(Topic ID: 76928)

Anybody in Canada have any pins they want to sell?

By Spencer

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,776 posts
  • 703 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 38 minutes ago by Saltimbanco
  • Topic is favorited by 432 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DumbnDumber (resized).jpg
111111 (resized).jpg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (resized).jpeg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (1) (resized).jpeg
L1000528 (resized).JPG
L1000531 edit (resized).jpg
L1000537 edit (resized).jpg
L1000539 edit (resized).jpg
L1000540 (resized).JPG
L1000542 (resized).JPG
L1000543 (resized).JPG
L1000544 edit (resized).jpg
L1000548 (resized).JPG
L1000549 (resized).JPG
L1000545 (resized).JPG
L1000526 (resized).JPG
There are 24,776 posts in this topic. You are on page 109 of 496.
#5401 7 years ago
Quoted from puck:

Also, GST, and get pictures before making the trip.

In the light as well

#5402 7 years ago

Looking to get my first pin. Interested in finding:
- AC/DC (Pro)
- Fish Tales
- Back to the Future: The Pinball
- Shrek

Please PM if you've got anything you'd be willing to part with.

#5403 7 years ago

I'm trying to work out an deal in a different province. How do you guys go about making payment so both parties are safe? I read vids guide and seems to recommend escrow. What do you guys do if neither party knows the other?

Txs

#5404 7 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

I'm trying to work out an deal in a different province. How do you guys go about making payment so both parties are safe? I read vids guide and seems to recommend escrow. What do you guys do if neither party knows the other?
Txs

If it's a Pinsiders, ask for references/friends on Pinside, etc.
You might even get a local Pinsiders to go see the pin for you to confirm its shape.

#5405 7 years ago

I am in the same boat, I am working on an out of province deal out of Medicine Hat. Any help would be great to make this as smooth as possible as I cannot attend in person to look at the pin.

#5406 7 years ago

Just ship the pin to me and interac transfer me the money. Once I have both I will forward as appropriate.

#5407 7 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

I'm looking for a Qbert's Quest, projects definitely considered. I've read many reviews here (not all positive) but I've played it at PHOF and really enjoyed it.
Let me know if you have one out there.

Bump

#5408 7 years ago

Txs

Email money transfer if both in Canada.
If it's here I can check it out for you,help to get it to you if need be.

#5409 7 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

Email money transfer if both in Canada.
If it's here I can check it out for you,help to get it to you if need be.

It's not in Alberta. Email money transfer but if they don't ship game then I have no recourse? The buyer is completely at risk aren't they?

#5410 7 years ago

It's not in Alberta. Email money transfer but if they don't ship game then I have no recourse? The buyer is completely at risk aren't they?

Yes, once a E-transfer has gone through the buyer has no protection. Maybe a fellow pinsider can look at the game. I got burnt on a Paypal deal from Ontario. Game was not as described and is currently under restoration.

I have had positive E-transfers as a seller but not a buyer. Bought a few games from fellow pinsiders in
Calgary, Pingod helped with my Creature. Love the game and paid a fair market price.

Get more info as a buyer. Check any past sales and ask for references.

Buyer Beware. Some games are described as mint but are only players games when you get it home.

#5411 7 years ago

To touch on a lot of points made...

1. There are outsiders here from pretty much every province (and at least 2 territories) so getting help is recommended.

1. a) getting help would be from reputable and reliable pinside members (some have clout/tenure while others have made many deals with changing hands and can be sourced)

2. Always know what you're buying. Someone really in the hobby has no issue taking more pictures of the game or possibly even a video if it's a matter of gameplay.

3. There will always be a risk. From payment, to shipment, to transit right down to the unknown. Accidents happen and it can easily be pointed out as blame rather than understanding. Make sure you are covered (there are ways to do so)

4. As a caveat to what I and others have said. Mint is not always mint. And player games are not always player games. It works both ways. Everyone has their own definition. It all comes down to the precautions you take prior to making a deal. I once bought a game off route that was sold to me as a routed players game. It was stunningly clean when I got it and no damage, wear or any marks on it. The guy could have told me huo and it would be believable, though he was honest and explained. While on the other hand, a huo game may come to be terribly dirty, sat in the sun faded, stink like cigarettes if the owner smokes etc.

