7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by system11
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 7 years ago

anybody ever heard of this company

i am assuming these are phone #s for them

+44 7031926446

+44 7031958065

thanks ed

#2 7 years ago

Was wondering the same thing. I did a little digging and it just doesn't sound legit. Especially because the only way they want money is via western union and offered to ship to machine from the UK to me via 3 day fedex...

#3 7 years ago

Yeah...i did order a Pin Ball machine a few days after i saw the AD but since i had relatives in the UK i had to make sure they check it up before i went on with my order...well it all turned out to be great but the only issue was that delivery didn't actually take 3 days but 5 days...they said it was due to i placed my order on a weekend..well i cracked the notshell and i'm actually making units out of the Machine in my game store.........

Danny..

#4 7 years ago

Link to them?

#5 7 years ago

i am confused danny - not sure if you are being funny - or they actually do exist and you got your machine. thanks ed

#6 7 years ago

The other thing to check is that Stern region lock their machines by voltage, so if they are UK delivered machines, they may not work out of the box on 110v.

#7 7 years ago

I smell multiple possible rats - where's the advert?

#8 7 years ago

the advertisement was on mrpinball. no rats here. not sure if it's legit. thanks ed

#9 7 years ago

Well let's see....

*) Western Union requested
    *) Claiming to ship 3 day fedex on a pinball machine
    *) Those are pay-as-you-go cellphone numbers above. I bet he can't provide a landline if you request one.
    *) Gamesboxx is not registered at Companies House
    *) I've seen a similar ad from him where the machine is claimed to be in the US

Of course that makes something else above slightly suspicious doesn't it?

#10 7 years ago

well i did get my machine after i placed my order and i'm not Joking Ed...if you have relatives you can tell them to check it up for you and go buy the items in their store and arrange shipment to you....speaking about them being registered!! sure they are...my Cousin sent me this link after i told him about it http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/334facb3d6301d76ed5341afe86b65b5/compdetails

#11 7 years ago

That's quite a new account you have there Dan

#12 7 years ago
    Quoted from danodowd:

well i did get my machine after i placed my order and i'm not Joking Ed...if you have relatives you can tell them to check it up for you and go buy the items in their store and arrange shipment to you....speaking about them being registered!! sure they are...my Cousin sent me this link after i told him about it http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/334facb3d6301d76ed5341afe86b65b5/compdetails

Nice link to nowhere.

Interesting you joined Pinside only yesterday and the only two posts you have made are regarding this topic...

#13 7 years ago

My own thoughts, beyond what was posted here, is that their e-mail back to me was clearly written by someone with English not their native language, and someone who claims to have four NIB Iron Man machines they will part with for $3500 each...

Either it's the underground deal of the century or it's fishier then the cat food my cat ate for breakfast....

#14 7 years ago

i did not take the chance - i was hoping somebody here from pinside out there could actually vouch for them - my ironman has finally been found - took me a few months, but i now have it

thanks ed

#15 7 years ago

That link was a temporary link. Looked them up at that same site and got this...

Name & Registered Office:
    GAMESBOXX LTD
    6 LINGFIELD ROAD
    LONDON
    UNITED KINGDOM
    SW19 4QA
    Company No. 07140258

Date of Incorporation: 29/01/2010

Country of Origin: United Kingdom

Company Type: Private Limited Company
    Nature of Business (SIC):
    92000 - Gambling and betting activities

Accounting Reference Date: 31/01
    Last Accounts Made Up To: 31/01/2012 (DORMANT)
    Next Accounts Due: 31/10/2013
    Last Return Made Up To: 29/01/2012
    Next Return Due: 26/02/2013

Previous Names:
    Date of change Previous Name
    10/10/2011 THE POKER LADDER LTD

No other useful info on the site. It looks like they are registered although that doesn't give me a lot of confidence.

#16 7 years ago

yeah i browse through forums and blog and i join the site but so fortunate i found this topic here...well i know they are real but just to make things right then send a representative to their shop to order and pay cash and arrange delivery to you.........

Danny Boy..xx

#17 7 years ago

I have been in contact with a Carson also at this company in U.K. It sounds fishy to me also. He will not do pay pal, COD, or Visa. He wants me to put the money into his western union account in a diffrent name so he can verify then he will send the unit to me and I can change the name and send the money to him. I do not believe the post that they got their unit in 5 days no issues. post me the fed ex tracking numbers or invoices or something to prove you got the pinball.

#18 7 years ago

It's a fucking scam - it's obvious, don't go near this.

Jesus.

In fact even WU tell you not to do it:
    https://wumt.westernunion.com/info/faqSecurity.asp

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 7,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 1,400.00
    $ 4.95
    $ 74.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 93.00
    $ 248.85
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Haus
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 175.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 1,000.00
    $ 58.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 27.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 45.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 169.95
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Pinball Pro
    $ 159.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pixels Arcade Games
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 229.99
    $ 25.50

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside