, looking forward to mine. If we all liked the same games it would be a boring world.

#7278 6 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

Games that good huh?

Putting a new roof on the house,toy can go. I can buy one later if I want it back.
Game is fun to.

#7279 6 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

Putting a new roof on the house,toy can go. I can buy one later if I want it back.
Game is fun to.

I was kidding. I knew about the roof.

Wish they were cheaper. Would love to bang on one at the cafe.

#7280 6 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

I was kidding. I knew about the roof.
Wish they were cheaper. Would love to bang on one at the cafe.

Just buy it. I want to slap it around to J. ha ha

#7281 6 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

GBLE is sold
Shaker motor,Invisaglas.

Wow - sold GBLE already? Did you sell all the bonus stuff I sold you too? (Carpet, car, stay puft, etc)? How much more did you sell it for over what I sold it to you for?

#7282 6 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Wow - sold GBLE already? Did you sell all the bonus stuff I sold you too? (Carpet, car, stay puft, etc)? How much more did you sell it for over what I sold it to you for?

Darren, since my first sale, Ive never wanted to know what they re-sold for. If I was happy with the deal I made, I was ok. Seems like a slow time for sales right now, at least personal experience.... Cant see a huge resale...

#7283 6 years ago

Haha yeah sorry I should have posted the icon.

I know there was nothing left in the table with the game. Sucks to have to have been the one to lose the $$ on it but it was my mistake buying it so I paid the price of admission. I did get to play the heck out of it for a year so I take comfort in that.

#7284 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Did anyone get a chance to see the Doctor Who in Cambridge for $3,500 asking? Seems like a decent price. Never heard back from the seller.

I listened to the most recent Canadian Pinball podcast and he mentioned he picked this one up, I believe.

#7285 6 years ago

Just wanted to share a quick story about a fellow Pinsider that most of you probably know, Meegis.

I was looking to do a trade for one of my games, and he PM'd me to offer help in shipping since I had never done it before. He was exceptionally generous with his time, and went out of his way to give me info on pretty much everything I needed to know.

He also let me use his warehouse, where he spent at least a couple of hours with me wrapping it up and preparing it for shipment. He patiently explained everything he was doing, and even skipped his lunch the next day to wait for Same Day to pick it up.

Not only is Meegis the most awesome guy I've met on this forum, he's one of the most genuinely kind guys I've met period. Definitely need more people like this in the hobby... And the world!

#7286 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Just wanted to share a quick story about a fellow Pinsider that most of you probably know, Meegis.
I was looking to do a trade for one of my games, and he PM'd me to offer help in shipping since I had never done it before. He was exceptionally generous with his time, and went out of his way to give me info on pretty much everything I needed to know.
He also let me use his warehouse, where he spent at least a couple of hours with me wrapping it up and preparing it for shipment. He patiently explained everything he was doing, and even skipped his lunch the next day to wait for Same Day to pick it up.
Not only is Meegis the most awesome guy I've met on this forum, he's one of the most genuinely kind guys I've met period. Definitely need more people like this in the hobby... And the world!

Preach It!

#7287 6 years ago

That's awesome, need many more folks like that on Pinside!

#7288 6 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Haha yeah sorry I should have posted the icon.
I know there was nothing left in the table with the game. Sucks to have to have been the one to lose the $$ on it but it was my mistake buying it so I paid the price of admission. I did get to play the heck out of it for a year so I take comfort in that.

I guess you could say you got "Ghostbusted"...

#7289 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

i heard he's a jerk

#7290 6 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

i heard he's a jerk

I know for a fact he's a jerk ! LOL . he helped me pack a TZ going to Vancouver , awesome guy "Schmengie"

#7291 6 years ago

Kudos to you Meegis. Nice to hear fellow Pinsiders give praise to those who deserve it!

#7292 6 years ago

I ran into Meegis at VFW. He and some guy that looked like Peter Griffin were beating the tar out of each other all day.
That guy can go a few rounds.

#7293 6 years ago
Quoted from luch:

I know for a fact he's a jerk ! LOL . he helped me pack a TZ going to Vancouver , awesome guy "Schmengie"

Also brought mustang le in for you

#7294 6 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

i heard he's a jerk

Wait till you meet him in person, he owns the Jerk Store.

#7295 6 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Also brought mustang le in for you

Yeah your right , now he's a double jerk !

#7296 6 years ago

Aww, you guys...

Making me blush.

#7297 6 years ago

#7298 6 years ago

Hi all, Just listed my Whirlwind on Kijiji. It's pretty nice...

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-toys-games/smithers/whirlwind-pinball-machine/1290432673?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Cheers,
John

#7299 6 years ago

Hey guys, think I'm heading up to Edmonton tomorrow to pick up something. Any places I should check out, besides Denzion Hall?

#7300 6 years ago

The beercade is pretty good and lucky's lounge are both worth going to . The carnival cinema in reddeer also has a very nice line up of probably 8 or 9 games .

There are 24,838 posts in this topic. You are on page 146 of 497.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-in-canada-have-any-pins-they-want-to-sell/page/146 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.