(Topic ID: 76928)

Anybody in Canada have any pins they want to sell?

By Spencer

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 14,650 posts
  • 549 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by JordanB
  • Topic is favorited by 327 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,237 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DumbnDumber (resized).jpg
111111 (resized).jpg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (resized).jpeg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (1) (resized).jpeg
L1000528 (resized).JPG
L1000531 edit (resized).jpg
L1000537 edit (resized).jpg
L1000539 edit (resized).jpg
L1000540 (resized).JPG
L1000542 (resized).JPG
L1000543 (resized).JPG
L1000544 edit (resized).jpg
L1000548 (resized).JPG
L1000549 (resized).JPG
L1000545 (resized).JPG
L1000526 (resized).JPG

There are 14650 posts in this topic. You are on page 135 of 293.
#6701 3 years ago

Hey lads. Trying to figure out some shipping for a game I've purchased in bc. Is there any shipping company that offers insurance on a pin? Can't find anyone who will and just not sure about which way to go.

#6702 3 years ago
Quoted from Pauz21:

Hey lads. Trying to figure out some shipping for a game I've purchased in bc. Is there any shipping company that offers insurance on a pin? Can't find anyone who will and just not sure about which way to go.

Check your home insurance.
Day & Ross,or Sameday for shipping.

#6703 3 years ago
Quoted from Pauz21:

I don't think shippers will insure if it's person to person, only business to business.

Your home insurance should cover the game in transit once you've paid for it. Check with your broker; they would want information such as purchased price, serial number, game title, etc.

#6705 3 years ago

If the pin is a new on and can be replaced with a brand new one then your home insurance should be able to cover it.

The issue with pinball machines comes with games that are older and can't be replaced with brand new. Current home policies will only cover those type of items for "actual cash value" that means they look at the new cost and depreciate based on age and condition.

The value never goes up on ACV basis...it can only go down so if you have a machine that is worth some $$ or collectors quality you will have an issue whether in transit or sitting in your basement.

I am working with a few insurance companies now to come up with a solution to add proper coverage u see a home policy as it does not yet exist.

#6706 3 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

Check your home insurance.
Day & Ross,or Sameday for shipping.

I did check my broker and as I understand it home insurance covers it if something happens to the truck. Ie fire, accident roll over. It does not cover loading and unloading which is when the fork lift will either A) drive a fork threw it or B) pile something on top of it.

#6707 3 years ago

No pins selling, but I have a half dozen sheets of used glass available. Located in Edmonton, $25 each.

#6708 3 years ago

Okay so I'm looking to build an Acrylic Pinball table, could be an EM or maybe something newer? So if anyone has a complete and mostly working table they want to sell let me know. Obviously I'm not concerned with the cabinet condition, so PM me with what you have and how much you want for it.

Thanks,

#6709 3 years ago
Quoted from jesperpark:

Okay so I'm looking to build an Acrylic Pinball table, could be an EM or maybe something newer? So if anyone has a complete and mostly working table they want to sell let me know. Obviously I'm not concerned with the cabinet condition, so PM me with what you have and how much you want for it.
Thanks,

Awesome idea, I love these!

EM would be better, IMHO, because you can actually see the stepper motors and other mechansims working through the cabinet, not much to see in an SS or newer game in comparison.

I hope you post your progress on a thread here, would love to watch it evolve.

(EDIT: Oh yeah, and in a darkened room, sparks! )

#6710 3 years ago

Wanted Looking for a nice Spider-Man or Black Spider-Man or possibly lord of the rings if any one has one . Might have a trade . Thanks

#6711 3 years ago
Quoted from Lord_of_the_pins:

Wanted Looking for a nice Spider-Man or Black Spider-Man or possibly lord of the rings if any one has one . Might have a trade . Thanks

Tmort has a Lord of the Rings and a Lord of the Rings LE. I'd bet you could pry one from his hands. Even though I still want to play one.

