Anybody in Canada have any pins they want to sell?

Topic is favorited by 180 Pinsiders.

By Spencer

3 years ago

Stats

• Started 3 years ago
  • 6,809 posts
  • 349 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 25 minutes ago by Pauz21

Find posts in this topic

Find posts in this topic match certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Topic Gallery

DumbnDumber (resized).jpg
111111 (resized).jpg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (resized).jpeg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (1) (resized).jpeg
L1000528 (resized).JPG
L1000531 edit (resized).jpg
L1000537 edit (resized).jpg
L1000539 edit (resized).jpg
L1000540 (resized).JPG
L1000542 (resized).JPG

There are 6809 posts in topic. You are on page 136 of 137.
#6751 6 days ago
Quoted from pkrobin:

You were selling some games on here last week. I don't know if they sold but maybe the move is to try and sell them somewhere enroute like Calgary, including delivery, to offset your gas costs.

Well if I do drive to pick it my machine I could easily have a game in tow to Calgary. That said I have an interested party in frontier in Calgary already that would be first in line. My genie is huge. Not sure if I could bring both would have to measure.

If I go it will be next Friday during the morning.

#6752 6 days ago

how much?

Quoted from Tuxedomask23:

Hi everyone,
I've just put up my Batman Forever and Street Fighter II for sale if anyone is interested. Please send me a message if you're interested. Thanks!

#6753 6 days ago

They are both on kijiji calgary ,batman forever is 5500 and street fighter is 3300 .

#6754 6 days ago
Quoted from Lord_of_the_pins:

They are both on kijiji calgary ,batman forever is 5500 and street fighter is 3300 .

Everyone thinks they own gold bars in the form of pinball machine.

#6755 6 days ago

Not sure what these are worth but at exchange rate of 1.36, Batman Forever is 4044 USD and Street Fighter 2426 USD. Just check recent sales on pinside to see how these prices compare.

#6756 6 days ago
Quoted from spinal:

Not sure what these are worth but at exchange rate of 1.36, Batman Forever is 4044 USD and Street Fighter 2426 USD. Just check recent sales on pinside to see how these prices compare.

Estimated value on pinside is $2310-2690 USD.

#6757 6 days ago

Pricing is so tough right now. I can't blame people for asking what they are asking because people are buying. Anything even close to a reasonable price is gone in minutes and people will offer more than asking. It's worse than the housing market out here

#6758 6 days ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I can't blame people for asking what they are

Exactly, while it's all fine and good that some people claim the prices are unreasonable - if someone is willing to pay $1000 more for one of my pins, I wouldn't sell it for less because others think it might be too high.

If the prices are in fact too high, they won't sell, and they'll come down.

#6759 6 days ago
Quoted from robbiedoo:

Exactly, while it's all fine and good that some people claim the prices are unreasonable - if someone is willing to pay $1000 more for one of my pins, I wouldn't sell it for less because others think it might be too high.
If the prices are in fact too high, they won't sell, and they'll come down.

Bingo.

You cant compare them to US prices at all. Totally different situation. Further, didn't Batman Forever just sell for that same amount? I think it was from Sask area?

SF2 on the other hand might be a tough one to move.

#6760 6 days ago

I guess my pricing compass is totaly off. So what is a

TWD Pro (shaker, pinbits plastic protectors)
TF LE (All leds, with cliffys)
LOTR (Palantir Mod, LED)

worth? I'm curious.

#6761 6 days ago

Toronto area pricing . TWD 7500 , TF LE 6,500 , LOTR 7500 , adjust according to condition , just my opinion

#6762 6 days ago
Quoted from luch:

Toronto area pricing . TWD 7500 , TF LE 6,500 , LOTR 7500 , adjust according to condition , just my opinion

That's what I paid for my LoTR with-out Leds. Did have Palantir mod and came with others as well.

I would consider it as nice as they come.

#6763 6 days ago

Out west prices seem higher.

A TWD Pro with a couple mods sold here for $6800 recently.

Hard to gauge the market, especially with the dollar fluctuation and hobbyists trying to outbid each other.

