(Topic ID: 76928)

Anybody in Canada have any pins they want to sell?

By Spencer

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DumbnDumber (resized).jpg
111111 (resized).jpg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (resized).jpeg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (1) (resized).jpeg
L1000528 (resized).JPG
L1000531 edit (resized).jpg
L1000537 edit (resized).jpg
L1000539 edit (resized).jpg
L1000540 (resized).JPG
L1000542 (resized).JPG
L1000543 (resized).JPG
L1000544 edit (resized).jpg
L1000548 (resized).JPG
L1000549 (resized).JPG
L1000545 (resized).JPG
L1000526 (resized).JPG
There are 24,843 posts in this topic. You are on page 126 of 497.
#6251 7 years ago

Any of you Calgary folks have anything you'd be willing to sell? A buddy of mine is heading that way in a few days and he offered to pick up a machine if i could find one.

#6252 7 years ago
Quoted from luch:

lotr 8 -8.5 k

Hmmm, I'll sell mine for 8.5K. It's HUO with clear Flipper Button protectors.

#6253 7 years ago

Yea our dollar sucks hard, really nice lotr are going for at or just under 6kusd which is 8kcan

ST there have been quite a few up lately, I would think stock HUO would be about 6250ish

#6254 7 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Yea our dollar sucks hard, really nice lotr are going for at or just under 6kusd which is 8kcan
ST there have been quite a few up lately, I would think stock HUO would be about 6250ish

thanks for your response.
yeah, that's about what i was thinking for a stock one.
i have about 1k of mods in it.

i was thinking with all the mods around 6600.

#6255 7 years ago

Thanks for the feedback on value of HUO LOTR. Really appreciate it.

Prices are absolutely insane and our dollar taking a dive isn't helping the Canadian collector.

#6256 7 years ago
Quoted from TwilightZone:

Prices are absolutely insane and our dollar taking a dive isn't helping the Canadian collector.

Yeah it's rough, and some people are predicting 70 cents to the US dollar by the end of the year. Let's see if a NAFTA shakeup happens, too...

#6257 7 years ago

What's a HUO LOTR worth in today's insane market? The game is absolutely mint, has been well cared for, and plays like a boss. It has has cabinet protectors so no wear on the cabinet. Literally looks brand new.

Nice, stock HUO I would say around $5500-5600USD, so 7500 CDN or so? That's just from viewing current LOTR ads and recent market history. A lot will depend on demand in the area though, that could swing a few hundred in one direction or the other. I keep debating putting mine up for sale, then I play it, and decide not to. Such a fun game even though it can get long.

#6258 7 years ago

I am Looking for a 720 Skate or Die arcade game if you have one for sale please contact me.
Thanks
Paul

#6259 7 years ago

If an HUO LOTR in good shape is $8-8.5K CAD then what's a routed LOTR with cab and shire wear worth? $7 - 7.5KCAD?

#6260 7 years ago
Quoted from Hawk007:

Hey dzoomer beauty of a game. Great acquisition! If you ever decide to sell please let me know. I have a collector quality jackbot I would trade or there is always cash. Love that machine. It would go great with our family guy and tspp. Cheers and enjoy that sweet game! I am jealous.

Thx Hawk007 for all that! Down the road I'll for sure try to remember to reach out to you as a fellow FS enthusiast on any move with it.

What's a HUO LOTR worth in today's insane market?

I'm closer to an LOTR price range estimate like Paul_8788. I have a friend who's been watching LOTR prices for a while. Good condition LOTR (typical HUO or not routed significantly) tend to sell around $6700 CAD (~$5k to $5200 US). A few super minty low play LOTR's have gone for $6k+ US (near $8k CAD and over). That said most LOTR examples (in very good condition) sell in the $6500 to $7k range. (A lot of the higher price LOTR ads on Pinside do not sell)

#6261 7 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Nice, stock HUO I would say around $5500-5600USD, so 7500 CDN or so?

Most games for sale in Canada factor in the taxes that you would have to pay to import as well. While 5600 USD is about 7500 CAD... it's more like 8500 after the extra 13%.

I don't like it, but that's the way it's been since the dollar tanked.

#6262 7 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

Most games for sale in Canada factor in the taxes that you would have to pay to import as well. While 5600 USD is about 7500 CAD... it's more like 8500 after the extra 13%.
I don't like it, but that's the way it's been since the dollar tanked.

Really? I get that it is unavoidable if buying from a retailer, but local pinheads buying/selling that way? One of the big benefits of buying locally is not having to pay shipping and tax, someone starts adding that on to their price and I will just bring it up from the States.

#6263 7 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Really? I get that it is unavoidable if buying from a retailer, but local pinheads buying/selling that way? One of the big benefits of buying locally is not having to pay shipping and tax, someone starts adding that on to their price and I will just bring it up from the States.

Thats because you alberta folks have been pampered with a 5% provincial tax while the rest of the country as moved into double digit taxing. No worries your time will come. Im sure you wouldnt be singing the same tune if you would lose an extra 8% because of taxes. Do the math.....its scary. Going to the states also factor, fuel, time, food etc.. Just taxes alone on a 4300US pin in ontario will add $754 in tax plus exchange rate fees. Where as you guys pay about $290.

#6264 7 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Thats because you alberta folks have been pampered with a 5% provincial tax while the rest of the country as moved into double digit taxing. No worries your time will come. Im sure you wouldnt be singing the same tune if you would lose an extra 8% because of taxes. Do the math.....its scary. Going to the states also factor, fuel, time, food etc.. Just taxes alone on a 4300US pin in ontario will add $754 in tax plus exchange rate fees. Where as you guys pay about $290.

lol, maybe. I will cross that bridge if/when Alberta introduces a PST. People can price their pins for whatever they want and justify it however they want. My point is, if someone is pricing their pin at or above US prices already, and then they decide to add the tax on top of it, then buying locally becomes less attractive and I would probably just buy one from the States, and definitely avoid bringing one in from Eastern Canada.

#6265 7 years ago

There is something to be said for being able to see the game in advance. Not to mention all the scammers out there. If its a rare game you really want then you get it where you need to get it. If its some Metallica or whatever, there's enough in town (or reasonable travel distance); just might need to wait a bit. Or pay $8995 Lol.

#6266 7 years ago

It seems to depend on a lot of things but as you know I have been looking for TSPP and STTNG and although there are no "for sale" ads, many of my offers in the 7k range have been declined as being "too low" and sometimes the asking price is already high 7's.

If a local collector wants to sell me an older Top 20 pin at pinside marketplace + FX and taxes I would be in for that... but frankly that hasn't been my experience.

However, I do recognize that a seller being motivated has something to do with it.. but the best success I have had searching for Top 20 pins is asking first and not waiting for something to come up. Maybe I need more patience... lol.

#6267 7 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Yup. I agree with you. All 3 of my latest acquisitions are from the US.

#6268 7 years ago

Anybody gone to check out the RFM on kijiji in Montreal. Price is right. Pics aren't great.

#6269 7 years ago

Thinking of putting my Star Trek pro on the chopping block as a trade. Looking for something different. Game as shaker motor, cliffys, ramp protectors, vengeance mod, pinbits plastic protectors, clear flipper protectors and undercab lighting. Pics on cdn forums. Game was a floor model when I purchased it with 146 plays. Haven't looked how many plays I have now but game is in perfect condition. I'm not exactly sold on anything but these would make the list...
Road Show
Pirates of the Caribbean
X-men Pro

I wish you were closer! Star trek is a fun game and I have a nice road show I am thinking of parting with. Oh well...

#6270 7 years ago
Quoted from redundor:

I wish you were closer! Star trek is a fun game and I have a nice road show I am thinking of parting with. Oh well...

You could always drive down LOL

#6271 7 years ago

You could always drive down LOL

Meet half way!

#6272 7 years ago
Quoted from redundor:

Meet half way!

I like the cut of your jib

#6274 7 years ago

Not sure if it's legit but there's a good looking AF in Ottawa for $4500...$5000 with the colour DMD. As usual, sucks to live in the West...pretty quiet over here.

#6275 7 years ago
Quoted from earflaps:

Not sure if it's legit but there's a good looking AF in Ottawa for $4500...$5000 with the colour DMD. As usual, sucks to live in the West...pretty quiet over here.

I think it's a scam

#6276 7 years ago

Yeah, you can probably tell when they don't want cash, prefer a wire transfer and want to ship, not local pickup, lol

#6277 7 years ago

There's a Haunted House in Edmonton on kijiji if anyone is interested. Price keeps dropping, pretty sure it was at $4600 last week, $3600 earlier this week now it is $3250.00.

#6278 7 years ago

Still have my 2007 dale JR LE. $4000 CAD about the same as what nascars go for.

#6279 7 years ago
Quoted from noahd42:

There's a Haunted House in Edmonton on kijiji if anyone is interested. Price keeps dropping, pretty sure it was at $4600 last week, $3600 earlier this week now it is $3250.00.

It needs to keep dropping before it's not laughable. He typically prices all his games high.

#6280 7 years ago

Yeah, I've been watching that haunted house, fairly steep for an old '82 Gottlieb. I am coming through Edmonton in April for my boys hockey tourney in Jasper and been keeping my eye on Edmonton area for sale.

#6281 7 years ago

TAf on kijiji Ottawa for $4500 w/o color dmd

#6282 7 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

TAf on kijiji Ottawa for $4500 w/o color dmd

No reply but if its real then someone will get a deal.

#6283 7 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Yeah, I've been watching that haunted house, fairly steep for an old '82 Gottlieb. I am coming through Edmonton in April for my boys hockey tourney in Jasper and been keeping my eye on Edmonton area for sale.

Be forewarned the guy is a "curber" he is always selling arcades and pinballs. Not sure where he gets them, but gives them a cleaning and calls them "shopped". Now they could be fine but it's not like you are buying a machine from a guy here. Just in it to flip them

#6284 7 years ago

I have a reliable source telling me the same guy asking 9k for MET in Edmonton will be selling his IJ for 10k

#6285 7 years ago
Quoted from jesperpark:

Be forewarned the guy is a "curber" he is always selling arcades and pinballs. Not sure where he gets them, but gives them a cleaning and calls them "shopped". Now they could be fine but it's not like you are buying a machine from a guy here. Just in it to flip them

Thanks, I wouldn't drop that coin right now on an early SS anyway. I am really wanting to find anything decent from '89 - '95 for a project again. I am still learning how to do a shop job/repairs and replacements, i'd love an early DMD to go through again as I only have done 1 early SS and 2 DMD's.

#6286 7 years ago

If anyone was looking for a trade. I am rolling through Edmonton on probably April 12 and coming back through from Jasper on Monday the 16th. I would be willing to toss my 1980 Stern Flight 2000 widebody in if there was something available to trade to with cash on top. I have lots and lots of details on what I have done to it, but would pass that info on if there was somebody sniffing around.

#6287 7 years ago
Quoted from jesperpark:

He is a straight up liar and a thief. Ripped me off on my first pin and wasted my time a second time. Never again, people like him ruin this hobby for people. Especially, Noobs who dont know any better.

#6288 7 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

He is a straight up liar and a thief. Ripped me off on my first pin and wasted my time a second time. Never again, people like him ruin this hobby for people. Especially, Noobs who dont know any better.

I almost bought that lw3 off him a couple years back before you warned me against it. Nighthawk volunteered to go check it out for me. I believe the black spray paint was still drying on the rails when he showded up. Lol

#6289 7 years ago

Funny, I never dealt with this fellow but I got a really "sketchy" vibe from his Kijiji ads. I have gotten into the habit of checking for his postal code before I get too excited about a machine...

#6290 7 years ago

Hi, I just put my nice condition Laser War on Kijiji tonight

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-hobbies-craft/smithers/data-east-laser-war-pinball-machine/1249116868?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Let me know if interested, thanks.

#6292 7 years ago

Trying to shake a newer Stern loose, anybody want to let one go?? Ive played Aerosmith and liked it but I can't live with the theme. Id also be interested in SM, POTC, LOTR.

Not interested in music themes.

Send me a PM

#6293 7 years ago

I am thinking of selling one of either POTC or IJ4.

Both are in excellent condition. Both were bought from others so I cannot verify if they are HUO. I believe however that POTC is HUO. IJ4 may have been routed, but it is in really great shape. Tasteful mods for both games.

If people are interested, you can PM me and I am happy to provide more info and or pictures. However, please don't bother if you are a tire-kicker or lowballer.

#6294 7 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

Trying to shake a newer Stern loose, anybody want to let one go?? Ive played Aerosmith and liked it but I can't live with the theme. I also be interested in SM, POTC, LOTR.
Not interested in music themes.
Send me a PM

I'm in the same boat... thinking Rollercoaster Tycoon, T3 or X-Men could be ideal for me but no luck yet. I'm also not in a rush either. I believe there was a Big Buck Hunter in Saskatoon for 5k too.

#6295 7 years ago

I've been toying with the idea of letting my Big Buck Hunter go. It was previously on location at Loco Lous in Calgary, and was maintained by Jay Richardson while it was there. I have LED'd and changed the rubbers out since i picked it up in September last year, also has shaker motor. Kids play it and love it a lot, so they'd be sad to see it go, but i feel like I might want something else. I do love the multi balls in that game, they are so fun! Don't really have any particular game I'm interested in for a trade right now, but if something interesting came along, I might consider it.

Added over 7 years ago: Big Buck Hunter pro pinball has sold!

#6296 7 years ago

That's pretty cool. Wish I had the space, I would give it a shot. I would be surprised if they're not active on pinside, seems like a rare/odd choice machine for a random just to pick up.

#6297 7 years ago

I have a nice shopped out Pinball Magic for sale $5K CAD
pics:
https://goo.gl/photos/jR7HSZpvx36xaqak7
Thanks!
nick

#6298 7 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

That's pretty cool. Wish I had the space, I would give it a shot. I would be surprised if they're not active on pinside, seems like a rare/odd choice machine for a random just to pick up.

It's been listed a few times over past 6 to 8 months.

Does anyone know if this is the same amh that will be a yegpin this year?

#6299 7 years ago

Sale of POTC is pending.

#6300 7 years ago

Looking for what's available in Ottawa. Anything great available? Looking also for a 50's bowling game too.

There are 24,843 posts in this topic. You are on page 126 of 497.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-in-canada-have-any-pins-they-want-to-sell/page/126?hl=tungsten78 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.