(Topic ID: 23981)

Anybody have a Bally Susan B Anthony coinbox sticker they will sell me?

By MrPin

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by MrPin
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

f89083a8d196a0594a5b3095b6cef131.jpg
#1 11 years ago

Hi Guys,

I'm working on my first restoration, a Space Invaders machine. I've seen that most of these seem to have came with the Susan B Anthony coinbox sticker so I'm looking to purchase a decent one for mine.

The only problem is I'm based in the UK and any that I find in the US come with ridiculous shipping charges which I'm not going to pay to get sent a sticker in a simple envelope.

Just wondered if anyone has one they'd like to sell me?

#2 11 years ago

I'm just curious why you would want a United States coin decal on the door of your machine since you are based in the UK? Wouldn't a Queen Elizabeth £1 (or something like that) be more appropriate? I know, Bally did not make any sort of decal like that, the did supply the proper coin entry plates and coin mechs though.

If you really want the Susan B. Anthony decal, PM me with your address and I will throw one in an envelope to you as a gift from someone on this side of the pond. This is a NOS decal that is 33 years young. Not a remake.

I only recently started posting here (I have been on RGP for a few years) but I have been involved with pinball for awhile. Read my pinside story for some details. My posts here have been a bit caustic regarding one particular subject but overall, I'm not too bad of a person.

#3 11 years ago

Nice move Mr. B.

Congrats Mr. P.

#4 11 years ago

Classy move!

#5 11 years ago

Hi MrBally! Thank you so much. That is very kind of you! I would be absolutely delighted to have an original decal for my machine!

Great story. I'm sure you've seen a lot of beauties in your time.

I really want to keep my machine as authentic and original as possible while making it look as nice as I can and as its an American machine this is why I'm looking for the Susan B. I think on the whole people over here in England kind of think it's cooler having authentic American features on their machines. My machine actually seems to have been imported by someone at some point from Holland as both set of instructions on the apron and the plates on the coin slots are all in Dutch so I will probably replace those with the American versions too at some point.

Also I see that on this advert the decals used are the Susan B's.

http://www.montrealpinball.com/blog/upload/file/space_invaders_1980_large.jpg

Anyway thank you so much once again MrBally. Hugely appreciated and very generous gesture! I'll PM you my address now.

#6 11 years ago

Agreed. Little details like that make a classic pin special.

My HUO Centaur came in with the S.B.A. insert. It's actually a sturdy plastic, more or less identical to a playfield plastic.

f89083a8d196a0594a5b3095b6cef131.jpgf89083a8d196a0594a5b3095b6cef131.jpg

#7 11 years ago

Beautiful looking machine Pinster! Sorry to ask such a newbie question but what's a HUO?

#8 11 years ago

OH MAN! I am so sorry, I had two of these and I thought there would never be any interest, threw them away 2 weeks ago! Not the kind of things I usually keep around you know?

--Rick.

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from MrPin:

Beautiful looking machine Pinster! Sorry to ask such a newbie question but what's a HUO?

HUO = Home Use Only. A pin that's never seen an arcade and subsequently taken so much abuse from continued public use, and less than optimal maintenance.

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from MrPin:

Hi MrBally! Thank you so much. That is very kind of you! I would be absolutely delighted to have an original decal for my machine!
Great story. I'm sure you've seen a lot of beauties in your time.
I really want to keep my machine as authentic and original as possible while making it look as nice as I can and as its an American machine this is why I'm looking for the Susan B. I think on the whole people over here in England kind of think it's cooler having authentic American features on their machines. My machine actually seems to have been imported by someone at some point from Holland as both set of instructions on the apron and the plates on the coin slots are all in Dutch so I will probably replace those with the American versions too at some point.
Also I see that on this advert the decals used are the Susan B's.
http://www.montrealpinball.com/blog/upload/file/space_invaders_1980_large.jpg
Anyway thank you so much once again MrBally. Hugely appreciated and very generous gesture! I'll PM you my address now.

I'll mail the decal out tomorrow. Since you saw the Space Invaders brochure on the Montreal Pinball site, here are a few photos of the building where your machine was made. http://www.pinballnews.com/news/nib2.html . There's even a photo of me standing next to the building just after it was completed in 1979 (!) Glad I took that photo on a tripod with an old SLR camera and mechanical timer as all that you see (except me) is now a memory. I actually have a newer version of the car in the photo; complete with a Bally license plate. Some things never change....

#12 11 years ago

Thanks. That was a '74 Super Beetle. Built with the optional Automatic Stickshift™ which I removed and added a clutch pedal along with a 4 speed. Also changed the pistons and cylinders to get that baby up to 1835cc's along with a nasty camshaft. Also had a Monza exhaust that you can barely see. That's an Auto Haus decal to the left of the license plate. I don't know if I had an EMPI decal on the right side. When I was through with it, it barely got 14 MPG in the city!

That's the same car mentioned in my profile page story.

#13 11 years ago

Fantastic bit of history. Thanks for sharing!

#14 11 years ago

Thanks so much once again MrBally and it's great to actually see where my machine was made! Superb bit of history.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

2,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Massapequa, NY
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 55.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

2,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Li, NY
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 90.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-have-a-bally-susan-b-anthony-coinbox-sticker-they-will-sell-me and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.