#6764 6 days ago

US pricing does have a direct affect on pricing here in Canada but this relationship is quite complicated. Here are some thoughts:

1. There is a huge advantage in picking up a machine locally, one that you can see and touch before you buy and many will say this is the only way to buy a pin. However, IF can get over the great number of inconveniences of having a pin shipped (misrepresentation of quality of pin, financial risk from payment to stranger, damage risk from shipping, substantial shipping costs, paperwork, long wait time, etc.), THEN local prices in Canada can only be a certain amount higher than US prices and no more. Because at a certain point, you can just order the game from the US, which in my experience is about $1000 CDN for a single pin when all is said and done (shipping, customs broker, GST, payment fees).

2. Time is money. If there is a pin you really want, you could wait 20yrs to have it show up on the local market or it may never show up. Then when it finally shows up someone else buys it immediately. Waiting is not always an option depending on how many machines there are available locally.

3. Local prices can be much higher than US prices if local demand is much higher than local supply. But this is only true up to a certain price point since people will just rather ship it in. The thread you are reading is for pins available for sale in Canada and just count how few pins come up in one month - very few. If a nice pin comes up at a reasonable price it will be gone in hours and this is across all of Canada.

Come to think of it, there are so few pins available to buy that in a thread titled "Anybody in Canada have any pins they want to sell?" mostly what we do is talk about prices (I'm guilty here too ). This is how much local demand exceeds local supply. Therefore we can expect local prices to be quite a bit higher than US prices in some cases.

#6765 6 days ago

When I say approximately $1000 CDN to ship a single pin, I'm referring to a $2000 USD pin say shipped to Alberta. Of course add your local PST rate and also adjust depending on the value of the pin so shipping a pin can be substantially more in the end. Also depends on where in the US it is being shipped from (+- a couple hundred). If you have PST for example, this will affect local prices as well as shipping a pin from the US becomes more expensive and therefore sellers can ask for higher prices before buyers will ship one in.

#6766 5 days ago
Quoted from Spencer:

Bingo.
You cant compare them to US prices at all. Totally different situation. Further, didn't Batman Forever just sell for that same amount? I think it was from Sask area?
SF2 on the other hand might be a tough one to move.

Yeah I guess I should have also put in my ad that I did put PDI glass on both which is why the prices may seem a bit higher. I believe they go for 200-300USD without shipping right now if I'm not mistaken.

In terms of Batman there were some issues with it and had to invest in new parts so now it is running nicely. And I did see that Batman from the Sask area that was sold for around the same amount so I based my pricing off that.

Thanks for all of your input though I appreciate it!

#6767 5 days ago

I have new Roman/PDI glass for sale in Calgary for pickup. $300 cdn all in. Regular only, no wide.

#6768 5 days ago
Quoted from algrande:

I have new Roman/PDI glass for sale in Calgary for pickup. $300 cdn all in. Regular only, no wide.

Gee, let's see, that's only 6x the cost of a nice new sheet of normal tempered glass...

I think I'll pass.

#6769 5 days ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Gee, let's see, that's only 6x the cost of a nice new sheet of normal tempered glass...
I think I'll pass.

Quit being so cheap Ken $300 is a bargain price compared to PDI or Stern

#6770 5 days ago
Quoted from algrande:

Good deal, wish you were in Ontario, I'd take one. Hopefully they trickle over this way eventually.

#6771 5 days ago
Quoted from glauses:

Hey, I have a reputation to maintain...

#6772 5 days ago

Hopefully yall enjoyed it at yegpin - I still have my Fire Escape for sale, I can do 1600 for pinsiders

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-toys-games/edmonton/fs:-mech-tronic-fire-escape-arcade-game-1984-rare/1263073389?src=topAdSearch

#6773 5 days ago
Quoted from glauses:

I'm pretty sure your the cheap one !! Lol

#6774 5 days ago
Quoted from algrande:

I'd get one, but then I would want to put them on all my pins. Then my f'ing cats would jump up on the pins and scratch my expensive glass. Then I would be sad. I think I will stick with regular glass for now.

#6775 5 days ago

That is a nice looking Shadow in Calgary... played the one at YEGPIN and it is a great game too.

#6776 5 days ago

So the shipping saga continues. I now phoned day and Ross today to see if I could get it shipped business to business rather than personal to personal and get some form of insurance coverage as I have a friend in Prince George who could ship from his business to a friend of mine's business here. At that point she tells me that shipping from Prince George to Swift Current through Day and Ross can't be done. I then provided her with two different quotes I was given two weeks ago and asked her to explain to me how those quotes were issued to me which she couldn't explain. Fml. I don't know how any of you guys trust these morons to ship a pin when no one anywhere can seem to tell me if they can ship it and if insurance anywhere in this god forsaken planet will cover it. It's friggin ridiculous. Fm, I'm going to get it. Save about 10 years on my life.

