(Topic ID: 76928)

Anybody in Canada have any pins they want to sell?

By Spencer

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,742 posts
  • 703 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 minutes ago by BMGfan
  • Topic is favorited by 432 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DumbnDumber (resized).jpg
111111 (resized).jpg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (resized).jpeg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (1) (resized).jpeg
L1000528 (resized).JPG
L1000531 edit (resized).jpg
L1000537 edit (resized).jpg
L1000539 edit (resized).jpg
L1000540 (resized).JPG
L1000542 (resized).JPG
L1000543 (resized).JPG
L1000544 edit (resized).jpg
L1000548 (resized).JPG
L1000549 (resized).JPG
L1000545 (resized).JPG
L1000526 (resized).JPG
There are 24,742 posts in this topic. You are on page 142 of 495.
#7051 6 years ago
Quoted from Tinnhound:

Jay Richardson Pinball 403 807 2382 http://www.richardsonpinball.com

Thanks!

Can anyone suggest a shipping company to use to ship from Calgary to Toronto? And what is the ballpark cost to do this?

#7052 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Thanks!
Can anyone suggest a shipping company to use to ship from Calgary to Toronto? And what is the ballpark cost to do this?

Day & Ross/Sameday or Vitran for shipping.
Should be around 250.00 to 300.00 depot to depot
Ship at owners risk,they don't insure used games.

#7053 6 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

Day & Ross/Sameday or Vitran for shipping.
Should be around 250.00 to 300.00 depot to depot
Ship at owners risk,they don't insure used games.

How about STI/NAVL?

I hear that they ensure their shipments and also offered Door to Door Service.

#7054 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

How about STI/NAVL?
I hear that they ensure their shipments and also offered Door to Door Service.

They partner up with someone in Canada,guys I listed usually.

#7055 6 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

They partner up with someone in Canada,guys I listed usually.

Anyone have experience with them?

#7056 6 years ago

Every one I've heard of in canada is ship at your own risk. Is it gets damaged or destroyed it's on you.

#7057 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Can anyone suggest a shipping company to use to ship from Calgary to Toronto?

I used Uship with success, to transport from London Ont to Montreal Qc, door to door. Get an email and deal directly with the shipper.

#7058 6 years ago

Just FYI, Vitran offers power lift service to your door. Obviously that's extra.

#7059 6 years ago
Quoted from Plumonium:

I used Uship with success, to transport from London Ont to Montreal Qc, door to door. Get an email and deal directly with the shipper.

Do you happen to have a contact there?

#7060 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Do you happen to have a contact there?

It's like the eBay of shipping.

uship.com

List what you want shipped and people will come to you. I've used it a few times without issues.

#7061 6 years ago
Quoted from blowback1976:

It's like the eBay of shipping.
uship.com
List what you want shipped and people will come to you. I've used it a few times without issues.

What he says. Cost nothing to list what you have to ship.

My personal experience was: A guy who bought a trailer in Ontario was bringing it back to Quebec. He picked up a few items on the way to cover some of his cost. It cost me 200$ cash door to door. As long as the seller can meet with the shipper at a convenient time.

#7062 6 years ago

The most stressful thing was to buy a game sight unseen really.

#7063 6 years ago

Any of you guys waiting for Star Wars pro ? Was just wondering about the timeline for us as I saw a few people in the states are already enjoying their machine.

#7064 6 years ago

I dont think you will see alot on this side of the border. Operators might get some and even some i have spoken to are saying that stern is losing their minds on pricing.

#7065 6 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

I dont think you will see alot on this side of the border. Operators might get some and even some i have spoken to are saying that stern is losing their minds on pricing.

Well here in Alberta,we are still buying them.
I know for sure a few pro's and LE's coming here.
Pro on location to.
Getting to pricey now though,might need to tap out soon.

#7066 6 years ago

I'm in for an LE.

#7067 6 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

I'm in for an LE.

Just one

#7068 6 years ago

I suspect we won't see LE here until mid august at the earliest?

