(Topic ID: 2523)

Anybody ever dealt with pinballs.com....positive or negative?

By iceman44

13 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 years ago by NoVArcade
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 13 years ago

Might take the plunge on LOTR SE....What do you guys think?

#2 13 years ago

Pinballs.com is where I got my LOTR LE and I had a great experience with them. Looks like they are offering a better deal now with a factory installed shaker motor for $150 (they sold a separate shaker to me for an additional $200 last year with my pin). Although a regular LOTR is nice as well, there is no software for an integrated shaker solution (as far as I know) and if you add a shaker it would have to be tied in to some other switch or light. Perhaps others know how to integrate a shaker to a regular LOTR? Personally, I really like the gold package, the real backglass (vs. translite), but the integrated shaker is by far the main reason to go with an LE. The extra clear coats are great as well...

#3 13 years ago

My regular LOTR has a shaker motor kit installed. You simply update the main game rom to 10.02 (LE version) as well as swap out the GAL chip next to it with an LE one.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-ever-dealt-with-pinballscompositive-or-negative and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.