(Topic ID: 25763)

Anybody have/ had dealings w/ Tom Weitzel...

By Schusler

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by lpeters82
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

He has a pin I'm interested in and just wanna know if anybody dealt w/ him in the past? According to the email, he resides in California.

Thanks!

10 months later
    #2 10 years ago

Got an email from him today (signed Jason) and stating he is in Texas. Sounds like another scammer....

#3 10 years ago

If anybody verifies him to be a scammer, can they email me so I can list him on http://coinopsellerratings.com?

I want to try to make searching very, very easy for buyers and sellers. The site is brand new, and it's already ranking #1 on Google for "pinball seller ratings."

If we can flesh it out more and more over time, it could be a valuable resource.

#4 10 years ago

Basically each time I put a search add on Mr Pinball I am contacted by several scammers.

#5 10 years ago

I confirm Tom Weitzel is 100% a scammer.

#6 10 years ago

Cool, thanks. I'll list him on the site as a known scammer.

#7 10 years ago

How do you know if they are a scammers and what's there scam?

#8 10 years ago
    Quoted from Mato:

How do you know if they are a scammers and what's there scam?

oh boy, get ready. basically they will try to buy your machine, they will tell you their going to send a check for 5000 even though your selling your pin for 2000 they will tell you to use the money to arrange shipping and then whatever is left over you can send them back in the form of a wire or bank check, the whole time the check they send is no good, but by the time you find out you have already shipped your pin and paid them money. it sounds like it would be hard to fool someone into this trap, but they bank on your greed,or stupidity, or your desperation or need for money , or all of the above. it must work because for the last ten years of collecting they have not gone away, someone is falling for it.

#9 10 years ago

Man that is ridiculous, i know people fall for this crap.......but how? I suppose your right heaps of people fall for it and it happens all over the world.......I was expecting some crazed up idea, but its probably the simple minded scams that work.......haha, cheers for the reply.

#10 10 years ago

Or they offer you a machine shipped to your door for a really good price. Anyway with just common sense you can feel the trap.

#11 10 years ago

The reason people fall for it is that these guys come up with very legitimate-looking cashiers checks / money orders. People think it's drawn on a bank so they accept it. I can't imagine not waiting for a check to clear before shipping off a 5K piece of equipment, but apparently it happens all the time. It can't get reported that often because these guys never seem to get caught / go away.

2 weeks later
    #12 10 years ago

I just got an email form good ol' Tom Weitzel. He was offering to sell me a machine, I was hopeful because his pricing was good but not unreasonable. When I asked for his phone number his second reply had this tagline...

"Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone provided by Airtel Nigeria."

Damn! Just figured I'd bump this post. I'm sure I'm not the only one who got the email.

#13 10 years ago

You should mess with him and waste his time.

#14 10 years ago

Wasting scammers time.... these guys made an art out of it. http://www.419eater.com/

#15 10 years ago

I called him out already.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-have-had-dealings-w-tom-weitzel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.