(Topic ID: 193803)

Anybody have any pinball shipping to AK advice?

By CrazyLevi

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by CrazyLevi
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

Looking to ship a pinball machine from NY to Alaska. The usual suspects have so far not been able to help.

Anybody ever ship a pinball or other large item to Alaska, or have any advice here?

#2 6 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Looking to ship a pinball machine from NY to Alaska. The usual suspects have so far not been able to help.
    Anybody ever ship a pinball or other large item to Alaska, or have any advice here?

Road Trip!!!

#3 6 years ago

LOL...yeah I'll pack up the Truckster...

#4 6 years ago

Out of curiosity where in AK? I am heading there in November and was wondering what would be the best way to do this so please post what you find out!

#5 6 years ago

Wasilla but the buyer is open to just having it terminal dropped to Anchorage. Either way no luck so far. Which is crazy to me since I've shipped games to Italy.

#6 6 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Wasilla but the buyer is open to just having it terminal dropped to Anchorage. Either way no luck so far. Which is crazy to me since I've shipped games to Italy.

PM LITZ and ask him how he does it! He resides in AK and he may be able to give some insight as to what to do! I forgot I had some conversation with him (different topic) when I went to AK a year ago!

#7 6 years ago

If you do find a shipper, it is going to be expensive. Don't know why, but it is always higher to send stuff there than it is across the pond. I would think air freight would be the way to go. Ground is a long way to get there through Canada, and Sea freight takes forever. But with the limited number of planes flying in and out of Anchorage, I am betting it will be pricey.

#8 6 years ago
    Quoted from Manimal:

If you do find a shipper, it is going to be expensive. Don't know why, but it is always higher to send stuff there than it is across the pond. I would think air freight would be the way to go. Ground is a long way to get there through Canada, and Sea freight takes forever. But with the limited number of planes flying in and out of Anchorage, I am betting it will be pricey.

Not my problem really. Just want to find a means and what the price is for possible shipping. Thanks!

#9 6 years ago

Levi,

Try FreightCenter, I have used them in the past with success and I know they go to AK! The rep I used contact info is below! I can tell you though I have found with this company it's best to get other quotes and then go to them! They will always match or beat competitors prices but if you don't get other quotes you're (well the buyer) going to pay more!

Shannon Donahue
    National Account Manager
    t: 800-716-7608 ext. 1003
    w: www.freightcenter.com
    e: [email protected]

#10 6 years ago
    Quoted from meSz:

Levi,
    Try FreightCenter, I have used them in the past with success and I know they go to AK! The rep I used contact info is below! I can tell you though I have found with this company it's best to get other quotes and then go to them! They will always match or beat competitors prices but if you don't get other quotes you're (well the buyer) going to pay more!
    Shannon Donahue
    National Account Manager
    t: 800-716-7608 ext. 1003
    w: http://www.freightcenter.com
    e: [email protected]

Quality lead thanks!

#11 6 years ago

Also, I've heard rumor that Fastenal will ship from store to store, and it's reasonable. I've been meaning to investigate it as a way to get games up here without breaking the bank. If you find a reasonable shipper, please keep me posted!

#12 6 years ago

For ground shipping, YRC Freight has been reliable in my experience. Shipped a TAF from New Jersey last year for ≈$450.00 and also a Hobbit from Seattle with them. It helps if the shipper is willing to palletize and wrap. Shipping time with YRC is about 4-8 weeks from the east coast depending on when they make it to the barge terminal in Seattle.

If they're in a real hurry I'd recommend shipping via Alaska Airlines Cargo which is another good option from the east coast. You'll need to get the game to one of their terminals (Newark, or JFK), but once there the cost is comparable to ground shipping. The one caveat is that you'll need to have or know someone with a Known Shipper Number to ship direct with the airlines, otherwise you'll need to use a freight forwarder for air shipping and that can be expensive.

#13 6 years ago
    Quoted from Ak_tilt:

For ground shipping, YRC Freight has been reliable in my experience. Shipped a TAF from New Jersey last year for ≈$450.00 and also a Hobbit from Seattle with them. It helps if the shipper is willing to palletize and wrap. Shipping time with YRC is about 4-8 weeks from the east coast depending on when they make it to the barge terminal in Seattle.
    If they're in a real hurry I'd recommend shipping via Alaska Airlines Cargo which is another good option from the east coast. You'll need to get the game to one of their terminals (Newark, or JFK), but once there the cost is comparable to ground shipping. The one caveat is that you'll need to have or know someone with a Known Shipper Number to ship direct with the airlines, otherwise you'll need to use a freight forwarder for air shipping and that can be expensive.

Thanks!

Looks like it's not gonna happen but this is all good for future reference.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-have-any-pinball-shipping-to-ak-advice?hl=manimal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.