ALWAYS DO YOUR DUE DILIGENCE.

hope that helps a bit.

#5412 7 years ago
Quoted from guido81:

I am in the same boat, I am working on an out of province deal out of Medicine Hat. Any help would be great to make this as smooth as possible as I cannot attend in person to look at the pin.

I'm two hours away from the Hat but my brother is in Medicine Hat. Not really a pin head but I'm sure he could scope it out if we tell him what to look for and take lots of pictures. Shoot me a PM if you want me to line it up.

#5413 7 years ago

I think he's already in Medicine Hat. Seems the issue here is neither of these posters has mentioned what City the pin is actually in.

#5414 7 years ago

The game I was looking at is in Saskatoon. A pinsider knows the guys and has taken several photos and a video for me. I'm pretty sure the deal is good but the actual owner of the game is not a pinsider and I don't like the feeling of being vulnerable once I send the money hoping I get a game back lol. He doesn't want to do paypal because then the seller is at risk. I do have a line on the same title in Portland,OR which is a several hour drive for me but then at least I can pay cash and pick up game in person.

Just wish there was a better way to do business but I guess there really isn't, you just have to take a calculated risk.

#5415 7 years ago

I do have a line on the same title in Portland,OR which is a several hour drive for me but then at least I can pay cash and pick up game in person.

Sounds like a road trip. Maybe meet up with a pinsider or 2 along the way. Portland's a rad city.

#5416 7 years ago

I'm interested in this subject also for future use.

Wondering if maybe a mailed check for deposit because this gets you a physical address and a real name as a starting point.

Then maybe a shipper willing to call when it's on the truck and confirm the title so you can etransfer the balance.

Still not perfect and finding a shipper that will work with you in this way might be a challenge but if you could you'd reduce your risk of not receiving anything at all.

#5417 7 years ago
Quoted from pkrobin:

I'm interested in this subject also for future use.
Wondering if maybe a mailed check for deposit because this gets you a physical address and a real name as a starting point.
Then maybe a shipper willing to call when it's on the truck and confirm the title so you can etransfer the balance.
Still not perfect and finding a shipper that will work with you in this way might be a challenge but if you could you'd reduce your risk of not receiving anything at all.

All the shippers I deal with get the game dropped off at the depot already boxed up for shipping by me,nothing to see there.
That won't work,could be a fridge in the box they wouldn't know.

Paypal deposit works for most people,game doesn't ship until paid in full.
Check references on here,ask for previous buyer contacts if need be for reference.
If legit should be all good.

#5418 7 years ago

Yes but you are a pro.

I bought a machine from Detroit once. Glad it worked out. I did pay by check. It shipped standing up on legs, backbox up! Shrink wrapped and tied down.

I bet most of the time they are picked up from a private home by a shipper they aren't boxed. Just legs off, backbox folded down and then shrink-wrapped and secured. Unless it's new or particularly valuable of course.

#5419 7 years ago
Quoted from Pauz21:

I'm two hours away from the Hat but my brother is in Medicine Hat. Not really a pin head but I'm sure he could scope it out if we tell him what to look for and take lots of pictures. Shoot me a PM if you want me to line it up.

Thanks for the offer but I am pretty sure the deal is legit just want to see if anyone has done any previous deals with a guy named Tim from Medicine Hat.

#5420 7 years ago

Tough one, I'm usually just a trusting guy, talk to them on the phone if they seem genuine then I go for it. But it is a risk.

As mentioned, get lots of good quality pics, everyone's standards are different - even if you get a local guy to check it for you, so the best description is looking at all the photos.

On the other end of things when selling, I wouldn't take anything except E-Transfer either, since there are too many scams the other way as well.

The best thing is when shipping deal with guys on here, at least they have been around a while and maybe you've seen other transactions they have compleated that went well.

