• Latest reply 10 years ago by zpeakabonk
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Playfield_lady_detail.jpg
#1 11 years ago

Hey Pinsiders. Happy New Year!!! I am wondering if any of you good people have ever had the pleasure of playing a Spooky pin ( the Zaccaria game ) and if so how was that... incidentally I am on a quest for one and have been totally mind-blown by how cool this game looks in pics. Wondering how it feels to play it.
Thanks and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

#2 11 years ago

I have only caught wind of ONE example in the states. Most people don't even seem to know what I am talking about when I mention it. I have never had the opportunity to play it, but there is a video on youtube. I seem to remember seeing a guy on here in Norway or something that had one for trade for a Mystery Castle. I personally wouldn't make that trade.

#3 11 years ago
Quoted from PurpleDrain:

Hey Pinsiders. Happy New Year!!! I am wondering if any of you good people have ever had the pleasure of playing a Spooky pin ( the Zaccaria game ) and if so how was that... incidentally I am on a quest for one and have been totally mind-blown by how cool this game looks in pics. Wondering how it feels to play it.
Thanks and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

As Brian said, they are very rare. I know of 5 or 6 in the US, and I've found a dozen or so in Europe over the years, but that's it.

I've never played one, but I'll be importing one in the coming year, so I'll keep you posted on how it plays.

The backglass has always been one of my favorites and it's such a cool theme! It's really a shame that they didn't make more of these before closing their doors.

Good luck in your search!

#4 11 years ago

I'll take a spooky and magic castle too please. Txs.

#5 11 years ago

That is awesome, Matt. I can't wait to hear how it is. I think I read somewhere the eyes in the owl actually move. It really seems to be pretty badassed.

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from MattElder:

As Brian said, they are very rare. I know of 5 or 6 in the US, and I've found a dozen or so in Europe over the years, but that's it.
I've never played one, but I'll be importing one in the coming year, so I'll keep you posted on how it plays.
The backglass has always been one of my favorites and it's such a cool theme! It's really a shame that they didn't make more of these before closing their doors.
Good luck in your search!

Awesome!

That makes two in the midwest?

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from PurpleDrain:

That is awesome, Matt. I can't wait to hear how it is. I think I read somewhere the eyes in the owl actually move. It really seems to be pretty badassed.

Thanks. I'm pretty excited, but it'll be later in the year when I bring it over, so I've still got quite a wait yet...

And yes, the eyes open and close.

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from Schusler:

Awesome!

That makes two in the midwest?

Thanks! Actually, it'll make three in the Midwest: Nebraska, Iowa, and Illinois.

#9 11 years ago

I was fortunate to see one in Saint Etienne last fall. We had a Pin feast with > 160 machines on free play. Spooky was sitting right next to my Zaccaria Black Belt.

Sadly, when I wanted to play it, it was not working properly...
Cool machine though.

1 week later
#10 11 years ago

The sound and look of the game are the real appeal. The game play is average. I've had mine partially running and it seems entertaining enough. When I get it running smoothly and consistent, I will be able to give a better opinion.

#11 11 years ago

If you ever consider selling, please keep me in mind. Very unique collection, btw. You have a handful of titles that I have all but given up on finding.

-Brian

#12 11 years ago

Nice Zaccaria collection GWalton! I had the pleasure recently of playing a few different Zaccaria pins for the first time (Farafalla and Time Machine) and have to say, very cool! They really surprised me. If anyone comes across one, make sure to take the time ask someone to explain the rules and play one. Very solid games for their time.

#13 11 years ago

Thanks,
I was fortunate enough to find most of them in the 90's for dirt cheap. Another advantage is living in Central Pennsylvania, I was able to go to the York and Allentown shows every year. While most people were wheeling and dealing on Bally and Williams pins, I was picking up the "foreign junk" that op's just wanted to get rid of

#14 11 years ago

Don't know about the pins, but they put together a nice manual for sure.

Just browsed through the black belt manual on ipdb.org.

Although mostly in Italian, there are some nice exploded view diagrams of various parts, etc.

Pretty cool.

#15 11 years ago

Very nice GWalton! I was about to ask if you had to do the import route on yours.

The backglass came on Ebay for sale recently....
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-would-love-to-have-this-backglass

#16 11 years ago

Try Pinball Champ / PInball Champ '82 (same layout, different art). Really excellent gameplay. Locomotion is beautiful as well.
Had a Zac blackbelt, sold it... my mistake!

#17 11 years ago

I own and have played this game quite a bit... I have to say it's a bit 'average' playwise and personally I find the artwork a bit 'unpleasant' and I'll probably be exporting it later this year... eh Matt (not that I want to put you off the purchase or anything)

The rarity and 'horror theme' make it sought after enough though...

#18 11 years ago

I have a Magic Castle. Fun machine to play. Spooky looks very cool as well.

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

I own and have played this game quite a bit... I have to say it's a bit 'average' playwise and personally I find the artwork a bit 'unpleasant' and I'll probably be exporting it later this year... eh Matt (not that I want to put you off the purchase or anything)
The rarity and 'horror theme' make it sought after enough though...

That's it! We're sending a container to your place and cleaning house! Dibs on Spooky!

#20 11 years ago

http://flippersbe.blogspot.be/2010/10/spooky-ready-for-transport.html
I've helped one move for an american collector..
Didn't get a chance to play it. Didn't look that special / fun.
Most of its value is because it's rare..

#21 11 years ago

Well, I would be very interested in Spooky or Mephisto as I collect mostly horror themed games. If anyone decides to part with theirs, please let me know.

-Brian

#22 11 years ago

You don't have a RS in your collection. I thought you liked scary.

#23 11 years ago

Brian,
I actually have two Mephisto's. Both are in a project state. Once I get a chance to get them set up and decide which one I want to keep, I will be letting the other go. No reason to have two of them. Unfortunately, only one has the hologram topper and I will clearly be keeping that
I've been taking a break from the hobby for a few years, but that will be one of my projects this year.
Greg

#24 11 years ago

That's it! We're sending a container to your place and cleaning house! Dibs on Spooky!

Security has just been doubled on my premises

Unfortunately, only one has the hologram topper and I will clearly be keeping that

Have you actually seen this lit up yet? Hologram is stretching the boundry of what that word means I imagine they're quite easy to re-produce by the way, so if you were really wanting to make your spare one more complete, I don't think it would be a great challenge to make another...

Mephisto has to have my favourite pinball heroine of all time... or is she a damsel in distress...?

Playfield_lady_detail.jpgPlayfield_lady_detail.jpg

#25 11 years ago

I'll take a mephisto too please.

#26 11 years ago

there is a mephisto backglass for sale in france (not cheap)

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

I find the artwork a bit 'unpleasant' and I'll probably be exporting it later this year... eh Matt (not that I want to put you off the purchase or anything)

Yeah, the artwork is a little different, but no way am I backing out, Lee! I'm glad to take it off your hands.

#28 11 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

there is a Mephisto backglass for sale in france (not cheap)

Hmmm....my backglass has a small piece missing from one corner (that's right....these aren't tempered) so I'd definitely be interested in one. Too bad it's so far away, and expensive!

#29 11 years ago
Quoted from GWalton:

I actually have two Mephisto's. Both are in a project state. Once I get a chance to get them set up and decide which one I want to keep, I will be letting the other go. No reason to have two of them.

Hey GWalton, I would be very interested in your second Mephisto if/when you sell it.

Gabe

#30 11 years ago
Quoted from MattElder:

Yeah, the artwork is a little different, but no way am I backing out, Lee! I'm glad to take it off your hands.

Damn, I was getting cold feet about letting it go and was hoping I could change your mind

Just kidding... partly... I'm sure I'll regret selling it when it's gone, but you've opened my eyes to a whole new Spanish world out there, so some of the Italian titles have to make way!

4 weeks later
#31 11 years ago
Quoted from PurpleDrain:

Hey Pinsiders. Happy New Year!!! I am wondering if any of you good people have ever had the pleasure of playing a Spooky pin ( the Zaccaria game ) and if so how was that... incidentally I am on a quest for one and have been totally mind-blown by how cool this game looks in pics. Wondering how it feels to play it.Thanks and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Hello fellow pinsiders,

Will be bringing my Spooky to the Pin a GoGo this year
So if you can make it enjoy

Rob

#32 11 years ago
Quoted from PurpleDrain:

Hey Pinsiders. Happy New Year!!! I am wondering if any of you good people have ever had the pleasure of playing a Spooky pin ( the Zaccaria game ) and if so how was that... incidentally I am on a quest for one and have been totally mind-blown by how cool this game looks in pics. Wondering how it feels to play it.Thanks and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Hi pinsiders

Bringing my Spooky to the Pin a Go Go
This year so if you can make it enjoy

Robert

#33 11 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

there is a Mephisto backglass for sale in france (not cheap)

I want to buy mephisto badly
Name your price !!

#34 11 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

I want to buy Mephisto badly
Name your price !!

There are currently 3 Spooky (ies...) on sale/tade on Pinball Owners in Europe (one in Italy, one in Sweden, one in France). The French seller has an excellent reputation. Current highest bid is 860 euros... already beyond my means.

#35 11 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

I want to buy Mephisto badly
Name your price !!

There are currently 3 Spooky (ies...) on sale/tade on Pinball Owners in Europe (one in Italy, one in Sweden, one in France). The French seller has an excellent reputation. Current highest bid is 860 euros... already beyond my means.

But the guy you copied is looking for Mephisto dude... they are very different games

#36 11 years ago

Spooky Pinball..... Where have I heard that???

2 months later
#37 10 years ago

Hi

just sold my spooky the one from St etienne to a guy in Canada
and maybe i will sell my Zankor to , great looking pins but with other projects in mind i start selling some of my game's

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-ever-owned-or-played-a-zaccaria-spooky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.