(Topic ID: 76928)

Anybody in Canada have any pins they want to sell?

By Spencer

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DumbnDumber (resized).jpg
111111 (resized).jpg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (resized).jpeg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (1) (resized).jpeg
L1000528 (resized).JPG
L1000531 edit (resized).jpg
L1000537 edit (resized).jpg
L1000539 edit (resized).jpg
L1000540 (resized).JPG
L1000542 (resized).JPG
L1000543 (resized).JPG
L1000544 edit (resized).jpg
L1000548 (resized).JPG
L1000549 (resized).JPG
L1000545 (resized).JPG
L1000526 (resized).JPG
There are 24,843 posts in this topic. You are on page 143 of 497.
#7101 6 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

I'm convinced that everyone hates Gottlieb except me. I just don't have the space to buy all the wacky and stupid Gottliebs that interest me. Seriously, have you ever played Bone Busters? It's so stupid, it's great.

I dislike Wipeout, but many other Gottlieb machines I don't mind. Class Of 1812 is campy fun too!

Rob

#7102 6 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

What's the deal with the Gladiator in a Edmonton? Reasonable price for a DMD, crappy reviews on them though.

Ray is the seller. Buyer beware. Fun game but easy. Was just playing it at sports on tap this morning. Unbalanced scoring.

#7103 6 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

That the one in surrey on cl?

yes, that's the one. Also listed on Pinside as well.

#7104 6 years ago

Just a self bump... I have a mint IJ IJ with colorDMD and Pinsound for trade.

Looking to trade a TOM, TOTAN, SS, or White Water in comparable condition.

Have a potential trade going in Calgary, but the shipping seems to be an issue for the other party. If this trade doesn't materialize, I'm open to other offers.

I've had a few offers already to buy the game, but I'm more interested in trades.

Here's a little video:

More videos and photos available upon request.

#7105 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Just a self bump... I have a mint IJ IJ with colorDMD and Pinsound for trade.
Looking to trade a TOM, TOTAN, SS, or White Water in comparable condition.
Have a potential trade going in Calgary, but the shipping seems to be an issue for the other party. If this trade doesn't materialize, I'm open to other offers.
I've had a few offers already to buy the game, but I'm more interested in trades.
Here's a little video:
» YouTube video
More videos and photos available upon request.

I just shipped Safecracker to Winnipeg,easy to do.
His shipment was under 100.00 with Sameday.

#7106 6 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

I just shipped Safecracker to Winnipeg,easy to do.
His shipment was under 100.00 with Sameday.

Did you have to do the packing, or did they come and do it for you?

Any details you could provide would definitely help. Thanks!

#7107 6 years ago

Im going to bet you pack it and bring it to the terminal. That way two things happen 1) the guys on the forklift take their time to move the game because you are there. 2) its cheaper

#7108 6 years ago

We are very lucky to have the shipping prices of pinball machines that we have here in Canada. Hearing what it costs to ship games in the USA we have it easy. And Sameday.ca / Day & Ross are pretty good. I have used them numerous times for shipping pinball machines and haven't had an issue shipping. However I know that there have been a few issues in the past. But that's nature of the beast. To package up a game use some kind of box like an old Stern box from a different pinball machine you or one of your pinball buddies bought in the past. Fold up the game and wrap the box around the game and use shrink wrap on top of the box to give it added protection. Secure coin box to top of game or beside the game on the pallet depending what size pallet you use. Same with the legs. Even if you don't have a pallet, just package it up and bring it to the depot and the workers there will help you put it on a pallet and secure it to it. Just make sure you bring a few straps to secure it to the pallet. I am the lucky recipient of that Safecracker and I'm excited to get it. I think it's a cool game. Not a game I'd have in a small collection but in a collection over 10 I think it will give another nice different option.

#7109 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

You are looking for "white glove" service since I answered this already on PinRev. Cost will be at least double if not 4X for them to show up and pack it for you. Most big carriers do not offer this service

#7110 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Yes,I packed it up and dropped it off at the depot.
Strapped it to a crate as well,right there in the warehouse.
He probably will get a revised bill,the weight was over 340 LB's

#7111 6 years ago
Quoted from Bay78:

We are very lucky to have the shipping prices of pinball machines that we have here in Canada. Hearing what it costs to ship games in the USA we have it easy. And Sameday.ca / Day & Ross are pretty good. I have used them numerous times for shipping pinball machines and haven't had an issue shipping. However I know that there have been a few issues in the past. But that's nature of the beast. To package up a game use some kind of box like an old Stern box from a different pinball machine you or one of your pinball buddies bought in the past. Fold up the game and wrap the box around the game and use shrink wrap on top of the box to give it added protection. Secure coin box to top of game or beside the game on the pallet depending what size pallet you use. Same with the legs. Even if you don't have a pallet, just package it up and bring it to the depot and the workers there will help you put it on a pallet and secure it to it. Just make sure you bring a few straps to secure it to the pallet. I am the lucky recipient of that Safecracker and I'm excited to get it. I think it's a cool game. Not a game I'd have in a small collection but in a collection over 10 I think it will give another nice different option.

