(Topic ID: 59948)

Anybody ever dealt with barrywnj on eBay?

By Lethal_Inc

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

dino-happy-clap-761.jpg
    barry-1.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shacklersrevenge.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#42 10 years ago

Barry sells some good pins and also sells some projects. Inspect before you buy if you're cautious, or buy elsewhere if you're not comfortable or suspect anything. It's really that simple.

If you're decent with him, he's decent in return. He has helped me out at the Allentown show when fixing a flipper eos, and in locating parts and a translight.

1 year later
    #147 8 years ago

I've dealt with Barry more than a few times, and each game I knew going in, needed real work done to it. Barry is/was a collector hoarder and most importantly, a flipper.

If you were looking for the clean machine, Barry wasn't where you went. If you were looking for a low price project, with some parts robbed, something you could hobby together with time, it worked out well for those that sought that kind of thing. I never bought a game he claimed was all set to go, 100% shopped, so I can't comment on those.

I went to his warehouse, (if that's what you wanted to call it) and it's a place that almost anyone on this forum would have dropped their jaw in a bad way. I've never seen a bigger pile of legs in my life. A mountain. Parts, just thrown everywhere, games in pieces, headbox here, playfield there, wpc sound boards just laying IN the floor getting kicked around (because there wasn't much of a floor) , games on shelves, a leaky roof...and cats. He had cats living in here, feeding them, the whole nine yards, so you can imagine (though probably not best to)

He knew his stuff, but was buried. His nephew worked for him 24/7, so anything that was sold or fixed, was basically him doing so-Barry was there for his experience.

Barry was the mastermind to his madness. He would bend some, but he was also out to get the top hand on the bat. He was probably the biggest flipper on the east coast.

#149 8 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Sounds like there could be quite an interesting auction if he's got $100k+ in back taxes due. Hope there's somebody to step in and take care of those cats.

The auction would be anything but interesting, unless he had another warehouse, which I don't think he did. In the last year, he started selling off everything. Anything of any value was sold, including more than a few TZ projects (one of which I bought) Shadows, Banzai run, Jurassic Parks, etc. Some went to ebay, some off ebay, but all pretty much sold. He had a ton of project pins, and beyond project pins, he said he was ''getting out, that the building wasn't holding up, the costs, etc'' Who knows, but it all seems to match up with the current news.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shacklersrevenge.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-ever-dealt-with-barrywnj-on-ebay?tu=shacklersrevenge and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.