(Topic ID: 297927)

Anybody ever try to close their paypal account?

By tp

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by pins4u
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tp.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

Closed my account today! What a nightmare. 3 hours of back and forth with shitpal. Had to jump through hoops and tell em every personal detail including how many hairs were growing on my left asscheek multiple times with multiple people.
    Guy told me my account was closed and I should have a confirmation email in my inbox as we spoke. Got off the phone no email confirmation. Waited an hour still nothing.
    Call back jump through hoops give up all my personal information again. Explain to the new person how I had called an hour ago and the guy told me my account was closed and how should be confirmation in my inbox. She says it's still open and trys to tell me she'll lock it for now. I say no no no I want it closed not locked.
    Ask to tranfer me i say that trick worked last time and here we are hours later and its still open and I'm not gonna have to call again. Tries to tell me nothing she can do. I say guess we'll be here for hours what do you wanna talk about as I'm not leaving til its closed and I hear the email come through. Half an hour of hearing her tap away on her keyboard she says your account is now closed. Hear the familiar gmail sound thank her and
    ADIOS SUCKPAL!

#9 2 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

If you log into your paypal account, in the settings area, there is a "close account" option. Did that not work for you?

Reason I closed was they wanted more info after (10 + years?) as an active member. All of a sudden I couldn't access my account without them acquiring my new cell phone #. Without giving it to them I could not access my account for anything. Never gave them my cell # in the beginning why now?

Quoted from Hazoff:

I just don't use it anymore. Its been a few years. Why the need to close it?

lost of trust mainly, and tired of bowing to their demands and invasive actions. Fear of someone else getting ahold of it if I'm not watching activity.

#10 2 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

I thought I closed mine but then poof….another TOS update e mail

That's because they lie and deceive. More active members = better for them. Just like first guy did to me. (Didnt wanna be the one to lose me) so he said it was closed when it wasn't. They try everything to keep you when they know your serious. The closed account email is needed otherwise your still a member.

#12 2 years ago
    Quoted from ClassicHornet:

I just removed all my cards/payment details but keep it open just in case

I couldn't do that because they blocked my access unless I bowed to their demands.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tp.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-ever-try-to-close-their-paypal-account?tu=tp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.