Your game had a few more wrapping steps
folded and wrapped,blanket wrapped,shrink wrap again,cardboard wrap,then shrink wrap again.
Legs and all other parts still inside cardboard,you don't want anything on the outside that could go missing.
Enjoy Safecracker David

#7112 6 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

Your game had a few more wrapping steps
folded and wrapped,blanket wrapped,shrink wrap again,cardboard wrap,then shrink wrap again.
Legs and all other parts still inside cardboard,you don't want anything on the outside that could go missing.
Enjoy Safecracker David

LOL thanks pingod . There was bound to be a few steps missed. And yes on more expensive games the more time taken to pack like added moving blankets and extra wrap and cardboard etc. are all worth it. I've also seen the other way where I shipped a Williams Fire from Red Deer to Winnipeg and the guy just brought the game from Red Deer to Calgary (he was already heading that way) and dropped it off and put on pallet at the depot and no blankets no cardboard no shrink wrap LOL. And it still made it here without issues or damage. But like I said a case by case basis.

#7113 6 years ago
Quoted from Bay78:

This is so true, I have looked into having games shipped in the US and it's totally different. Maybe I have been lucky with the deals I have done in Canada, always done depot to depot and the machine was properly on a pallet and protected no problem at all. The few times I have enquired in the US, I was told to get a moving company to come pick it up and deal with it for way more money. They literally seem to think they will just take the game exactly as is and put it in a truck legs on head up. It's nuts.

#7114 6 years ago

Shipping isnt horrible in the states, but we have it better thankfully. However shipping to and from the states sucks mainly due to the brokerage fees and taxes. The shipping itself is often not that bad when considering the distance traveled.

#7115 6 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Shipping isnt horrible in the states, but we have it better thankfully. However shipping to and from the states sucks mainly due to the brokerage fees and taxes. The shipping itself is often not that bad when considering the distance traveled.

Shipping from chicago to ogdensburg ny costme $345US. Shipping from Regina to Ottawa cost me $175.

#7116 6 years ago

Can someone explain what would be required if I were to ship depot to depot.

How exactly do you wrap a game. The more details the better for this noob

And after you have it wrapped up, do you drop it to the depot and then they strap it to a pallet?

Help please!

#7117 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Can someone explain what would be required if I were to ship depot to depot.
How exactly do you wrap a game. The more details the better for this noob
And after you have it wrapped up, do you drop it to the depot and then they strap it to a pallet?
Help please!

I can provide some better instructions. PM me an email, and Ill try to give you a step by step pictorial with previous machines.

#7118 6 years ago

Anyone verify that champion pub for sale on Edmonton Kijiji is legitimate?

#7119 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead306:

Anyone verify that champion pub for sale on Edmonton Kijiji is legitimate?

I'm pretty sure that is the same guy that was selling the Indy over the previous month. His prices are all over the place one day to the next and he keeps reposting the ads. Seemed weird to me as well so I never went to check anything out but he is close to me.

#7120 6 years ago

Thanks very much.

#7121 6 years ago

So for kicks I replied to the Addams Family in Regina. I received a kijiji message back. In one message I got 3 names. Lol.
The kijiji name at the top of the response was different from the name he wanted me to email and then signed it sincerely with another name.

Does anyone know how many red flags it takes for kijiji to remove a ad?

#7122 6 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

So for kicks I replied to the Addams Family in Regina. I received a kijiji message back. In one message I got 3 names. Lol.
The kijiji name at the top of the response was different from the name he wanted me to email and then signed it sincerely with another name.
Does anyone know how many red flags it takes for kijiji to remove a ad?

I also responded to this listing, here was his response:

Thanks for your interest in this Addams Family Gold Pinball Machine (Bally, 1994)..

Can you please provide me with your email address or email me directly at [email protected]

For more information and pictures of this Pinball Machine. You can drop me a text at (778) 401-2354.

Thanks and await your response.

#7123 6 years ago

A few machines up on kijiji today in Edmonton.

#7124 6 years ago
Quoted from puck:

1) Where?

2) You are supposed to keep it quiet, buy them all then list them back on kijiji 1 week later, for double what you paid for them

#7125 6 years ago
Quoted from puck:

Love the custom paint job on Pinbot

#7126 6 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

I love it so much I'm picking it up tomorrow. When there is no tornado between Edmonton and Calgary!!!

#7127 6 years ago
Quoted from jesperpark:

1) Where?
2) You are supposed to keep it quiet, buy them all then list them back on kijiji 1 week later, for double what you paid for them

lol... no time for flipping pins.
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-old-video-games/edmonton/arcade-multicade-mame-cabinets-projects-machines-pinball-kits/1281070713?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Not sure I would get double asking for a BTS eclipse working or not.

#7128 6 years ago

Considering the source of that add, I would worry about those pins. Or maybe Ray is not using duct tape and chewing gum to fix things anymore

#7129 6 years ago

Anyone have a Tales From The Crypt for sale?

#7130 6 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

oh gosh...

#7131 6 years ago

I'm rolling into Saskatoon in the a.m to pick something up.

I am also dying to find a DMD that needs some work, a good shop job, something to pick at for a while. Anyone have an bit of a project for sale in the city? C'mon help a bro out!

#7132 6 years ago

I'll have it fixed up before too long. I'm thinking the classic stencil job should have it looking back to original. "Pinball Pimp" sells a stencil I think.

#7133 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Pat:

I'll have it fixed up before too long. I'm thinking the classic stencil job should have it looking back to original. "Pinball Pimp" sells a stencil I think.

Yes please, it deserves better. Pinball Pimb stencils is the way to go.

#7134 6 years ago

Someone put their creative writing talents to work with that BSD ad in Calgary.

#7135 6 years ago

haha..i like it! never seen that alternate translite before! I thought love never dies?!?

#7136 6 years ago

The guy who put up the BSD sold me his SF2 a few months back. Nice guy and great to deal with.

#7137 6 years ago

So I'm in Calgary right now. Few things. SML in cross iron mills is funny. Not only are their shit pins brutally overpriced. But I was in there for probably 20 minutes, even climbed under the one virtual pin trying to find the power switch and the dunce cap working never got over her phone once or even acknowledged we were in the store. Never could try out their virtual pin as it crashed during boot up.

But I digress. Where can I play pins tonight while the wife and kids are at the hotel.

#7138 6 years ago
Quoted from Pauz21:

So I'm in Calgary right now. Few things. SML in cross iron mills is funny. Not only are their shit pins brutally overpriced. But I was in there for probably 20 minutes, even climbed under the one virtual pin trying to find the power switch and the dunce cap working never got over her phone once or even acknowledged we were in the store. Never could try out their virtual pin as it crashed during boot up.
But I digress. Where can I play pins tonight while the wife and kids are at the hotel.

Hit up the Trap in Calgary. The games are in great shape and there is good variety!

#7139 6 years ago
Quoted from noahd42:

Hit up the Trap in Calgary. The games are in great shape and there is good variety!

The Atlantic Trap & Gill, down around MacLeod and Heritage Drive. Just across the from the c-train station

#7140 6 years ago

Also the Calgary Flames community arenas is a great spot. And I agree with the trap and grill great line up and when I was working there always bumped into someone doing upkeep and usually slow on any other day then weds. But great group of guys to play pins with on weds if your there the 10$ freeplay night. Which is every other weds.

#7141 6 years ago
Quoted from Pauz21:

SML is a complete joke. I wont give them a dime ever again. They only survive based on new blood and people who don't know better. Much like that moron in Edmonton, ( If I ever see that guy again, It will be too soon ).

What part of town are you staying in?, I've got lots of games off your wish-list!

#7142 6 years ago

I would like to look at some-one in Calgary's Williams IJ. I have seen some photos and just wondering if its normal or not. Or if there is one on location?

#7143 6 years ago
Quoted from Pauz21:

Are they still selling those? Ive built one of my own for way less than they were charging. Virtuals are great for playing obscure games, but they can be a constant headache too. The ones being sold at SML have all the older games with crap graphics, nowadays there are better tables available. Still nothing compares to a real pin

#7144 6 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

Much like that moron in Edmonton

Who are we looking at here? Not sure who you mean....
I've had my share of burns so just verifying. A lot out here taking advantage of the new people.

#7145 6 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

Who are we looking at here? Not sure who you mean....
I've had my share of burns so just verifying. A lot out here taking advantage of the new people.

The used car salesman who ALWAYS TYPES LIKE THIS!

#7146 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead306:

Also the Calgary Flames community arenas is a great spot. And I agree with the trap and grill great line up and when I was working there always bumped into someone doing upkeep and usually slow on any other day then weds. But great group of guys to play pins with on weds if your there the 10$ freeplay night. Which is every other weds.

Yup good line up of new and older games at Flames arena !

#7147 6 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

I would like to look at some-one in Calgary's Williams IJ. I have seen some photos and just wondering if its normal or not. Or if there is one on location?

You can look at mine if you want

#7148 6 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

You can look at mine if you want

Thanks Dan, I'll text you.

#7149 6 years ago

I'm driving to Calgary tomorrow! hope to check out some location pins this week too! and the Melvins tomorrow and the RIDER game Saturday! woooot

#7150 6 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I'm driving to Calgary tomorrow! hope to check out some location pins this week too! and the Melvins tomorrow and the RIDER game Saturday! woooot

Go Stamps Go
Might meet you at the Trap and Gill on Wednesday.

There are 24,843 posts in this topic. You are on page 143 of 497.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-in-canada-have-any-pins-they-want-to-sell/page/143?hl=boat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.