Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 31 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by cottonm4
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

03ed0c9ac3f23f012da22c67c80cf45d737be151.png.png (resized).jpg
    IMG_0224a1 (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-12-12 at 7.47.48 AM (resized).png
    #1 6 years ago

Anybody ever heard of this outfit? It all sounds like BS to me.

https://glassdoctor.com/content/pinball-back-glass-replacement

Screen Shot 2017-12-12 at 7.47.48 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-12-12 at 7.47.48 AM (resized).png

#2 6 years ago

Millions of satisfied customers?!?
    So theres millions of the glasses out there and we have never seen or heard of one?
    Looks like they install shower door glass also, I would like a shower door that looks like the fathom backglass...

#3 6 years ago

Sounds like an infomercial.

#4 6 years ago

In home consultations etc....either BS or going to be very expensive.

#5 6 years ago

They are just a generic glass franchise across a good part of the US, and yes, you can by glass from them that will fit a pinball machine just like you can from any other glass shop. Nothing to see here......

#6 6 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

Looks like they install shower door glass also, I would like a shower door that looks like the fathom backglass...

IMG_0224a1 (resized).jpgIMG_0224a1 (resized).jpg

#7 6 years ago

Wow look at that a Fathom Bathroom! Just when You think you have seen it all!

#8 6 years ago
    Quoted from whthrs166:

Wow look at that a Fathom Bathroom! Just when You think you have seen it all!

Yeah, but wheres the shower door...

#9 6 years ago

Ok. I must confess. I called the number on the web page. Three times. On the third call I was given the local franchise's phone number and after a couple of calls the local sent out a "technician". Yes, I was told that they could hire a painter to paint me a Stern Big Game back glass. I pretty much called BS to that, but figured while he was here maybe they could make me an invisible play field glass ( PDI will only sell me a a PDI glass for Big Game if I buy 5 pieces of glass. BG is special size). So I asked if they could make me a anti-glare, anti-reflective play field glass for my BG. Nothing to lose by asking.

He said "yes", we can make you one of those. The office will call you with a quote tomorrow. And he also said installation would be $284.00. I said installation is a 30 second job.

I have never gotten a quote. I know I never will.

But I am chapped that Glass Doctor would even put up a web page that sure sounds like they know what they are talking about when it is all just BS.

So, everybody, go call Glass Doctor's number----1-855-603-1919 ---just for fun. Maybe they will take down this hokey web page if enough people call to see about getting a pinball back glass.

#10 6 years ago

What would the point be for marketing to a group you have no intention of selling to?

#11 6 years ago

My buddy works for the local Glass Doctor here. He says he knows nothing about this. And Cottonm4 did they really tell you they could hire a painter to paint a new backglass?! What the hell is that? So every town with a Glass Doctor also has a pro painter on call to whip up a brand new backglass? This is truly the most ridiculous thing.

#13 6 years ago

Has anyone noticed that there's a "source" at the bottom of the webpage, as if they need citations for what they're claiming. When you try to visit the site, Chrome sends up a security warning that it's a site that phishes for personal information. If ignored, the webpage is non-existent. Weird.

#14 6 years ago

So you guys have never heard of TGD (that's what we call him) and yet he's the one that sounds fishy?

F*&cking n00bs

#15 6 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

So, everybody, go call Glass Doctor's number----1-855-603-1919 ---just for fun. Maybe they will take down this hokey web page if enough people call to see about getting a pinball back glas

sounds like scammers mining for info. I'd steer clear. if you gave them personal info, burn your house and expect a year or two off grid.

#17 6 years ago

Im pretty sure I can spot an artist painted backglass from 20 feet away....

#18 6 years ago
    Quoted from Sinistarrett:

And Cottonm4 did they really tell you they could hire a painter to paint a new backglass?!

That is what he said. Maybe has was trying to figure out how to turn lemons into lemonade. As I said, it was all BS.

But he was just going his job, I suppose. He was a nice guy.

I told him that $284.00 would be a nice price for anti-reflective, anti-glare play field glass but that $284.00 to install a play field glass was out of the question.

#19 6 years ago
    Quoted from Sinistarrett:

My buddy works for the local Glass Doctor here. He says he knows nothing about this. And Cottonm4 did they really tell you they could hire a painter to paint a new backglass?! What the hell is that? So every town with a Glass Doctor also has a pro painter on call to whip up a brand new backglass? This is truly the most ridiculous thing.

Do they just mean transparent glass for translites?

#20 6 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Do they just mean transparent glass for translites?

The guy and I were standing next to my Big Game. He touched the back glass. And he said they would hire a painter to paint me one. And while he kept a very serious look on his face (and it actually looked to me like he believed what he was saying ) it was at point in our conversation that I knew I was dealing with BS. That's all I can tell you.

#21 6 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

Has anyone noticed that there's a "source" at the bottom of the webpage, as if they need citations for what they're claiming. When you try to visit the site, Chrome sends up a security warning that it's a site that phishes for personal information. If ignored, the webpage is non-existent. Weird.

Seems to be a busted link to a real website by pinball collector named Steve Corley. Wonder if he has anything to do with Glass Doctor, or knows about the link.
    http://stevechannel.com/pinball.htm

#22 6 years ago

This whole thing is just so weird. I almost imagine some intern googling glass repair and adding pages based on anything remotely glass repair related...

Also I'll say it doesn't seem to be linked off their main page. Could this be something that got accidentally exposed to the public and snowballed in their system that they thought was a legit product?

#23 6 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

I was dealing with BS. That's all I can tell you.

I'd be wary. Be careful, he's been inside your house and could be casing the place. Maybe put a call into the police report the scam.

#24 6 years ago
    Quoted from VacFink:

I'd be wary. Be careful, he's been inside your house and could be casing the place. Maybe put a call into the police report the scam.

He drove up in a company truck. There is a Glass Doctor franchise in town. And I called them. Twice. They never called me. No police report is necessary here.

I also had a furnace repair guy in my house yesterday. He is a local contractor for a major furnace manufacturer firm. He saw my pins and said he had a Six Million Dollar Man pinball. He played one of my pins and we had a jolly good conversation. I don't feel threatened.

All the same, I can understand where you are coming from and it never hurts to be reminded that one needs to be wary when strangers enter the house.

#25 6 years ago

We need to all stand up against the use of "pinball wizard" in every effin story about pinball. Right up front everyone should refuse to be interviewed or photographed without a promise that the term wizard will not be used.

#26 6 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

e need to all stand up against the use of "pinball wizard" in every effin story about pinball. Right up front everyone should refuse to be interviewed or photographed without a promise that the term wizard will not be used.

Much agreed !

#27 6 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

He drove up in a company truck.

I'd call the police.

#28 6 years ago

Maybe this guy is behind it?

03ed0c9ac3f23f012da22c67c80cf45d737be151.png.png (resized).jpg03ed0c9ac3f23f012da22c67c80cf45d737be151.png.png (resized).jpg

#29 6 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

So, everybody, go call Glass Doctor's number----1-855-603-1919 ---just for fun.

I put the number in my fax machine so it calls them every 2 minutes and runs up charges on their toll-free number.

#30 6 years ago

I found out their contact info.

https://glassdoctor.com/contact-us

I sent them an inquiry asking them something along the lines of questioning the legitimacy of their website about back glasses. I said quite a few pinball machine owners were sort of scratching their heads. Actually, I don't remember exactly what I said, but since I am retired and not looking for any job, I can pretty much ask a question in any manner tat I like

I linked this webpage in my "contact us" text.

#31 6 years ago
    Quoted from dothedoo:

I put the number in my fax machine so it calls them every 2 minutes and runs up charges on their toll-free number.

Try faxing them something if you can. When I was a buyer my co-workers and I lived on the fax machine communicating with our supplier contacts. We had a vendor's fax number that we communicated with a lot. It was an easy number to mis-dial by one digit. One poor guy had the number that always got called if we dialed incorrectly. So, as we were faxing he is picking up the phone and cussing "us" out telling us to quit calling him; That we had the wrong number.

I felt sorry for the guy but at the same time it was quite funny. That poor dude taught me a few new profane words as he was cussing out our fax machine.

Try to fax them something about pinball back glasses. Do it

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-ever-heard-of-glass-doctor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.