#6777 5 days ago
Quoted from noahd42:

That is a nice looking Shadow in Calgary... played the one at YEGPIN and it is a great game too.

It is - I think its @glauses and I bet you it would a lot smoother than the one at yeg. The upper playfield on the one at YEG was super wonky.

#6778 5 days ago

Pauz21. Why not post your requirements on uship.com, see what you get? Could be nothing, could get lucky. There's room for you to describe all your must haves.

#6779 5 days ago
Quoted from Pauz21:

So the shipping saga continues. I now phoned day and Ross today to see if I could get it shipped business to business rather than personal to personal and get some form of insurance coverage as I have a friend in Prince George who could ship from his business to a friend of mine's business here. At that point she tells me that shipping from Prince George to Swift Current through Day and Ross can't be done. I then provided her with two different quotes I was given two weeks ago and asked her to explain to me how those quotes were issued to me which she couldn't explain. Fml. I don't know how any of you guys trust these morons to ship a pin when no one anywhere can seem to tell me if they can ship it and if insurance anywhere in this god forsaken planet will cover it. It's friggin ridiculous. Fm, I'm going to get it. Save about 10 years on my life.

Did you buy it with a credit card? Will the credit card insurance cover it? Mine covers my purchases.

#6780 5 days ago

Is anybody heading from Calgary to Regina soon? I have a machine to buy and if I can avoid the drive, that'd be great!

Otherwise, I will be heading from Regina to Calgary very early on Saturday and I have room for up to 2 machines there and 1 on the way back, if anybody is looking to move a machine to or from Calgary.

#6781 5 days ago
Quoted from Pauz21:

Roadtrip ! i love driving for a pin !

#6782 5 days ago
Quoted from freezie:

Roadtrip ! i love driving for a pin !

Well, I've got one you're welcome to go pick up for me! haha

#6783 5 days ago

don't forget your roman/pdi glass

Quoted from shaub:

Is anybody heading from Calgary to Regina soon? I have a machine to buy and if I can avoid the drive, that'd be great!
Otherwise, I will be heading from Regina to Calgary very early on Saturday and I have room for up to 2 machines there and 1 on the way back, if anybody is looking to move a machine to or from Calgary.

#6784 5 days ago
Quoted from pkrobin:

Pauz21. Why not post your requirements on uship.com, see what you get? Could be nothing, could get lucky. There's room for you to describe all your must haves.

I tried that for his Frontier which I want to buy...was quoted 580 bucks from sask to ottawa....
may as well buy a seat on a plane for the damn thing!

#6785 5 days ago
Quoted from tominator:

I tried that for his Frontier which I want to buy...was quoted 580 bucks from sask to ottawa....
may as well buy a seat on a plane for the damn thing!

ya, i got a couple different things quoted there. One was pretty reasonable/cheap and the other was high. Just depends on who is going where and when... Good luck and timing.

#6786 4 days ago

Thinking my T3, JM, and Virtual Cab are on the chopping block. Need some cash for ALICE! :)

T3 (Offer pending, but posting just in case it doesn't happen)
- VUK switch is broken part from Pinball Life should be in any second.
- Mint otherwise
- Mirror blades
- All recommended stern fixes
- Red powder coating, powder coating done on the rails as well.
- Known "issues" small 3mm play field wear on right outline.
- Looking for 15k obo. Yes I am kidding.

JM
- Ugh. Where do I start.
- Clear coated play field
- Mirror blades
- Custom alt trans
- RiPi Mod with running JM loop.
- Currently CPU board switch matrix issues.
- Needs a Powerdriver board repair. It's working, but I would fix it.
- All black cab, Ready for decals, but decals not included.
- Black powdercoated rails and legs.
- LED'ed
- XPin XP-WPCHV included but not installed.
- Coin door included needs work.
- This is a project machine that will be a work of art when done.
- Was working two weeks ago. CPU board shorted after being plugged in after a move.

Virtual Cab
- It's a virtual cab no one cares. Let me know if you want pics.

#6787 4 days ago
Quoted from puck:

Thinking my T3, JM, and Virtual Cab are on the chopping block.

