Anybody got a minty TAF playfield for sale?

Started 3 years ago by schwarz in forum All Pinball > All Pinball.


Forum » All Pinball » Topic

Anybody got a minty TAF playfield for sale?

0
Nobody calls this topic a favorite. Click the star to add it to your favorites.

By schwarz

3 years ago

Stats

  • Started 3 years ago
  • 33 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by tracelifter

Posting activity (per week)

29
week 16
Apr 16th '12
29 posts
2
week 17
Apr 23rd '12
2 posts
week 18
Apr 30th '12
No posts
week 19
May 7th '12
No posts
week 20
May 14th '12
No posts
week 21
May 21st '12
No posts
week 22
May 28th '12
No posts
week 23
Jun 4th '12
No posts
week 24
Jun 11th '12
No posts
week 25
Jun 18th '12
No posts
week 26
Jun 25th '12
No posts
week 27
Jul 2nd '12
No posts
week 28
Jul 9th '12
No posts
week 29
Jul 16th '12
No posts
week 30
Jul 23rd '12
No posts
week 31
Jul 30th '12
No posts
week 32
Aug 6th '12
No posts
week 33
Aug 13th '12
No posts
week 34
Aug 20th '12
No posts
2
week 35
Aug 27th '12
2 posts



Games linked to topic

Link this topic to the game(s) discussed in it.

Find in this topic

Show only posts in this topic that match certain words or are written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!




3 years ago

Lemme know,
Dave


3 years ago

I thought there was a rumor of a rerun of these in the near future???


pin-tastic

Pinball addict
6y
1,035,300
3 years ago

I heard Illinois pinball was getting ready to do another run, price in the 750 range.

http://www.illinoispinball.com


3 years ago

Yes, TAF, MM, MB and CV are all reportedly being run this year. I'd wait if you can as prices now will be extremely high!


3 years ago

Is there a wait list?


3 years ago

Supposedly Gene is in all sorts of lawsuits with all the other Bally/Williams license holders. Who knows what the status is these days? Gene had MB and SS playfields for sale at TPF a few weeks back. I know that he got in hot water for running those SS PFs, but that isn't stopping him from selling them. I know that Planetary bought everything that Wayne had, and only left Wayne with the right to reproduce MM. If that is so, then Gene doesn't have the rights, himself, to MM. He would have to have an agreement with Planetary to run those.


3 years ago

Are the ones from Marcos any good?


3 years ago

I've got a IPB with Ron Kruzman ceramic clearcoating. I'm not completely sure that I'd part with it though. It's gorgeous! Where is the market at on these anyway?


3 years ago
MikeS said:

Yes, TAF, MM, MB and CV are all reportedly being run this year. I'd wait if you can as prices now will be extremely high!

confirmed from a reliable source


3 years ago

I talked to a reliable source yesterday, who said not to believe anything coming out of IPB right now. Gene isn't producing anything for the time being. There are legal measures in place to prevent it.


pinstor12

Pinball master
3y
1,946,550
3 years ago

I talked to a reliable source yesterday, who said not to believe anything coming out of IPB right now. Gene isn't producing anything for the time being. There are legal measures in place to prevent it.

"Surprise, Surprise, Surprise", says Gomer. Better get that playfield.........


3 years ago

I was told last summer from IPB that they would have TAF playfields out by the end of november. November came and went and got no further reply from them. Oh well....


3 years ago

I have recently heard that Gene is broke, and is involved in all kinds of litigation, both suing and being sued. This is just what I heard, but to me, his ventures do not look bright.

For such a small hobby, there sure is a LOT of fighting everywhere. I hope this information is wrong.


3 years ago

I've heard the same thing about Gene. No product anytime soon, if ever.


3 years ago

Marcos has em in stock. Anyone know the deal on these?


3 years ago

It states on the marco site they are out of stock:

http://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=addams family&S_CAT1=PFLD-PLAYFIELD


3 years ago

I have heard that they are going to confiscate peoples playfields. I have heard that Hoffa's body lies in the foundation of a building in almost every city.


3 years ago
exflexer said:

I have heard that they are going to confiscate peoples playfields. I have heard that Hoffa's body lies in the foundation of a building in almost every city.

