(Topic ID: 38802)

Anybody have a SharpShooter? I need a capacitor number.

By mantz88

11 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by viperrwk
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

SSCN5358.JPG
IMG_1148.jpg
#1 11 years ago

I need a number off a capacitor on the MPU board. The board is missing one and its not listed on the parts sheet. All I need to know is if it is the same as the others. All my other circle capacitors have 104 on them except 1 it has B103k. Its right below the battery.

IMG_1148.jpgIMG_1148.jpg

#2 11 years ago

I grabbed my old board and that cap or component is gone, exactly like yours is. checked the manual - page 26 - that component between battery 30 and connector #3 is not shown or referred to.

Let me just go ahead and refer you to my friend Jim Francesangeli of Echo Lake Pinball. [email protected]. You may well be better off getting his repro MPU rather than trying too hard to repair that board.

#3 11 years ago

Yeah its a real kick in the pants. The thing is mine had the cap there. Just tore up. When I went to clean the corrosion it fell apart, and of course I didnt check the number before hand.

I emailed your guy. Thanks for the hook up.

#4 11 years ago

Mine has a y5u 104m, there hope that helps

#5 11 years ago

It's the same as the others. It was on my MPU2 board in my OCI! and I swapped it out along with the rest of them.

My board had minimal battery damage but would not boot - had no flashes at all. It took swapping out the PIA and then it went straight to 6 flashes. I know a lot of people would not agree with this approach but I believe the best thing to do after cleaning up the corrosion and changing out the board caps, is if it still doesn't boot is to swap out all the socketed components. If it boots you can then go back and put old components back one by one to find the bad one(s).

viperrwk

SSCN5358.JPGSSCN5358.JPG

#6 11 years ago

viperrwk, where did you get that battery?

Just for everybody to know since I never actually said. The machine is kind of half booting. It turns on and makes some sounds but then just kinda freezes up and stays on one solid sound. Just a loud EEEEEEERRRRRRRR, and no flahes but a constant light. The displays never come on and wont coin up.

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from mantz88:

viperrwk, where did you get that battery?
Just for everybody to know since I never actually said. The machine is kind of half booting. It turns on and makes some sounds but then just kinda freezes up and stays on one solid sound. Just a loud EEEEEEERRRRRRRR, and no flahes but a constant light. The displays never come on and wont coin up.

It's not a battery - it's a memory cap.

No flashes = no booting. Could be anything from one of the socketed components to damaged parts/traces in the reset circuit.

viperrwk

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 16.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 129.99
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-have-a-sharpshooter-i-need-a-capacitor-number and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.