#5421 7 years ago

It really is a simple process as stated before. Have another Pinsider go have a look at it for you. ( somebody you know or is trusted in this community ).

A lot of this info is word of mouth, I was thinking of getting a game from Saskatoon as well, I actually had just sold a game to the previous owner of this game, I was able to ask him several questions as well. Its a small market, lots of us know each other.

Most people on here and vouch for games/owners as well. Lots of Pinsiders have seen my games and I there's.

If in question, like "Detroit" and these options don't exist, trust your gut and base it on price. Also, in that case, you Paypal if possible.

#5422 7 years ago

Tim is one of the good guys for sure! No worries with Tim

Quoted from guido81:

Thanks for the offer but I am pretty sure the deal is legit just want to see if anyone has done any previous deals with a guy named Tim from Medicine Hat.

#5423 7 years ago

The game I was looking at is in Saskatoon.

Let me know if you need a hand with anything.

#5424 7 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Tough one, I'm usually just a trusting guy, talk to them on the phone if they seem genuine then I go for it. But it is a risk.
As mentioned, get lots of good quality pics, everyone's standards are different - even if you get a local guy to check it for you, so the best description is looking at all the photos.
On the other end of things when selling, I wouldn't take anything except E-Transfer either, since there are too many scams the other way as well.
The best thing is when shipping deal with guys on here, at least they have been around a while and maybe you've seen other transactions they have compleated that went well.

Do you have change for a button and some Rolaids? I'm willing to make you an offer you can't refuse.

You can trust me

#5425 7 years ago

The game I was looking at is in Saskatoon. A pinsider knows the guys and has taken several photos and a video for me. I'm pretty sure the deal is good but the actual owner of the game is not a pinsider and I don't like the feeling of being vulnerable once I send the money hoping I get a game back lol. He doesn't want to do paypal because then the seller is at risk. I do have a line on the same title in Portland,OR which is a several hour drive for me but then at least I can pay cash and pick up game in person.
Just wish there was a better way to do business but I guess there really isn't, you just have to take a calculated risk.

Just sent pm as well.

#5426 7 years ago

Txs guys. Gonna explore the Portland deal a bit more. Long drive but no risk. Never been to Portland either

#5427 7 years ago

Txs guys. Gonna explore the Portland deal a bit more. Long drive but no risk. Never been to Portland either

Just remember coming back to Canada you will be paying tax on the purchase.

#5428 7 years ago

I love road trips so good luck. Let me know if you need any thing.

#5429 7 years ago

If your a foodie, Portland is awesome. They have so many food trucks with amazing food at decent prices.
Plus you never know about the taxes. Not 100% of time charged. Good luck.

#5430 7 years ago

Txs

set up an escrow account , here's a link. in a nutshell its kind of like a trust account BOTH the buyer AND seller setup together. buyer places money in the account, seller can see money has been placed and ships item. once item is received as promised buyer releases funds .
a situation where the item is not as described, or doesn't get delivered the seller notifeis the escrow for re-negotiation or refund( in the absence of an item not being shipped.) escrow is a buyer's costs and shipping insurance is usually a sellers.

https://www.escrow.com/

#5431 7 years ago

Tax be pretty cheap. Only about 100. So between my gas and tax that equals the shipping kind of. It's just the time but if the owner would meet my part way would be awesome.

I got my embryon the same way. Drove about 4 hours to a random truck stop and literally slid the tarped game from one pick up to another in the pissing rain site unseen.

#5432 7 years ago

Escrow seems like a pretty good way to go but costs a few bucks.

#5433 7 years ago

As far as the pin in stoon is conecerned it is the gold wings at pacific billiards. It is matts game... I am sure Tim has played it and commented on it. Tim and Jason are two Pinside valid users.... but hey Portland sounds fun

#5434 7 years ago
Quoted from toasterman04:

As far as the pin in stoon is conecerned it is the gold wings at pacific billiards. It is matts game... I am sure Tim has played it and commented on it. Tim and Jason are two Pinside valid users.... but hey Portland sounds fun

Matt's a solid dude. I would vouch for him any day.