They'll have to pry mine from my cold dead hands!


3 years ago
Russo121 said:

It states on the marco site they are out of stock:

http://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=Addams Family&S_CAT1=PFLD-PLAYFIELD

Ah crap, my bad. Just noticed that myself also. Musta been drunk last time I checked.


3 years ago

I think we are all pretty screwed for awhile on PFs. There have been a ton of licenses change hands, and people are both confused and defiant about what they have, what they had, when it expired, who bought what, and who granted what.


3 years ago

I had my my name on the list for a new TAF playfield, I was told as well early spring they would be ready. I got tired of waiting and bought an old playfield that has been touched up and clearcoated on Ebay. Probably paid a little much for it but with the way everyone is talking about all of the legal issues it may be the best way to go.


3 years ago

If the owners of the liscenses are not going to remake the PFs and there is a need, then I say #$*! em.

I would like to have both a TAF and MM PF.


3 years ago
MrDo said:

exflexer said:I have heard that they are going to confiscate peoples playfields. I have heard that Hoffa's body lies in the foundation of a building in almost every city.
They'll have to pry mine from my cold dead hands!

Shouldnt be too hard if you're dead. Pliers and rigor mortis ridden corpses go together like peaches and cream....hehe.


3 years ago

Well, I emailed IPB today and got an email to say they ARE running more this year and are testing the ink at the moment. Good news:)


pinsanity

Pinball addict
3y
654,550
3 years ago
Whysnow said:

If the owners of the liscenses are not going to remake the PFs and there is a need, then I say #$*! em.
I would like to have both a TAF and MM PF.

For what it is worth, I was told a week ago directly from the source (IPB) that MM playfields WILL be rerun this year.


3 years ago

Ha! Did Gene also tell you that he was going to start production on Kingpin next month? Yeah. He has been saying that for two years now. Everything is always "just about to start" over at IPB.


3 years ago

DING DING DING.

We have a winner, folks.

Bryan (CARGPB 14)
http://usergallery.myhomegameroom.com/gallery/bspins

gambit3113 said:

Ha! Did Gene also tell you that he was going to start production on Kingpin next month? Yeah. He has been saying that for two years now. Everything is always "just about to start" over at IPB.


pinsanity

Pinball addict
3y
654,550
3 years ago

My how the world turns in pinball.

One day cock of the walk, the next a feather duster.


3 years ago

Hey Dave,
Since "minty" might be hard to find, what are you willing to accept?

I'll be pulling my playfield out in a couple of months for a new IPB/Kruzman PF I bought of another pinsider. My current PF is about an 8-8.5 I would say. The mansion is in great shape, just a few hairlines around some inserts, but nothing is worn at all.
A bit of wear on the chair hole but it's totally covered by the protector. I also have a very slight bit of yellowing where magnet burn was starting to happen, but luckily it was caught in time.
My plan was to restore it with some airbrush touch-ups and do a professional clear.... just for practice really.
If your current one is trashed and you're willing to wait a little bit, you are welcome to it.
Send me a PM if interested.


3 years ago

Still lookin... Thanks for a great backup plan Drano.


3 years ago
schwarz said:

Still lookin... Thanks for a great backup plan Drano.

No worries, like I said, PM me with your email and I'll send pics of mine. Since I don't plan to do the swap until Summer, you have plenty of time to continue searching.


AuS

Senior pinhead
2y
333,150
2 years ago

Is there any word or update on these runs of the playfields. Haven't seen anything yet.


2 years ago
gambit3113 said:

Supposedly Gene is in all sorts of lawsuits with all the other Bally/Williams license holders. Who knows what the status is these days? Gene had MB and SS playfields for sale at TPF a few weeks back. I know that he got in hot water for running those SS PFs, but that isn't stopping him from selling them. I know that Planetary bought everything that Wayne had, and only left Wayne with the right to reproduce MM. If that is so, then Gene doesn't have the rights, himself, to MM. He would have to have an agreement with Planetary to run those.

Gene had two MB PF's and I bought one of them and went through the SS PF's and bought one of them also.
Some of them had registration issues.



Reply

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or sign in if you already have one.