Rob

#7069 6 years ago

Thanks guys, might consider one as soon i see more on the LE/Premium. So far the pro seems fun. I realise that it's crazy for us to buy NIB now. A few years ago I bought a few NIB : tron, met, acdc, avengers sure happy I made a few moves cause these days are long gone. 10 000 canadian for premiums is insane. Shame cause I would love to be able to shake the lineup a bit add or trade if it comes to that but i'm more into recent themes : GOT, TWD, Ghostbusters etc. And these themes since they are no longer affordable don't cross the border no more. Only a few people can follow Sterns or JJP game and usualy they keep them.

#7070 6 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

I'm in for an LE.

Wow..... congrats, Edmonton is like a magical land to me....lately you guys have everything, NIB pins and hundred millions contract hockey player hahahahahaha. McDavid is amazing.....enjoy the LE and post some pictures.

#7071 6 years ago

What pinball addicts and smokers have in common... they are always telling you "this is my last one"

#7072 6 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

Well here in Alberta,we are still buying them.
I know for sure a few pro's and LE's coming here.
Pro on location to.
Getting to pricey now though,might need to tap out soon.

The teason you are still buying them is because they are 8% cheaper than anyehere else in canada. If oil prices stay the same way you can kiss your 5% tax bracket goodbye. Buy them while you can.

#7074 6 years ago

No kidding, if there was ever a LE I thought you would buy it would be Star Wars especially with the life size Darth Vader costume in your house. Going to be an awesome game!!!

Quoted from Apollyon:

I'm in for an LE.

#7075 6 years ago
Quoted from Willathrilla:

Try Mackie. They're the local STI uses to deliver games.

Have you had any experience with Mackie? I just got a quote from Michelle B (STI).

I've also received a few quotes from Uship, but would like to hear from anyone that has used this service.

#7076 6 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

Wow..... congrats, Edmonton is like a magical land to me....lately you guys have everything, NIB pins and hundred millions contract hockey player hahahahahaha. McDavid is amazing.....enjoy the LE and post some pictures.

Pretty happy about the McJesus signing. He is the real deal.

And I am extremely excited about the SW LE on its way. I will post some pictures for sure.

Quoted from pins4life33:

No kidding, if there was ever a LE I thought you would buy it would be Star Wars especially with the life size Darth Vader costume in your house. Going to be an awesome game!!!

You're right. If there EVER was an LE game that was a must buy for me, this was it. I had no choice!

#7077 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I've also received a few quotes from Uship, but would like to hear from anyone that has used this service.

Quoted from Plumonium:

My personal experience was: A guy who bought a trailer in Ontario was bringing it back to Quebec. He picked up a few items on the way to cover some of his cost. It cost me 200$ cash door to door. As long as the seller can meet with the shipper at a convenient time.

#7078 6 years ago

I've got a nice Jurassic Park I'd consider trading for maybe a TAF, or a GOT Pro or consider other newer Sterns or even a B/W game depending on title +/- cash. PM for pics. I value it at $4500.

#7079 6 years ago

TAF Gold for sale Regina Kijiji for a good price. Check it out . Likely a scam

#7080 6 years ago
Quoted from nightsearcher:

TAF Gold for sale Regina Kijiji for a good price. Check it out . Likely a scam

Pics are from an eBay auction that was located in San Jose. Scam.

#7081 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Have you had any experience with Mackie? I just got a quote from Michelle B (STI).

Mackie delivers in Calgary for STI so I imagine you will get a better price from Mackie directly. Same truck.

#7082 6 years ago

No takers on my AFM for $1200??

(It's not my ad)

#7083 6 years ago
Quoted from Cam:

No takers on my AFM for $1200??
(It's not my ad)

Hahaha....saw the ad before going into work tonight. Didn't even bother to inquire.....smells rank and very fishy

#7084 6 years ago

I was either 1st or 2nd to replay. No reply. Guess shouldn't have been an ass in my reply . Oh well !

#7085 6 years ago
Quoted from nightsearcher:

I was either 1st or 2nd to replay. No reply. Guess shouldn't have been an ass in my reply . Oh well !

