(Topic ID: 291864)

Anybody ever use a clamp that spans the entire 22" of a pin?

By swampwiz

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by tomtest
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20210327_133341 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider swampwiz.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

My Bally Playboy has the real PITA situation of the side rails bending outward at the front, making taking off the lockdown bar a real PITA. (putting the bar back isn't a problem), so much so that I've got to fix this. I don't want to go the route of taking the side rails off, bending them to bow in, and reinstalling them, and the only thing I can think of to do is to use some epoxy adhesive to keep them touching the cabinet - but to do this, I don't how I can get around not using a clamp to hold them down while the epoxy sets.

The only clamps I have only span a few inches, but they have a screw in the middle, and I wonder about the clamps that are tied down with an impinging screw.

#5 3 years ago
    Quoted from RonSS:

I don't like the sound of this idea myself, but hey, it's your pin.
    Couldn't you place the play field in service position and then use your small clamps?

I'd have to take off the bracket that the lock down bar affixes to, but this will work!

And as for me not figuring out this on my own:

https://media1.tenor.com/images/9bdcf150cb72ba1a7e548d3088c3d8d8/tenor.gif?itemid=15451551

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider swampwiz.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-ever-use-a-clamp-that-spans-the-entire-22-of-a-pin?tu=swampwiz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.