(Topic ID: 59948)

Anybody ever dealt with barrywnj on eBay?

By Lethal_Inc

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

dino-happy-clap-761.jpg
    barry-1.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider neverahighscore.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#36 10 years ago

Won a TOM from him that was described as excellent condition with no issues and tons of pics backing it up. When I went to pick up the game, it wasn't the same Tom or even close. Told him how disappointed I was to waste a day off from work, drive 2 hours only to see a Tom in bad, very bad condition. Barry told me he would refund my deposit only after I left positive feedback for him willing to work with me on a "issue with game". Being a 1st year newbie at the time, I gave him positive feedback and got my refund back. Long story short, always try to see the games your buying from retailers especially. Stay away from this one!-Joe

#40 10 years ago

No, I didn't have to cancel the transaction. This happened about 10 years ago and I wish I new about RGP(Pinside I think wasn't available) back then to do more research on Barry. I would have been screwed if he was farther away and the game was shipped. You learn quick in this hobby about who you can trust and who you can't!-Joe

11 months later
    #126 9 years ago

Made the drive then drove away without the game. What was described was not what was in his shop. How many negative opinions does it take to realize he is not a person to deal with and expect a positive experience!

#129 9 years ago
    Quoted from thedefog:

If you're talking about project pins, you have to go there in person, ALWAYS. Doesn't matter if it is Barry, Harry, or Larry.

No doubt about it. That is one of the best tips you can give to anyone but especially newcomers. I know it's not always possible to see the game in person. But you can never trust someone who resells to meet your expectations with just words and pictures. I learned the hard way as many other have. I now have a few contacts who I would buy from no questions asked. It takes time to find someone who describes games and meets your description level.-Joe

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider neverahighscore.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-ever-dealt-with-barrywnj-on-ebay?tu=neverahighscore and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.