(Topic ID: 154860)

Anybody have a schematic for TZ that can help?

By sgorsuch

8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sgorsuch.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

On start up of TZ I has a relay frozen on, before I could turn it off smoke was appearing in the lower left out lane. It took out the Q7 transistor , R7 resistor ,and D7 diode on the the high output board A-16116. This is for the left ramp diverter solenoid 27. I repaired these items, and the voltage is present to fire the diverter coil.

I also replaced the Drive transistor Q22 for this solenoid, and still have 70 VDC at the coil. There is no switch on the playfield stuck, so my thinking is the chip that controls Q22 must have failed. There are several DM74LS374N chips directly above Q22, does anyone know which chip would control this transistor? I have the IC sockets and and chips, but do not know which one to change.

#6 8 years ago

AWESOME! Thank You so much, very much appreciated.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#7 8 years ago

dsuperbee- yeah a friend recommended that Q21 be replaced as well thanks

#8 8 years ago

Chris - thank very much for these links as well. I do have some brand new IC 's and will give a new chip and the suspected one in the game these tests and see where that takes me. Excellent advise- thank you.

#9 8 years ago

I wanted to thank everyone that had a hand in encouragement and helpful hints to rectify my locked coil issue. It turned out to be a lighting mod that I purchased and installed in the game. It did not even occur to me that I had just installed the mod and upon power up the game, that the coil was stuck , all my focus was on reacting to the noise and then eventually smoke that appeared in the playfield.

So I was prepared to install a socket in the U2 location , as I disconnected the new connections for the mod at 116 and 122, i thought that this all happened right after i put this in- so I checked the voltage on 124 pin 3 and all was correct. I hooked up the molex connecter under the playfield right under the coil 27 and sure enough back to normal. I proceeded to run through all the solenoids in the test menu- and everything worked perfectly. I never even got to enjoy the new mod- but it is not going back in my game.

I did contact the supplier and told them my findings- they spoke with their engineers and and assured me that all these are bench tested prior to release- I am certain that this takes place. All I know for sure is that my game did not like it- there must be some kind of weird back feed from the LED light or driver that toggles the Q22 transistor.

I am sending it back for them to look at and test. If it proves to be functional- guess I will try to sell it. There may just be something peculiar with my game and any of its modifications that may have occurred over the past 23 year. I don't know the history of the game- but it appears to have spent some time in the Netherlands , as there is a sticker on the Apron and the manual is all marked up with reference to Holland.

I do not want to mention the supplier or hold the individual mod up for ridicule- as most likely it is just my game that may have the issue.I can play the game and it plays perfect as intended- no errors or resets, able to complete LITZ- and that is truly all I really care about.

I was only curious if anyone ever had a similar thing happen- not necessarily with TZ, but just the game went haywire after making a connection to a similar modification to the game.

Thanks again everyone.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Pinball Pimp
Other
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods
Tools
$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Toys/Add-ons
$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
Gameroom - Decorations
pinballmod
Decorations
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Toys/Add-ons
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Led
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 40.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Electronics
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Boards
Slap Save Creations
Boards
10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn Park, MN
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
Pinball Machine
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
9,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Toronto, ON
$ 22.50
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 6.00
Lighting - Led
Arcade Upkeep
Led
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sgorsuch.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-have-a-schematic-for-tz-that-can-help?tu=sgorsuch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.