#6712 3 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

If the pin is a new on and can be replaced with a brand new one then your home insurance should be able to cover it.
The issue with pinball machines comes with games that are older and can't be replaced with brand new. Current home policies will only cover those type of items for "actual cash value" that means they look at the new cost and depreciate based on age and condition.
The value never goes up on ACV basis...it can only go down so if you have a machine that is worth some $$ or collectors quality you will have an issue whether in transit or sitting in your basement.
I am working with a few insurance companies now to come up with a solution to add proper coverage u see a home policy as it does not yet exist.

The one thing I did with Allstate was have Jay (Richardson Pinball) come in and value my pins and send that info to Allstate. I only have 4 pins but Allstate then confirmed they would all be covered under my regular insurance policy.

Shipping would be another layer though.

#6713 3 years ago
Quoted from TBatti:

The one thing I did with Allstate was have Jay (Richardson Pinball) come in and value my pins and send that info to Allstate. I only have 4 pins but Allstate then confirmed they would all be covered under my regular insurance policy.
Shipping would be another layer though.

Tony, you didn't have to pay for an additional rider on your ins. policy to cover the pins? Like you would an expensive piece of jewelery?

#6714 3 years ago

I asked TD insurance about my pins and they said I would need something similar to expensive jewelry. I ball parked the value of them around 40k and they estimated it would be an additional 2k a year for coverage. WTF - I'm not driving them around the neighborhood.

#6715 3 years ago

Anyone have a bw100 in decent shape?

#6716 3 years ago
Quoted from mittens:

I asked TD insurance about my pins and they said I would need something similar to expensive jewelry. I ball parked the value of them around 40k and they estimated it would be an additional 2k a year for coverage. WTF - I'm not driving them around the neighborhood.

i just had this same conversation last week with my broker and she told me they are covered under contents , no extra rider needed , just to have photo evidence of the VIN and pics showing condition .

#6717 3 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

Ghostbusters sold pending pick-up

damm things move fast here! got stoked and was going to pm after getting caught up.

#6718 3 years ago
Quoted from ls1chris:

i just had this same conversation last week with my broker and she told me they are covered under contents , no extra rider needed , just to have photo evidence of the VIN and pics showing condition .

Oh sure, they are "covered", but they would never pay out anything close to their actual market value (unless you only have relatively new games, with receipts) without the additional appraisal and extra rider fee, IMHO.

Anyone every heard of someone getting re-imbursed something resembling market value for older games that were damaged or lost?

#6719 3 years ago

I asked my broker this year too and was told they are covered under contents. Keep pics and any receipts for nib games. I do worry about how value would be established for an older title especially when condition can affect pricing so much.

#6720 3 years ago

Possessions being covered under your homeowners policy comes down to a few things. Previous hobby was collecting game cut, signed or worn NHL jerseys. Sold some of those to start funding this interest. Anyway it works the same.
1. purchase receipts if you have them
2. pic, pics, and more pics
3. independent appraisal if possible (or a reliable equivalent)
4. video may help with above
5. any add on keep documentation

Make sure your policy has a high enough ceiling to cover the contents you are insuring too. These days with electronics, jewellery, other valuables and the pins, a million is easy to hit.

#6721 3 years ago

Edmonton pinballers, I have standard size glass still. $25 each, 2 for $40. Picked some some Roman glass at Yegpin so don't need this anymore. It is used, but very good shape. Trying to clean up the garage a bit.

#6722 3 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

These days with electronics, jewellery, other valuables and the pins, a million is easy to hit.

Not me man, i promised the wife i'd keep the faberge egg and pin collection under 500k.

#6723 3 years ago

I'm talking contents total. Figure your appliances, electronics, tools, clothes, housewares, furniture, basically everything. When you go for a replacement value policy, what I'm getting at is that it will add up fast. You're better to have the mil coverage so you can replace in event of disaster, like fire. Anyway I think we kind of derailed from sales in the land of the 2/3 dollar. Any looking or selling out there?

#6724 3 years ago
Quoted from pkrobin:

Not me man, i promised the wife i'd keep the faberge egg and pin collection under 500k.