Sometimes I reply to these just to see what kind of approach they are using to scam people. I guess its probably asking for a deposit up front to "hold the game" for you and then disappearing.

If you say you are in the area and are ready to come by with cash to pick it up, they will typically ignore you.... as far as Ive experienced.

#7086 6 years ago

I don't send money unless someone on Pinside that I can trust can vouch for him. I don't mind a 10 hour drive to pick it up in person either.

#7087 6 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Hahaha....saw the ad before going into work tonight. Didn't even bother to inquire.....smells rank and very fishy

Steer very clear. This ad says Edmonton. An ad was listed on swift current online here about three weeks ago. Different name. Same pics. $1300. He replied back to me. He's in Toronto. ( cause there's no $1300 takers there I guess). Wanting a deposit. Scam. Scam. Scam.

#7088 6 years ago

Just once i want 1 of these adds to be true. But an AFM for $1200 pfft, especially with another pinball in the picture. Nobody can be that stupid

#7089 6 years ago

It's pretty clear as night and day when someone's posting an ad just for lead gen/scamming purposes. Probably accumulating a list to sell to insurance companies saying "these guys pay crazy prices for pinball machines!!" lol.

But it's always good to point these ads out even if they are obviously fake as there's always that one guy out there that falls for it...

#7090 6 years ago

I reply the ad by betting them the cost of the Pin that the machine is either nowhere near where the ad is posted and bet them that it can be shipped very easy

#7091 6 years ago

For the most part, the days of crazy deals are gone. When they are real, the machine is spoken for within minutes of posting.

#7092 6 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

For the most part, the days of crazy deals are gone. When they are real, the machine is spoken for within minutes of posting.

Ain't that the truth. And you have to hope the seller doesn't start listening to higher offers before you get there.

A fellow sask pinsider just scored 3 pins recently for under $500!!! Some people just want their garage space back and don't care what the real value is.

#7093 6 years ago

Hi guys, looking to buy a T2 pinball from BC. I need to ship it to Ottawa. Do you have any recommendation on which shipping company I should use and how much that could cost approx?

Thanks

#7094 6 years ago
Quoted from psychopat:

Hi guys, looking to buy a T2 pinball from BC. I need to ship it to Ottawa. Do you have any recommendation on which shipping company I should use and how much that could cost approx?
Thanks

Try Uship.com

You can also try Mackie.

I'm in the same position with a potential trade in Calgary.

#7095 6 years ago
Quoted from psychopat:

Thanks

That the one in surrey on cl?

#7096 6 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Ain't that the truth. And you have to hope the seller doesn't start listening to higher offers before you get there.
A fellow sask pinsider just scored 3 pins recently for under $500!!! Some people just want their garage space back and don't care what the real value is.

Wow! On the 5 hunj deal.

I work in the road a bit and am trying to pop into old small town bars or something of the like to see if they have any old pins or something in the basement they want to get rid of.

#7097 6 years ago

Looking for a Williams Indiana Jones. This game has been on my radar for quite a while, but its now time to make a more conscious effort.

Are there any of these out there? Not interested in CQ or fully restored, condition can be less than ideal (to a point). My only trade fodder is BTTF + cash. Prefer relatively local.

Send me a PM with what you have.

#7098 6 years ago

What's the deal with the Gladiator in a Edmonton? Reasonable price for a DMD, crappy reviews on them though.

#7099 6 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

What's the deal with the Gladiator in a Edmonton? Reasonable price for a DMD, crappy reviews on them though.

I'm convinced that everyone hates Gottlieb except me. I just don't have the space to buy all the wacky and stupid Gottliebs that interest me. Seriously, have you ever played Bone Busters? It's so stupid, it's great.

#7100 6 years ago

Looking for another machine - anyone here in Canada- Ontario? have a Fish Tales they want to part with?

There are 24,742 posts in this topic. You are on page 142 of 495.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-in-canada-have-any-pins-they-want-to-sell/page/142?hl=pkrobin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.