(Topic ID: 76928)

Anybody in Canada have any pins they want to sell?

By Spencer

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,772 posts
  • 703 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 hours ago by KnockerPTSD
  • Topic is favorited by 432 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DumbnDumber (resized).jpg
111111 (resized).jpg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (resized).jpeg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (1) (resized).jpeg
L1000528 (resized).JPG
L1000531 edit (resized).jpg
L1000537 edit (resized).jpg
L1000539 edit (resized).jpg
L1000540 (resized).JPG
L1000542 (resized).JPG
L1000543 (resized).JPG
L1000544 edit (resized).jpg
L1000548 (resized).JPG
L1000549 (resized).JPG
L1000545 (resized).JPG
L1000526 (resized).JPG
There are 24,772 posts in this topic. You are on page 114 of 496.
#5651 7 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Does anyone know the history/seller of the Kiss in St. Albert?
Thanks

Never mind. I see he's a dbag. Who agrees/negotiates a price then jacks the price a grand?

#5652 7 years ago

Still looking for a Harlem globetrotters

#5653 7 years ago
Quoted from wolv3:

Landyatz arcade had one. Maybe call and see if they would be willing to sell.

#5654 7 years ago
Quoted from puck:

Landyatz arcade had one. Maybe call and see if they would be willing to sell.

Thanks for the lead!

#5655 7 years ago
Quoted from wolv3:

Thanks for the lead!

We never had that game. I run the Landyachtz arcade

#5656 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballkyle:

We never had that game. I run the Landyachtz arcade

Then I must of had more fun the I thought at the flip out after party Was there a basketball game of any sort there or am I just making things up.

#5657 7 years ago

fastbreak. really fun game

#5658 7 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Many people have already played and owned a lot of the older titles, so their interest in moving those machines is only for machines they really want. I would say the reason people won't part with their old machines is because they will never, ever, get back what they put into them unless they bought in 2001. I think is becoming a bigger and bigger trend, so there are less people willing to move or trade those old machines. The new ones are just a lot easier to move without hurting the wallet, and getting to try something new.
I can say without a doubt that as far as depth of gameplay and replay value goes, the new machines absolutely crush the old machines, so it's not really about them not stacking up against old B/W titles. The old machines have a bit more flavour to them, with more creative designs, themes and toys, so they win out there. It really depends what a person wants out of their games. Some people like EM's, some like Gottlieb's, some like Sys11, etc. Everyone has a preference and there is no "X is better than Y" that covers everyone.

That's just not true. When I sell my B/W I will always get my money back and Ive only been in the hobby for 3 years. The only game I've ever "lost" money on is Transformers LE, what a turd, couldn't wait to move that one. The reason I don't want to part with mine is because I fear I will never be able to buy those titles again. ( They rarely come up )

#5659 7 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

That's just not true. When I sell my B/W I will always get my money back and Ive only been in the hobby for 3 years. The only game I've ever "lost" money on is Transformers LE, what a turd, couldn't wait to move that one. The reason I don't want to part with mine is because I fear I will never be able to buy those titles again. ( They rarely come up )

Fair enough, I was just taking a guess. Looks like my other guess (that we're all machine hoarders, lol) was closer to the mark. Regardless of the reason, it seems people want to hang on to the older games, but I stand by my statement that it's not because "they are better games", there are all kinds of games that are good, new and old.

#5660 7 years ago

IME, older games are a harder sell but the market for them is more consistent. Win win for both sides. Makes sense since the older games have been out for 20+ years. I own both old and new. Enjoy them both but now leaning notably to newer games for adding to my collection.

Frankly, we need more new games posted for sale here. They'll be sought after for sure (just look at the history).

#5661 7 years ago

Still looking for a game: batman tdk, met pro or got pro - now adding an avengers hulk to the list of wants

#5662 7 years ago
Quoted from wolv3:

I've been collecting pins since 1998, and now have a decent collection of well liked games. I also have a good friend who refuses to come over to play pinball until I get a Globetrotters pin in the stable lol!

#5663 7 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Still looking for a game: batman tdk, met pro or got pro - now adding an avengers hulk to the list of wants

Great choice on the Hulk! It's easily one of my favourite games and grossly underrated. Time must be taken to get this game properly dialled in, but once you do, it's awesome.

#5664 7 years ago
Quoted from shock_me:

Great choice on the Hulk! It's easily one of my favourite games and grossly underrated. Time must be taken to get this game properly dialled in, but once you do, it's awesome.

That's what I was saying to him behind the scenes

#5665 7 years ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

No kidding pretty impressive collection, lol...

Best collection Ive ever seen and not just the pinballs, plus a great guy as well.

#5666 7 years ago

Hey guys heading to Victoria BC, in February for a wife and I get away.... might be able to sneak in a couple hours of pinball while she goes shopping.... I checked the pin map here and found no places to play... anyone know of any places

#5667 7 years ago

Wcsbrandes has some at his spa i thunk. I shit you not lol. Wife can relax in the spa and you can play pinball

#5668 7 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Wcsbrandes has some at his spa i thunk. I shit you not lol. Wife can relax in the spa and you can play pinball

Oh man that I actually a great idea... my wife would totally be up for that ..... thanks for the tip..... any pubs you know of?!

#5669 7 years ago

Or do they serve beer at the spa?!? Lol....

#5670 7 years ago
Quoted from toasterman04:

Hey guys heading to Victoria BC, in February for a wife and I get away.... might be able to sneak in a couple hours of pinball while she goes shopping.... I checked the pin map here and found no places to play... anyone know of any places

When I was out there this summer there was a gourmet hot dog type place on the corner across the street from the Empress Hotel downtown. They had a Medieval Madness and one other game that I forget.

Might be worth checking out if your in the neighborhood.

#5671 7 years ago

I'm headin there tomorrow, I normally stop at the Hot dog place.
Last time they had MM and The Sopranos, but MM was busted. Saw Avatar there one time as well.

Great location right down by the harbour.

#5672 7 years ago

Awesome .. thanks for the info... do you happen to remember the name of the hot dog place.... I'm getting Hungry just thinking about to

#5673 7 years ago

Barcadium Amusements up island!

#5674 7 years ago
Quoted from toasterman04:

Awesome .. thanks for the info... do you happen to remember the name of the hot dog place.... I'm getting Hungry just thinking about to

Dog Gone It (checked Google Maps)

https://goo.gl/maps/1FKzbHHvuqQ2

#5675 7 years ago

Transformers and Sopranos

Never played Transformers before but it was pretty fast and fun! I believe everything was working - got high score #2.

Only got a quick game on Sopranos.
It was basically set to free-play:

https://s28.postimg.org/o1zyr6zfx/IMG_7566.jpg

Kind of ironic, actually hah

#5676 7 years ago

Metallica pro on kijiji calgary..$6700 obo

#5677 7 years ago

Should be able to buy a new Metallica in Calgary for $7,500 gst in, So not that much of a break. Wonder what obo price will bring?

#5678 7 years ago

Yea I thought that was a bit pricey for early run with no mods.

#5679 7 years ago

Shout out to Nighthawk128 for a easy transaction and for even carrying the game up a flight of stairs for me! Wish I had more time to play and talk pins with you guys.

#5680 7 years ago

Anyone have any interest in a trade for a nice Wheel of Fortune? All LED, playfield is very nice with no wear spots that I can find. A couple minor scratches on the cabinet.
Just seeing if there's any interest. Looking to change the line up. Only have room for 2 machines so only looking to trade. Interested in pretty much anything that's 'family friendly'. My kids like to play. Lol. Let me know what you have if you're interested and we'll see if we can make something work.

#5681 7 years ago

Hey thanks a lot guys for all the help with finding pins on the island.... can't wait.

#5682 7 years ago

Yea if it was a few months old sure - but 3/4 years old, plus those early mets had alot of playfield issues you have to watch out for.

#5683 7 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Yea if it was a few months old sure - but 3/4 years old, plus those early mets had alot of playfield issues you have to watch out for.

Early Metallica's didn't have any issues,later versions did with the clear coat chipping,inserts ghosting.
Only code issues at the beginning,as well as coffin lock code issues.

#5684 7 years ago

Have any of the Calgary guys seen lord's Metallica in person? Verify condition?

#5685 7 years ago

looking to add an Terminator 2 or 3 or Attack from Mars to my collection if you have one you are willing to part with let me know willing to buy or trades are a possible as well PM me maybe we can work out a deal.

#5686 7 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Yes,it's nice.

#5687 7 years ago

AFMr....the next remake according to Rick

http://www.planetarypinball.com/forum/index.php?topic=615.msg7038#new

Quoted from glauses:

looking to add an Terminator 2 or 3 or Attack from Mars to my collection if you have one you are willing to part with let me know willing to buy or trades are a possible as well PM me maybe we can work out a deal.

#5688 7 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Have played some games on it and it plays better than probably any other Metallica Pro I've played,pretty minty.

#5689 7 years ago
Quoted from glauses:

Someone should get him AFM so he can sell his RFM, lol

#5690 7 years ago

Anyone have a colour DMD. I'm looking to get one for STTNG. PM me.

#5691 7 years ago
Quoted from TBatti:

Anyone have a colour DMD. I'm looking to get one for STTNG. PM me.

Ask Scott G,we are doing a group buy at least 10.

#5692 7 years ago

Still looking for a MET premium. Looking at trade or purchase.

#5693 7 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

Ask Scott G,we are doing a group buy at least 10.

What kind of discount or price each if you buy 10?

#5694 7 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

What kind of discount or price each if you buy 10?

I've read many times....that ColorDMD does not offer any discounts on group buys....maybe free shipping, but that's about it.

#5695 7 years ago

We should retitle this thread to Anybody in "Western" Canada have anything to sell

#5696 7 years ago

what was that line from the Alberta Premier "let those Eastern Bastards freeze in the dark " lol . good old Raphie Klein , the best drunk mayor ever , the original Robbie Ford . lol

#5697 7 years ago

Ha ha ha....good one Luch.

#5698 7 years ago
Quoted from luch:

what was that line from the Alberta Premier "let those Eastern Bastards freeze in the dark " lol . good old Raphie Klein , the best drunk mayor ever , the original Robbie Ford . lol

Trigger alert!!

A long time ago in a galaxy far far away I used to work in the building across from Premier Ralph's Calgary office. He used to use the fitness club in our building. One day, I had the extreme misfortune of being in the shower room at the same time as him. Let me just say that there are some things that you can't unsee!!

#5699 7 years ago
Quoted from luch:

"put them on a bus and ship them back east with the rest of the creeps and bums" was a comment that got ralphie in a lot of trouble lol

There are 24,772 posts in this topic. You are on page 114 of 496.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-in-canada-have-any-pins-they-want-to-sell/page/114 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.