I thought your gold teeth would be worth at least twice that , your grills !

#6725 3 years ago

They are not covered to market value guys. I am working on a program because it does not exist.

There is no exclusion under contents for pinball machines. The problem is the replacement cost clause. It makes the value predictable and requires depreciation to be applied. Does NOT take into consideration collector value.

I hope to have an answer for this soon. I am working on a custom rider to be added to any home policy. It's gonna take a little time though.

TD sucks.... in my opinion there is a chance they will pay very little . Likely they are the worst out there.

Again games you can buy new are not the issue... they will buy them new again for you. That goes for any policy with contents on replacement cost. Although TD may have a policy without replacement cost on anything but I am not sure.

#6726 3 years ago
Quoted from ls1chris:

damm things move fast here! got stoked and was going to pm after getting caught up.

Ghostbusters premium for sale 9600.00 tons of mods.
Misfitdart on here for details.

#6727 3 years ago

A close friend has asked me to find out if anyone would be interested in his games. He's looking to sell all. He doesn't post on pinside, so asked me to reach out.

No pics or details yet, but I will get soon.

Games:

Phantom of the Opera
No Fear
Road Show
Ripley's Believe it or not
Indiana Jones (Williams)

Shoot me a pm if you'd like, and I can get you in contact if you're interested.

#6728 3 years ago

Swimming in PM's, will be responding in order throughout the day.

Sorry for any delay.

#6729 3 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Swimming in PM's, will be responding in order throughout the day.
Sorry for any delay.

I was first

#6730 3 years ago

Maybe a close second ! Lol

#6731 3 years ago
Quoted from Lord_of_the_pins:

Maybe a close second ! Lol

You have to many already

#6732 3 years ago
Quoted from ls1chris:

I did also, they said the same thing, covered as long as have proof.

#6733 3 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

Ghostbusters premium for sale 9600.00 tons of mods.
Misfitdart on here for details.

Trade for Hobbit SE straight across? Ive lost his number, PM it to me as I would like to make a deal.

#6734 3 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

Trade for Hobbit SE straight across? Ive lost his number, PM it to me as I would like to make a deal.

Sorry,it's sold.

#6735 3 years ago

Is it just me, or are certain people just fishing for details on kijiji ads? Like if a game is sold, who is selling it etc? I have people asking if my game is sold or when they can come see it. I reply and then I never hear back.

Rob

#6736 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I have people asking if my game is sold

I cant speak for others but I asked if it has sold and have been thinking about how much I'd be willing to pay and whether I can find a Shadow or not.

#6737 3 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Tony, you didn't have to pay for an additional rider on your ins. policy to cover the pins? Like you would an expensive piece of jewelery?

No I didn't have to pay for any extra premiums just Jay's time for a formal appraisal sent directly from Jay to Allstate and they are covered under regular home insurance.

#6738 3 years ago
Quoted from TBatti:

No I didn't have to pay for any extra premiums just Jay's time for a formal appraisal sent directly from Jay to Allstate and they are covered under regular home insurance.

That's good to hear. I guess there is no other way than an appraisal if you've held your collection for more than a year or two, or 15+, like me . Mind if I ask how much the appraisal cost you?

#6739 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

I cant speak for others but I asked if it has sold and have been thinking about how much I'd be willing to pay and whether I can find a Shadow or not.

I sold my Shadow probably 5 years ago to Luke for $2500 I think. It would probably cost twice that to replace it now. I used to think if I'm going to spend $5k on a used game, I might as well buy NIB since it's almost the same price. But, now a Stern NIB Pro is over $8k delivered.....

Rob

#6740 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I sold my Shadow probably 5 years ago to Luke for $2500 I think. It would probably cost twice that to replace it now. I used to think if I'm going to spend $5k on a used game, I might as well buy NIB since it's almost the same price. But, now a Stern NIB Pro is over $8k delivered.....
Rob

Maybe we're all victims of INFLATION and just didn't realize?? I think everyone agrees that people aren't being unreasonable with high asking prices anymore...within reason. It seems to be the way things have gone lately...in the Western Provinces anyway.