Good guy alert, deal with confidence!

Gonna miss that T3. Best of luck with the sales Puck

#6788 4 days ago
Quoted from puck:

Thinking my T3, JM, and Virtual Cab are on the chopping block. Need some cash for ALICE!
T3 (Offer pending, but posting just in case it doesn't happen)
- VUK switch is broken part from Pinball Life should be in any second.
- Mint otherwise
- Mirror blades
- All recommended stern fixes
- Red powder coating, powder coating done on the rails as well.
- Known "issues" small 3mm play field wear on right outline.
- Looking for 15k obo. Yes I am kidding.
JM
- Ugh. Where do I start.
- Clear coated play field
- Mirror blades
- Custom alt trans
- RiPi Mod with running JM loop.
- Currently CPU board switch matrix issues.
- Needs a Powerdriver board repair. It's working, but I would fix it.
- All black cab, Ready for decals, but decals not included.
- Black powdercoated rails and legs.
- LED'ed
- XPin XP-WPCHV included but not installed.
- Coin door included needs work.
- This is a project machine that will be a work of art when done.
- Was working two weeks ago. CPU board shorted after being plugged in after a move.
Virtual Cab

GLWS I loved playing that T3 at Luckys (if I'm not mistaken) and I took it for a spin at YEGPIN too. Underrated game.

#6789 4 days ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Did you buy it with a credit card? Will the credit card insurance cover it? Mine covers my purchases.

Nah. Paid by wire. On top of Ritchie brothers already crazy fees they wanted more fees for credit card payment. At that time I didn't even think about insurance.

#6790 4 days ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Nah. Paid by wire. On top of Ritchie brothers already crazy fees they wanted more fees for credit card payment. At that time I didn't even think about insurance.

#6791 4 days ago

Project Hokus Pokus for sale. No backglass. Top lip of the head broke off. Surprisingly, the playfield is really nice. It flips. And all parts are there but needs rubber, there are a few cracked posts and it needs adjustments and cleaning to get it working 100%. But everything is there.

Got it from a local farmer then decided I'm not really interested in a project right now. Just looking to get what gave him $400. All I've done to it since I got it was clean the playfield and replace the fuse bank which was broken and it had no power. Since then it powers up and flips.

Can't post pics now???? Pm me your email if you want the pics I just took.

#6792 4 days ago
Quoted from puck:

Virtual Cab

That's hilarious. Best ad I've seen in a while. Thanks puck

#6793 4 days ago
Quoted from puck:

Thinking my T3, JM, and Virtual Cab are on the chopping block. Need some cash for ALICE!

JM
-
- All black cab, Ready for decals, but decals not included..

I have a brand new set of them decals if someone is interested...pretty sure I'll never get to restoring my JM!

#6794 4 days ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

That's hilarious. Best ad I've seen in a while. Thanks puck

That's cause you have not seen my virtual pin yet... Right have to finish basement first

#6795 4 days ago
Quoted from puck:

Thinking my T3

One of the nicest T3's I've seen. In very decent shape, plays good. I've had the pleasure and of course it's Terminator!

#6796 3 days ago
Quoted from pkrobin:

Out of curiousity. How does u ship work? If you don't like any of the bid do you have to ship it or can you just walk away from it if you're not happy with it?

#6797 3 days ago

Ya no commitment. I walked away from both my listings.

#6798 3 days ago

If you get u ship, just hope it isn't Jared that shows up...he'll probably drive into the machine. Check out some Shipping Wars episodes. It's somewhat scripted of course, but gives the general idea.

#6799 3 days ago

Na, the flakey guys contact you outside of the uship system so pretty easy to weed them out. If you are lucky you get a reliable/verifiable carrier that simply has room on the truck. If all you get are flakes... Walk away. No loss.

I had both in my experience but one time the bids were higher than calling D&R. The other one, the bids were lower than expected but the game seller was hopeless so we couldn't complete the deal.

#6800 3 days ago

Thanks Smokedog !! Smooth transaction today (as usual) excited to have fresh pinball blood at home !

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 14.95
$ 109.99
€ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
YOYOKOPTER MODS
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 32.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 149.99
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
$ 9.95
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 24.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 63.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Tim's Pinball Mods
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
$ 32.00
$ 24.50
$ 55.00
Lighting - Interactive
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 6809 posts in topic. You are on page 136 of 137.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.