That toaster guy on the other hand ...

#5435 7 years ago

Yeah I'm torn. Gonna fish around and see if anyone else has any business in Portland, maybe get another driver won't be so bad. If not ship the Saskatoon one

#5436 7 years ago
Quoted from guido81:

If it's the fella I think it is and I'm pretty sure that's his name he's a good dude. Haven't bought a machine but he gave me some parts for nothing one time when I was in a pinch. Took me a year to get to the Hat and get them back to him. Didn't know him at all before that and he sent me parts no questions asked and never questioned why the hell it took me an embarrassing amount of time to pay him back. Good guy.

#5437 7 years ago

Hi all

Decent player's BSD is up on the block. Nice cab with no fade, few bumps and bruises. Playing 100%, comes with new plastic set not installed. LED's. Some minor planking on the play field, but does not effect play. New flipper opto boards.

Many local Pinsider's have played this if a reference is required.

Not looking for a cash sale at this time. Would prefer to trade +/- cash. Not interested in blinged out, perfect games with less than 20 plays for 400% mark up.

Looking for older titles (1978 and above), or any of the following:
IJ:TPA
Funhouse
Creature From the Black Lagoon (don't care if hologram is toast)
XMen Pro
Fish Tales
EBD

Would really like to bag some early 80's SS machines from Bally or Stern.

If interested, shoot me a PM with your thoughts! No shipping.

#5438 7 years ago

I have a Bally Vector For Sale:
I'm asking 2500$ CAD
See here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-vector

#5439 7 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

Hi all
Decent player's BSD is up on the block. Nice cab with no fade, few bumps and bruises. Playing 100%, comes with new plastic set not installed. LED's. Some minor planking on the play field, but does not effect play. New flipper opto boards.
Many local Pinsider's have played this if a reference is required.
Not looking for a cash sale at this time. Would prefer to trade +/- cash. Not interested in blinged out, perfect games with less than 20 plays for 400% mark up.
Looking for older titles (1978 and above), or any of the following:
IJ:TPA
Funhouse
Creature From the Black Lagoon (don't care if hologram is toast)
XMen Pro
Fish Tales
EBD
Would really like to bag some early 80's SS machines from Bally or Stern.
If interested, shoot me a PM with your thoughts! No shipping.

Send it over here How much

#5440 7 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

Send it over here How much

Not for cash sale at this time! Need pins for everything going on ...

#5441 7 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

Not for cash sale at this time! Need pins for everything going on ...

Ok,a Stern Meteor then for trade

#5442 7 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

Ok,a Stern Meteor then for trade

Love me some Meteor!

Anyone know who's IJ that is in cowtown kijiji? Or any history?

#5443 7 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

Love me some Meteor!
Anyone know who's IJ that is in cowtown kijiji? Or any history?

Sending you a PM shortly. The IJ4 use to be mine, the Williams one, I'm unsure of.

#5444 7 years ago
Quoted from blowback1976:

Sending you a PM shortly. The IJ4 use to be mine, the Williams one, I'm unsure of.

Thanks for the info! I was referring to the Williams IJ.

#5445 7 years ago

Beauty T2 on kijiji, only 8k.
What a bargain.

#5446 7 years ago

especially if they left the batteries in for the storage period too!

#5447 7 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

especially if they left the batteries in for the storage period too!

Looking forward to seeing this machine and pics of the MPU board.
Oh snap, it just dropped to 6000!

#5448 7 years ago

FWIW I'll vouch for extraballingtmc as a good guy and yes, he is a real person. I've know him for well over ten years now.

#5449 7 years ago

I'm the best

Txs woz

#5450 7 years ago

Looking for a local or semi local MM before I decide to buy a MMR. Condition is not important.

May be able to work out a trade too. Feel free to PM. Thanks.

There are 24,776 posts in this topic. You are on page 109 of 496.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-in-canada-have-any-pins-they-want-to-sell/page/109?hl=pkrobin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.