#6741 3 years ago
Quoted from earflaps:

Maybe we're all victims of INFLATION and just didn't realize?? I think everyone agrees that people aren't being unreasonable with high asking prices anymore...within reason. It seems to be the way things have gone lately...in the Western Provinces anyway.

Not just the west.

Pinflation is a Canada wide issue.

#6742 3 years ago

So jumpin back to the shipping conversation again. I just don't think I can risk it. Losing everything on this machine would basically knock me out of the hobby. I don't have funds to risk an uncovered loss. And my wife doesn't give me the free reign to spend our money on the hobby so a total on their would cost me basically every pin I had to recoup the funds. My question. If I go pick up would cost a fortune in gas for my truck. My wife's vehicle would be a tight squeeze. Anyone transport a game on its side to fit it in a vehicle? Any issues? I think that would be neccessary in my wife's vehicle.

#6743 3 years ago
Quoted from Pauz21:

So jumpin back to the shipping conversation again. I just don't think I can risk it. Losing everything on this machine would basically knock me out of the hobby. I don't have funds to risk an uncovered loss. And my wife doesn't give me the free reign to spend our money on the hobby so a total on their would cost me basically every pin I had to recoup the funds. My question. If I go pick up would cost a fortune in gas for my truck. My wife's vehicle would be a tight squeeze. Anyone transport a game on its side to fit it in a vehicle? Any issues? I think that would be neccessary in my wife's vehicle.

Sounds to me like this game might be more bother than it's worth. Sometimes you have to read which way the wind is blowing on a deal...

#6745 3 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Sounds to me like this game might be more bother than it's worth. Sometimes you have to read which way the wind is blowing on a deal...

I'm passed that point. Got it in an auction and a friend has picked it up for me. Now I gotta go get it.

#6746 3 years ago
Quoted from Pauz21:

I'm passed that point. Got it in an auction and a friend has picked it up for me. Now I gotta go get it.

You were selling some games on here last week. I don't know if they sold but maybe the move is to try and sell them somewhere enroute like Calgary, including delivery, to offset your gas costs.

#6747 3 years ago

Yes, feel free to drop off Frontier in my garage on the way there

Quoted from pkrobin:

You were selling some games on here last week. I don't know if they sold but maybe the move is to try and sell them somewhere enroute like Calgary, including delivery, to offset your gas costs.

#6748 3 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Pinflation is a Canada wide issue

That comes at us from all sides.

1. our crap dollar
2. as more people enter the hobby demand, prices increase
3. higher prices on NIB from the producer
4. distro monopoly in Canada

I've seen worse examples of some tables I have selling for $2000 + more than what I paid originally for the one I have. As long as people keep paying it the prices will keep going up though. Scanning the threads it's not just us though, the gang in Australia and NZ are getting pummeled too.

#6749 3 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

That comes at us from all sides.
1. our crap dollar
2. as more people enter the hobby demand, prices increase
3. higher prices on NIB from the producer
4. distro monopoly in Canada
I've seen worse examples of some tables I have selling for $2000 + more than what I paid originally for the one I have. As long as people keep paying it the prices will keep going up though. Scanning the threads it's not just us though, the gang in Australia and NZ are getting pummeled too.

I told myself i wasnt gonna be part of the madness. So far so good.

#6750 3 years ago

Hi everyone,
I've just put up my Batman Forever and Street Fighter II for sale if anyone is interested. Please send me a message if you're interested. Thanks!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sorcerer's Crypt Out of stock
UpKick Pinball
$ 14.95
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 495.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery
$ 139.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Bent Mods
$ 239.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
$ 5,899.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Ramp-O-Matic
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
$ 32.00
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Great American Pinball
$ 5,899.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 4,199.00
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet Parts
PinBoltCaps
$ 254.99
$ 19.99
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
There are 14650 posts in this topic. You are on page 135 of 293.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside