(Topic ID: 310820)

Anybody going to see Paul McCartney in concert?

By jhanley

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 37 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by romulusx
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

maxresdefault (resized).jpg
    694AA219-54B0-4886-A756-EAB856B369D0 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).jpeg
    #1 2 years ago

Just wondering if anyone is going or has seen him before.

#2 2 years ago

Saw McCartney At Fenway Park in Boston July 2013. Fantastic show at the time. Was hoping for "Let Me Roll It" Wings song and got it. I think it was an encore song can't remember...

Edit: Nope. "Let Me Roll It" was the 5th song in after checking the song list. 2 encores and he did 38 songs.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/paul-mccartney/2013/fenway-park-boston-ma-bd95d6e.html

#3 2 years ago

I’ve seen Paul once and that’s enough. You’ll be a happy camper he’s got a great band and you’ll hear all the beatles stuff you want. Some
    Latter day solo stuff you can live
    Without but he plays a very long set so check out the set list and schedule your bathroom break accordingly.

#4 2 years ago

Pretty pricey but this may be the last time to see him. I have never seen tickets on Ticketmaster go so fast. I got on the fan presale and was in the waiting room for 45 minutes and barely got tickets.

#5 2 years ago

Would love to but can't afford it

#6 2 years ago

I went to see him open the Consol Energy Center (now PPG Paints Arena). It was expensive, but I thought it was really good. It was a show I will remember.

If you can swing it, I definitely think it is worth the price. I remember the show being very long with 2 encores, plus he tells some great Beatles stories every few songs.

#7 2 years ago

I took my wife and kids to see him on his last tour and he was legit great. He could easily mail it in at this point (he’s Paul fucking McCartney) but he was fully engaged, fired up, and on point the whole night. The set list was ridiculous and as mentioned his band was as tight as a band can be. Highly recommended.

#8 2 years ago

I caught him a few years back, in the furthest seat back in the venue. I wasn't expecting much, but it ended up being a lot of fun. Definitely worth seeing once.

#9 2 years ago

I just got tickets 2 day ago and the show is May 6. He must be getting it in while Covid is dying out.

#10 2 years ago

He sucks... just kidding.

Ticket prices being way they are I'd only go if someone invited me or comped me.

A decent seat is $500 or something on the low end.

#11 2 years ago

I think I'll save my $500, PHONY.

pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg
    #12 2 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Would love to but can't afford it

Says the guy that just shelled out thousands for a Rush lol.
    Guess I need to afford this, but prob too late now.

#13 2 years ago

1989 Berkeley, CA (nose bleed section)
    2017? St. Louis, MO (2nd row stage)
    Both good shows.

George Harrison/Julian Lennon
    1985 Honolulu, HI (lawn)
    Good Show.

#14 2 years ago
    Quoted from Elvishasleft:

He sucks... just kidding.
    Ticket prices being way they are I'd only go if someone invited me or comped me.
    A decent seat is $500 or something on the low end.

Quoted from Gryszzz:

Says the guy that just shelled out thousands for a Rush lol.
    Guess I need to afford this, but prob too late now.

Just to be clear, I paid less than $400 total for good seats for the whole fam. $500 a seat is stupid, play the shit out of that pin Gryszzz .

#15 2 years ago

This might be sacrilege, but sell a pin and buy a ticket

I’ve seen him twice - at Desert Trip at Coachella in 2016 and in Sydney a year later. He played 38 songs in the latter concert (or 40 if you count Golden Slumbers, Carry That Weight and The End as separate songs). My wife and I were in tears watching our then 12 and 7 year old children harmonising to nearly half the songs

The support band is certainly the second best he’s ever worked with, and at times challenges the first

But to the point - it’s Paul McCartney for God’s sake. You’ll be telling your grandchildren about seeing him

694AA219-54B0-4886-A756-EAB856B369D0 (resized).jpeg694AA219-54B0-4886-A756-EAB856B369D0 (resized).jpeg
    #16 2 years ago

I saw him once and it was a good show, but I don't feel the need to go again. Is he still playing the long sets? Seems almost impossible at his age now.

#17 2 years ago
    Quoted from seenev:

I saw him once and it was a good show, but I don't feel the need to go again. Is he still playing the long sets? Seems almost impossible at his age now.

Yeah still doing the long sets, keep in mind most Beatles songs he plays are short 2:30 songs as that was a radio broadcast requirement back in the day. I think in the 1960’s the threshold was to be below 3 minutes length.

#18 2 years ago

I’ve seen him twice. It’s absolutely worth the money.
    The last show I saw was easily 3 hours.

#19 2 years ago

I had the privilege to see him twenty years ago with tickets I had won. It was a fantastic show. I remember being amazed at how well this old guy could still jam. I can't believe he's still throwing concerts today.

#20 2 years ago

I remember seeing Paul play for 3 hours and not sweat once. YOU'RE TELLING ME SOME GUY CAN PLAY A 3 HOUR SET AND NOT SWEAT? #paulisdead

#21 2 years ago
    Quoted from radial_head:

I think I'll save my $500, PHONY.
    [quoted image]

whats your point

#22 2 years ago

I have seen him twice ,great is an understatement.Possibly the greatest vocalist/musician ever.

#23 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jamesays:

whats your point

Sorry I thought jokes about Paul McCartney faking his own death and being replaced by another person was canon as a good laugh.

#24 2 years ago

Still the best version of Live and Let Die and Sir Paul sure does like Pyro!

#25 2 years ago
    Quoted from radial_head:

Sorry I thought jokes about Paul McCartney faking his own death and being replaced by another person was canon as a good laugh.

28 If!

#26 2 years ago
    Quoted from radial_head:

I thought it was a short man joke,was news to me as I never heard anything about him trying to Stallone or Tom Cruise it.

#27 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jamesays:

I thought it was a short man joke,was news to me as I never heard anything about him trying to Stallone or Tom Cruise it.

Much like Prince, if you are over 5 foot 2 you cannot join his band!

#28 2 years ago

Syracuse 6/4...

Saw him at the 12/12 concert at MSG in NYC and that show had EVERYBODY - Springsteen, Who, Roger Waters, Rolling Stones, Clapton, Bon Jovi, etc... and McCartney blew them all away - such a treat to see him live... looking forward to a whole show..

Cool thing is I'm seeing Robert Plant a few days prior nearby... Chance to hear both Beatles and Led Zep tunes in one week.

#29 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Syracuse 6/4...
    Saw him at the 12/12 concert at MSG in NYC and that show had EVERYBODY - Springsteen, Who, Roger Waters, Rolling Stones, Clapton, Bon Jovi, etc... and McCartney blew them all away - such a treat to see him live... looking forward to a whole show..
    Cool thing is I'm seeing Robert Plant a few days prior nearby... Chance to hear both Beatles and Led Zep tunes in one week.

Don't get too excited about Plant...he'll do a few Zep tunes but it will be extremely begrudgingly and he'll be scowling the whole time and murmuring about empty nostalgia.

Paul gives the people what they want, and loves it!

#30 2 years ago

I was a little hesitant about spending so much but am glad my wife insisted getting tickets. Sounds like we'll have a great time.

#31 2 years ago
    Quoted from jhanley:

I was a little hesitant about spending so much but am glad my wife insisted getting tickets. Sounds like we'll have a great time.

You'll be singing Beatles songs along with an actual Beatle and 50,000 other people for almost three hours. How it could that not be fun?

#32 2 years ago

Cool story:
    I’ve worked 3 of his shows, 2 arena and 1 stadium. After the last arena show, he walked into our main kitchen - barefoot. He asked the chef if he had anything to eat. I thought how cool is this - Paul McCartney is rummaging through our fridge looking for a snack.

#33 2 years ago

Yes! Three generations of our family will be attending so worth every single penny.
    He will be 80 this year - unbelievable.
    The most excited one is a very happy teenager.

#34 2 years ago
    Quoted from Vino:

Yes! Three generations of our family will be attending so worth every single penny.
    He will be 80 this year - unbelievable.
    The most excited one is a very happy teenager.

I would guess you are going to the Oakland Arena one. Us too. I can't believe it costs 40 bucks to park. How long does it take to get out of there after the show?

#35 2 years ago
    Quoted from jhanley:

I would guess you are going to the Oakland Arena one. Us too. I can't believe it costs 40 bucks to park. How long does it take to get out of there after the show?

Yeah, it’s a bit of a cattle call back onto freeway but not horrible.

#36 2 years ago

maxresdefault (resized).jpgmaxresdefault (resized).jpg
    Let's not talk about leaving before the show even begins.

#37 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Don't get too excited about Plant...he'll do a few Zep tunes but it will be extremely begrudgingly and he'll be scowling the whole time and murmuring about empty nostalgia.
    Paul gives the people what they want, and loves it!

Your are correct on both counts!!!
    I saw both guys one year apart Plant was doing the Honeydrippers thing when Sea of Love was radio play.Paul gives you exactly what a fan can want and more.32 songs that night at Market Square Arena in Indy 1990

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-going-to-see-paul-mccartney-in-concert and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.